Top 5 tips for Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
- Posted November 20th, 2013 at 21:22 EDT by Lee Millington
The Ratchet and Clank series is notoriously hard. While the latest entry, Into the Nexus, provides difficulty options, even on a lower setting you'll still get more from the game if you play it tactically. Of course, if you're on a higher difficulty, the need is stronger. Take a look at my Top 5 tips for playing Into the Nexus--I learned how the hard way.
5) Fools rush in. You might be armed to the teeth and end the game with a kill count that Nathan Drake would approve of, but it's really not wise to rush into situations with your biggest gun. Take your time and consider your surroundings. There might be three enemies in the next room, but think logically: the next room is enormous. There are bound to be more coming.
4) Know your enemy. Bosses have really predictable attack patterns. The thing is, so do standard grunts. If you take the time to consider how many times they'll fire at you, or if they adapt to your movement, then you'll have a much higher chance of success against them. You'll find yourself fighting against quite a lot of the same enemy types, so your time doing this won't be wasted.
3) Defense is the best offense. This has been said many a time, but it is never truer than in this game. The Monster Box is your best friend. In fact, you should upgrade it to the max as soon as you possibly can, because there'll be points where you really need the enemies off your back. And on that note...
2) Retreat. Sometimes this isn't always possible, but sometimes it is necessary. You might just need to sneak around a corner so you have time to think, or you might need to return to a vendor and get yourself some ammo. It's much better to do this than to have your progress lost, especially in the game's final battle versus grunts.
1) The first run is not your trial run. It can be quite tempting to rush through the game on your first attempt, leaving the side missions and not upgrading your weapon as much as possible. Don't ignore these. You'll be hindering yourself when you reach Challenge Mode, which is enough of a gauntlet even with a solid arsenal.
Do you have any tips for Into the Nexus that you can share with the PSU community? Let us know in the comments below, and read our review of Insomniac Games' latest.
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus is available now for PlayStation 3 at retail and via the PlayStation Store.----