PDA

View Full Version : New Social Group : Girl Gamers INC

_Lara_
07-10-2008, 00:56
If there are any other girls out there id like you to join our group.

Its our nice quiet place away from the main forums =]

Nice and friendly chat were we can discuss fave games etc

Its Under the Networking Options on your User CP

XoXo =]

Sockpuppet
07-10-2008, 01:27
No offense but I've never understood this need to segregate male and female gamers. Ok there are a few *********s out there but really, we (guys) have to deal with afforementioned *********s as well.

I have quite a few female gamers on my friends list on XBL, a surprising amount actually and when I working in a games retail store I noticed that there are probably more female gamers than one might have expected so the whole 'I'm a girl gamer' thing isn't as niche as it was in the past.

So yeh I dunno what the go is with needing to segregate the sexes. I find it some what offensive (read: sexist) clans like PMS and Fragdolls are almost celebrity like on XBL just because they are female. It's not a personal thing but I don't understand the rationale behind it.

IWAO
07-10-2008, 01:32
I don't know, if this is a good idea. But I don't care about my Social groups members sex, and like 2 out of 79 I've in my group now is females, and I don't care about those little things. Anyway you decide what to do Lara ;)

Black
07-10-2008, 01:42
I don't even care about social groups anymore. The only one that I participate in nowadays is BJ's Bar and Grill. This social group, I don't see it going very far. But then again, it's not going to harm the forums. Take notes, people. We're supposed to unite both male and female, not divide them. :wink:

Carl
07-10-2008, 01:46
She can have a social group for girl gamers if she wants to. Wont be many members, mind!

Vulgotha
07-10-2008, 01:47
It's entirely within her right.. So us males should buzz off this thread.

se7enthsign
07-10-2008, 04:05
All these guys? In a girls thread? What have we become?!

Anyway I think theres like 4 girl gamers on the forum.

Whats Uncool these days? Never did figure it out.

Uncool was a guy and his girlfriend I believe. I haven't seen them lately. I don't know if they post here anymore.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with having a group specifically for girl gamers. I think it's a good thing and I support all female gamers, groups and clans except the frag dolls.

Black
07-10-2008, 04:16
I have nothing against it as well. I think it's a great idea. But it's going to be a small minority. The truth is that you don't see a lot of female gamers on an internet forum. And when you do, it's like a red rose blossoming in a stagnant marsh. No offense to us males, of course. :/

se7enthsign
07-10-2008, 04:25
lol, i guess the fastest way to get a bunch of guys posting on your thread is to let everyone know you are a girl

Shadowfyre
07-10-2008, 04:33
Even if all girl gamers here joined, all there would be is the original poster, GirlGamer, and Carocat. Not to mention it's pointless. (I agree with sockpuppet.)

UberNerD20
07-10-2008, 04:38
there is like 3 or 4 more SF

carocat
07-10-2008, 06:00
I completely agree with Sockpuppet on this, even though I'm a girl gamer myself whatever that means..

AJe
07-10-2008, 21:18
All the off topic posts have been removed, keep this on topic.

A7MAD
07-10-2008, 22:26
I personally do not have any issues with anybody wanting to start their own group or whatever because in essence no one is insulting another and no harm is done upon creating a girl gamers group.

My reason for posting was more a question and I've always wondered; me being a multi-consoler most of my gaming life seeing fanboys and zealots on PSN and Live this gen (who seriously get on my nerves) I wonder does it get like that with the female gamers or is this something do to with being a guy? :lol:

I'm being serious btw...

Black
07-10-2008, 22:38
My reason for posting was more a question and I've always wondered; me being a multi-consoler most of my gaming life seeing fanboys and zealots on PSN and Live this gen (who seriously get on my nerves) I wonder does it get like that with the female gamers or is this something do to with being a guy? :lol:

I'm being serious btw...
I'm sure female gamers are more nice, mature and level-headed when it comes to online gaming. They'd probably be smart enough to take note that screaming at the top of your lungs through your mic won't solve a thing. Even though they're a minority, they sure stand out.

Thorzilla
07-10-2008, 22:47
Let them have their damned group guys! Why do you even care? It's good for them to have their group, so they can talk about girl stuff that they would never say in a guys group.

jennybaybee
01-01-2011, 07:33
so tierd of this sex discrimination! ughh! i have an all girl clan on PSN and Xbox if anyone wants to join. ( totally contradicting! but oh well, cant beat em, join em) try outs are necassary so please ask me if you wanna join

Vulgotha
01-01-2011, 08:02
Hell of a necro bump. You came here with a pretty big chip on your shoulder it seems.

Lebowski
01-01-2011, 08:08
, I can be a stereotype too

33x
01-01-2011, 12:49
please see the rules regarding necrobumping threads