PDA

View Full Version : New way to run sotw

NoUse4AName68
05-02-2006, 01:27
To avoid popularity contests, submissions should all be sent in to the person in charge of the sotw contest and posted on the poll without any names attached, this way, we avoid popularity contests...

Firefox
05-02-2006, 01:32
so when we make the sig, we do not put any names?
I think we should just put the name "user" and another version with our names on it.
PS posts the sigs with "user" written on it then after the contest he displays the ones
with the names.

soldier one
05-02-2006, 01:45
after the contest he displays the ones
with the names.

yea!

just put user 1 user 2 etc.... i think its a good idea. but there still wil be those who post there's either where everyone can see or in a pm, then what do you do?

Firefox
05-02-2006, 01:47
after the contest he displays the ones
with the names.

yea!

just put user 1 user 2 etc.... i think its a good idea. but there still wil be those who post there's either where everyone can see or in a pm, then what do you do?then, ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SENT THROUGH PM.
if you want opinions on your sig, just ask an smc or a mod or admin (they are usually
no biased)

and to repeat what I said:
I think we should just put the name "user" and another version with our names on it.
PS posts the sigs with "user" written on it then after the contest he displays the ones
with the names.

soldier one
05-02-2006, 01:49
then, ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SENT THROUGH PM.

no im saying what about those who dont and post them in the topic, do we allow them to go through or not? say i pm him mine he puts it up then i say thats mine and post it again for all to see, now everyone knows its mine. is that fair?

Firefox
05-02-2006, 01:52
if they say that the sig is theirs they should either start a new sig or be banned from
the weeks sotw varying on the degree.

Coolio
05-02-2006, 02:03
I think I could tell whose most of them are by looking at the style anyway

UndecideD
05-02-2006, 02:08
Yo,thats a good idea,im wondering how much of a diffrence it will make(it will change just abit imo),but it's a good idea.

Trinity
05-02-2006, 03:00
I, Trinity, agree with my own idea. Let the real battle comence....

JustinPinter
05-02-2006, 03:02
Why? are you feeling unpopular in the contests Nouse4aname68??? :lol:

Coolio
05-02-2006, 03:02
So does that mean no discussion/entry thread?

Trinity
05-02-2006, 03:05
The discussion/entry thing was kind of pointless. On some other forums dedicated to graphic arts they just submit the entry and thats it. Something we should do

Perfect Sin
05-02-2006, 03:36
It's true though. Some members do get favored over others.

The only thing is, how will you guys be able to critisize other member's work?

The House
05-02-2006, 03:37
I really don't find the point of the discussion part of the contest. so is this official. we should have a vote or something.

NoUse4AName68
05-02-2006, 03:40
Why? are you feeling unpopular in the contests Nouse4aname68??? :lol:
no, ive only entered one contest and i got 2nd place, but i saw that someone posted this idea in another thread and it sounds like a really good idea.

soldier one
05-02-2006, 03:51
So does that mean no discussion/entry thread?

i think you should open the voteing poll but dont put the poll up just list the entrys in the topic. then the members can criticise the entrys but not knowing whos is whos. then the day comes and put up the poll.

Tribunal
05-02-2006, 03:57
It's true though. Some members do get favored over others.

The only thing is, how will you guys be able to critisize other member's work?

We will after we find out who's work is who's/

Honestly we shouldn't criticize others work to help them beat us... I understand it's common curtesy, but come on. When I'm winning in a wreslting match I don't just stop in the middle of the match and say

"You know what, you should really try shooting in on my right leg, I'm pretty much leaving it open for a single-leg."

Skribble
05-02-2006, 04:53
Haha, I laughed loudly at that trib.

I love the idea... But I say rather than USER we come up with a name that everyone has to use...

Skittlez or BamBam or Tailored or Mila or just some random name we all decide to use...

The House
05-02-2006, 12:13
there are other forums that are made to criticize you work like www.devianart.com.

Voice Of A Riot
05-02-2006, 14:18
I'll pretty much be able to guess who's sig is who's by their style. I don't need the names.

Skribble
05-02-2006, 14:51
Still, this is mainly for the people who are voting from outside the design section, who don't know our stuff that well but may vote for one of us cause they've seen us somewhere else lots.

A-D-L
05-02-2006, 16:43
I like this idea. Some people think things like "Oh look he isn't in the design squad, he's a n00b so i'm not voting for it." And it could be a really good sig.

I say just don't put any name in it, or one that everyone uses.

Firefox
05-04-2006, 00:21
alright, I think we should enforce this rule for the next sotw, your thoughts users?
and of course, perfect sin what do you think?

Skribble
05-04-2006, 14:11
I think we should have a single topic for all SOTW discussion though.

Master
01-06-2010, 20:46
Gran Turismo 5 may go down in history as one of the longest most anticipated games. Weve been talking about it for years, and we are still waiting for its release. There is good news for fans of the realistic driving simulator we finally have some box art to enjoy.

Feast your eyes on the box art, featuring a sleek Mercedes SLS AMG. Well have the new trailer up soon; in the meantime, enjoy this lovely box art, courtesy of Sony Computer Entertainment America. We cant wait to get our hands on GT5.