PDA

View Full Version : Job Listing Causes Further Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360 Speculation

A7MAD
10-18-2010, 15:47
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/10/500x_d8c3fdc3-s.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5666556/job-listing-causes-further-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-on-xbox-360-speculation

At the 2008 gaming expo in Los Angeles, Square Enix dropped a bombshell: Final Fantasy XIII, previously believed to be a PS3 exclusive, was headed for the Xbox 360. Could the same be in store for Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

Final Fantasy Versus XIII designer Tetsuya Nomura has stated repeatedly that Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. Previously, it was revealed that Square Enix was "looking into" a multi-platform Final Fantasy Versus XIII release. Square Enix Yoichi Wada later tweeted, "What was said at the investors meeting was only that until the official announcement is made everything about all titles is pending."

Today, Square Enix posted a job listing for a Final Fantasy Versus XIII "Battle Planner". Listed in the job requirements are the following requirements: experience developing a 3D action game, knowledge and experience in both level and battle design and "development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title".

The inclusion of "or Xbox 360 package title" is leading to speculation online that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be a multi-platform title just like Final Fantasy XIII.

When Square Enix revealed that FFXIII would be released on the Xbox 360, the company stated that it would be a PS3 exclusive in Japan. The game will finally be released on the Xbox 360 in Japan this December.

Planner [Square Enix via オレ的ゲーム情報] (http://jin115.com/archives/51720607.html)

I'm not going to say I'd be surprised if it happens, although for SE's sake, I'd strongly advise they focus on RPG elements and give both versions the time of day they deserve, FF13 was a mere afterthought on the 360, we all know that.

Tyrien
10-18-2010, 15:56
Wouldn't think much of it. Since the listing is only for a "Battle planner" it's likely they just want someone with experience on a "next gen" console.

A7MAD
10-18-2010, 16:05
Likely I guess.

Agriel
10-18-2010, 16:07
Wouldn't think much of it. Since the listing is only for a "Battle planner" it's likely they just want someone with experience on a "next gen" console.
Thats pretty much it, thats a standard thing to require experience on a next gen consoles, but some will read into it more then others, wasn't their another listing almost like this from another 3rd party dev, that was working on a ps3 exclusive and that started multiplate rumors also, that turned out to be BS in the end.

Galvanise_
10-18-2010, 16:13
Naughty Dog were looking for a guy with PS3/360 experience. Its just a way of saying 'experience on current gen platforms'.

There are a few stumbling blocks present making a 360 port improbable, but things can always change. If a port does happen, I would expect it to be the same quality or worse as the FFXIII one. Nomuras team wouldn't port it themselves for example. They'd release the game and move on to KH3 in all probability.