PDA

View Full Version : FPSs, 360, COD4 and me

itsme
12-07-2007, 02:49
I was never a big fan of FPSs. However, since Gears of War (I know, it's not FPS, rather SPS), Halo 3, and COD4 I started to love FPSs. Hence, 360 became my favorite system at the moment. COD4 has been awesome, and I spent lots of time to reach level 42. I consider it as an achievement as someone who sucks at FPSs; I can't aim as fast as others that I'm matched against, I almost always lost at one on one... I think, I'm hitting a wall that no matter how hard I try; I always have bad games, now. I don't know if that's just a sign of the limit of my skill level or to blame the matching making. Anyway, I'm about to quit on COD4, and I can't help but feeling being forced out.

DS901
12-07-2007, 03:13
*coughs*BioShock*coughs*
My message is clear, get the game before seven days die!

itsme
12-07-2007, 03:17
*coughs*BioShock*coughs*
My message is clear, get the game before seven days die!
I enjoyed BioShock also. BTW what do you mean by before seven days die?

DS901
12-07-2007, 03:21
I enjoyed BioShock also. BTW what do you mean by before seven days die?
And yet you didn't mention it?http://nexgenwars.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

You know how it is usually "you will die in seven days"?
Well, I decided to mix things up a bit.

maltrophstitan
12-07-2007, 05:05
I was never a big fan of FPSs. However, since Gears of War (I know, it's not FPS, rather SPS), Halo 3, and COD4 I started to love FPSs. Hence, 360 became my favorite system at the moment. COD4 has been awesome, and I spent lots of time to reach level 42. I consider it as an achievement as someone who sucks at FPSs; I can't aim as fast as others that I'm matched against, I almost always lost at one on one... I think, I'm hitting a wall that no matter how hard I try; I always have bad games, now. I don't know if that's just a sign of the limit of my skill level or to blame the matching making. Anyway, I'm about to quit on COD4, and I can't help but feeling being forced out.

If you feel like you hit a wall for your skill level I would go and look at some videos of some "pro" players around the web, watch whats possible that really good players can do and tell yourself you can do that.
when you start playing go over what i've seen in your head and picture yourself performing fast and accurate shots, maybe even say out loud I'll win all my one on ones.

I felt that same way when i started playing halo 2 then i stumbled on some videos of pro players and it completely changed the way i played FPS games. I went on to become a sponsored halo 2 player (I couldn't play but my team finished 16th out of hundreds at mlg vegas) and on Battlefield: Modern Combat My clan G o D (Gears of Destruction) was considered on of the best teams and a favorite for the 250k tournament which our friends team LGD won.

FPS games are almost as much a mental game with yourself as it is your "skill"
If you see yourself doing well and being a great player along with practice you'll find that you'll get better.

here's my first montage video for fun :)
http://www.youtube.com/v/2D-RUegiqaM&rel=1