PDA

View Full Version : what would you?

mikeghtmare
08-25-2008, 23:59
hi all, a friend and I are thinking of putting an online store but not sure what would sell well online. What would you guys buy online? or in other words, what do you think would work???....

I know you are all gamers and we already look into games, but there isn't really much profit for a start-off site, and then there are giant competitors like gamestop, best buy, CC, ...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

gruddy
08-26-2008, 00:03
I don't mean to burst your buble mate, but if you don't have a brilliant idea, you'll be eaten alive by the competition.

For example, there's ebay, Amazon and an online store for every retailer out there.

You need to find a gap in the market.

Sell something that no one else has.

Maybe you can just set up a store on ebay and sell some information products (e.g. A PDF explaining how to do something).

Sorry if I haven't been of much help but I just thought that I would give you my view.

SoDev
08-26-2008, 00:34
I could tell you to sell shoes, but it won't matter if you can't acquire them at a good price.

First you need to figure out what product you can get cheap enough to sell for a profit.

Start off on something like ebay where people might actually see your product and buy it. If you try to just make some random website marketing it will be hell. If you do well on ebay you can grow from that.

Good luck!