PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Attacks 6 People - Incredible Photos

dc89
07-21-2011, 08:03
A leopard strayed into Prakash Nagar village in India and mauled several people, including three guards before being caught by forest officials. The animal, which suffered injuries died later in the evening at a veterinary centre.

http://i51.tinypic.com/msp1dd.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vamdsk.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/9tzamf.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/funyjc.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/o55340.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/o92xxf.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/f3huo3.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/jul/20/leopard-attacks-villagers-india#/?picture=377083509&index=0

Incredible pictures really which show how strong big cats can be. It's a shame the cat died really even though it attacked people, I don't like to hear of any animal dying especially not endangered animals or big cats.

Royals
07-21-2011, 08:54
Yeah it's a shame they killed it. It was pretty much just doing what it's natural instinct was.

Rapture
07-21-2011, 09:01
I'm really not understanding the natural defense for the leopard. It wandered into a city and attacked people. It's not like humans went into it's territory or anything. It, as a predator, wandered into unknown lands and attacked other animals (humans) who are not only larger, but were also in groups, and it suffered consequences for it's actions.

This is natural selection as its finest. Silly animal.

DarkVincent07
07-21-2011, 09:02
That is indeed a massive shame. Such a beautiful animal, it knew no better

dc89
07-21-2011, 09:13
I'm really not understanding the natural defense for the leopard. It wandered into a city and attacked people. It's not like humans went into it's territory or anything. It, as a predator, wandered into unknown lands and attacked other animals (humans) who are not only larger, but were also in groups, and it suffered consequences for it's actions.

This is natural selection as its finest. Silly animal.

Humans probably strayed into that animals territory the moment that village was built. Maybe not that particular animals but it's species for sure.

Rapture
07-21-2011, 09:20
Humans probably strayed into that animals territory the moment that village was built. Maybe not that particular animals but it's species for sure.

That village doesn't look new, and my point still stands. This is a predator that went into unknown lands and attacked a non-prey item that is not only larger, but was also in groups. It was the aggressor here, and it made a very dumb decision. I'm a big fan of the large cats, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's a shame that a wild animal that attempted to kill was put down.

Funeralfog
07-21-2011, 09:25
it's a shame? **** the cat they are pretty but dangerous. i hear people whining all the time about harmless coyotes eating their cats but dont give them bait. a big ass cat like that is much different, unless of course you build your house in the thing's backyard. and if that was the case, shame on people. we got people up in the mountains around here who want a pretty scenic place to put a house, yuppies of course, and then cry hysterically because they saw a bear or a cougar. well no **** i says

Enthroll
07-21-2011, 09:42
It's not like humans went into it's territory or anything. It, as a predator, wandered into unknown lands and attacked other animals (humans) who are not only larger, but were also in groups, and it suffered consequences for it's actions.

They get confused sometimes, and a small town in the middle of the jungle surely doesn't help a leopard in search for food. Trust me, the cat didn't go in the town because it was bored and decided to be evil and maul some people.
We humans go in their territory all the time and take what we want. But that's ok, because we're superior and proved nature how strong, wise and responsible we are.

We won't stop until we kill everything on this planet because we're SO good at this Natural Selection game. We like it and we play it over and over again to make sure that EVERY living being on this planet KNOWS IT ! And if they don't learn to stray out of our cities, BAM you silly animals you should know better ! We're the best !! HU-MANS ! HU-MANS ! HU-MANS !

Rapture
07-21-2011, 10:04
They get confused sometimes, and a small town in the middle of the jungle surely doesn't help a leopard in search for food. Trust me, the cat didn't go in the town because it was bored and decided to be evil and maul some people.
We humans go in their territory all the time and take what we want. But that's ok, because we're superior and proved nature how strong, wise and responsible we are.

We won't stop until we kill everything on this planet because we're SO good at this Natural Selection game. We like it and we play it over and over again to make sure that EVERY living being on this planet KNOWS IT ! And if they don't learn to stray out of our cities, BAM you silly animals you should know better ! We're the best !! HU-MANS ! HU-MANS ! HU-MANS !

Hm. You're acting as if humanity is a single conscious.

Anyways, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. My points still stand. It was the aggressor, it made a dumb choice, etc. It feels like people will instinctively blame the humans for every bad, nature-related incident, even when it's clearly not their fault.

Enthroll
07-21-2011, 10:32
I'm saying that it wasn't the leopard's fault that it got killed.
You can't blame animals, dude.

Nick_Scryer
07-21-2011, 10:43
Looks like he wanted payback for the slaughter of the rest of his family.

Dave-The-Rave
07-21-2011, 10:50
Those pictures are hilarious..lol. Poor Leopard.

MATRIX 2
07-21-2011, 10:54
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6457/leopard.png

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab344/MustardTiger2009/cigarguyleopardattack.jpg

F34R
07-21-2011, 10:59
I'm saying that it wasn't the leopard's fault that it got killed.
You can't blame animals, dude.
It IS the animals fault. The same way if it attacks anything else, there is always a chance that whatever it is being attacked will fight back. It deserved to die.

spyrde
07-21-2011, 11:01
Yeah, real shame. Should've just let the animal roam in there, it ONLY ATTACKED SIX PEOPLE. Can't believe someone is defending that.

keefy
07-21-2011, 11:11
Animal tree shaggers prevail.

Enthroll
07-21-2011, 12:18
Yeah, real shame. Should've just let the animal roam in there, it ONLY ATTACKED SIX PEOPLE. Can't believe someone is defending that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning the men that defended themselves. They did what they best saw fit.

Sorry I can't go to the root of the incident here.
It has to be one side or the other. You're either a "tree shagger" or the master of the natural selection.
Fun.

Dave-The-Rave
07-21-2011, 12:36
http://static.images.memegenerator.net/Instances400/8/8759/8969627.jpg

keefy
07-21-2011, 13:07
where there are humans there is easy food I don't mean the humans are the food, we throw a lot away into bins we have "urban foxes" so why not urban leopards.
i sometimes think too many people care more about animals rights than human rights.

nofear01
07-21-2011, 13:08
Looks like he wanted payback for the slaughter of the rest of his family.

+ rep.

I also agree with some of the statements, there are a number of animals venturing into human territory simply because their natural habitats are being modernised by human civilisation or their natural source of food is being taken away form them.

For all we know, this cat could have been scouring food for his young! Now they have to survive. I find this kind of story rather sad.

Dave-The-Rave
07-21-2011, 13:14
where there are humans there is easy food I don't mean the humans are the food, we throw a lot away into bins we have "urban foxes" so why not urban leopards.
i sometimes think too many people care more about animals rights than human rights.

You say that like its a bad thing..lol, some humans just deserve it.

Gregorious
07-21-2011, 13:44
Corner a wild animal and it will strike back. I didn't know so many people here could speak leopard, because from the article there are only three main facts. 1. There was a leopard in a village, 2. This leopard at some point attacked people, 3. The leopard died from injuries. In my personal opinion this cat wouldn't have stalked into he village in the day, more likely it entered the village at night (being nocturnal) and was seen by some stupid idiot that wanted to pet it. The fact that he mauled numerous people shows it was defensive, cats tend to take single prey and save it for future meals. I suggest some of you watch more discovery channel and less fox news.

dc89
07-21-2011, 14:25
I agree with nofear01.

Stories like this are kind of sad.

bigCman123
07-21-2011, 14:39
Yeah it's a shame they killed it. It was pretty much just doing what it's natural instinct was.
I would like to hear you say that after being mauled by a Leopard...

I love animals, I think it's a shame that many amazing species are endangered, but if a wild animal comes in to town and starts attacking people it needs to be put down before people start getting killed.

On that note, it's a shame that such a beautiful creature had to be killed, but it's also a big shame that the leopard wondered into a town and started attacking people.

I would have had to have been there myself and see it go down in order to honestly say more than that.

Fenix
07-21-2011, 16:42
There is really too little information in that article to really say whats at fault. For all we know some moron was bugging it and it got pissed off.

If I seen a leopard, and it wasnt behind a cage or anything, i sure as hell wouldnt stand around like an idiot. I'd go as far as possible.

Bigdoggy
07-21-2011, 17:22

okay, so your saying that, if lets say a Tiger was in your neighborhood and starting attacking children and grownups and you had a gun that could take it out, you wouldn't take it out because that tiger didn't know better, you would let it keep on attacking people? This entire animal rights stuff ends at a certain point. Don't even sit there and try to say something as lame as "well, those people had the right to be attacked because they were on the animals land in the first place".

Also, don't try to even sit there and say to me or anyone else that you know what the leopards thoughts were, that is ridiculous.

spyrde
07-21-2011, 21:26
That is indeed a massive shame. Such a beautiful animal, it knew no better

That is exactly why it needed to be put down.

MATRIX 2
07-21-2011, 22:00
All I'm saying is that there were at least 4 guys with guns there. It they couldn't kill it then, they kinda had it coming.

-Shafty-
07-22-2011, 02:06
I guess it gives a new meaning to the saying "going for an indian"

:snicker

Mopey.
07-22-2011, 03:31
I feel sorry for it. I can understand if it died from wounds caused by people defending their lives. But if they just put it down after everything was under control, I think that is completely wrong. If it was not required to kill it in order to save someone from harm, then it should not have died.

F34R
07-22-2011, 11:13
I feel sorry for it. I can understand if it died from wounds caused by people defending their lives. But if they just put it down after everything was under control, I think that is completely wrong. If it was not required to kill it in order to save someone from harm, then it should not have died.
Do you not consider it attacking people in sequence an act that needs defending? lol smh

Agriel
07-22-2011, 11:15
it died while getting medical care mate, I would say they did all they could to try and help it.

HenryPSN
07-22-2011, 11:36
I can't believe these idiots killed the harmless cat...

Animals > Humans..

Enthroll
07-22-2011, 13:29
okay, so your saying that, if lets say a Tiger was in your neighborhood and starting attacking children and grownups and you had a gun that could take it out, you wouldn't take it out because that tiger didn't know better, you would let it keep on attacking people?<meta charset="utf-8">
No, I don't believe I said that.
I would fire of course, but i wouldn't blame an animal.

<meta charset="utf-8">
This entire animal rights stuff ends at a certain point.<meta charset="utf-8">
I agree.

<meta charset="utf-8">
Don't even sit there and try to say something as lame as "well, those people had the right to be attacked because they were on the animals land in the first place".<meta charset="utf-8">
I don't believe I said that either.

<meta charset="utf-8">
Also, don't try to even sit there and say to me or anyone else that you know what the leopards thoughts were, that is ridiculous.
Nor did I say that "I know what leopards think". (w00t?)
But I have a strong feeling that indian leopards aren't the psycho counterpart of animals.

The second part of my post was meant to be taken as a joke.

Ask yourself: why was there a leopard mauling people on the streets in the first place ?

Kydosan
07-22-2011, 17:51
Ask yourself: why was there a leopard mauling people on the streets in the first place ?
Knowing nothing about this beyond what's been said in the thread, the last five were probably attacked because they were trying to fight the leopard off. I don't know anything about this beyond what's been said here but the first guy could have been doing the same thing.

Real shame for all concerned, human and leopard alike. Apex predators do not make good neighbours.

Mopey.
07-22-2011, 21:56
F34R, did you not read the second sentence in my post?

Bigdoggy
07-22-2011, 22:28
But I have a strong feeling that indian leopards aren't the psycho counterpart of animals.

The second part of my post was meant to be taken as a joke.

leopards are just like any other cat, bear, or any other type of animal, they can attack for absolutely no reason at all. If there is a reason, it obviously wasn't a big deal. Animal's in general are very dangerous and this leopard was definitely one of them.

Well I highly doubt people were poking at it if that's what you were thinking. Leopards are just like any other animals, sometimes you get one that just wants to kill something, it's happened many times before with other animals that were out in the wild. Just as a dad and his daughter were walking in a park, a bear out of no-where mauls the dad, he is still alive and the bear turns his attention to the daughter, both got messed up completely. The bear didn't eat them, just attacked them brutally. When you get animals like that you either put them in a cage or you kill them.

Same thing when I was up at my cabin. I remember in my neighborhood up there, we had a deer that was chasing other people around the neighborhood. Every time someone would get out of their house or car, this deer would go after them, stand up on his rear legs, kicking with his front legs. You better believe I shot that deer, I didn't feel bad about it either. Some animals are very aggressive when they have their babies, it's understandable but the animals aggression can get so out of hand that you have to put it down, mainly if it's in a populated area.

Kydosan
07-22-2011, 22:59
Well I highly doubt people were poking at it if that's what you were thinking. Leopards are just like any other animals, sometimes you get one that just wants to kill something, it's happened many times before with other animals that were out in the wild. Just as a dad and his daughter were walking in a park, a bear out of no-where mauls the dad, he is still alive and the bear turns his attention to the daughter, both got messed up completely. The bear didn't eat them, just attacked them brutally. When you get animals like that you either put them in a cage or you kill them.
I'll start by saying that philosophically I have no problem with that, when it comes to unprovoked fights between human and animal I'm rooting for the human every time.

However, one of the biggest difference between us and our closest rivals in the food chain is that we're capable of compassion, empathy, sympathy etc. If a tiger/bear/snake/whatever decides to attack us the chances are great that it's not thinking very far ahead, it doesn't have thoughts of preservation, it's largely incapable of sympathising with its target.

The leopard got what was coming its way, but it was in all likelihood a purely instinctual response which pushed it down that path, we have significantly higher thought layered on top of our instinctual drives, we can look at a situation objectively, say "I can incapacitate and save this idiot" and do it.

But yeah, when lives are at risk screwing around and getting all philosophical about your decisions just doesn't happen. The leopard got what it got, it's a sad story, but it sounds like the only "better" result would have been for the humans to kill that thing before it hurt all the people it did.

Same thing when I was up at my cabin. I remember in my neighborhood up there, we had a deer that was chasing other people around the neighborhood. Every time someone would get out of their house or car, this deer would go after them, stand up on his rear legs, kicking with his front legs. You better believe I shot that deer, I didn't feel bad about it either. Some animals are very aggressive when they have their babies, it's understandable but the animals aggression can get so out of hand that you have to put it down, mainly if it's in a populated area.
How did you feel after? Sounds like I'd have done the same thing, just curious how you felt about what you had to do.

(and I must stress it sounds like you did what you *had* to - like I say, when push comes to shove, something has to give, and it sure as hell ain't gonna be the people the vast majority of the time. God damn we're dangerous animals :D)

F34R
07-22-2011, 23:24
F34R, did you not read the second sentence in my post?
Did you not read the small article that the link points to? still s'ing mh. ;)

Mopey.
07-23-2011, 00:03
I read the article, but that's beside the point. I already said I have no problem if it died from wounds caused by people defending themselves. I'm just confused as to why you questioned that in the first place :/ What I would have a problem with is if it was needlessly put down after the fact.

darky89
07-23-2011, 21:09
I don't see how shooting animals in the face with a gun is natural selection.....

Rapture
07-23-2011, 21:29
I don't see how shooting animals in the face with a gun is natural selection.....

Not natural selection in the sense of passing and dying genetic traits, but selection in the sense that one animal conquers another because of key advantages and disadvantages.

Bigdoggy
07-23-2011, 22:59
I didn't feel bad at all, I wasn't jumping up and down or anything but I certainly felt good that, that damn deer wasn't causing any trouble anymore. Sometimes animals just do something just to do it, there doesn't really need to be an explanation at all.

Not really, if nature declared war on humans and all the animals and insects were attacking humans, we would all die. lol

Rapture
07-23-2011, 23:03
I didn't feel bad at all, I wasn't jumping up and down or anything but I certainly felt good that, that damn deer wasn't causing any trouble anymore. Sometimes animals just do something just to do it, there doesn't really need to be an explanation at all.

Not really, if nature declared war on humans and all the animals and insects were attacking humans, we would all die. lol

Bacteria and viruses working in conjunction with, say mosquitoes aside... I actually think we would win pretty easily. This is disregarding the fact that animals are essential to persevering the food and just strictly focusing on the war.

gillmanjr
07-25-2011, 22:29
Sorry everyone but I was laughing my ass off at off those pictures - especially the second and third one with the leopard destroying that guy. Why didn't those people just leave the ****ing thing alone! Anyone standing around like its a ****ing circus show deserves to be mauled. All those people should have just taken their dumb asses back in their huts and let the thing be.

Rapture
07-25-2011, 22:33
Sorry everyone but I was laughing my ass off at off those pictures - especially the second and third one with the leopard destroying that guy. Why didn't those people just leave the ****ing thing alone! Anyone standing around like its a ****ing circus show deserves to be mauled. All those people should have just taken their dumb asses back in their huts and let the thing be.

> Leopard wanders into city.

LEAVE THE LEOPARD ALONE! LEAVE IT ALONE!!

DemonsSouls
07-25-2011, 22:59
Im with you Rapture.

It came to our place and started attacking... it got what was coming to it... same as if we went to its place and started attacking it.... we would be the ones in the wrong then.

Aldebaran
07-25-2011, 23:51
The amount of absurdity in this thread is unbelievable. An animal that is endangering, or has the potential of endangering, the lives of human beings is defended for the sake of animal rights?
I don't know if it's just the desire of wanting to go against the flow or it's a mere mentality illness.

Steve
07-25-2011, 23:59
Sure it's sad, but it's natural defense on both ends. The men in the situation defended themselves the best they could, and the leopard naturally fought as well. We can spend all day talking about the cir***stances to which the leopard got there, but we're only going to restate what we already know is a huge problem: Humanity is getting rid of natural habitat and replacing it with buildings and other structures in an attempt to increase profits.

Yeah, it's sad, but it's nothing new.

EDIT: @Eltimas: Animal and human being are essentially synonymous with one another.

Aldebaran
07-26-2011, 00:16
EDIT: @Eltimas: Animal and human being are essentially synonymous with one another. That sentence might be righteous if both lived peacefully together, or away from each other. But it's beyond foolishness to consider that sentence, if the outcome is the harm of human beings.