PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.04 is live

scottscorpion
12-14-2010, 10:20
just turned on cod and had to download new patch

Here is a full list of things to come with patch 1.04:
IN PROGRESS
Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.

Issues Addressed:
• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.

• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.

• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.

• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.

• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.

• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.

• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.

• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.

• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.

• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.

• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.

• Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.

• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.

• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.

• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

madmandem2
12-14-2010, 10:54
sweet !!! they trrying to sort out the spwan points.. good good .. and some more connection issues sorted ( hopefully )

can you see any inprovment playing?

scottscorpion
12-14-2010, 11:39
no difference really, i only played zombies though, and a quick few games of team tatical

Copyright
12-14-2010, 11:40
Still no freezing fix? I'll carry on playing elsewhere then.

Wiggy_
12-14-2010, 12:45
Maybe I can get to play the game now, Damn stupid thing.

fearofflying85
12-14-2010, 12:46
Updated and it bloody froze.

SynYster505
12-14-2010, 12:48
ehh. im not getting my hopes up.

fearofflying85
12-14-2010, 13:31
This is getting stupid now. I can't get into a game now. Just keeps on searching, but never puts me in one. :(

jake the ssnake
12-14-2010, 15:50
Glad my 360 copy came today so I can sort of get an idea on how this game should run:bang:

Apocalypse-
12-14-2010, 16:00
Thanks

EHY893
12-14-2010, 16:19
It was pretty damn bad before. Now it's worse. It went from lagging all the time to not even letting me in a game now. Wish I never sold my Xbox version.. was perfect.

Suley
12-14-2010, 16:24
The patch has fixed a lot of lag issues :D

Apocalypse-
12-14-2010, 16:29
The patch has fixed a lot of lag issues :D

Sweet i'll have to check it out later.

scottscorpion
12-14-2010, 17:03
it does seem a bit better,
although i cant seem to mute people in lobby anymore :(

TekkenLord
12-14-2010, 17:16
they forgot to fix the freezing issues, and i'm still getting disconnection issues.

PsychoMantis
12-14-2010, 17:56
they forgot to fix the freezing issues, and i'm still getting disconnection issues.

Not a problem for me, lag is really reduced more so and I got one disconnection error in-game and host migration kicked in and I was back to playing with no problems at all.

XMW
12-14-2010, 18:51
I had no problems on BO pre-patch, but after installing this patch I haven't completed 1 game. About 6 games have had "Connection Interupted" in the game. 2 have been failed host migration, 2 or 3 have been "Awaiting Connection 1..2..3" etc... or "Waiting for other players". How f'n stupid are they up there at Treyarch? This is the 4th patch I think and they still haven't fixed connection problems, it also searches for matches way longer then pre-patch.

aLterBridge
12-14-2010, 19:04
Matchmaking still awful for me on 360,... and now i'm getting framerate issues which weren't occurring before.

bigdec
12-14-2010, 20:00
Its made matchmaking poorer and before the patch I could connect to everyone fine, now half the time I can't connect to my mates parties. :\ Game still freezes though, well I just went on for 20 minutes and it froze and you can quickscope again, guessing there will be mixed thoughts on that one.

berts08
12-14-2010, 20:11
I still ****ing get stuck at players waiting when the map loads up, and it takes forever to find a match in domination.

Hedrush
12-14-2010, 20:21
More connection interupted disconnects than ever before. When I do eventually find a game, which takes forever now, 2 minutes in and guess what.....connection interupted!

Nice patch Treyarch, well done, idiots!!

Evil^Virus
12-14-2010, 20:51
Treyarch are the noobs off all developer teams, dare i say as bad as 3DO? This game is so flawed its not even funny anymore. Finisht the campain on veteran because online was broken afther 1.4 and guess wat. Not a single trophy for all my hard efforts. And yes i checked that i realy played on veteran true all the game. When i try to lower the dificulty, the game warns me that i'm playing on veteran...

1solidsnake
12-14-2010, 22:42
going to download it in a bit, i dont have alot of problems only with lag but, i blame my slow internet

MjW
12-14-2010, 23:22
Freezing as usual. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this game.

R3D D3V!L
12-14-2010, 23:25
I can't why anyone would expect this to solve all the problems. MW2 got like 7 patches in 10 days or something stupid like that.

jfkgoblue
12-15-2010, 00:16
Glad my 360 copy came today so I can sort of get an idea on how this game should run:bang:

I have both copies, and there is hardly a difference in how it runs

also hope the knife lunge is completely gone, but its CoD so I doubt it

Jammy41
12-15-2010, 00:21
No noticeable difference than before. Besides a more relatively more stable connection to servers.

jake the ssnake
12-15-2010, 00:43
I have both copies, and there is hardly a difference in how it runs

also hope the knife lunge is completely gone, but its CoD so I doubt itAll the people I've talked to say it runs better. Still not perfect, but much better. Mainly I've heard the frame rate issues aren't nearly as bad. And not as much of the freezing issues, if any. They still have some party issues and occasional lag issues, but again, nothing as bad. I'll see though, most of them are pretty big fanboys.

Apocalypse-
12-15-2010, 00:44
No noticeable difference than before. Besides a more relatively more stable connection to servers.

Same. They should also add host migration to Zombie mode.

Hedrush
12-15-2010, 00:59
Well its all kicking off over at the CoD forums, the hot topic of the day is Connection Interupted disconnections and the odd freezing issue, oh and the odd idiot calling for IW to make all CoD games from now on. Treyarch are currently asking for people to post there XMB network details, how that will help I dont know but at least they are aknowledging there is a HUGE problem with the new patch so I would expect another patch in the comming days.

This message will disconnect in 5.4.3.2.....migrating host failed!

Raiyuden
12-15-2010, 02:33
Anyone else getting the issue where when your playing it'll have a " connection interrupted" in like 5 minutes of playing?

Also, there's something about a moderate NAT type that apparently affects my matching making, anyone know what it is?

fearofflying85
12-15-2010, 03:22
I'm getting tons of faults. I tried to play for 2 hours today, but only managed 1 full game. I am Nat type 2 which is fine on every other game, but now after the update it says that I am strict on the nat type. Anyone else have this?

Fon
12-15-2010, 05:48
Treyarch fails as developers. This latest patch is just ridiculous!.

jfkgoblue
12-15-2010, 05:56
All the people I've talked to say it runs better. Still not perfect, but much better. Mainly I've heard the frame rate issues aren't nearly as bad. And not as much of the freezing issues, if any. They still have some party issues and occasional lag issues, but again, nothing as bad. I'll see though, most of them are pretty big fanboys.

believe me, it is exaggerated, the only problems on the PS3 version is that Jungle and Firing Range do suffer framerate issues, and it doesn't have a "load MP by default" option(which sucks, because it only take 5 seconds to load the game up on 360 because of this

also the spawns were not improved at all, have yet to DL the patch on PS3, but from my hour or so on the 360 version, it is still just as bad

jake the ssnake
12-15-2010, 06:34
believe me, it is exaggerated, the only problems on the PS3 version is that Jungle and Firing Range do suffer framerate issues, and it doesn't have a "load MP by default" option(which sucks, because it only take 5 seconds to load the game up on 360 because of this

also the spawns were not improved at all, have yet to DL the patch on PS3, but from my hour or so on the 360 version, it is still just as badI just played an hour or so on the 360 and it had a few problems with people getting booted, but it ran pretty decent otherwise. The colors also seemed more vivid and the menus didn't lag as well. I'd say it runs better on the 360, and it's very noticeable, still not perfect, but it's better. And I've had framerate issues on almost every map on the PS3 version.

CYPRESS--HILL79
12-15-2010, 07:46
before this patch, i had connection problems during the day, being booted from matches, connection interupted, lag. on the night i very rarely had these problems. now after patch..... console locked up 4 times last night, i tried with this for like 2 and a half hours and completed one match?? im getting sick now, so it looks like my other games that have not been touched for a while are going to start being used.

Lethalmind
12-15-2010, 09:27
This patch has been a mixed bag for me. On one hand:

- It didn't freeze a single time yesterday (I'm REALLY happy about this)
- The party remains intact after 1 game
- New contracts

On the other hand:

- Matchmaking was horrible whenever my party consisted of 2 or more people. No issues when solo at all.
- "Host migration failed" error occurred 8/10 times so we had to continually search for games.
- I have NAT type 2 as well and this is the ONLY game that I have connectivity issues in post-patch. It wasn't like this pre-patch.
- The voting system seems bugged now too.

Honestly, I'm happy it addressed some issues, but it seems to have made things worse. I only ever play with friends; so with the way things are going, I'm probably going to put this game down until another patch releases.

one2escape
12-15-2010, 09:33
Black ops for me was working before this. Now since the patch I havent had one game either through freezing or disconnections. Takes around 5 minutes to get a game. This is so much worse now! Before I would get a game immediately! Maybe they tweaked so that if they think you have faster than average internet speed they think theres something wrong? Im on a 50mb connection and before I was hosting a lot of games and no one was complaining of lag etc.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1071524069.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

With the missus watching something upstairs

Wiggy_
12-15-2010, 10:01
Nothing has changed IMO..

Doggyps3
12-15-2010, 10:13
what about the freezing ps3's ?? since the last update my ps3 froze like sometimes even 4 times other times only once but in one way the ps3 freezes or gets stuck at awating conection when entering a game...

madmandem2
12-15-2010, 11:17
im pleased im not the only one having troubles after this patch!! i couldnt even get 1 match last night.... it took like 10 mins to find a game then just as its about to start "disconnection" WTF!!!

they have messed it up truly for me... everything was fine before!! now itss Crap!!! soooo pi**ed OFF atm!!

jake the ssnake
12-15-2010, 11:43
what about the freezing ps3's ?? since the last update my ps3 froze like sometimes even 4 times other times only once but in one way the ps3 freezes or gets stuck at awating conection when entering a game...My PS3 is freezing up just like it did, but coming out of it after 30 seconds or so. It did this 4 times last night. The music sounded like the same loop and I couldn't do anything for about 30 seconds, then it came out of it, weird.

rowie_baby
12-15-2010, 11:55
Load MP by default IS in the settings now! The best thing about this patch is that snipering is alot better and is now worth doing. The sway is still there but the accuracy is alot better even soon after scoping in. I tried a bit of quick scoping in combat training and it is possible to do and alot of fun but nowhere near as easy as mw2

ParmSingh
12-15-2010, 12:51
What i found was that there is hardly any lag, which is a positive. HOWEVER, trying to play a normal game is extremely annoying! Out of the 6 or 7 games i played last night, over half of them disconnected half way through the match! They really need to fix this issue! They have although fixed some other issues but they must concentrate on fixing this issue because its practically broken!

nate_0022
12-15-2010, 15:06
After the patch. I'm still getting constant freezing. I'm lucky if I can finish one or two matches before this happens. Also, I can rarely get passed level 4 on zombies before I freeze. Lag still seems to be there, last night I was trying to shoot their flag runner and he was skipping around and captured our flag. It was almost impossible to shoot him. Also still having problems killing people, I litterally put a full clip into the other guy and I get killed when he shoots me twice. I really like this game when it works, but that's on a rare occasion.

Kratos12
12-15-2010, 15:28
Anybody not able to get into a game should try resetting their modem and router and then restart the PS3. That should take care of it.

As for the patch it did fix a couple of things but I don't think the frame rate issues can ever be fixed in this BS game. As for the spawns it's still bad. Really bad.

Apocalypse-
12-15-2010, 16:20
Anybody not able to get into a game should try resetting their modem and router and then restart the PS3. That should take care of it.

As for the patch it did fix a couple of things but I don't think the frame rate issues can ever be fixed in this BS game. As for the spawns it's still bad. Really bad.

Cheers mate. I tried it and it worked.

moots
12-15-2010, 16:23
An already bad game, became really worst. I can't play co op online any more. The ps3 just freezes. And its a brand new slim because Black Ops destroyed my beloved fat one. In three days that I have the new system, I already had to turn it off the wrong way, 7 times.

TwentyThree
12-15-2010, 17:05
Everything got worst after the update... Couldn't finish one game of domination in over one hour.

Nick_Scryer
12-15-2010, 17:06
I could live with the old problems before the patch, But this is too much.

I was online in game for over an hour earlier and in that time i seen "Game lobby closed" at least 12 times, 5 "Connection interrupted" and I probably finished two full games :(

Bigdoggy
12-15-2010, 17:11
Whatever, I am selling the game, this is complete bs on Treyarchs part of things. I can't help but wonder how they tried to fix these disconnect and freezing problems twice and still have not yet fixed a damn thing. I am really starting to think they are doing this on purpose because even DICE studios can fix this type of stuff. Going back to BFBC2, for some reason Treyarch opened my eye's and made me notice the positive things about BFBC2. LOL

ttech10
12-15-2010, 17:34
I played a few matches today (read: tried) and was pretty annoyed. I would either have lag in shooting, jumpy frame rate or get thrown into games that were 2300 vs 7000. Don't think I'll be touching it for a while. Just popped in Bad Company 2 and downloading a 1752 MB update and going to get ready for the Vietnam DLC.

To.Ken
12-15-2010, 17:54
I'm getting tons of faults. I tried to play for 2 hours today, but only managed 1 full game. I am Nat type 2 which is fine on every other game, but now after the update it says that I am strict on the nat type. Anyone else have this?

Yep. Same thing for me. I'm NAT2 with 10mbps download and 500kbps download and I fail to get into a game 90% of the time. Sometimes it says \i am strict on NAT and sometimes it doesn't. Either way the game is pretty much unplayable now.

scottscorpion
12-15-2010, 18:06
ive not had any problems,
no disconnects since patch...it did freeze while playing zombies last night but i think everyone left, i was only one in room , killed all zombies on lev 4 then it froze.

seems alot of people having problems though :( , hope its fine for me later

Silvy
12-15-2010, 18:15
same here i got on yesterday and lagged, then got disconnected and i raged quit the next game.
patch 1.04 is dead.

gameonman
12-15-2010, 19:26
glad I checked here, I was playing well trying to play black ops last night but it kept on freezing 5 times within an hour. I thought something was wrong with my PS3 but my other games worked fine online. I hope they get this sorted out as Im just about to play it in about 20 minutes or so and when I was trying to get in to a match it was taking up to 5 minutes then when I got in to the lobby and etc the jungle after 4 minutes of playing it froze I cant even hold my PS button in to quit game I need to press power switch off on from the front of the PS3 not happy at tall.

one2escape
12-15-2010, 20:05
Restarting the router did it for me. Working again and just prestiged.

woodsy85
12-15-2010, 20:33
I didn't have many problems with the game before this patch.
Now i can not play a game at all. Tried for about an hour and probably played about 2 minutes of a match in total.
The wierdest thing is that when i test the internet connection using the PS3 test i get a speed of around 4mb, but in the options menu on black ops the speed is only 130kb.

Royals
12-15-2010, 22:05
This patch fixed alot of issues for me.

Giaps
12-16-2010, 04:47
This patch screwed everything up for me. Takes forever to connect to a game and I get disconnected when I finally do. 1 hour playing and 0 complete games

dakidx
12-16-2010, 22:01
Sheesh some gamers are a bit dramatic, it will be fixed.

Play some MW2 or Bad company 2 like a smart gamer until it is fixed.

Giaps
12-16-2010, 22:54

Am I stupid for being pissed that I can't play a game when other games work perfectly fine? I work all day, get home late and I like to kick back and play some COD before passing out. It relaxes me. The fact that the connection issues got WORSE after a patch is mind numbing.

TDbank24
12-16-2010, 23:57
The patch seems to have taken care of most of the lag. The game was feeling almost unplayable for awhile there.

PsychoMantis
12-17-2010, 02:22
Anyone else getting the issue where when your playing it'll have a " connection interrupted" in like 5 minutes of playing?

Also, there's something about a moderate NAT type that apparently affects my matching making, anyone know what it is?

I have that problem from time to time but it wasn't that big of a deal until the new patch came out. I had no problems (or very few) with 1.03 patch but 1.04 is about the same only worse. I really don't have to wait long to get into a match but the fact that matches have been so laggy I stopped playing and went back to MW2.

Apocalypse-
12-17-2010, 10:45
Sweet, deleted my save game data and it completely fixed it.

dogg2k78
12-17-2010, 11:11
they need to fix when the lobby is full and says searching for more players to balance the team.

fearofflying85
12-17-2010, 11:51

Right ok. So I buy a game and then I'm expected to play another. Look if this was anything else you could take it back to the shop and say its a piece of **** and and it doesnt work, but for some reason you cant do this with games. If I spend £50 on something I want it to work. Is there really something wrong with this?

Silvy
12-17-2010, 14:50
Sweet, deleted my save game data and it completely fixed it.

Same here i had 3 bars all yesterday

TekkenLord
12-17-2010, 14:55
yesterday was the first time since i bought this game i haven't had a freeze, but got like 4 disconnections. some kind of imporvement went from freezing to disconnecting. lol

Suley
12-19-2010, 16:16
Well I playing today and it was brilliant. I was able to find a game quickly and then go on to play a full game which has no lag :D

Pudinmeister
12-20-2010, 00:26
For the first time in aaaaaaages!! I managed to complete 4 (Yes 4) whole games before it came up witha connection issue, so a bit better... ;)

Still cant seem to get my playercard up at bottom of screen when i get the final kill though! :cry:

Apocalypse-
12-20-2010, 00:31
For the first time in aaaaaaages!! I managed to complete 4 (Yes 4) whole games before it came up witha connection issue, so a bit better... ;)

Still cant seem to get my playercard up at bottom of screen when i get the final kill though! :cry:

I got 2 completed then BAM!

adotheawesome
12-20-2010, 10:39
awesome

scoll
12-20-2010, 11:07
since the patch i havent been able to complete one game of domination its a joke keep getting disconnected and host migration!! its not my internet either as ive played plenty of fifa online and never got disconnected

Edit: This game is now unplayable for me last night i got to play one game got kicked out then was not able to connect to the call of duty servers even doh i could see my friends playing it. I tried to restart and connect to the multiplayer again and my whole ps3 froze this happened 3 times! Im using a day one ps3 does anyone else have this issue?