Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion PSN DLC launches July 3
- Posted June 20th, 2014 at 07:39 EDT by Steven Williamson
The third DLC pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts will launch on PS3, PS4 and PC on July 3, 2014, bringing with it four new multiplayer maps and the third episode in the four-part Extinction storyline.
The four maps are as follows:
- Departed: Set in a rural Mexican town during the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration, players who complete the map’s Field Order will unlock the Death Mariachi killstreak. Armed with dual-wielding pistols, the Death Mariachi settles scores, with each kill turning enemy players into another member of the band and a temporary squad mate.
- Pharaoh: In the abandoned archaeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace, players will have to be on the lookout for collapsing monuments and urns full of flesh-eating scarabs, among other surprises in this multi-level map. Players who unlock this map’s Field Order will be handsomely rewarded by Anubis, the half jackal/half human protector of the dead.
- Mutiny: A remote Caribbean island harbouring an eerie pirate hideout complete with abandoned trading posts and prison cells, where speed and stealth are a must as players navigate the narrow and intertwining pathways. Players that unlock “Mutiny’s” Field Order will find themselves escorted by two ethereal ghost pirates who will happily send enemy players down to Davey Jones’ locker on their behalf.
- Favela: A refreshed version of the fan-favourite map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, this Brazilian shantytown has seen substantial change since its original release. Buildings once under construction are now complete, while others have crumbled into a state of disrepair. Players must avoid falling to their death as they traverse the map from one building to the next, avoiding enemy snipers taking advantage of the map’s long sightlines. Players who complete “Favela’s” Field Order can call in air support from a nearby Y-8 Gunship.
Episode 3 of the storyline DLC is called ‘Awakening’ and will feature the team heading into the alien underworld to attack the fortress of the Ancestors.
The Invasion DLC pack has been available on Xbox 360 and Xbox One since June 3, 2014.