GTA V Easter eggs, secrets, and cameos
5. In the aforementioned mission, the house that Franklin, Lamar, and Trevor go to for the drug deal is in the same spot as CJ's mom's house was in GTA: San Andreas.
6. The game map included in GTA V's special edition has a secret message and marked location visibly only by shining UV light on the map. In the game, this spot has a remote dock for sale with a Minisub and several offshore Nuclear Waste barrels you can sell for cash.
7. The game's second heist, in which Trevor decides between blowing up a docked freighter or hijacking a device at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, is a clear nod to GTA III's iconic "Bomb Da Base" missions, in which the protagonist and 8-ball blow up a freighter with a huge cargo of SPANK, the Colombian Cartel's premier drug.
8. Lester has Superman and Master Chief action figures on a shelf in his house. (Thanks, Cheat CC.)
9. If you swim out too far in the Pacific Ocean, a shark might come out of nowhere and eat you. But at least there's a trophy for it! (Thanks, Cheat CC.)
10. Righteous Slaughter is the first-person shooter that Michael's son Jimmy is addicted to. Drop by his room during GTA V's early hours and take a peek at the game's graphics, which are a brash nod to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
And more to come...
GTA V has only been out for a day or two, so there are hundreds of secrets left to unearth. As you play your own adventures in San Andreas, be sure to keep an eye out for easter eggs, cameos, and other clever treasures. Drop a comment below if you spot something, and we'll add it to our list!
Stay glued to PSU.com for more GTA V coverage, and stay tuned for our review later this week.----
- Page 1
- Page 2