PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 MMPOG for PS3

Se7enwolf
06-10-2005, 22:26
I think with the more power, better online gaming and increased online player count. I think GTA 4 would be the best if it was a MMPOG and would be deemed best game ever and it would never end giving the value of the game 10x more then what you payed. Plus it could always be updated. This is how I invision it.

Making it a huge mmpog with a huge city at least twice as big as San Andreas with no load time between the islands if there are any. Making this a mmpog, there would be at least 100 to 500 players per game where you have to work your way up to ladder as you do in all the games and other players can give other players missions if they are mob bosses or what not. Put together better living gangs to fight other gangs. Just like San Andreas but playing with live people, not computer AI. So a ped walking down the street or jacking someones car could be a real player. Of course there would be computer peds to fill the city but you can do everything in San andreas from robbing houses, being a good citizien, maybe playing a cop. But you create the character, from the looks, to the personality, to their action and so on. With the map being alot bigger, it allows for more action in the area, in the water and on the streets. Also need alot more buildings to enter. As for vehicles and planes. It could be just like Unreal Tournament 2004 where if someone took a vehicle it was gone until it crashed and blew up then respawned in the same place a few mins later. This limits the number of people that can be in the air or in the water to the number of vehicles there are thus controlling some of the potential chaos that could have happened. Also a good idea for gangs and mob bosses to keep in touch is using cell phone or pages. This would be good with the head phones. Also another way to controlling is if someone thinks they are gonna be an ass and cause chaos all the time like you could in the past games as blowing up tanks, copters and such over and over with out being stopped, this time snipers would be put in place to take out the guy after he had 6 stars for awhile. As for dying, you would lose some points or money or possiblly be knocked down a rank. and respawn at a random hospital which would be several just like San Andreas so it would cut down on people trying to kill you after respawning but of course only points and rank would be taken away if you died from another gang or crash or self inflicted but not for some stupid reason or getting ran over or something like that. Also with the better graphics and such, it would take away the ability to find glitches at getting behind the scene like in the past games you could get under the land and behind closed off buildings. Of course better graphics and pyshics.

What you think?

adamba4e
06-10-2005, 22:32
I didn't know what MMPOG was before you made this post, but I think that would be cool but only if it was a option.

Se7enwolf
06-10-2005, 22:34
well I think this should be the main game, but the option could play it as a normal one player offline game. mmpog means mega multiplayer online game

ishould
06-10-2005, 22:38
I think thats a great idea, but we would just need more options from the player or admin of the server. Espceially if it gets ported to the computer. I know someone is trying to make something multiplayer online for San andreas and should be out in 2-3 months.

I agree, if Rockstar can make a centralized server with 100-500 peopl ethat'd be great. What woul dbe even better is if the player could make there own server and be able to designate what city to play in and range the # of people from 2-64 and be able to have mods like they will have for the PC version. I like the idea of Rank based on how many people you kill/how many kill you type of thing. Definatly has many many possiblities to it.

Se7enwolf
06-10-2005, 22:50
I think that would be ok for smaller groups. But making it all one server per game with 100 to 500, would make it more of a living world. Your idea seems to be more of a FPS type fighting game like Killzone or Halo. PC is a whole differnt story. In my idea, players wont have the choice to create the game/room. But also what I forgot the mention was since sony says the storage space online would be huge, then you could save your progress for when you're not playing and your gang members or so could check to see if you're on if they need you or something for a special mission such as bombing a rival gangs hide out.

But what other options would you like to see?

ishould
06-10-2005, 22:55
would these servers, the big ones with 100-500 players, would they be perminant? Would you be with the same people the whole time or would you be able to go to different servers. Not that I play it anymore, but something like Runescape type servers? I would like to be able to play with the same people so it would seem more personal, and you would get to know people if they had somekind of messanger client embedded within the game

Se7enwolf
06-10-2005, 22:57
Yep, once you start a game, just like playing it offline, your save date is for that server/game only. To start in a new spot/server/game, you would have to start all over with everything new.

ProtoJoe
06-11-2005, 01:29
If GTA was to be made into a MMPOG, then...it wont really be a GTA anymore, to me, it wont be as enjoyable. Think about it, the same things which you do when you play it by your self....everyone else is gonna be doing that also... which...wouldnt be all that fun if EVERYONE is doing it. The Idea of the whole "living game MMPOG GTA style" is cool, but it shouldnt BE gta, someone else should take it up, rockstar need to concentrate on beefing up the new gta for ps3 (that is gonna be sweet!)

Se7enwolf
06-11-2005, 01:32
If GTA was to be made into a MMPOG, then...it wont really be a GTA anymore, to me, it wont be as enjoyable. Think about it, the same things which you do when you play it by your self....everyone else is gonna be doing that also... which...wouldnt be all that fun if EVERYONE is doing it. The Idea of the whole "living game MMPOG GTA style" is cool, but it shouldnt BE gta, someone else should take it up, rockstar need to concentrate on beefing up the new gta for ps3 (that is gonna be sweet!)

I think the more people doing it the better, so its gonna be even more fun. but reality is everyone isnt going to be doing the same thing. with this, putting the story, game and everythiing in the hands of the gamers, the gamers create there own story that personally involves them and is differnt to each person. offline games are liner and everyone goes through the same thing, with this everything is differnt and unpredictable.

SessDMC
06-11-2005, 02:40
Thats why they making a sort of MMORPG called APB, its really the same thing apart from you got diffrent gangs, and maybe diffrent cop corruption ring's. looks set to be a sweet game, and the Guy who created GTA will be doing it (dang, forgot his name).

Se7enwolf
06-11-2005, 02:50
From what I read and seen and so on, it wont be anything like this. Its basicly just a form of State of Emergency or The Warriors. It wont be nothing like im seeing it.

Also GTA MMPO wont be nearly as chaotic as you guys are thinking. There would be lots of things keeping from ruining the game experience for others. And having it online wont change the game at all, it will just make the story personal to each player meaning no two players will have to go through the same story or game. Having it this way will make single player offline gaming worthless and boring. image this...

You are a new gamer, starting up at the bottom, basicly new in town. You go looking for work, whatever happens is up to you, or you're roaming around and get caught up in a gang war or crime and the other players being another gang or cop, thinks you're involved and they go after you. so you go looking for others to back you up, work for, protect and so on. And thats how you get your footing and work you way up by that way or unless you're playing a cop then you are to look for these criminals or work out a FBI sting to nab a mafia or gang group. You guys work as a team if you want, take out drug houses, or other gangs or trash homes or the police station. Also if you go roaming and no gang wants to recuirt you, then you have the option of taking them out yourself. Lots strategy thinking can be put into this. This would be the ultimate game with unlimited possiblities and hundreds of differnt ways to go. It is basicly the real world put into a game with the possiblities of anything.

You might be thinking, what if you get arrested? well you can either try and break out, have your friends break you out, or if you're in there for say 2 days or so (game wise) then something comes along to let you out. Or you start over but like when being killed, if you're arrested, you drop a rank or something.

Just think, you rob a place, the cops are comming (other players), you run and hide or jack a car, player to player car chasing, foot persuits, hiding out, killing a cop, taking hostages, whatever you choose. And as things go on, you can get warrenties out for you. Where if you're playing a cop, you get a call on the CB saying be on the look at for "John Smith" and it gives your description. You can also choose to play a crooked cop.

It would be endless.

rallyracr420
06-11-2005, 22:33
I think a GTA MMOG would be fun, but I'd still want a single player GTA game as well. I'd like to see them as two separate games.

ishould
06-12-2005, 01:00
I'd like to see it as either option on the one game. Either play it by yourself with AI or with other people

hoverbike
06-12-2005, 04:13
You know what they should do is have online streaming audio so while your driving the radio station is a real radio station so you never hear the same thing again! You could choose your radio station and switch real radio stations!

Another thing is You could race online and choose a route to go!

Se7enwolf
06-12-2005, 04:47
I think real audio streaming is looking to far ahead right now.

hoverbike
06-12-2005, 05:46

How so? It's not looking far away in the least bit it could be easly done if the PS3 connects to the server with the radio stations steaming in.

ishould
06-12-2005, 05:58
You know what they should do is have online streaming audio so while your driving the radio station is a real radio station so you never hear the same thing again! You could choose your radio station and switch real radio stations!

Another thing is You could race online and choose a route to go!

He's got a point there you have to give him that. Sony could pretty easily implement a FM reciver in it, although I don't know how much use it is going to be for the average gamer. I guess if almost every game could choose from: the game's sound tracks, your sound tracks, or somehow a mixture of the two or three then it could be a good idea

Se7enwolf
06-12-2005, 06:05

How so? It's not looking far away in the least bit it could be easly done if the PS3 connects to the server with the radio stations steaming in.

Dont know if its even possible to do so.

Juggalo4life
06-15-2005, 18:07
I think GTA online would rule. good one Se7enwolf I like that idea.
It would be awesone to get an odd job from an actual player controlled character and then go out and do it. I would the idea of screwing up the mission and having that same guy who hired you, hire someone else to kill you for screwin up. Stuff like that would rule. Starting gangs with people you know until you rule the entire city or cities. Awesome idea dude.
Peace out Ninjas.

DeputyDon
06-16-2005, 02:06
Ive heard hundreds of GTA online ideas.. and they pretty much where all exactly like that.

But here is the problem it would be hard to have 500 people playing in a huge, massive land like that. Having twice the land size as SA? thats gigantic. It would take a VERY good connection to not have tons of lag. I mean. well.. i should just stop right now. Since star wars galaxies (is that what its called?) has pretty much the same thing (huge landmass probably bigger than SA) with more than 500 people per server.. so yeah nm disregard everything i just said!

ishould
06-16-2005, 02:45
The couldn't have 500 people on the same size as SA, there would be too many people at the same time. That's why they would need to make it 2-4 times the size of SA. I think if they developed 5 islands, and you and a group of friendsí goal was to take over the entire world with your territory. You could sign up to a server and play for one week. If a team dropped out, their territory would be up for grabs to the first team that got there.

If your team wins, you move up to the next rank, so on and so worth

Se7enwolf
06-16-2005, 03:04
San Andreas size was easily big enough for 500+ players. But of course they should make it twice as big and with the new systems, and connections espescially boardband, it would be easy to have with no lag.

dr_doom191
06-16-2005, 11:04
hey guys, new member(first post). i think an mmpog for gta would be the coolest thing that's happened to videogames for a long time.(by the way, what does mmpog stand for? ive never heard of it) the thought of playing gta with other people is awesome. the possibilities would be endless!! :shock: like everyone is saying, you could make a gang and completely take over gta, or you could start with doing missions for other people and work your way up to the top. plus, you could practicaly play your whole life, and still have things to do, unlike the other gtas, where you could only play for about 100 hours, and it would start to get boring. or you could just be a maniac who goes around killing everybody. it could have a bunch of cool features, like giving money or guns to other players(as a reward for doing a mission for them or something) it would probably be, literally, the best game of all time. you could even make an army and have wars or something. you could get rhinos, and hydras(the new jet from SA, for all of you vice citiers out there), and make big, elaborate attacks. but that might not be good, because it might turn into another Planetside.

dr_doom191
06-16-2005, 11:15
the cell phone or pager idea is good, too

DeputyDon
06-16-2005, 12:43
hey guys, new member(first post). i think an mmpog for gta would be the coolest thing that's happened to videogames for a long time.(by the way, what does mmpog stand for? ive never heard of it)

Massively Multiplayer online role playing game i believe thats right..

dr_doom191
07-12-2005, 07:16
howcome nobody's posting here anymore? :?

unr3stricted
07-12-2005, 08:37
All Points Bulletin will be so awesome. Too bad you wont get it unless you buy an Xbox 360 also. At least I get that, AND Grand Theft Auto 4.

adamba4e
07-12-2005, 08:40
All Points Bulletin will be so awesome. Too bad you wont get it unless you buy an Xbox 360 also. At least I get that, AND Grand Theft Auto 4.

Instead of getting All Points Bulletin on the Xbox 360, you could just get it on the PC :wink: .

unr3stricted
07-12-2005, 08:46

Instead of getting All Points Bulletin on the Xbox 360, you could just get it on the PC :wink: .

Well... same with GTA! Oh, and my PC sucks... so I can't really get any games for my PC. Damn Microsoft! Too many bugs and such for me to run anything but Firefox nowadays!!!

But, that is going to be the joy of having the two best consoles of next gen... I wont really have to worry about what games I can and can't get, cause I can get them all. Muhahahaha!

Banned
07-14-2005, 08:04
This sounds like Multi Theft Auto for GTA:3,VC,and SA. Only I don't recall the servers holding more than 100 people... :!: The gang wars would be absolutely massive! and getting chased by 15 cars with uzi equipped passengers sparks my interests. :idea:

sony-manPS3
07-18-2005, 01:58
It should be like when you die you should have to start from the very begining make new person and everything so when you die it actullay means something. And if you went to jail for killing or robbing etc.. you would get sent to jail for 2-3 weeks in are time so you wouldnt just go around killing people, and when you go to jail it would be like real jail get to go outside to play basketball or stir up roits in the jail and have to stay longer and stuff that you would do in jail or state pen.

PhantoK
07-18-2005, 11:44
Over 100 people online? Uhh. That propably would get laggy FAST.
But yeah it would be cool.
Just think about it. It would be just too damn fun to run around with like 15 of your friends and shoot everything on sight. :D
Or create a massive 40 man demolition derby. (last car running wins)
Or as Banned here pointed out HUGE gang wars.
Just over all randomness online, but i think it wont happen anytime soon...

luxurys
03-21-2007, 00:50
up in few.