PDA

View Full Version : HL2 Xbox 1 vs 360

Vip3r
11-26-2007, 16:53
Just wondering if anyone here has HL2 on the original xbox and on the 360? How does the graphics, physics etc match up between both generations?

Aquanox
11-26-2007, 17:01
The Half Life 2 is definetly much better in Xbox 360, looks sharper and clearer, but the real improvements are in the Episode I and II (both included in "The Orange Box") where it truly leaps and bounds ahead it's predecesor.

MossadAgentO
11-26-2007, 17:38
Much better lighting and bloom and textures. Its pretty much the pc version maxxed out, but i think they still made it look better. The water works level witht he airboat has awesome sky and every turn looks awesome and different kind of.

Rapture
11-26-2007, 18:03
It's far better, no lag, better textures, better lighting, better physics, etc.

rikwakefield
11-26-2007, 20:34
I wish I didn't have to wait till f'in XMas to play this. I'm not a kid ffs!

:lol:

Knuckles126
11-26-2007, 20:40
I played the Orange Box demo on the 360. Half Life 2 has to be the most overrated game in history. Halo 3 kicks the **** out of it, as well as just about every other fps on the 360. :roll:

rikwakefield
11-26-2007, 20:47
I played the Orange Box demo on the 360. Half Life 2 has to be the most overrated game in history. Halo 3 kicks the **** out of it, as well as just about every other fps on the 360. :roll:
Yeah, the demo is pretty poor. I'm expecting the full game to be much better though.

Naxi
11-26-2007, 20:51
I played the Orange Box demo on the 360. Half Life 2 has to be the most overrated game in history. Halo 3 kicks the **** out of it, as well as just about every other fps on the 360. :roll:That's a bold statement judging only by a demo.

Knuckles126
11-26-2007, 20:54
That's a bold statement judging only by a demo.
I played Half Life 2 on the PC long before Orange Box was even thought of. I was not impressed then, and I'm not impressed now. You can have all the fancy lighting effects, but the game is just so **** boring to play imo. :|

Naxi
11-26-2007, 21:04
I played Half Life 2 on the PC long before Orange Box was even thought of. I was not impressed then, and I'm not impressed now. You can have all the fancy lighting effects, but the game is just so **** boring to play imo. :|Ah, well like always to each their own.

Zatoichi
11-26-2007, 22:41

I'd like to hang you :)

Ooooh I wish I were lying.

ishanz
11-26-2007, 22:47
lol, Half-Life is miles ahead of what Halo can ever dream of being.

Opinion, don't hate me for it, etc.

On-topic: HL2 on 360 is essentially the maxed out PC version with added effects, such as HDR and motion blur. The meat of Orange Box is Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal though.

Infinite Daremo
11-26-2007, 22:48
I played Half Life 2 on the PC long before Orange Box was even thought of. I was not impressed then, and I'm not impressed now. You can have all the fancy lighting effects, but the game is just so **** boring to play imo. :|

I agree Half Life 2 was the most boring FPS ive played since Killzone 1. But... episode 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing. Very physics heavy episodes which i enjoyed playing. But throwing Portals and TF2 on top of that made the Orange Box on top of that made it the best deal ever. Admittedly if i had played HL2 on PC when it first released i wouldnt of even bothered after that.

maltrophstitan
11-26-2007, 22:54
the game is slow with poor pacing, people who expect their shooter experience to be one bang to the next could find it boring.
IMO the first half life was better, but im getting orange box anyways because it's half life and its a game that needs to be played.
But im sort of with nucks after half life 2 i was sort of wondering when it was going to sustain any sort of action.

Zatoichi
11-26-2007, 23:01
I found the pacing perfect. In fact, you can tell how well thought out the game is just by looking at the pacing. There are always periods of silence and rest to cut up (and crescendo toward) the...

maltrophstitan
11-26-2007, 23:08
Someone should go into the game with the mindset that it's not a normal shooter experience, I think i may have enjoyed the game a lot more if i new there wasn't going to be an endless wave of enemies...

Zatoichi
11-27-2007, 00:27
I played HL2 on a PC so it might have been a very different experience.

Kingofallpie
11-27-2007, 03:34
I've only played HL2 on the Xbox, so I might have a unique perspective.

Even though the weapon selection was somewhat weak, the slowdown was terrible, especially towards the end, and the loading zones were atrocious...

It was still some of the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame. I really wish I had a 360 to play this as part of the Orange Box.

WickedlNl
11-27-2007, 08:48
Dont judge HL2 by its looks and performance from the original xbox. it was a crap port with watered down graphics and framerate problems. Play the PC version or the Orange Box now and enjoy a great story based game.