U.K. Charts: The Last of Us infects the top spot
- Posted June 17th, 2013 at 04:35 EDT by Michael Harradence
Sony’s PlayStation 3-exclusive The Last of Us has debuted at the top of the U.K. All Format Charts.
Developed by Naughty Dog, the critically-acclaimed post-apocalyptic adventure title beat off competition from 3DS title Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and arrives in stores off the back of a tidal wave of perfect 10s.
The Last of Us is the third biggest-selling launch in the U.K. so far this year, following on from Tomb Raider and BioShock: Infinite. It also had the best debut for a new IP since L.A. Noire in 2011.
Elsewhere, GRID 2 suffers a puncture and falls to third, Tomb Raider survives at four and FIFA 13 has a kick-about at five.
See below for the full Top 20.
- - - - -
1. The Last Of Us
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3. Grid 2
4. Tomb Raider
5. Fifa 13
6. Injustice: Gods Among Us
7. Far Cry 3
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary
9. Luigi’s Mansion 2
10. Assassin’s Creed III
11. Dead Island: Riptide
12. Rugby Challenge 2: Lions Tour Edition
13. Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes
14. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
15. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
16. Bioshock Infinite
17. The Walking Dead
18. Grand Theft Auto IV
19. Lego The Lord Of The Rings
20. Remember Me