PDA

View Full Version : PixelJunk Monster FANS REJOICE - "August 12th 08 Thread Updated"

Savage360
07-07-2008, 04:20
Well guys I been hard at work trying to get info out of Dylan Cuthbert from Q-games. After 3 emails in 1 week I was able to get real info straight from the horses mouth! Here it goes

If you don't want to read the emails here is what it is in a nutshell

Fact #1 - Patch coming AFTER PixelJunk Eden

Fact #2 - PixelJunk Eden to include trophies off start

Fact #3 - PixelJunk Monsters patch will include trophies due to the email spam hes been getting from fans and its popularity in general

w00T!

here are the exact emails and answers!

I sent him this ..first...

Email #1

Hi there, I am fan of PixelJunk Monsters and I love that game and I was hoping that since the 2.40 firmware is live, will the game be patched to use the trophy system? I Would love it PixelJunk Monsters had trophies, please make it happen =D

Reply when you can

Sincerely
Epic Legend

Answer #1

Hello there,

We are certainly considering it but nothing has been decided yet. PixelJunk Eden will have trophies from launch tho!

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert

Q-Games Ltd.

Email #2

Hi - It's me again :)

I read somewhere that you guys are making a free patch for PixelJunk Monsters and it stated that we can send several ideas to what you want. It also said that the patch might or should come out sometime in July along with a demo of PixelJunk Eden.

Here is the link to the source news - http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/13/pixeljunk-eden-gets-demo-in-july-monsters-may-get-free-patch/

Yes I did receive your reply sir regarding that the trophies are being considered. I just want to state again that trophies is really what I think should be in the next upcoming free patch or so. A lot of people on the ps3forums such as my myself and many others who are in love with PixelJunk Monsters are really anticipating trophies. Now I am not trying to sound pushy or anything but as a fan of the game and a customer I think it will be the best thing for both the customers and the developers of this great game. I don't know guys if your making any other games after Eden but if you are I'd sure like to see PixelJunk Monsters a new expansion or a whole new sequel and this time with trophies :)

Here is the example of how the fans want trophies - http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?p=3041850&posted=1#post3041850

I'd delete my game too and I wouldn't care if they are not retroactive but as long as we them I will be one happy PixelJunkie =D

Sincerely
EpicLegend2k9

EDIT - I sent this email to contact@q-games.com and wasn't sure if you guys received so I just decided to sent to your directly since your the one who answered my question last time and also to make sure you guys did receive me email. Not meaning to spam email you or anything just wanted to send it to directly...

Answer #2

Hello there,

Yes, we are definitely considering trophies for the patch considering how popular they have proven to be!

Hopefully there is some way to patch them without having to make your current saved game obsolete.

Regards

Dylan

Email #3 the big one!

Hi

I was wondering Mr. Dylan if there is a good prediction on when you guys plan to release it? Would it be before PixelJunk Eden or after? Also when are we getting the demo of PixelJunk Eden, I heard it's gonna be around E3 so can we safely say on Thursday of the week after?

Now..pretend I was a betting man...and I was betting serious money on whether PixelJunk Monsters patch will include trophies...would it be a safe bet? What kind percent would it be if I was betting on such a deal? :) Can we safely say...75% or above 50%? If you can't say the percentage...when will you guys finally decide what the upcoming patch will include? Does not have to be an exact date but just an estimate ^_^ lol I feel like an idiot asking so many questions, it's just that I am so excited for trophies, pixeljunk eden, the patch and E3 at the same time....I just "have' to ask =D

Sincerely
EpicLegend2k9

and the Big Answer #3

Hello there,

It’s going to take a while to work out how to do the patch, and there are some other things we want to look into too, so I think it will be after the release of Eden (which of course has full trophy support).

If we release a patch it will most likely have trophies supported, considering the amount of fan mail we’ve had concerning this one feature!

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert

Q-Games Ltd.

YES TROPHIES COMING !!!

joeymp
07-07-2008, 04:36
This is a sign! We just need to flood these developers with e-mails until they give in! We need to gather at least a million here and send e-mails to the developers of the best games and convince them to patch them with trophies! WE NEED TO START AN INTERNET REVOLUTION!!!!

Vulgotha
07-07-2008, 04:37
-_-

Are you sure Mr.Dev wants you spreading what he's saying everywhere....

Savage360
07-07-2008, 04:41
-_-

Are you sure Mr.Dev wants you spreading what he's saying everywhere....

I think its ok because he tells the same thing to other fans that email him. Besides it will make them as developers look better around everyone else because they are social with the fans unlike others..

Axm
07-07-2008, 04:45
He's a nice guy. I emailed him also a few days ago and he replied similarly. He's really not trying to officially confirm anything here. But just making it known that he thinks it would be great to patch it in the near future, but not that they are 100% going to.
Just that they would like to. So im thinking they will. But im not going to hold him accountable for it not happening if it doesnt.
I think it highly likely though. Maybe 75-80% chance.

Harrow
07-07-2008, 04:50
This is good news, except the part about it coming after Pixel Junk Eden releases. Do we even know when PJE will release? Will it even be here this year? So I guess I won't be holding my breath for trophies in PJM.

I figured they would have to give trophy support to PJM since they would want to incorporated them in the next expansion and they might as well get on it sooner then later.

sorrow880
07-07-2008, 04:58
That's good news. I was really hoping PixelJunk Moster would get Trophies. Can't wait.

Serinous
07-07-2008, 05:21
I actually just got home from a friend's house, and we were playing this game. This is one of the funnest games on PSN, especially the co-op mode. It's so much fun.

Grinchy
07-07-2008, 05:35
Awesome, I shouldn't have waited so long to get this game anyway, but now I have no excuse not to buy it.

Targetboard
07-07-2008, 05:38
Great news, and good work from Savage360. The guys at Q-games have officially gotten on my good side. In a way, I'm glad that they are devoted to PSN games only, and not gunning for full games like everybody else.

GameSpawn
07-07-2008, 05:42
Well that's nice considering I'm thinking of getting PJM. I just got the demo and finished a little of it. Before I never cared for it and didn't bother looking at anything about it or what it was. Hell, why didn't ANYONE tell me it was Tower Defense!? I thought it was just some cheeseball off the wall game like Patapon. Shoot, after playing the demo, THIS can be one addicting game.

Targetboard
07-07-2008, 05:45
Well that's nice considering I'm thinking of getting PJM. I just got the demo and finished a little of it. Before I never cared for it and didn't bother looking at anything about it or what it was. Hell, why didn't ANYONE tell me it was Tower Defense!? I thought it was just some cheeseball off the wall game like Patapon. Shoot, after playing the demo, THIS can be one addicting game.
It's also a very challenging game. It may look all bright and cute, but I can't even get past the first medium stage. It's like Tower Defense from Hell!

NAJC
07-07-2008, 11:42
Great news, hopefully more developers follow the trend and start considering to patch their games with trophies. Does anyone have any idea when we should expect PixelJunk Eden? Another question, slightly off-topic, but I'm considering purchasing another PSN game, I already have Super Stardust HD, Pain and Calling All Cars, so it's either PixelJunk Monsters or PixelJunk Eden when it comes out, which one should I get?

NAJC
07-07-2008, 15:11
Hello there,

Yes, those details should all be announced during E3. Eden is really pretty damn good, even if I do say so myself, I'm looking forward to seeing how people respond to it!

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert
Q-Games Ltd

That's concerning PixelJunk Eden, so we will find out more about it at E3. Hopefully the same will be about trophies and PixelJunk Dungeons, but I'll email him about those now.

NAJC
07-07-2008, 15:37
I got a pretty standard reply when I asked him about trophies for PixelJunk Monsters and when we will see PixelJunk Dungeons. But, I did find out something a bit interesting, he supports Chelsea.

Hello there,

I'm sorry but there is no news regarding Dungeons or the Monsters trophy
patch yet. As soon as I can say something I will!

I support Chelsea of course.

Regards

Dylan

Anfield
07-07-2008, 18:36
I did find out something a bit interesting, he supports Chelsea.

Well, we all have our shortcomings.;) I'm excited about Eden and certainly about trophies for Monsters. Do we know of a release window for Eden?

shadowrep
07-07-2008, 19:16
see there is a good side to spam XD LOL

Organic_Shadow
07-09-2008, 05:38
I got a pretty standard reply when I asked him about trophies for PixelJunk Monsters and when we will see PixelJunk Dungeons. But, I did find out something a bit interesting, he supports Chelsea.

Color me naive on this apparent internet meme.

Chelsea? Huh?

NAJC
07-09-2008, 08:35
Color me naive on this apparent internet meme.

Chelsea? Huh?

Yes, that's what he told me when I asked him. That also prooves that we're not just getting some sort of automated response when we email him, as otherwise he wouldn't have put that bit in when I asked him.

se7enthsign
07-09-2008, 17:04
Very good news indeed. Hey Savage, do you think you could send David Jaffe a few emails and see if Calling All Cars will get a patch too?

NAJC
07-09-2008, 17:42
Very good news indeed. Hey Savage, do you think you could send David Jaffe a few emails and see if Calling All Cars will get a patch too?

I was just thinking about that: Calling All Cars getting trophy support. It would encourage more people to buy the game and play it, so it would only help the developer if they decided to add trophies.

Seahawkk
07-10-2008, 21:00
sweet ill dl this game just for trophies :>

DarkVincent07
07-11-2008, 07:14
Totally awesome!

I cant get enough of this game, nowdays i play it more than my retail games! hah.
Looks like sometime soon ill be playing it allottt moreee

Copyright
07-12-2008, 16:20
He He He, do this in the other thread! We can make this happen!

Topov81
07-14-2008, 09:26
The opening post is slightly misleading. Fact 3 isn't really a fact is it ?... He said "If we release a patch it will most likely have trophies supported".

The key words being IF and MOST LIKELY. Sure it's a great sign but he's committed to nothing and they may still not bother at all.

It would be great though.

bobtheduck
07-14-2008, 09:29
Wooh, the power of fans! Now time to spam kojima team... Screw MGS5, we want MGS4 trophies!

bloodwarg
07-14-2008, 09:35
savage you may want to change your coming soon btw as there all in past and none were very good :)

Phantasmn
07-14-2008, 09:43
Wooh, the power of fans! Now time to spam kojima team... Screw MGS5, we want MGS4 trophies!

Great idea. So, who has an e-mail we can use :twisted:.

I kid, I kid, but I know some people might :p.

Grinchy
07-19-2008, 08:16
When you play, it gives you the option to "play online" to compare your rank by score.

I wonder if that network file also includes whether you got a rainbow on the levels or not, and if it does record that, then it seems like the game could have retroactive trophies. I mean an obvious trophy would be getting rainbow in all levels. Would be a shame to have to do it again.

FantasyStar
07-19-2008, 08:20
no custom in-game music? :(

dannycorkers
07-19-2008, 11:47
I would be excited about this - if i didn't find PJM so imposiible!!!! I've got one rainbow - one!! I always end up with one litttle guy dead and it's always the spiders.....I hate them so much......:(

Tyrien
07-19-2008, 13:38
How about Online co-op for Pixel Junk Monsters? It's rare I have a chance to sit down with one of my friends to play the game on co-op, let alone play it at all. They talked about online co-op with Eden and gave a good reason, that due to the nature of the gameplay it would be difficult to play if you had any lag at all. I fail to see where this becomes a problem with PJM though.

M._Bison
07-19-2008, 13:42
I want pixeljunk Dungeon.

Cruel_Assassin
07-19-2008, 14:31
I would be excited about this - if i didn't find PJM so imposiible!!!! I've got one rainbow - one!! I always end up with one litttle guy dead and it's always the spiders.....I hate them so much......:(

I hate the spiders. They are so bloddy fast and there's lots of them too.:(

lupin23rd
07-20-2008, 22:54
Eden is out in the next couple of weeks, so if there is news on a trophy patch after that it won't be too far off (hopefully!)

Definitely hoping it will be retroactive heh

Holz55
07-21-2008, 19:02
I hate the spiders. They are so bloddy fast and there's lots of them too.:(

with the spiders in the earlier levels, it's a good idea to have arrow towers spread out throughout the map. (along their path at least) Arrows destroy spiders.

dannycorkers
07-21-2008, 20:13
with the spiders in the earlier levels, it's a good idea to have arrow towers spread out throughout the map. (along their path at least) Arrows destroy spiders.

I know lol but I always get distracted by stone monsters etc and build loads of cannons and anti-air and then i see spiders approaching and realise that I've already spent all of my money :( Sneaky little gits.......

Fygar
07-21-2008, 21:36
If we release a patch it will most likely have trophies supported, considering the amount of fan mail we’ve had concerning this one feature!

Does not sounds like a 100% confirmation to me...

If its not been started yet, then you won't see it for a month or so, as has to ber validated by Sony. Perhaps Europe might see it in 2012...

bfd_josh
07-23-2008, 19:52
just got this game, i dno weather to play it or not thor until there is confirmation on the trophies as its quite hard

rycexboi
07-30-2008, 14:42
so would it be retrospective?, Im currently playing it and almost finish..I don't really feel like going through it again..

SamuraiClarke
07-30-2008, 14:46
Great news, Trophy Support might convince me to give this game another go at. I wonder how much sales they will get when they release the patch with Trophy Support. Super Stardust HD sold a LOT when it got patched for Trophy Support.

bloodwarg
07-30-2008, 17:18
your just crap then and id use arrows to get rid of spiders just build aload of arrow or fire things

bloodwarg
07-30-2008, 17:21
and i was gonna get eden but the demos put me off and the trophys u can get are really quite feeble and pathetic. all are bronze apart from 1 silver. no gold

Alfrayer
07-30-2008, 17:30
and i was gonna get eden but the demos put me off and the trophys u can get are really quite feeble and pathetic. all are bronze apart from 1 silver. no gold

yes but added them all up, 100% of the trophies have exactly the same amount of exp as any other PSN game will have (without expansion packs).

Also i only just got this game (through game sharing) as i didn't wanna buy it just for trophies then have it turn out bad. Luckily its ok but nothing i can sink my teeth into, i'll play it just for trophies i guess.

Rav3nas
07-31-2008, 02:52
NICE Savage, very good news!!!!!!! I love Pixel Junk monsters you know that.

dnut24
07-31-2008, 16:25
ok, so since Eden is out today, does this means Monster gets the patch for trophies today?

Shadownet46
07-31-2008, 16:30
no, they have not "officially" confirmed trophies i believe (not to say they AREN'T coming, just that we will hear an announcement before they release it)

dnut24
07-31-2008, 18:01
no, they have not "officially" confirmed trophies i believe (not to say they AREN'T coming, just that we will hear an announcement before they release it)

really? Savage states in thread that its a "fact" that it comes out after Eden.

Shadownet46
07-31-2008, 18:05
I hadn't read it..... if so, I REALLY doubt it comes out today anyway....

Savage360
08-12-2008, 17:34
I sent him an email again last night (since now Eden is out I decided to say this)

Originally Email

"Well PixelJunk Eden is now out along with the demo and the full game and is going full force. Since this is out of the way....I would like to know if there are any updates regarding the PixelJunk Monster patch...and what is happening with the whole trophy support? I am very curios and still have a hope it will happen!"

Answer

"Hi there,

All I can say is “watch this space” – there should be some news very soon now!

Regards

Dylan"

Can we say "CONFIRMED"?

Stoffinator
08-12-2008, 17:58
I hope its gets trophies as well as that easy mode. I want to play the game so bad but its an *** kicker.

mixpix72
08-12-2008, 17:58
i dont know if we can say confirmed because they havent but this is very promising maybe they will bring them out when they bring out the patch to choose different difficulties.

Phaded
08-12-2008, 18:06
Confirmed, were is this confirmed?. Is the patch today?.

berts08
08-12-2008, 18:10
I would like to know are we getting this today??

Stoffinator
08-12-2008, 18:21
I would like to know are we getting this today??

Being they haven't announced it yet, my guess would be no. ;-]

Savage360
08-12-2008, 18:25
Going to repost the update over here and read it carefully lol

I sent him an email again last night (since now Eden is out I decided to say this)

Original Email

"Well PixelJunk Eden is now out along with the demo and the full game and is going full force. Since this is out of the way....I would like to know if there are any updates regarding the PixelJunk Monster patch...and what is happening with the whole trophy support? I am very curios and still have a hope it will happen!"

Answer

"Hi there,

All I can say is “watch this space” – there should be some news very soon now!

Regards

Dylan"

Can we say "CONFIRMED"?

Grinchy
08-12-2008, 18:29
I bet it's going to be included in the patch with the difficulty slider. I hope it happens, because I love Monsters. I still haven't beat the whole thing yet, been trying to rainbow everything, but I'm right at the volcano!

dnut24
08-12-2008, 20:35
so has anyone fired it up to check yet? and what exactly is "this space"

Stoffinator
08-12-2008, 20:39

I believe its their blog some where. And this won't be out yet being they just did Eden. Probably finishing this up.

Lamplitersniper
08-12-2008, 21:12
Where did todays date for this come from?

Last I talked to Dylan he said he couldnt release the release date yet...so I dont know how it would be TODAY if he couldnt even talk about when it would be out just a few days ago.

REFLEX
08-12-2008, 22:58
Looking forward to this, I really like the game, but I was never that good at this particular type. I have most of it done, but Im so busy playing other games that I never got too great at this one. I want that difficulty slider and Trophies. Gimme!

Alfrayer
08-12-2008, 23:26

"Watch This Space" is an expression which has popular useage on any form on news media... It basically means, you will see the important news there but you gotta wait for it... But not long, which is why you gotta "watch".
I guess as he is saying it, he means... he will be the one confirming trophies ;)

Scorched
08-13-2008, 00:11
The thread title is a bit misleading... it means this thread was updated today, not the game.

Maaz
08-13-2008, 07:15
i think you should change the title, makes it seem trophies came out today for the game.

Savage360
08-13-2008, 07:18
I changed it...sorry about that lol =(

dnut24
08-13-2008, 13:08
k, thanks alfyer for the clarification

muyy
08-14-2008, 05:57
anything been updated about this? any space been filled?

Savage360
08-17-2008, 08:31
anything been updated about this? any space been filled?

They have announced expansions for both Pixeljunk Monsters and PixelJunk Eden that will contain Easy Mode and some other things we don't know off yet...perhaps trophy support for Monsters will be one of them

dharding
08-19-2008, 16:39
easy mode is deffo a necessity on eden, i need one spectra on 7&8 and havent even started 9&10, but its soul destroying playing for an hour to get that 5th spectra then failing when your so close. i cant wait for the updates, any idea when they will put us out of our misery

dharding
08-27-2008, 14:50
its all gone abit quiet after last weeks excitement! no new news then?

v-digit
08-27-2008, 15:00
yea! whats up?
was really hoping to have another game to get trophies in besides uncharted...
burnout is taking its sweet time too...

no1kevlin
08-27-2008, 20:30
Does anyone know if the trophies will be retrospective or will we have to play through the whole game again? (no hardship as it is a fantastic game! Go buy it if you don't have it!)

dishes
08-30-2008, 06:06
When are we getting these trophies? I just went back and was playing this game again...very fun

v-digit
09-02-2008, 14:23
at this rate we'll never get trophies for monsters... we might as well just give up! ;)

dharding
09-02-2008, 22:43
at this rate we'll never get trophies for monsters... we might as well just give up! ;)

they sure are taking their sweet time about it, i went ahead and bought the game in advance because i haddnt played it, was gunna wait till it had trophies, they had better hurry

bfd_josh
09-02-2008, 22:58
any news on this yet? i hope they come soon as its hard holding off playing

v-digit
09-08-2008, 03:43
what a pile of potatoes!! these people are a bunch of gosh darn hippies

bfd_josh
09-08-2008, 11:04
leave q games alone dude :)

v-digit
09-11-2008, 13:22
so...
where are the trophies?
i mean, i'm not sure, but is it really that impossibly hard to patch a game? does it really take months?

efs5030
09-11-2008, 13:30
so...
where are the trophies?
i mean, i'm not sure, but is it really that impossibly hard to patch a game? does it really take months?

have you ever patched a game???.....i didn't think so ..... plus they said they are trying to deliver a patch that won't require you to reeat the game that will allow you to unlock trophies from your save file

bfd_josh
09-11-2008, 15:28
so trophies will be retroactive? nice if so as ive got about 4 rainbows which took me forever haha, but ye they can take all the time in the world, i ve got too many games to be playing

Sylar
09-11-2008, 15:33
I think that would be sweet if they were able to create the patch so you don't have to start your game again. I don't have Pixeljunk Monsters but I can imagine it being a right pain in the toenail having to do it all again. But yeah I hope this patch comes out soon for all the Monster's players, since Eden has trophies its only fair ;)

berts08
09-11-2008, 16:09
Some are hard to get rainbows but when trophies come out I will be deleted my game save and starting again because this games is class

v-digit
09-11-2008, 16:56
have you ever patched a game???.....i didn't think so ..... plus they said they are trying to deliver a patch that won't require you to reeat the game that will allow you to unlock trophies from your save file
i've actually patched 100s of games. all sorts of games.
like at least 5000 ps3 games and 2111 nintendo ones.

where is the patch!!!

RapidSpark
09-14-2008, 23:53
I too am waiting for the pixeljunk monsters patch. I seriously enjoyed this demo and played it way to many times. I wish I could get this game but no credit card and NO PSN CARDS out yet :(

When you guys get the trophy patch, please let me know what the requirements are. This game is awesome. :DD

bfd_josh
09-17-2008, 21:28
im watching this space but nothings happening, eden has been out a while now, maybe another email savage?

daevv
09-17-2008, 21:41
im watching this space but nothings happening, eden has been out a while now, maybe another email savage?

HAHA

Every time I see this thread bumped I think "This is it..trophy update!" but i'm always disappointed. I would like the difficulty adjustment patch more as I like the game but man is it hard...

VainZiler
09-19-2008, 02:41
I don't really care about the difficulty setting, I just want my trophies. The challenge is great enough, why tone it down?

Any updates on the trophy status; I haven't heard anything lately?

laminatedpipe
09-19-2008, 04:14
Yay! I LOVE this game, it is so fun to play with my roommates.

dharding
09-22-2008, 15:42
sorry to anyone that has gotten excited seeing this thread bump up to the top,i have no news, but was thinking from looking a games like sshd and pain, that what the devs seem to be doing to get something out of pre-trophy games, is create some additional content and make sure that some of the trophies require that content, that way they make a little money out of it aswell. so maybe this is taking a while because they are making new content for the game.

michaelangelo
09-22-2008, 20:55
I sure hope bc I love that game and trophy support will get that back into full swing!

ryan-the-r3tard
09-22-2008, 20:58
I hope too. I'm not very good at it but I like it

dishes
09-23-2008, 04:39
They have been way too quiet about this patch for trophies. I am beginning to doubt it is ever coming.

berts08
09-23-2008, 09:26
Whats the email address for them??? We should all send them emails asking about it, and show we are still very much interested in this.

v-digit
09-23-2008, 13:47
They have been way too quiet about this patch for trophies. I am beginning to doubt it is ever coming.
yea
its been quite a while. i mean, i know it could take time to make a darn patch, but geez louise!!!!!

VainZiler
09-24-2008, 00:30
Whats the email address for them??? We should all send them emails asking about it, and show we are still very much interested in this.

The reason this could be is in their research to make trophies retroactive. You have to think; depending what kinds of trophies they make, they have to try and find a way to make it retrospective; and only when they find the answer will determine what happens.

Because if the trophies can't be retroactive, no matter what they try, then they can just release notice. Either way, you have to realize what they are working with. Just have some patience.

misterp
10-06-2008, 13:24
I emailed q-games and received a reply from Dylan on September 26. I asked about the PJ monsters trophy parch and he said that they are definitely working on it and that more info will be out in the coming weeks. I have faith that we'll see the patch some time this month.

v-digit
10-06-2008, 15:21
i was actually thinking about this last night. i wouldnt mind going through the game again just for the trophies.

berts08
10-06-2008, 15:48
Good news :) I hope it comes real soon as pixeljunk monster fecking rules

no1kevlin
10-07-2008, 00:38
I'd hardly played the second island when I heard news of the patch so I stopped playing so I wouldn't have to play it all again. Is this patch ever coming? Come on already and release it, forget about it being retroactive.

Axm
10-07-2008, 04:49
I sent Dylan Cuthbert another email

Hey D,
>
> Any word on PJ Monsters trophy support? It's me and my fiancee's favorite PSN game.
> Would love some trophies for it.
> I herd about the easier mode you are adding in a patch also. Will trophies come with
> that aswell?
> IMO. I really dont care about them being retro-active if its too hard to do. Id rather
> get them sooner then later.
>
> Thanks man,
>
> -Alex & Yuko

Hi there,

There should be an announcement soon, fingers crossed. It's all wrapped up on our end and we are just waiting for a release date to be confirmed.

Regards

Dylan

SO THERE IT IS!!!
It's already done and they are just waiting for Sony to announce and release it!
FANTASTIC!

SecretSquirrel
10-07-2008, 05:04
I sent Dylan Cuthbert another email

SO THERE IT IS!!!
It's already done and they are just waiting for Sony to announce and release it!
FANTASTIC!

CAN WE SLOW DOWN THE THE TROPHIES?!?!

Haha, just kidding. Keep them coming. Another game to revisit just in time for all the big hitters!

Stoffinator
10-07-2008, 05:43
Good to know it won't be ages for this game. This Holiday season is going to be insane for trophies. Not to mention games. :-p

kidd0218
10-07-2008, 08:09
Whoa, good to know that progress is being done with this "rumour" Im still calling it a rumour since no official news has been made yet. lols Looking forward to this update!

Stoffinator
10-07-2008, 08:26
Whoa, good to know that progress is being done with this "rumour" Im still calling it a rumour since no official news has been made yet. lols Looking forward to this update!

Being a developer of the game said it was coming, I would say its more then a rumour. ;-]

no1kevlin
10-07-2008, 10:51
Way to go Axm. I hope the patch comes soon as I'm missing my PJ:monsters game!

VainZiler
10-07-2008, 12:40
I checked the site this morning and saw that comment; I am officially in a good mood. Let's hope the official date is soon.

tjbo1m
10-07-2008, 12:43
I hope it's retroactive cause I have a rainbow on every level and am not about to do that again.

no1kevlin
10-07-2008, 13:11
I hope it's retroactive cause I have a rainbow on every level and am not about to do that again.

I don't think that retroactive trophies are posssible as not one developer has been able to implement them so far so I don't see PJ being the first to do so. That's the reason I stopped playing after a few levels on the second island as I don't mind playing through the first island again but I don't want to have to do it all again on two islands.

btw: Is anyone else thinking that they are going to release the patch alongside a new third island? I hope they do!

berts08
10-07-2008, 15:55
I don't think that retroactive trophies are posssible as not one developer has been able to implement them so far so I don't see PJ being the first to do so. That's the reason I stopped playing after a few levels on the second island as I don't mind playing through the first island again but I don't want to have to do it all again on two islands.

btw: Is anyone else thinking that they are going to release the patch alongside a new third island? I hope they do!

That would be so cool and we are due a new island :)

VainZiler
10-07-2008, 22:59
Am I the only one thinking we're going to get a platinum trophy or two from this game? (One platinum per island)

Jakibikajasy
10-07-2008, 23:03
Am I the only one thinking we're going to get a platinum trophy or two from this game? (One platinum per island)

PixelJunk Eden, Super Stardust HD, and Pain don't have platinums so I'm sure we're going to get a total of zero platinum trophies.

bfd_josh
10-07-2008, 23:05
great news that there actually coming soon, ive held off playing it for sooo long now :(

VainZiler
10-07-2008, 23:10
Though I agree with your point on Eden, I honestly don't think the team that worked on the trophies for SSHD had a real clue what they were doing. I mean come on now, doing co-op charge for 3 minuets...

Shadownet46
10-08-2008, 00:01
^^doesn't know how trophies work. <br />
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=150920 <br />
Knowledge is power!

VainZiler
10-08-2008, 01:26
I understand the mathematical reason behind it, but not the actual challenge portion of it. It doesn't make sense in the slightest for a gold trophy to be so damn easy to get as apposed to two silvers.

Grinchy
10-08-2008, 01:59
I don't think that retroactive trophies are posssible as not one developer has been able to implement them so far so I don't see PJ being the first to do so.
Well Warhawk did have retroactive trophies. They were able to pull it off because your account is linked to your PSN ID, so if you achieved certain ranks then that's not something that could be replicated with a copied save file.

PJM does have the online leaderboards, and I wonder if they can tell based on scores whether or not people got rainbows, or fulfilled other requirements for whatever trophies they are coming up with for the game. I really hope that "Get all rainbows" isn't a Gold trophy that isn't retroactive. That's just not going to happen again.

Shadownet46
10-08-2008, 02:07
I understand the mathematical reason behind it, but not the actual challenge portion of it. It doesn't make sense in the slightest for a gold trophy to be so damn easy to get as apposed to two silvers.

^^still doesn't understand.

If those two silver ones were gold, they would have to take out 8 points worth of trophies. The game would only have less than half as many trophies than it does.

The co-op trophy is gold because they wanted to throw in another gold, but could only "afford" that one trophy for the co-op add-on.

VainZiler
10-08-2008, 02:21
No, you're not understanding me...

I'd rather have less trophies if it means that the challenge and trophy type are actually fighting. If they actually did something more worth while, like maybe play through all 5 planets in co-op mode straight, then I'd have no complaints. But simply sitting like ducks for three minuets, a gold trophy does not make.

Shadownet46
10-08-2008, 02:43
So you would rather have less trophies as opposed to more trophies.

gg

michaelangelo
10-08-2008, 13:37
the multi player add on = $
you seeing a gold trophy you want =$
The add on featuing the bomb addon and nuke add on = silver bc theres 2
Its all about $ and you buying the addon

Shadownet46
10-08-2008, 20:07
the multi player add on = $
you seeing a gold trophy you want =$
The add on featuing the bomb addon and nuke add on = silver bc theres 2
Its all about $ and you buying the addon

No.
Just no.

bfd_josh
10-08-2008, 20:10
stop talking about nonsense, i keep thinking theres a patch live :(:(

VainZiler
10-10-2008, 22:29
So you would rather have less trophies as opposed to more trophies.

gg

If that means having actually meaningful trophies then yes, I would. I want to have a game whose trophies make sense to the challenge they're offering, so if that means having less trophies then so be it. Besides, if they all have an actual point value to them anyways, why cry over less trophies if in the end they equal to the same amount of points?

Shadownet46
10-11-2008, 00:51
I rather have a lot of fun trophies than a few "hard" ones....