Heavy Rain shifts 27k in Japan in one week
- Posted February 26th, 2010 at 16:14 EDT by Michael Harradence
Critically acclaimed PlayStation 3 thriller Heavy Rain has entered the Japanese charts at number six, shifting 27,000 copies in its first week on sale.
Elsewhere, the PS3 version of Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition (known as Gold Edition in the West) moved a whopping 143,000 units during the same period, topping the charts in the process.
In other Sony-related entries, God Eater on PSP continues to see strong sales, holding on to second place, while Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International hangs on at nine.
Check out the top ten below.
01. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) - 143,000 / NEW
02. God Eater (PSP) - 64,000 / 470,000
03. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - 44,000 / 3,366,000
04. Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (DS) - 44,000 / 1,217,000
05. Tomodachi Collection (DS) - 31,000 / 2,849,000
06. Heavy Rain (PS3) - 27,000 / NEW
07. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) - 26,000 / 1,665,000
08. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia (DS) - 24,000 / NEW
09. Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International (PS3) - 15,000 / 113,000
10. Wii Sports Resort (Wii) - 11,000 / 1,761,000