Sony E3 2014: PS4 predictions, new game announcements and rumours
11. Sony London will announce a new game in the WipEout series, which will be followed by sustained applause. Following the closure of original WipEout developer Studio Liverpool, the official Twitter page hinted that the franchise isn’t dead yet. "WE. ARE. ALIVE." they posted. Let’s see it at E3 2014.
12. Sony Bend will announce the triumphant return of Syphon Filter exclusively for PS4, or possibly even Vita considering its past work on Sony handhelds. The third-person shooter stealth series hasn’t made an appearance since 2007 where the PSP version was well-received by critics. Expect a heavy focus on multiplayer.
13. The Last Guardian is still in development. Yes, really. Despite being announced and disappearing into the ether in 2009, Team ICO will tease us again showcasing a trailer for the game to build hype. The trailer will end with the words “Coming 2015.” People will shake their heads in disbelief.
Expect massive cheers if this one sees the light of day
14. Ah, nothing new from Rockstar just yet. Grand Theft Auto 5 will be confirmed for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with a release window announced. Rockstar will not showcase its stealth-action game Agent, or Red Dead Redemption 2.
15. Resident Evil 7 will be announced with a trailer that will introduce some brand new protagonists. Co-op will be ditched, the inventory system re-worked and Resident Evil 7 will be portrayed as heading back to its original survival horror series roots with scary enemies, tighter environments and improved puzzles. PSU Senior Editor and massive Resident Evil fan Mike Harradence will faint. We know Capcom has something major to show at E3. It's either this, or could it be a new Dino Crisis game?