View Full Version : playstation hits 100 million mark
and man the ps2 is doing well
just think how well the playstation brand will do when the psp, ps3 and maybe pstwo comes out?
Ah. Just mentioned this in another thread. Ah well, good news for Sony eh? Blows the pants off the competions doesn't it really. I can only see PSP/PS3 making the brand stronger. Industry analysts predict the Home Entertainment to rise significantely over the next 10 years, although I'm not sure of the exact figures.
This is indeed an awesome achievement. Congrats to Sony.
:shock: 100,000,000. That even looks like a large number. Congratz Sony.
Nice. Makes it sound like Sony can scrape off an even higher reputation for the upcoming Ps2. Sounds promising.
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom coming to the PS3
On March 15th, Sony Online Entertainment announced that Untold Legends Dark Kingdom will be a launch title for the upcoming PS3. The Untold Legends franchise started on the PSP as one of the best-selling RPG titles and now Sony has decided to take it to the next generation of PlayStation, the PS3.
Michael Lustenberger, VP of Marketing said that Dark Kingdom will set the standard for next-gen action-RPGs through its beautiful HD graphics, ambient SFX, 7.1 audio and physics-based gameplay for a completely immersive experience. Also, Dark Kingdom will feature online gameplay with the ability to play alone or meet up with your friends online through multiplayer modes as well the ability to download new content through the PlayStation 3 online "Network".
Dark Kingdom will be utilizing the powerful PlayStation 3 Cell processors for unique physics-based game mechanics including audio, visual and FXs. Players will be able to fully interact with the environments by breaking or smashing objects, or even using NPCs as living, unwilling weapons. Players will choose from one of three unique characters and be able to unlock spells and abilities, as well as collect unique weapons, armor and other items throughout the game. Other next-gen features include support for high definition formats up to 1080p, highly detailed graphics, digital surround sound, high resolution textures and detailed character models.
Dark Kingdom will include:
- Next-Gen HD Graphics: Experience next-gen graphics in true high-definition formats up to 1080p. Watch as the fantasy unfolds through vibrant environments, beautifully rendered characters, highly-detailed creatures, and intense battles filled with engaging combat, magical spells and brilliant SFX.
- All-new RPG Action Combat: Unique physics-based game mechanics will give the heroes of Dark Kingdom the ability to tear through environments and defeat enemies in all-new ways. Knock enemies against walls and watch them bounce to the ground. Smash through crates, pillars and boxes to clear a way through the environment. Or grab NPCs and use them as living, unwilling weapons.
- In-depth character progression: Choose from three distinctly different characterclass combinations and unlock new spells and abilities as you adventure! Collect hundreds of armor, weapons and other items that will aid your hero on their perilous journey!
- Epic storyline: Immerse yourself in an intriguing storyline as you seek to end an evil king?s reign of oppression that he has bestowed upon your fellow citizens ? all told through in-game dialog and scripted cut sequences.
- Challenging puzzles: Solve environmental puzzles as you explore multiple levels of game play.
- Engaging combat: Take complete control of every battle by using chained melee attacks, or an array of spells and special abilities acquired along your journey.
- Co-op and internet modes: Adventure alone or with your friends with a full range of multiplayer support.
ps3 Wanna be
I edited this and posted it yesterday!
wow this is a seriously old thread, and expect a infraction for the comment and the bumping of an old ass thread