Leaked Battlefield 3 details?
- Posted October 10th, 2007 at 06:08 EDT by
- 18 Comments
According to DigitalBattle.com, a tipster left a mysterious PDF in their mailbox, which explores new features EA and DICE plan to implement in Battlefield 3.
Apparently this PDF was meant for investors only, and there is no word yet from EA or DICE on this PDF's legitimacy.
Here are the list of details outlined in the PDF file:
* Release in late 2008
* Powered by Frostbite DX (Direct X compatable?)
* Set in year modern day
* Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
* Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
* Same ticket-based gameplay style as before
* Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
* Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are Battalions which consist of three to four squads.
* Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
* Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
* Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
* Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
* Possible public beta in Summer 2008
* Online stats tracking, awards and real world ranks
* Soldier feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
* Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships
* In-game replay and recording feature
* VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and extensive clan support
* Built-in auto software updater
* Widows Vista and OS X
* Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
If the new Battlefield is running on the Frostbite engine, players can probably expect to see the game on more than just PC.
With a supposed announcement in January along with a teaser trailer, we will see if this news is true or not. Until then, stay tuned to PSU for any updates.
- 1:35am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Sounds feasible. I really like the up to 40-players per team aspect and the game looks real good so far.
- 2:32am EDT - October 10th, 2007
How large is the chance of it appearing on the PS3?
- 3:24am EDT - October 10th, 2007
windows vista? holy crap how about xp? vista sucks hard? T_T
- 3:26am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Pfft...if any of you guys have played Battlefield 2142, and if the same team is devving this, you will steer clear...however if the team behind BF2 is heading this up. Go for it.
- 3:37am EDT - October 10th, 2007
psn id: gingo.... i cant imagine someone siting there and making something like this up so it sounds as this could be reliable information
- 4:21am EDT - October 10th, 2007
it's just for pc now, so who cares. besides that "EA sucks"!
- 5:00am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Does that mean 80 players on a single map?
- 6:04am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Sucks that it's ONCE AGAIN middle eastern urban setting in modern day war. Sorry, but this is becoming the new WWII game genre. How about some semi-futuristic type of time period? How about jungle/arctic/woods/etc. type locations?
All this is, is what BF2 SHOULD have been. This sucks. Guess I have to wait till PS4 and the new Windows before the REAL follow-up to BF2.
- 6:29am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Ok who gives a rats ar** about a PC games. I thought this was PS dedicated site.
- 7:51am EDT - October 10th, 2007
@Organic - BF 2142?
I do agree though, mid east is the new WWII. I would love to see a game like this with but set in Major cities.
- 8:39am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Well I think it would be unethical to not have b3 on a console....BDA
- 10:29am EDT - October 10th, 2007
sounds like every other big game coming out.
- 11:59am EDT - October 10th, 2007
Apart from it stating it'll have squad based gameplay, it doesn't give any indication for a single player campaign. Sounds like a multiplayer PC game.
- 12:08pm EDT - October 10th, 2007
"Vista and OS X"
Are people still using Mac OS?
- 12:55pm EDT - October 10th, 2007
sounds good! expept it would be nice if the classes were more deep instead of recycling the same ones from Modern Combat.
- 2:25pm EDT - October 10th, 2007
I think i am going to get battlefield bad comany instead this will be good though
- 2:08am EDT - October 14th, 2007
@Battlecraft Maybe if kept your sarcastic stupidity for yourself, you wouldn't be making such stupid comments. You may wanna do some research before at least. http://10layers.com/2007/01/2010-apple-larger-than-microsoft/ Maybe you would get a nice start here?
- 4:46am EDT - March 12th, 2008
viasta and os x? That'll be cool, I'm getting a new powerbook in a few months
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!