PDA

View Full Version : I need help... please

Einz
08-27-2006, 19:13
Well, I was about to play my 360... and guess what the red ring of death...

I don't get it. It was working fine last night, and has been working fine ever since I got it last christmas.

anyone know aht I can do. I do have EB Games warranty for 1 year that I bought when I bought the system...

HighPs3
08-27-2006, 19:18
Just bring it back then and keep your hard drive for saves and any download items.

Nothing you can do really except take it back. Atleast you have the warranty though, let us know your expirence with them honoring the warranty, etc...

Einz
08-27-2006, 19:21
Im looking for the warranty now... and can't find it... this is getting worse...

Firefox
08-27-2006, 19:23
Turn the console back on in about 6 hours...I think it just over-heated?

HighPs3
08-27-2006, 19:24
They should have it in their system being that they always make such a big deal about their terrific warranty program... Give them a call and see if they have it, if not then call m$ its like 130 for repairs which isnt to bad...

Einz
08-27-2006, 19:26
Turn the console back on in about 6 hours...I think it just over-heated?

well I played it last night in my Air Conditioned room... i had no problems with it... it was fine... its been more than 6 hours since the last time I played it. so it shouldnt be that... its really weird.

I will call EB

Knuckles126
08-27-2006, 19:27
They'll probably send you a new console.

Also, make sure it's in a well venilated area..

Einz
08-27-2006, 19:32
Ok, I just called, they said they will be getting new 360s on Tuesday... so all I have to do is bring the console with me, and Im fine. Cos everythign is run by the serial number.

wheeeee.

btw the console is in a well ventilated area, and everything was fine up until today... really weird....

oh well, then I might as well go back to playing the PS2... till tuesday.

Uroboric Forms
08-27-2006, 19:47
I'm not to technologically literate but is there any way to save all your game data and LIVE info since obviously you can't keep the hdd?

Einz
08-27-2006, 19:57
I'm not to technologically literate but is there any way to save all your game data and LIVE info since obviously you can't keep the hdd?

they said I can keep my HDD, just bring in the stuff that I want replaced... so Imma take the console an the controller... and get a brand new controller and console.

thanks for all the support guys!

I will buy the same warranty for the PS3.. =P

you never know with these consoles anymore

unr3stricted
08-27-2006, 20:02
well I played it last night in my Air Conditioned room... i had no problems with it... it was fine... its been more than 6 hours since the last time I played it. so it shouldnt be that... its really weird.

I will call EB

This happened to my brother once. We unplugged it completely (even the plugs into the 360 were unplugged) then moved it away from all our electronic equipment, and 24 hours later it worked.

Apparently they told us that if it is near old electronic equipment, it will sometimes interfere... old as in like 15 years, which is the case for us, and that may be the problem. So trying moving it, letting it sit, and uplugging it.

Also, like it was said before, they should have your warranty on file, in their computers, so hopefully that will work in case your 360 doesn't start working again.

Einz
08-27-2006, 20:07
This happened to my brother once. We unplugged it completely (even the plugs into the 360 were unplugged) then moved it away from all our electronic equipment, and 24 hours later it worked.

Apparently they told us that if it is near old electronic equipment, it will sometimes interfere... old as in like 15 years, which is the case for us, and that may be the problem. So trying moving it, letting it sit, and uplugging it.

Also, like it was said before, they should have your warranty on file, in their computers, so hopefully that will work in case your 360 doesn't start working again.

Well, since I have the 1 year thing, might as well get a brand new one... I could wait and all that, and its sad that I have to give away my launch 360... but w/e same thing was with the PS2 and the DRE... the only console that has worked flawlessly for me has been the Gamecube and the PSP... lol

I dont have any old electronic equipment besides it. Just my cable box, my gamecube, PS2, and my sony tv.

GS kid
08-27-2006, 22:30
Well.... you also can get the red ring of death if your A/V cable makes it's way out of the console for some reason. Just for the hell of it, try and pull the A/V cable out of the console and firmly plug it back in.

I had it happen once when I snagged my 360's A/V cable while doing some work behind my entertainment center. It snagged it just enough to unseat my A/V cable.

I turned on my 360 and freaked out when I saw the ring of death. But after pulling the A/V plug out and firmly plugging it back in, all was good and the wonderful shade of green had returned once again. :mrgreen:

CashMoney
08-28-2006, 05:51
Pop your HDD off completely, then put it back on firmly... It works in some cases, trust me......

Einz
08-28-2006, 15:20
I tried it all the HDD off and on, and the AV off and on, even the power cord off and on... I'll just return it and get a brand new one, besides i paid for the warranty, so might as well use it and get a new console.