Rumor: New Army of Two game titled 'The 40th Day'
- Posted March 6th, 2009 at 16:44 EDT by Eric Blattberg
- 31 Comments
The next Army of Two game will be titled Army of Two: The 40th Day, if Joystiq's source is to be believed. EA couldn't have gone with Army of Two 2, after all.
The game is rumored to take place in Shanghai, where a network of private military corporations are seeking to take over, under the rule of a leader with secret intentions. Rios and Salem return, and they've been "reluctantly dragged into the conflict without complete knowledge of the situation."
All of the following information has yet to be confirmed.
* The game will feature moral decisions, a deeper weapons customization system, multiple endings, and even a few followers
* Multiplayer will be outsourced yet again
* On the technical side: The 40th Day adds Beast lighting and Fracture, as well as an improved networking system
* Environmental interaction: some weapons will be capable of tearing through thin walls and obstacles in the game, and new AI scripts will improve your partner's realism (e.g., peeking through windows, taking out enemies silently, etc.)
* EA will be tossing civilians into the mix, which you can use as meat human shields
- 11:48am EST - March 6th, 2009
the first was good so i won't hesitate to purchase this one
- 11:50am EST - March 6th, 2009
Really enjoyed first one, will deff pick Army of two 2 up from the shelf ;)
- 11:59am EST - March 6th, 2009
the first one was good, but the support for the game sucked they never fixed the online issues
- 12:28pm EST - March 6th, 2009
THE FIST WAS MEH! , ME AND MY BROTHER IN LAW BEAT IT IN LIKE 5 HOURS. IF THEY IMPROVE THIS ONE FROM THE LAST I MIGHT CHECK IT OUT.
- 12:33pm EST - March 6th, 2009
- meh -
- 12:40pm EST - March 6th, 2009
EA will be tossing civilians into the mix, which you can use as meat human shields
EA is nasty....
- 12:56pm EST - March 6th, 2009
I didn't care for the first one.
- 12:59pm EST - March 6th, 2009
First one sucked... oh well atleast this isn't called army of two... 2 :D
- 1:19pm EST - March 6th, 2009
the first was just too short i thought. plus i didn't like the multiplayer, i would have been awesome if they made it so it was 16 peple online in teams of 2 or 4.
- 1:37pm EST - March 6th, 2009
it sucked...the concept was cool but i honestly didnt think that EA delivered
- 2:18pm EST - March 6th, 2009
The first one was a really cool game
- 2:24pm EST - March 6th, 2009
man i hope it comes out this year. i really liked the first one.
- 2:40pm EST - March 6th, 2009
One of the worst games I have ever owned was the first.
- 2:54pm EST - March 6th, 2009
Army of Three
- 4:05pm EST - March 6th, 2009
game was Great =D
. i loved , it has its own style !
def goanna buy the next one
- 7:42pm EST - March 6th, 2009
Do we really need a sequel to this game? Ugh.
- 1:11am EST - March 7th, 2009
couldnt they have had army of three :P :P
- 1:15am EST - March 7th, 2009
the first one was really cool hope they do a beter job with Army Of Two 40th day then when they did with the first one
- 1:33am EST - March 7th, 2009
sorry...but this game remides me of XBOX.... war..thats it
- 3:13am EST - March 7th, 2009
lol i dont know played it and it was alright but they need to show me something to really blow me away or else this is a rental for me
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!