PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only Person Who Thinks Halo Is Way Overrated ??

MattDale
03-06-2005, 08:25
I really dont know what all the hype is ? I mean compared to Halflife 2 halo 2 was a joke

SessDMC
03-06-2005, 13:30
Ohhh you gunna get a beating russian style from Siren and Epz, but yeh compared to half life two Halo 2 is a joke. haha funny. im Not Saying that Killzone is better than half life 2 but lets admit its a fresh game with innovation, that works you into the war and you become emmersed. something that ive never done before on both halos or half life 1. (havent tryed HL2)

gaming ultima
03-06-2005, 14:43
yea i agree, halo 2 was overrated overall in the genre, for a current-gen console shooter its pretty good though
killzone is very good but has its problems
oh and btw ps4life donít ever ever ever ever ever say anything negative about half life lol, unless you want me to get a big fat $ symbol over your head :wink:

bustabusta196
03-06-2005, 15:15
Havent played HL2 cause i dont have a Kick Arse computer like everyone else.. and i havent played Killzone but some of the stuff im seeing on the internet about it doesnt look appealing to me. But i HAVE Halo2, and i can tell you the only bad thing about it is the ending, and the stuff they took out of it.. which will be put into Halo3.

PS Gamer
03-06-2005, 15:17
I like playing them all....I don't really care which one is better since they all are pretty cool....though in my personal prefrence FPS games are not my favorite type of games....RPG would be my #1

bustabusta196
03-06-2005, 15:27
Halo2 offline gets boring unless you have alot of xbox friends that have there own controller and stuff.. but Halo2 on XboxLive kills everything.

SessDMC
03-06-2005, 16:09
*see's a big '$' over his head* what the hells that suppost to mean? Blair wich! ARGH! ok ok! i will adore Half life, i have actually got it on Ps2 but mi brothers upheld it at his barracks in Leeds, and its starting to irritate how he says "i'll bring it back next week" Getting me soo peeved

Digitized!
03-06-2005, 16:20
barracks? ur bro works in the Army?? kool....

oh yeah and Half Life 2 is DEFINITELY the best fps i have ever played..
it kicks arse on a Radeon 9600..the gameplay as well as the gfx as well as the physics are AMAZING! definitely worth the wait.. and about Halo its not that bad a game but sometimes it gets a wee bit monotonous if u know wat i mean..i mean killing the same aliens all the time...kinda gives me a feeling of deja vu..but its ok as a fps..about killzone havent got it yet might get it soon though...

Epsilon-Zero
03-06-2005, 18:17
both games offer a different play experience.

Halo 2 has a more cinematic style of game play where there is music and action sequences that go strait along with it. Half Life 2 had virtually no action sequences with the gameplay. They also didnt have very many areas where there was music to match the action.

Half Life 2's goal was to deliver the most realistic experience, while Halo 2's was to be the most cinematic.

Really i thought the gameplay in Half Life 2 was kind of borning. Seemed like it took forever to get to an area with high intensity and even then sometimes you could avoid it.

To each their own.

Chaotic_King
03-06-2005, 18:59
The whole bloody series is overrated. Now, I'm not denying they are good games, they are, but Xbox fans wave it around as if it was a gift from Heaven.

SessDMC
03-06-2005, 19:02
Thats because its the only gift from heven for the xbox, that and GTA but us PS2 gamers laughs at any one who touches them. (the xbox version) CK has got a blunt point from what a majoratie of what we think.

Fedos
03-06-2005, 19:07
Halo overrated? Hardly. Halo and Halo 2 are the standards by which all console first person shooters are measured. I haven't played Half Life one or two so I can't comment on those games. But Killzone is garbage. I've played the demo and the AI was virtually non existant. Now compare Killzone's AI to the original Halo's (I won't even mention Halo 2's, partially because Bungie changed the Legendary AI from the first game and altered it and such). Killzone's graphics were also a huge letdown. Overrated? Let's put it this way, PS2 owners would be shouting from the rooftops if Halo was on their system. In summation, Halo is king.

james3579
03-06-2005, 19:11
halo was alright, halo 2 is over rated, and they are not the console FPS that all FPSs are measured by, try 007 and perfect dark on N64. but halo 2, it is garbage, i played a half life 2 demo, i was blown away, it looked great on a crappy comp (1.7 celeron, 1gb ram, geforce fx 5200) the game was a blast. and killzones AI beat halo 2's, ive played both and the AI on killzone is insane.

Brandon
03-06-2005, 19:26
Ohhh you gunna get a beating russian style from Siren and Epz
No he's not going to get a beating, and don't make assumptions like that. It's just his opinion.

Thats because its the only gift from heven for the xbox, that and GTA but us PS2 gamers laughs at any one who touches them. (the xbox version) CK has got a blunt point from what a majoratie of what we think.
Halo isn't the only good game for Xbox, despite what you may think.

try 007 and perfect dark on N64
Both of those games were amazing. ;)

Fedos
03-06-2005, 19:41
Goldeneye was great. I haven't played Perfect Dark though. Ok then, let's put it this way and I'm sure we can all agree on this: Halo is the CURRENT console gen's standard by which all others are measured. The only other first person shooter that can contend with Halo in this current gen is Metroid Prime, and that's really a first person adventure game and not a traditional first person shooter.

SessDMC
03-06-2005, 20:11
*sigh* i try to have a laugh and i get whiped!

Fedos you actually havent played the game and you are going by the Net and its assumtions, Killzone is amazeing, one of the high ranking games along with Half Life and Halo, i will say this once and never again, Killzone is aimed at halo, not halo 2 right? After Fears on reviews about the Easy mode beeing too Easy i decided to go onto normal, and it is really amazeing, also CURRENT gen's dosnt mean ANYTHING It's all about how the game plays, Killzone is an AAA title as it should be, because of how you play the game, your under fire from all directions in a trench, then the next thing is you in a city, running up buildings hideing from the hellgast. Fedos, Rent the game and see how YOU play it. its the only way to get the true experiance from the game.

gaming ultima
03-06-2005, 20:25
few things to say
how good a game is and which games are better then others is all objective and a matter of opinion
now in my opinion while for a console FPS halo 2 is a very good game, but i think it was over hyped and overrated, and it doesnít really compare to games like half life 2 and so overall halo 2 may be a standard by which console FPS are to be judged but its def not in the genre as a whole
in short, at present if your going to get a FPS your prob better off getting a PC FPS, only get Halo 2 if you dont have a decent PC

Fedos
03-06-2005, 20:39
But I HAVE played the game on an official ps magazine disk and what I played I didn't like. Even the media outlets agree that Killzone is not Sony's Halo killer and that Playstation gamers have to wait longer for that kind of a game to come to their system. Don't believe me? Gamespot gave Killzone a 6.9 out of 10!? With that in mind, why should I subscribe to the opinion that Killzone is teh ****e1? To me, and from what I've played, Killzone is to the original Halo as Brute Force was to the original Halo, a game that was billed by the official console magazine as the next best thing but ultimately didn't live up to the hype. And I'm not an Xbox fanboy despite how I may sound. I actually own all three systems and rpgs are my favorite genre but I do have a special place in my heart for the Xbox, mainly because I like great graphics and I would love for the Microsoft NeXtBox to be an rpg haven. So yes, I've played Killzone and didn't like it.

10-15-2006, 03:30
GameInformer has released several videos with Ted Price explaining all the multiplayer features of Resistance: The Fall of Man in rather extreme depth, and even walking through these features with the game menu. Among the features mentioned in the videos, stat tracking, ranked games, and casual games make appearances on-screen.

Ted Price also walks through several of the gameplay modes on a 70 inch high definition monitor (Grrr!), including Meltdown, and Breach, both of which look amazing. Resistance is already looking amazing, but these videos bring it over the top.

Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKWvK0v3J0)
Video 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOkyzElbVw)
Video 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GVuQYXoxs)
Video 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O4uZvBmW0)
Video 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAE1vgGP3Y)
Video 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjJpq2dcpw)

luxurys
10-15-2006, 18:07
Great article....good job Ian! :D

ps3 Wanna be
10-17-2006, 21:07
Live