PS3 sales on the rise in Japan thanks to Street Fighter IV
- Posted February 20th, 2009 at 10:31 EDT by Michael Harradence
PlayStation 3 sales have been given a much needed boost in Japan on the back of Capcom’s critically acclaimed Street Fighter IV, with weekly sales of the platform almost surpassing those of the Wii.
Sony’s black box shifted a total of 18,656 for the week ending February 8, snapping at the heels of the Wii, while the PlayStation Portable turned in yet another solid performance in second place with 34,256 behind the DSi.
Meanwhile, the PS3 version of Street Fighter IV debuted at number two behind Mario & Luigi RPG 3, selling 86,000 units and eclipsing its Xbox 360 counterpart, which shifted 38,000 copies.
See below for a full round up of the charts.
DS Lite/ 14,810
Xbox 360/ 9,833
01. Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS)
02. Street Fighter IV (PS3)
03. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (PSP)
04. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (PS2)
05. Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360)
06. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PSP)
07. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS2)
08. Demon's Souls (PS3)
09. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP)
10. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS)