PDA

View Full Version : Gamesharing = Gone, all shared files gone

DEViANCE
05-03-2008, 06:02
Yup check your PSN list/map packs/expansions are all gone if you shared. F*ck sony.

Customer support said its clean up time, looks like they changed their EULA

Grinchy
05-03-2008, 06:35
Huh? I just checked one of my shared games and it started up fine.

Are you sure you didn't just delete the users that you used to download the games? Are you sure you actually talked to customer support?

Punisher99
05-03-2008, 07:17
Its about time they do something about game sharing. They have lost a lot of psn game sales.

Idenowhereiam
05-03-2008, 07:18
yeah thats what i'm thinking.. just finished playing some puzzle fighter gonna try tekken next but i'm sure you just deleted the accounts you dl the games from..

X_3LiTE-G4M3R_X
05-03-2008, 09:33
All mine still work maybe its you

Copyright
05-03-2008, 09:38
Mine work but my friends who share with me get a copyright error :lol: Ironic really.

gruddy
05-03-2008, 10:23
where are you from?
the only thing i shared was the COD maps and now i play GTA, so if theyre gone, its no big deal (plus i got them for free):)

BlazeKid
05-03-2008, 12:49
yeh i suppose its fair if this is true....people need to not be so stingy and fork out the money for the games..if we didnt pay for the games how do you think developers would afford to make new ones ?

am i right or am i right :)

EncoreEncore
05-03-2008, 13:00
Probably just deleted the account that was used to DL the game shares.....Did that myself without realizing that it would stop some games from working.

BlazeKid
05-03-2008, 13:01
yeh Encore..cud b..is there not a way u can dl them again ?

EncoreEncore
05-03-2008, 13:10
If they can remember what account the deleted and the email and password, they can get it all back by going to the PS3 and recovering it with use existing account.......assuming they have not deleted the actual game for the PS3 HD everything should be OK once they get the account back on the PS3.......I had to do the same thing and luckily i managed to remember the account i had deleted and the email and password i used for that account....and the games all worked again.

Unfortunately if they have been deleted from the PS3 itself they are gone.....it might be possible to DL them again if you contact the person who did the game sharing, and got access the game sharing account to see if they can be DL again...

EyeSight
05-03-2008, 13:17
i can see how you'd be mad, but you can't blame sony for not giving away free games right? if everyone shared their games then Sony would lose up to one sixth of their profits on PSN. i don't do it but i don't condemn because i am likely to do it in the future, but no need to say F**k Sony

ToAks
05-03-2008, 13:45
Yup check your PSN list/map packs/expansions are all gone if you shared. F*ck sony.

I share between 2 ps3's here in my house (and 2 psp's) , no problems what so ever here.

Either you did something foolish or you deleted the share contact person.

You shout F* Sony , i rather say F* noob's with no clue for spreading FUD.

If the problem you have is authentic then just log on with the accounts you used and redownload the content, its not like the whole world has gone crazy and yes you will be able to use the games again since your PS3 MAC address is in the game downloads and they can't change that.

EncoreEncore
05-03-2008, 14:24
I also cant see Sony gimping PSN games that have already been shared......i mean that's what they allowed, five people to share in one game.

BlazeKid
05-03-2008, 15:48
nice.encore nice little post a few above about how to get the downloads back i +repped u . it then said "may you be lucky enough to recieve some rep back " ;)

BonafideZulu
05-03-2008, 17:19
F*ck sony.

What the hell man? Sony is losing money... what would you do in such a situation?

DEViANCE
05-03-2008, 18:11
What the hell man? Sony is losing money... what would you do in such a situation?

Like I said I would F*ck sony lol :)

FantasyStar
05-03-2008, 18:39
Like I said I would F*ck sony lol :)

?????? Are you implying something? (sexually?)

Well regardless, I side with DEViANCE on this one. I don't recall an announcement of any type regarding the deletion of Gamesharing (at least, until today). The least Sony could've done was let everyone know in advance by about a week or so.

Sam_From_Space
05-03-2008, 18:44
?????? Are you implying something? (sexually?)

Well regardless, I side with DEViANCE on this one. I don't recall an announcement of any type regarding the deletion of Gamesharing (at least, until today). The least Sony could've done was let everyone know in advance by about a week or so.

That's 'cos it's not true! For Phil Harrisons sake, why do people always believe what someone tells them? I r beta tster 4 PS4 tho.

plustheharm
05-03-2008, 18:49
Strange my **** is still there....would be kinda a bummer, it's only two things tho - shared a ton of **** with buddies tho, so that would be some real ****. I dunno what to think about all this either, I always liked the idea....
....which is strange, cause I see it in this thread as well as another, some people seem to hate the idea of sharing the games/add-on content...I don't get why...unless no one was kind enough to share with them :-?

ToAks
05-03-2008, 18:57
Strange my **** is still there....would be kinda a bummer, it's only two things tho - shared a ton of **** with buddies tho, so that would be some real ****. I dunno what to think about all this either, I always liked the idea....
....which is strange, cause I see it in this thread as well as another, some people seem to hate the idea of sharing the games/add-on content...I don't get why...unless no one was kind enough to share with them :-?

It is not strange because its not true thats why, i rang the support center up and they knew nothing about this at all and they did the same as i did, checked it and no, nothing of the old content has been removed.

As for the other thing, ALAS the future, just click on content you got from another user , click information on it and scroll down, notice where the info about "owner" is gone, that said its only on "new'r" items and only on some items too.

There is nothing in this thread, its just one guy who deleted the owner or the owner of the actual thing removed him from the share list or whatever.

gruddy
05-03-2008, 18:59
this is made up.
several people have called customer service to find that sony knows nothing about this topic.
someone lock this thread please

plustheharm
05-03-2008, 19:09
Good ****, I knew it sounded like some bull****....what a ****ing laugh. :-?

ManaBurnX
05-03-2008, 19:38
Nothing is missing on my end either. I have all the games I purchased as well as those I shared and that were shared to me. Sony would most likely states this on the web but there is nothing so far.

DiZ
05-06-2008, 17:55
This topic = Ultimate Fail. Please change the title at least, your getting this message all over.

loverboifreak
05-06-2008, 18:13
he probably wasn't paying attention to what he was doing! ha!

Grinchy
05-06-2008, 19:40
That's weird, both people who made topics about this were never seen again in their own threads.

GigpigBoogie
05-06-2008, 22:33
because they probably felt like morons :/

Sam_From_Space
05-06-2008, 22:42
If Sony introduced this, people shouldn't whine. I mean, would you like to see the small time developers go out of business because of some tight geezers?

commander
05-09-2008, 04:35
wow now i am pissed i was one of the few people affected by this. i had to redownload the cod4 maps for some reason. funny thing is i didnt gameshare them

plustheharm
05-09-2008, 04:40
Affected by what? This isn't true...this thread should be blown up as I've seen it get bumped a couple times now...it was just bull ****...if you needed to redownload the map pack then it was a result of something else....strange how you had to ReDL n Install em tho.

Lp Chris XII
05-09-2008, 05:01
Guess this one slipped under the radar...