Rumor: Japan to get a 160GB PS3
Rumors have surfaced stating that Sony may have yet another PS3 SKU on the way. According to QJ.net, Sony has registered a new model labeled CECHG06 (160GB PS3), similar to the 40GB PS3's CECHG01.
Insiders have claimed that the new SKU's specs come straight from Sony Computer Entertainment International's Japan offices.
Here are the rumored specs (differences in italics):
* Code: CECHG06 (SPECIFICATION)
* Sony PlayStation 3
* 160GB 2.5 SATA 5400rpm HDD
* CELL Broadband Engine (65nm process) @ 3.2ghz
* PPU x1, SPE x8
* RSX GPU (65nm process) @ 550mhz
* Blu-ray Optical Disc Drive @ 2x
* Memory Card Reader- Memory Stick Duo, Compact Flash, Secure Digital
* 6x USB 2.0 ports
* 2x HDMI 1.3 ports
* 3x Gigabit ethernet ports
* DUALSHOCK 3 controller
However, please remember that until official confirmation from Sony, this is just whispers in the wind. Stay tuned for more information!