View Full Version : okami gameplay
ebony & ivory
this game is really good, enjoy the video
Looks great and I can't wait to play it for myself. Check out also an import hands-on report from Gamespot about the japanese version + some gameplay videos:
I'm more excited about this game then any of I've played before. This is game of the Century quality stuff coming from this game and I'm not even joking guys.
Can't freakin wait for this game to release. I'm going to shut myself in a closet and experience this game for a month on end lol.
I honestly decided to buy this game today. I've heard about it and saw tiny clips and I was like, "Yah.. innovative. Eh." Today I watched this gameplay, and A- The graphics are unique and amazing, B- the main gameplay mechanic is very original and innovative, and finally C- Okami is a sweet name? (I had no C). I'm sure it'll be worth the 40-50 bucks I lay down on it. I can't wait to just run around and see what you can do!
ebony & ivory
i think you will have to wait a bit more.. in europe i don't know for sure when this game will be out.. in japan its already available for purchase.. in the us i don't have any clue
Well, Gamespot and IGN both list it to be released in September 2006 in the US and Europe, and Eurogamer says Third quarter 2006. Hopefully it would come out in September so it wouldn't have to compete with other highly anticipated titles such as Rogue Galaxy and Final Fantasy XII.
In the meantime, check out IGNs import hands-on or Okami's official japanese website:
Although in japanese, it has some trailers, screenshots, box-art, mini-games and what not to get your "Okami-fix" for awhile :)
Well the best director in Capcom is going at it, so it must be real great. (Seriously, he got Re2,DMC1,Viewtiful Joe1 and now Okami under his blet) It will be VERY good
ebony & ivory
i wonder why this game isn't selling very well in japan.. magic box claimed that only 60 thousand copies of this game were sold
besides, it got a 39/40 from famitsu review team :shock:
this game should be selling at the hundreds of thousands, not dozens :?
Usually happens with these types of games. It takes word of mouth to spread before the game begins selling real well. Katamari Damacy didn't begin selling real strongly until a month after it released in Japan. Even Pokemon didn't do all that well until word of mouth about the game spread around.
60,000 though is pretty good for this game considering its brand new and unproven. It'll probably sell worse here in America even though the games been hyped for a year now. Just happens for some reason, its pretty unexplainable.
I'm posting this here temporarily til I get home, when I'll fix it up and post in the right places.
(Tuesday, 6th of October 2009)
- No tasks done
(Wednesday, 7th of October 2009)
- Compiled list of remaining Killzone 2 trophies for the database
- Changed GameArt banner for "Star Wars The Clone Wars: Repblic Heroes" for the PS3, to the correct dimmensions specified by Joesph
- Changed GameArt banner for "Bayonetta" for the PS3, to the correct dimmensions specified by Joesph
- Changed GameArt banner for "NBA Live 10" for the PS3, to the correct dimmensions specified by Joesph
- Changed GameArt banner for "Disney Sing It: Pop Hits" for the PS3, to the correct dimmensions specified by Joesph
- Changed GameArt banner for "Street Fighter IV" for the PS3, to something not so hard on the eyes.
- Added wallpaper for "Street Fighter IV" for the PS3.
- Created new GameArt banner for "Buzz! Quiz World" for the PS3, and uploaded to the gamepage.
- Updated "Army of Two: The 40th Day" release date for the PS3 to -- January 12th, 2010 (US) & January 8th, 2010 (EU/UK)
- Added BoxArt for "Army of Two: The 40th Day" for the PS3.
- Changed GameArt for "Army of Two: The 40th Day"
- Added Boxart for "DJ Hero" for the PS3
- Changed rating for "DJ Hero" on the PS3 from RP to T