U.K. Charts: The Last of Us and Minecraft continue to slug it out
- Posted August 5th, 2013 at 06:08 EDT by Michael Harradence
The latest U.K. All Format chart data is in, and from the look of things, it’s fair to say we’re officially in the summer software lull.
The only notable new release is movie-tie-in The Smurfs 2 at number five, which does nothing but reaffirm our belief that this is probably the best time to pull out that back catalogue.
The Last of Us does manage to infect second place though, thanks to a drastic drop-off for Pikmin 3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition continues to rule the roost however, with Animal Crossing: New Leaf and FIFA 13 rounding out the Top Five.
See below for the full chart.
- - --
1. Minecraft: Xbox 30 Edition (Microsoft)
2. The Last of Us (Sony)
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
4. FIFA 13 (EA)
5. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
6. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
7. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
9. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
10. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
11. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros (Nintendo)
12. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
13. Max Payne 3 (Take-Two)
14. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
15. Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
16. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
17. Battlefield 3 (EA)
18. Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City (Rockstar)
19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary Edition (Bethesda)
20. The Sims 3: Island Paradise (EA)