PDA

View Full Version : Region Specific Forums?!

-Deadpool-
01-17-2008, 03:58
Hello,

Don't know if its been asked for/done before but has the idea of Regional specific forums ever come into play here?

I know a lot of fellow Australian PS3 owners have expressed a great interest in having somewhere specific to post news titles and game information - due to the fact that its a smaller market our release dates are usually wildly different for games, Blu-Ray movies and such..

I assume this would be a valuable format for most regions, rather than having a single 'PS3 Discussion' that includes UK/EU/US/AU etc.. release dates and community specific discussion.

In my opinion, it would also probably help the searching of articles too relevant to users specifically as well as general community foundation, allowing easy organisation of game meet-ups, tournaments etc.

Would love to see something implemented, but understand if its not in the PS3F ideal (or perhaps its been opposed due to segregation etc..)

Anyway, just throwing the idea out there :)

Cheers.

Dave
01-17-2008, 04:00
I'm not going to support this idea. It's not a bad one, but it's just like the suggestion with sub-forums for individual games, but with regions. It's not going to work out and people won't post in the correct area, regardless.

-Deadpool-
01-17-2008, 04:02
I'm not going to support this idea. It's not a bad one, but it's just like the suggestion with sub-forums for individual games, but with regions. It's not going to work out and people won't post in the correct area, regardless.
Why wouldn't people from the US post US data in the US forum?

It's not the idea to be a steadfast alternative, you wouldn't have to ensure people posted in certain sections, it would just allow people from specific regions to post in those sections if they wanted to or thought a topic was specific to the region they are aiming at.

Dave
01-17-2008, 04:11
Why wouldn't people from the US post US data in the US forum?

It's not the idea to be a steadfast alternative, you wouldn't have to ensure people posted in certain sections, it would just allow people from specific regions to post in those sections if they wanted to or thought a topic was specific to the region they are aiming at.

To the first question... It sounds simple, doesn't it? Problem is, people are stupid. That's what it ultimately comes down to, lol.

Also, that's one of the issues. A sub-section not considered the "standard" which results in not receiving as much attention will only result in it looking "inactive" which gives a negative connotation all around, which isn't healthy.

MrFenwick
01-17-2008, 04:14
Dang, everyone wants this site to have 100 forums. Its fine as it is really. Could use a little less on the other console area, but anywho.

-Deadpool-
01-17-2008, 04:17
I'd hope to think the vast majority weren't stupid though.. :p It was a format well accepted at a car forum I mod for. We rarely (if ever) have to move stuff between regionals. <br />
<br />
I understand the...

Behemoko
01-17-2008, 04:22
We are not a car forum, we are a gaming forum. If you want location specific, tell me where you live so I can visit you.

EDIT: Wow, you just mentioned doing this in a car forum. :lol: That post wasn't there when I started this post.

-Deadpool-
01-17-2008, 04:25
We are not a car forum, we are a gaming forum. If you want location specific, tell me where you live so I can visit you.

And gaming isn't region specific? Release dates aren't region specific? Blu-Ray releases aren't region specific? I also couldn't have a game of Motorstorm with you being that you're based in the US too.. surely that makes a game someone is trying to set up specific to certain regions too?

I appreciate the discussion and only raise the point due to a few users having commented on the same topic in the aussie roll call thread, but sarcasm really isn't the focus.

Behemoko
01-17-2008, 05:00
And gaming isn't region specific? Release dates aren't region specific? Blu-Ray releases aren't region specific? I also couldn't have a game of Motorstorm with you being that you're based in the US too.. surely that makes a game someone is trying to set up specific to certain regions too?

I appreciate the discussion and only raise the point due to a few users having commented on the same topic in the aussie roll call thread, but sarcasm really isn't the focus.

That wasn't sarcastic actually.