PDA

View Full Version : Murder of Time on a Road Trip

Suikoden Fantasy
03-28-2006, 04:42
Every year we go to the Dells and it's about a three hour drive. I usually kill time by playing DS, listening to music, or sleeping. What do you do to kill time(murder time) on a road trip?

hoverbike
03-28-2006, 04:50
I don't do much but it's crazy boring and I try not to go on long trips. It's horrible. A good idea is to but a portable DVD player in the back seat of the car/van and sign up to a online movie rental service (NetFlix) and get 6 DVD's at a time. Put all of them on while your on a long road trip. Then, return them after a road-trip. That wouldn't work well in most cases though.

Trinity
03-28-2006, 04:54
Believe it or not, my mom makes us (me, brothers, dad) sing songs. It gets annoying after 30 minutes, but we bring our PSPs and while my brother plays FIFA, i play GTA and then we switch. I told my mom im an adult and i dont like to sing, she said i was still a baby :shock:

Tribunal
03-28-2006, 05:00
...I play PS2 or Xbox on our SUVs 5" DVD player TV.

Suikoden Fantasy
03-28-2006, 05:17
Well our Jeep is pretty old and we're getting a new van pretty soon, but we won't have it for our next road trip in August. So I guess I'll do my normal ritual. We'll probably put a DVD player in our new van, but until then I'll just play my DS and stuff.

MiThRaZoR
03-28-2006, 05:18
Listen to music, talk to my cousins (because usually we all go together), and play cards. If all that doesn't work out, we go to sleep.

Suikoden Fantasy
03-28-2006, 05:38
Take some travel sickness pills and knock myself out. No jokes.

I don't even have to take pills. I usually pass out from boredom. Seriously I fall asleep due to boredom.

Tribunal
03-28-2006, 05:41
I remember one time I was on a trip and I was passing something... that at least kept me entertained for the 3 day trip, my family didn't really share the joy however.

I write Cursive
03-28-2006, 06:00
Take some travel sickness pills and knock myself out. No jokes.

ahah seriously. I can't even handle sitting in the backseat on a drive to the airport and back. I try to sleep my way through everything but then I feel sick after I get off the car :p

I suggest you.. just talk on the phone, listen to music, perhaps bring a laptop, a book? lots of food :D haha play tetris on your cellphone.

Suikoden Fantasy
03-28-2006, 20:31
Oh yeah there's a fun game that we play where you have to find signs that start with every letter of the alphabet in alphabetic order. It usually takes about 25-35 minutes a game.

highazz_vegeta
05-22-2009, 22:53
Game added