New GTA IV details; possible MMO, episodic content
As the blockbuster that is Grand Theft Auto IV edges closer to its release date, more details continue to surface about it.
The latest issue of EGM provided the GTA faithful with the latest details on the highly anticipated game to be released next month. This multitude of news comes at the right time as we have only been exposed to bits and pieces of information till this point. Some of these new details include:
* The Sixaxis will be used in GTA4 but in a way thats done Right.
* A possible MMPOG GTA in the future. May be subscription based.
* Beat up cars will eventually stall, leaving you to flee on foot.
* Tires will shred apart when they are shot.
* Ps3 Version will have warmer colors while the 360 version will have more vibrant colors.
* Tap Up on the D-pad brings up the Cell phone. Up a second time brings up the key pad.
* There are several different cell phones you gain through out the game. the basic has contacts, organizer, camera, and multiplayer mode. The MP3 version is obtained later in the game.
* You can kill anyone and everyone, even your contacts.
* Theres a conservative talk station called WKTT (We Know the Truth). This is making fun of Rush limbaugh and will have those red stater rants that was recorded from real fans that called in doing that time period R* was taking calls from fans.
* DJ Lazlow Returns
* Bloggers play some form in the game.
* The old GTA cheat codes we come to love seem to have returned.
* You can drop grenades out of the vehicle while driving. you can also "cook" the grenades.
* R* is really getting into episodic downloads. may see some for the PS3 version.
Rockstar has already promised close to 100 hours of gameplay and then factor in the possibility of a MMO, it seems like most gamers will go months before they put down their copy of the game.