PDA

View Full Version : What religion are you?

Darkblade
09-18-2006, 17:56
So... what is your Religion?

Svetlana
09-18-2006, 18:13
I think you people can guess which one I voted for...blah.

pendinginsanity
09-18-2006, 18:15
I'm an Atheist, I focus on science and normal logic.
I have a hard time understanding what I can't see, blindly-believing in something is a big no no to me.
Although I respect other peoples religion of course, as long that it doesn't go against normal behavior.

Ubersnuber
09-18-2006, 18:28
none
the day I stop hearing about "holy wars", i'll reconsider:P

Legend Killer
09-18-2006, 18:40
I think everyone is religous even people who say they don't believe you may not be an hardcore religous type but answer me this when something bad happens like a very bad terror attack whats the first thing to come out of your mouth?

let me guess.

Oh my God

God help us

God bless America

see my point it may not be a specific religion but your're religous none the less. :wink:

Ubersnuber
09-18-2006, 19:09
I think everyone is religous even people who say they don't believe you may not be an hardcore religous type but answer me this when something bad happens like a very bad terror attack whats the first thing to come out of your mouth?

let me guess.

Oh my God

God help us

God bless America

see my point it may not be a specific religion but your're religous none the less. :wink:

Very true!
But then I would be a guy who worship satan too since I mention him pretty often when things go wrong;)

Naxi
09-18-2006, 19:17
Floating Island of Mandango!!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/72146 definitely watch!

Angelcurio
09-18-2006, 19:20
Religions are just humans own interpretation of the things that they do not understand.

Personally, i believe in god, but not in any religion. All of them are biased and have wrong things as well as things that only benefits their members. Even being religious is one example of racism, since you are part of a group while the other people that are not part of your religion are the bad people. Discriminatory if you ask me.

Legend Killer
09-18-2006, 19:23
Very true!
But then I would be a guy who worship satan too since I mention him pretty often when things go wrong;)

Good point but if you mention the devils name when something goes bad that means you believe in Christianity which means you're religous because satan is the main aversary of God right?

Ubersnuber
09-18-2006, 19:37
Good point but if you mention the devils name when something goes bad that means you believe in Christianity which means you're religous because satan is the main aversary of God right?

Yes that's right, but i figured you would get my point, so i let that one out.
Obviously I cant be evil and "good" at the same time:P
anyways, I think we both know it's way more complicated than that, so i think I'll stop there because im debating the "for/against abortion" topic in another forum :lol: j/k
you catch my drift;)

c.a.p
09-18-2006, 19:57
I'm an Atheist. I used to believe there could be a god of some kind, but the more I thought into it, the more I doubted it. I just don't believe a god exists.

SolidSnakeUS
09-18-2006, 19:59
I am a Baptist Christian, however I don't take it too seriously. I do believe there is a higher being and I believe that Jesus Christ was our savior, but hey, that's really it, I don't follow much else from the religion.

hypermaniac85
09-18-2006, 20:15
I believe in GOD because I believe, or I hope, that there is an after life. But a lot of people do take religion way, way , way to seriously.

Axe&Hammer
09-18-2006, 20:20
All religon are the same,based on the belief or faith in/of a higher power or plain of exsistance..I find religion a waste of time for true enlightenment or accepetance is found within not from outside thoughts,for faith should never get you power,nor should power ever get you faith.

Soviet635
09-18-2006, 21:21
I don't believe in any God or religion, it just sounds stupid to me. Belief in something that has absolutely no solid proof of existing is hard for me to understand. It's all a load of crap IMO.

Svetlana
09-18-2006, 21:30
I really get the feeling that this thread is going to transgress into a horrible 46 page long there is a god/there is no god debate. Haven't all PS3Forums threads that are even slightly related to religion ended up being a gigantic slanging match?

Ubersnuber
09-18-2006, 21:33
I really get the feeling that this thread is going to transgress into a horrible 46 page long there is a god/there is no god debate. Haven't all PS3Forums threads that are even slightly related to religion ended up being a gigantic slanging match?

I suspected that would happen, that's why I ended it.
Abortion and religion are 2 topics i don't debate :lol:

Firefox
09-18-2006, 21:35
by the way, the poll should be saying:
"Christianity
Sikhism
Judaism:"

Shadow
09-18-2006, 21:37
This thread is going to turnn into a god thread which was really wack the last few times.

SolidSnakeUS
09-18-2006, 21:46
Well just hope that no one formally tries to come onto this topic and declare a Jihad on someone, that would be bad. Sorry, I had to make some kind of joke for this topic.

KingJordan
09-18-2006, 21:51
I am a Baptist Christian, however I don't take it too seriously. I do believe there is a higher being and I believe that Jesus Christ was our savior, but hey, that's really it, I don't follow much else from the religion.

This is basically what I was going to post right here already posted by SolidSnakeUS. ;)

Shadow
09-18-2006, 21:55
Oh i forgot to post what i am. Am a chritian.

Nyarlathotep
09-18-2006, 22:13

let me guess.

Oh my God

God help us

God bless America

see my point it may not be a specific religion but your're religous none the less. :wink:Not with me. Usually my response involves the F word with no acknowlegement of any gods, ie; f---ing hell.

I notice pagan and agnostic are missing from the list.

christianpachon
09-19-2006, 00:02
I am of Manchester united FC The Religion

Playstation P:3
09-19-2006, 00:06
I'm an Atheist, I focus on science and normal logic.
I have a hard time understanding what I can't see, blindly-believing in something is a big no no to me.
Although I respect other peoples religion of course, as long that it doesn't go against normal behavior.

Can you see the wind, or oxygen, or carbon monoxide.

Me, I'm an Episopal-Christian

Fallout Boy
09-19-2006, 00:15

let me guess.

Oh my God

God help us

God bless America

Thats a pretty big assumption, the first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw September 11 can't be repeated because of the swear filter.

Blu-Ray
09-19-2006, 00:51
I'm christian, although I not really a religous person. Yes, I belive in God, and yes, Jesus is my savior.

Playablestation
09-19-2006, 01:29
I chose christian, although my religion is lutheran. Lutheran is a Sub-Christian Religion.

Carsonal
09-19-2006, 01:32
Spiritualist.
Not associated with any particular religion

Dead_EyeRO720
09-19-2006, 04:01
Christian. My family is a mixture of Catholic, Unitarian, Protestant and Russian Orthodox. There could be more, those are the ones I can remember offhand.

I'm not a church-goer but I know there's something bigger than us out there, and I know why I believe it.

ps3isawesome
09-20-2006, 03:04
i have no religion and not tryin to be mean but go% isnt real if you didnt know

ninjaboy
09-20-2006, 03:33
Whether God is real or not is up to you to decide, I'm not religious, but I do have a personal relationship with God and I believe that Jesus is my savior. I can't stand religion.

Waldie
09-20-2006, 03:44
I'm another Baptist. I believe in God and that Jesus died for our sins, all the good stuff. Like probably any thinking, reasoning being I've had my doubts and uncertainties in the past, but there are reasons that I believe what I do, beyond just that I was brought up that way.

For example, the more I learn about science, the more I believe in God. Could there be as much symmetry and as many patterns throughout nature and in the very fabric of our existence if it all was a big accident? Just think about how many things had to go right, how many variables had to be completely exact in order for life to be sustained on our planet. The sheer number of things that would have resulted in life never being created on Earth is just mindboggling. Some people may think that it's impossible for God to exist, but I believe that it's impossible for there not to be a God, there's no way we are all just a random occurence.

Of course, everyone has a right to disagree, so be my guest.

Scythe
09-20-2006, 09:15

let me guess.

Oh my God

God help us

God bless America

see my point it may not be a specific religion but your're religous none the less. :wink:Thats a large an incorrect assumtion.
Firstly if the term god has been included in a national anthem (e.g. god save the queen) by being patriotic and/or singing the anthem it does not mean you believe in god it just means you support your country, you don't have the power to change the anthem that was written many many years ago by pro-christians.

Secondly words can be used in situations merely as an expletive. By your logic, applying your "god" thought process, if 2 males are having an argument and one says "F**k you" to the other, that male is actually stating that he subconsiously wants to take the other male home and have sex with him which is an absurd notion.

Anyway, I believe in a god ... I just don't believe in religion. The kingdom of god is inside you and all around you, not in buildings made of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me, lift a stone and I am there. I don't need some pompous git telling me what I should and shouldn't do (usually involving giving money to the church) and HOW to interpret gods will. Why does their opinion and interpretation mean any more than mine? Because they WORK for the church? Some of the most evil deeds in history have been done by people who work for the church so no, I don't think so. I don't need to go to a church to be lectured by some priest in order to get close to my god.
God does not = church and vice versa, this applies to all religions.

MiNiMaL_sAnItY
09-20-2006, 11:09
I am an atheist, but I chose hinduism as my parents are hindu.

roosters93
09-20-2006, 11:35
Well I don't know what I am.
I went to a Catholic primary school, and visited Church quite a bit... but now, I hardly ever go. (Only when I am forced to)

I guess you could class me as no religion at the moment.

Dead_EyeRO720
09-21-2006, 01:27
i have no religion and not tryin to be mean but go% isnt real if you didnt know
There's no definitive proof either way in case you didn't know.

StrikeMaster Ice
09-21-2006, 01:46
I guess I'm a Bhuddist, but I don't go to temple or anything.

alexandra23
09-21-2006, 02:10
i am catholic.
i go to a catholic high school.
i went to a catholic grade school.
i think i believe in God,
i mean i feel guilty when i deny him,
but im not to sure at the moment actually.

Bitbydeath
09-21-2006, 05:53
i got none.. what's the bet that this thread ends up turning into a religion fight fest

If i had to choose one i'd choose to be a buddist cuz DBZ ROCKS!!!

unity
09-21-2006, 08:13
no religion. i dont need a crutch to fall back on.

Phaeochromoctyoma
09-21-2006, 08:35
I'm a practising muslim...I am also one of the executive members of the Abrahamic Interfaith group for this city i'm studying in. I work with both christians and jews and we have sporting activities together. if we have to discuss controversial and thorny issues like the Palestinian and Isreli conflict , we always respect each others opinions. Its kinda like talking about the PS3 and Xbox 360. hehehe. I have nothing against people of other religions or without religions and I don't support terrorism.

girlgamer1984
09-21-2006, 08:46
I'm a muslim and I believe in God, end of discussion.

Logo
09-21-2006, 09:02
Wow. I'm suprised at how many say "No religion". This generation is losing it's faith.

I myself am a private practicing Christian (Catholic/Protestant parents). I love me some God, the greatest artist of all time. ;)

dakilla13
09-21-2006, 14:34
I am an atheist, but I chose hinduism as my parents are hindu.

Exactly the same, I don't agree with half the things my parents do and they are Hindu.