Black Ops II confirmed as U.K.'s biggest-selling game of 2012
- Posted January 4th, 2013 at 11:26 EDT by Michael Harradence
GfK Chart-Track has crowned Call of Duty: Black Ops II as the U.K.’s biggest-selling videogame at retail in 2012.
The Activision juggernaut and FIFA 13, which landed in second place, were according to MCV “streaks ahead of the rest of the chart.”
Both games managed to outpace other heavy hitters from last year, including Assassin’s Creed III, Max Payne 3 and Mass Effect 3. The latter didn’t even crack the Top Ten despite smashing records back in March 2012.
Aside from obvious contenders like Halo 4 and Just Dance 4, 2011's FIFA 12 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim managed to muscle in on the Top Ten, placing at eight and nine, respectively.
See below for the full list.
- - - - - -
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Activision
2. FIFA 13 - Electronic Arts
3. Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft
4. Halo 4 - Microsoft
5. Hitman Absolution - Square Enix
6. Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
7. Far Cry 3 - Ubisoft
8. FIFA 12 - Electronic Arts
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda
10. Borderlands 2 - 2K Games
11. Mass Effect 3 - Electronic Arts
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Warner Bros
13. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Electronic Arts
14. FIFA Street - Electronic Arts
15. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games
16. Skylanders Giants - Activision
17. Battlefield 3 - Electronic Arts
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Activision
19. Max Payne 3 - Rockstar
20. Sleeping Dogs - Square Enix