PDA

View Full Version : Gears Of War 2 Campaign Video Walkthrough...

THUGGEDOUT
07-24-2008, 06:27
Don't know how to embed videos off of IGN, so if someone can let me know that would be appreciated. Any way this is a video walkthrough with Cliffy B. discussing and describing storylines and gameplay from the E3 demo...

VIDEO 1 (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14232680/gears-of-war-2/videos/gearsofwar2_hd_1.html)

VIDEO 2 (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14232680/gears-of-war-2/videos/gearsofwar2_hd_2.html)

maltrophstitan
07-24-2008, 06:33
anyone who says this looks like gears 1 needs to gtfo
seriously that looks way better

A7MAD
07-24-2008, 07:05
Gears 2 is a graphical experience in itself imo, those saying it looks like the first are heavily pro "the other console" in most cases and we've seen that time and time again.

I'd say those stating this are as ignorant as those stating RFOM and R2 look the same.

DayWalker
07-24-2008, 07:26
can't hear the audio-

looks good but the AI needs some tweaking...

Sockpuppet
07-24-2008, 08:13
It's also on the XBL Marketplace isn't it?

THUGGEDOUT
07-24-2008, 08:28
It's also on the XBL Marketplace isn't it?

I know the video of the demo is, but I am not sure if the the video of the demo with Cliffy B. explaining the storyline and various other topics about the game is on there...

zero1661
07-24-2008, 08:51
All they have on the marketplace is the demo from the conference, but yeah the game looks incredible and is definately more than I expected from it graphically, on top of that they have made tons of new gameplay tweaks which were desperately needed.

garyfitz
07-24-2008, 10:58
The framerate looked really bad at the MS's press conference, it was terribly jerky. It look's absolutely fine there though.

looks good but the AI needs some tweaking...
It's probably because it's on casual difficulty.

dino26
07-24-2008, 11:08
This game is gonna be so sick

THUGGEDOUT
07-24-2008, 18:03
I love the portable cover system with the shield, the ability to carry it and then slam it into the ground and use it as cover is a nice touch...

X2
07-24-2008, 19:27
I love the portable cover system with the shield, the ability to carry it and then slam it into the ground and use it as cover is a nice touch...

Not only that, it has a finishing move as well. You can slam it into somebody head.:shock:

DayWalker
07-24-2008, 19:48
It's probably because it's on casual difficulty.

Yeah I suspected as much... hence the no audio disclaimer in case in was mentioned.

definitely gonna be a blockbuster this winter.

Beemer
07-24-2008, 19:59
Looks amazing. I have a feeling the hostage feature could save me on more than a few occasions. That locust priest took a ton of damage. Cliff never actually downed him either, DOM had to bust out the chainsaw to take care of him.

Riding the Brumak though.....sweet.

nskinnear
07-24-2008, 20:00
I'm buying a 360 just for this game. It looks amazing.

Soldier 95B
07-24-2008, 20:25
I wish I had enough body armor to make it through the entire game without ever dying :-).

I think there should be an achievement for the most respawns required to finish a game, EVER. I think I would get it.

mistercrow
07-24-2008, 21:45
This game looks amazing. A major upgrade from the first one and thats saying alot. I can hardly wait to get this game.

TidalPhoenix
07-24-2008, 21:58
It's just absolutely stunning. I don't say that often this gen as I'm usually left a tad underwhelmed (graphically - game play been's fine) but there have been a few titles that have blown my mind visually - this looks like it's heading to that short list!

Beemer
07-24-2008, 22:06
I wish I had enough body armor to make it through the entire game without ever dying :-).

I think there should be an achievement for the most respawns required to finish a game, EVER. I think I would get it.

Can't remember which, but one of the XBLA games has an achievement for dying 10,000 times (might be 1,000 not sure). FYI, the achievement is worth 0 points.:(

Pezzer
07-24-2008, 23:07
OMFG Gears 2 looks amazing, cant wait for it.

Soldier 95B
07-24-2008, 23:18
Can't remember which, but one of the XBLA games has an achievement for dying 10,000 times (might be 1,000 not sure). FYI, the achievement is worth 0 points.:(

Guaranteed, I would get that achievement before anyone. :neutral:

Chemo
07-24-2008, 23:23
looks slightly better than Gears 1 and that is mostly because of the lightning. you guys are easily impressed...

Silver&black_Attack
07-24-2008, 23:38
looks slightly better than Gears 1 and that is mostly because of the lightning. you guys are easily impressed...From what i watched it looked much better than the first one, amazing graphics and amazing gameplay.

X2
07-25-2008, 01:58
From what i watched it looked much better than the first one, amazing graphics and amazing gameplay.

but anyway the game looks amazing.

~Do not insult other members

SymphonyX
07-25-2008, 02:11
So are the graphics for Gears of War 2 better than Killzone 2?

exYle
07-25-2008, 02:39

No... despite being the best looking UE3 game ever, it isn't advanced enough to actually be better than Killzone.

skarekrow
07-25-2008, 02:41
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!
Seriously, lets not start any pissing contests here.

Edit: I do not like the blood, its way too red and it doesnt look as "animated" as it was in the first one.

skulpt
07-25-2008, 02:49
It's looking awesome. The action is just totally intense! You can't blink in this one.

skarekrow
07-25-2008, 02:54
I dig the background animations that theyve added in and the ability to drive the Brumack... its ****ing on. :D

maltrophstitan
07-25-2008, 05:27

we get to play Gears of War and its sequel in the same time to produce whats arguably a better looking game in killzone.
I guess the trade off is there.
gears is also an actual proven game in terms of gameplay... but not to get to much into that boiling pot of water and start the war of words.

i still hate gears online mode, not fast paced enough, i dont like round by round gameplay but i see the draw for most people.
halo, graw, battlefield:mc, cod, have been my style gears seems to sticky or something not enough verity, or something i cant put my finger on.

with that said im still there day one because i love the single player co-op experience. i must of played gears 1 through over 5 times.

SymphonyX
07-25-2008, 06:01
I wish I never sold my Xbox 360 but the 3 RRod got to me. Now I have no Next Gen Consoles and its hard to choose which one to buy in the future now. :(

Stripes
07-25-2008, 07:35

I think it depends on what you're visually attracted to. I love the art style of Gears. I think that textures are everything (lighting is a close second) and Gears definitely delivers on those. In my opinion Killzone looks like COD4 with better lighting. A lot of the textures still seem muddy to me and all of the video and screenshots are nothing but motion blur to try and hide it.

A7MAD
07-25-2008, 07:39

I normally upscale every game on my new Samsung Series 6 to 1080p on my X360's so I'm going to wait and only give my take after KZ2 release. This HDTV makes DOA4 look good (no crap). Later I may get it ISF calibrated (the way it's meant to be played ;)) but right now I'm hoping KZ2 will allow 1080p scaling internally.

I'll make judgment only when I have both on the same HDTV before me.

TidalPhoenix
07-25-2008, 08:50
I think it depends on what you're visually attracted to. I love the art style of Gears. I think that textures are everything (lighting is a close second) and Gears definitely delivers on those. In my opinion Killzone looks like COD4 with better lighting. A lot of the textures still seem muddy to me and all of the video and screenshots are nothing but motion blur to try and hide it.

Given we've only seen videos of both and that they are both at different stages of development, it's probably not fair to draw comparisons. However, what I will say is this (all my humble opinion of course):

Resolution - Seems about even, perhaps a tad in GeoW's favour if you keep replaying the video.

Lighting - Killzone 2 (some of the best lighting I've witnessed this gen)

Textures - Gears of War 2 (it's a close one but those textures in GeoW 2 are just incredible).

Animation - Killzone 2 takes this one comfortably. Go watch the death animations. Just amazing.

So all in all I would say they both bring about one helluva gaming experience. Damn glad I'll pick up both :D

mistercrow
07-25-2008, 09:00
Given we've only seen videos of both and that they are both at different stages of development, it's probably not fair to draw comparisons. However, what I will say is this (all my humble opinion of course):

Resolution - Seems about even, perhaps a tad in GeoW's favour if you keep replaying the video.

Textures - Gears of War 2 (it's a close one but those textures in GeoW 2 are just incredible).

Animation - Killzone 2 takes this one comfortably. Go watch the death animations. Just amazing.

So all in all I would say they both bring about one helluva gaming experience. Damn glad I'll pick up both :D

I agree with your entire opinion and I will also be picking up both. Those two games will rock the house.

A7MAD
07-25-2008, 09:36
KZ2 and Gears of War 2 are a matched made in my wet dreams.

garyfitz
07-25-2008, 10:17
What impresses me about the graphics, is how large scaled the enviroments are. I mean at the start when Dom and Marcus are at the fallen crane and looking out across the city, there's no clever level design to hide the background's or anything. It was the same in the first campaign video we got. You can see out into the distance for miles, and it looks awesome.

mistercrow
07-25-2008, 10:50
What impresses me about the graphics, is how large scaled the enviroments are. I mean at the start when Dom and Marcus are at the fallen crane and looking out across the city, there's no clever level design to hide the background's or anything. It was the same in the first campaign video we got. You can see out into the distance for miles, and it looks awesome.

I noticed that too. Impressive draw distance. Epic has really taken this game to the next level in both graphics and gameplay. The textures are extra impressive as well as the lighting.

Soldier 95B
07-25-2008, 13:03

I would say yes, they are. I am pumped for both games though.

Killller
07-25-2008, 13:06
Watched the video yesterday, the framerate looked a LOT smoother than gears 1.

zero1661
07-25-2008, 13:46

I dont think the lighting in KZ2 is impressive at all, I know im in the minority on this site but it looks extremely standard to me, and the textures arent close at all, 90 percent of the textures in killzone are atrocious, I do think they are even though, I just dont agree with those points.

TidalPhoenix
07-25-2008, 13:52
I dont think the lighting in KZ2 is impressive at all, I know im in the minority on this site but it looks extremely standard to me, and the textures arent close at all, 90 percent of the textures in killzone are atrocious, I do think they are even though, I just dont agree with those points.The lighting I saw in the Kz2 video I watched yesterday was excellent imo. When I'm watching one of these videos and something I'm not even specifically looking for jumps out at me then I know in my own mind that the game has excelled on that point. By the time the guy had reached the stairs I was thinking to myself how cool the lighting looked.

We're each different though and I respect your own view on it.

mistercrow
07-25-2008, 14:40

I would say yes. But both are awesome looking games that I will be buying on day one.

Boogie Woogie
07-25-2008, 14:52
While i've already played Gears 1 all i can say is that i'm much more pumped to play Killzone 2. The reason being that it looks to be the pinnacle of the FPS genre and the best of what the PS3 has to offer. I like Gears and i enjoyed Gears 1 but i want to experience something different which is why i'll have my PS3 by Xmas.

Chemo
07-25-2008, 15:26

i can't fanthom where you guys are seeing large scale. all i'm seeing is pretty backdrop and scenery is essentially the same formula Naughty Dog used with Uncharted. Players will have no way of accessing those areas unless there is a path designed to get us there.

I still haven't seen a console game that belongs with KZ2 in graphical prowess that **** looks silly.

bluvi69
07-25-2008, 16:45
to thread starter, there is high def version of same area as ign from gamevideos:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/19917
http://download.gamevideos.com/19917/gv.com.GearsOfWar2SPWalkthrough_1280x720_1280x720. wmv

GeOW 2 will be amazing

skarekrow
07-25-2008, 23:02
I dont agree with most of you saying that it looks better than KZ2, but I wont argue those points in this thread because im not trying to drag anyone down, but I will say that I think it looks better than uncharted.

Also, I couldnt help but notice dom getting in the way again. I wish we had the option to just leave him there. I made him sit out most of GeOW 1 because he would continually get in my way. :|

zero1661
07-26-2008, 03:07
I dont agree with most of you saying that it looks better than KZ2, but I wont argue those points in this thread because im not trying to drag anyone down, but I will say that I think it looks better than uncharted.

Also, I couldnt help but notice dom getting in the way again. I wish we had the option to just leave him there. I made him sit out most of GeOW 1 because he would continually get in my way. :|

Well people actually hold it against games alot of times when the AI ally gets in the way at certain points, but in real war your buddy isnt always going to stand back and let you shoot, just not how it works, though there should obviously be a limit to how often it happens, as far as KZ2, I dont see how people can say either title looks better than the other, the two games are aiming for two completely different visual styles, KZ2 is very effects heavy, and gears 2 is very detail heavy, kinda apples and oranges situation IMO.

skarekrow
07-26-2008, 04:15
Well people actually hold it against games alot of times when the AI ally gets in the way at certain points, but in real war your buddy isnt always going to stand back and let you shoot, just not how it works, though there should obviously be a limit to how often it happens, as far as KZ2, I dont see how people can say either title looks better than the other, the two games are aiming for two completely different visual styles, KZ2 is very effects heavy, and gears 2 is very detail heavy, kinda apples and oranges situation IMO.

True, but at the same time, your ally doesnt normally run directly into direct fire either. The first gears of war, my worst enemy was actually dom. Ive never been so annoyed at any AI as much as I was with dom. It took me forever to get passed the berserker because Dom would run directly up to her and wait for her to obliterate him. :cuss

As far as graphics. I can agree that they have different art styles, where KZ2 is reaching for realism, GW2 is aiming for CGism if you will, still different art directions doesnt stop people from arguing over which is looks better, See Resistance. Both are definently beautiful games.

Further more, I made a comment earlier regarding the blood being way too red and unanimated, it came to my attention that the current blood may just be a place marker, so ill reserve my judgement on that note until after the game is launched.