U.K. Charts: Assassin's Creed III silences the competition
- Posted November 5th, 2012 at 05:38 EDT by Michael Harradence
The latest instalment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise has silenced Medal of Honor: Warfighter’s chart reign after just one week, debuting in first place on the U.K. All Format Charts.
The historical action-adventure title from Ubisoft has become the second biggest launch of the year thus far, bested only by FIFA 13.
Those of you keen on your statistics might want to know that Assassin’s Creed III outsold Revelations by 117,000 copies, and in terms of launch week sales, sold double the amount that Assassin’s Creed II managed back in November 2009.
Meanwhile, companion title Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation on PlayStation Vita made the top 20, debuting at 14. Also releasing last week was Need for Speed Most Wanted (#5), Football Manager (#4) and WWE ’13 (#3). FIFA 13 continues to sell strong in second place.
Check out the full Top Ten below.
1. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. WWE ’13 (THQ)
4. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
5. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
6. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
7. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
8. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
9. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. Dishonored (Bethesda)