PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 Q&A With Me!

Restricted
10-20-2008, 00:43
I own the game, and now I will create this thread where you can ask me any questions you may have about this title. So, ask away!

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 00:53
What would you rate it 1-10?

How are the graphics 1-10?

What is the best feature that you like

Blackout'08
10-20-2008, 00:53
Lucky *******...I would like to know how the fluid and deep the combat is compared to the first, and how do you like the visuals overall? please and thank you.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 00:57
Where the hell is he with our answers lol

Restricted
10-20-2008, 01:27

9.5/10 It is a phenomenal title!

10/10 the environments are lush and beautiful. I could not ask for more.

That is very hard to narrow down to the best feature. I guess it would have to be the main selling point, transformation from neutral to good or evil.

Lucky *******...I would like to know how the fluid and deep the combat is compared to the first, and how do you like the visuals overall? please and thank you.

I never played the original but I think that the combat is very fluid and works excellently with the interface. Also the effects from your spells are awesome!

I already stated how the visuals were in the earlier quote on this post.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 01:28
9.5/10 It is a phenomenal title!

10/10 the environments are lush and beautiful. I could not ask for more.

That is very hard to narrow down to the best feature. I guess it would have to be the main selling point, transformation from neutral to good or evil.
thank you very much. Just confirmed when I go to gamestop to pick up Far Cry 2 I will get Fable 2

Restricted
10-20-2008, 01:30
thank you very much. Just confirmed when I go to gamestop to pick up Far Cry 2 I will get Fable 2
That is a great thing to hear. Add me on xbox live my gamertag is techguy2011.

I might pick up Far Cry 2.

Galvanise_
10-20-2008, 01:31

I've sat in on my housemate playing it for around 2-3 hours and so far I'd rate is as:

Overall (Thus far): 7/10 (its been a tad repetitive)

Graphics: 8/10

From an observers point of view and having about an hour playing it on my own, I'd say I enjoy the NPC comments. I have an odd sense of humour. Haha. I also happen to like the combat, though I think it could have been refined a touch more.

SonyJunkie
10-20-2008, 01:32
I think that this game is a little overrated. I don't think it will be as good as people are hoping, but besides that.

One question that I really want answered. Is the game open world? Can you go anywhere at anytime? Is there a lot of loading when moving from place to place?

Restricted
10-20-2008, 01:37
I think that this game is a little overrated. I don't think it will be as good as people are hoping, but besides that.

One question that I really want answered. Is the game open world? Can you go anywhere at anytime? Is there a lot of loading when moving from place to place?

The loading is just from area to area. For example if a city is 76 miles from where you are or 19hours walk. You begin to walk that way then you cross a certain area and it gets you there quicker and time progresses as it travels.

The game is pretty much do what you want when you want to.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 01:39

For owning and playing it do you think that first sentence is true

Restricted
10-20-2008, 01:42
Black F O X are you going to add me as a live friend? techguy2011

Also I uploaded the first 10 minutes after collecting the coins for the box onto youtube.

YouTube - The First 10 Minutes of Fable 2

Galvanise_
10-20-2008, 01:50
For owning and playing it do you think that first sentence is true

I'll take that one. I think it has been overhyped a tad, but then again I've only played one game this generation that has exceeded the hype. Its a good game without a doubt but it has its faults like any other game. Looking at the Xbox 360's line up towards the end of this year, it does stand out as one of the better titles, but don't expect it to be 'the best game evar'. Play it with an open mind and I'm sure you'll like it.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 01:55
Restricted I did send you a request before. kyuubiYakuzaFox

Whats your email BTW since PMS aren't working

Restricted
10-20-2008, 01:57
tech_guy2011@yahoo.com is my email man. I will accept your invite when I get on my 360 later.

Dave
10-20-2008, 01:59
Fable II was so entrancing, he jumped on Gears of War instead, lol.

I'm buying Fable II, but I think that speaks volumes for the "meeting the hype" question.

skulpt
10-20-2008, 02:03
My question gets back to the open world concept.

In Fable 1, I felt that it was open to go to destinations when I wanted, but it was still linear to get there. It's not like Oblivion where the whole world was open. With Fable 1, you were still pretty much limited by linear paths to get from A to B. So

1) Is this game as open ended as Oblivion? Can you go north, south, east, west from pretty much anywhere (barring their are mountains and that sort of thing in the way), or are you lead down pretty linear paths to get from place to place like in Fable 1

2) Do enemies respawn like in Fable 1? In other words, will the same bandits that you killed the first time you went through an area be back again if you pass through that area again? That's probably what annoyed me most with Fable 1. The same ambush from bandits, the same scenarios played out over and over again, and forced even more so by the linear paths you had to take to get from area to area.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 02:07
tech_guy2011@yahoo.com is my email man. I will accept your invite when I get on my 360 later.
Alright check your email man.

Did Fable 2 meet up to the hype YOU had about it?

georaldc
10-20-2008, 02:46
Fable 2 doesn't limit you as much as Fable 1 but you're still pretty much following a path through the different environments. You can jump over fences and walls now and explore the environment but there is still a pond or 2 you can't jump into, and a couple of invisible walls (more like mountain walls I guess).

I have some questions though. I asked this at the other fable2 thread and didn't really get a proper answer. I've played the game at a friend's house and noticed a couple of effects seemed to be off. I mean, they were like running at a lower framerate and were choppy. Examples are the EXP orbs, a couple of smoke and fire effects, magic spells and waterfalls. There were also tree shadows that flickered and a couple of particles that would disappear/reappear when moving the camera around. Lastly, I noticed glitches where NPCs and my dog would be standing on bodies of water.

I'm not complaining or anything since I loved what I played and would really like to get a copy of my own asap, I was just wondering if you experienced that same things I mentioned above.

taxman
10-20-2008, 02:55
All my questions are based on 2 player co-op

1. Is 2 player, Split screen or other wise,co-op in the game?
2. Is it possible to make the 2nd player invincible? Or is it possible to change difficulty level in the middle of the game?
3. Is it possible to have 2 different games on the same account/gamertag ?
4. Is it possible to use the char. creation for the 2nd Char with diff. classes and looks (heard the 2nd char is only a henchmen).

StrifeTribal
10-20-2008, 04:07
I've been watching a guy play side quest missions all day (on and off, had to stop for 6 hours and go to work) and the game looks simply amazing. I really just cannot wait to get my hands on the game.

The graphics and environments are stunning as hell!

SonyJunkie
10-20-2008, 04:43
I doubt you will know the answer to this unless you actually played offline co-op. But if you did. I really don't know how to ask this so I am going to explain a little.

I am going over my friends house to play Fable 2 when he gets it. I have a gamertag on his system. So when he is playing on his name and I want to play, I will choose my gamertag, will that be my character and will he be able to progress as if I was playing my own game or will I just be a side character that won't change but I will keep the gold and experience to transfer to my game??

If you know this, which I doubt anyone will because it is kind of complicated, it will be appreciated so much.

arfi-gorgona-O
10-20-2008, 05:06
I've played the game for 30min or so in a friends house,and i must say that i was expecting more (gfx wise at least) too many low textures around the world..the ground textures are getting too blurry after a certain point,and the environment werent as good as i was hoping for.The screeshoots that i saw before i played the game seemed a lot better than the actual game.

Now im really debating what i must do.Buy the game and play it as is...or wait for the Pc version.

Restricted since you played the game more than me,i would appreciate to see your comments about those issues that im refering too...

EDIT:False Alarm guys,I just confirmed he had the review version,thanks A7mad for the head ups.

Restricted
10-20-2008, 23:43
Yeah, I have the retail version. I am not a terrible person and I would never download torrents.

Black F 0 X
10-20-2008, 23:48
Restricted how is it now so far. Worth it now or would you have rather invest in Fallout 3

Restricted
10-20-2008, 23:54
Worth it. Definitely! I will probably get Fallout 3 too.

Black F 0 X
10-21-2008, 00:01
So since you are playing this game I want a Word from you.

Fable 2 first or Fallout 3 first?

zeon9881
10-21-2008, 00:05
ok pleae i have asked this before but nobody answers it...

Is this game like world of warcraft in the sence that you can go anywhere and do anything at any point or time?

zeon9881
10-21-2008, 00:08
ok good im getting it than, i was on the fence about this because i didnt want to buy a game that would last me like 20 hours....oh **** i forgot to ask you how long do you think the game will be, i know you havnt finished it but make an estimate

yea theirs something going on here, i posted this comment after yours restricted but it came in before....

Restricted
10-21-2008, 00:08
That is a tough choice on which to get first. I would say Fallout 3.

Yeah it is kind of like warcraft.

Restricted
10-21-2008, 00:11
Not really, stop rewording what I say haha. I can't really judge fairly because I don't have fallout 3 yet.

Black F 0 X
10-21-2008, 00:11
That is a tough choice on which to get first. I would say Fallout 3.

Yeah it is kind of like warcraft.
So you are saying. If you had a choice, since you played Fable, You would probably just get Fallout 3

Black F 0 X
10-21-2008, 00:12
I know im just saying... Nevermind I guess its to difficult of a question.

Im just going to get Fable 2 tommorow

zeon9881
10-21-2008, 00:14
hmm can someone fix my comment above restricted btw restricted i have another question

can you guess how long the game might be?

georaldc
10-21-2008, 03:09
I've played the game for 30min or so in a friends house,and i must say that i was expecting more (gfx wise at least) too many low textures around the world..the ground textures are getting too blurry after a certain point,and the environment werent as good as i was hoping for.The screeshoots that i saw before i played the game seemed a lot better than the actual game.

Now im really debating what i must do.Buy the game and play it as is...or wait for the Pc version.

Restricted since you played the game more than me,i would appreciate to see your comments about those issues that im refering too...

EDIT:False Alarm guys,I just confirmed he had the review version,thanks A7mad for the head ups.
Did your friend's copy also have choppy particles and effects? If so, then I guess its safe to say that the retail version won't suffer from the same problems ^^

SDiablo123
10-21-2008, 03:19
I own the game, and now I will create this thread where you can ask me any questions you may have about this title. So, ask away!

When did FableII even be released?couldnt have been very far back man..

Eric Johnson
10-21-2008, 04:04
Hows the magics? Can you name me some/type spells? (EX: Ice, fire, freeze, etc..)