PDA

View Full Version : PS3 (Hurry up or take your time)

Evolution
07-25-2004, 16:49
I would be willing to go as far as 2008 if it meant me getting the ultimate gaming experience. While I am waiting for the PS3 I will be playing the X-Box 2 to get rid of the time. What about you?
The poll doesnt matter at all as its self explainitory. What you post is more interesting.

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 16:57
I voted for them to take thier time cause that way they can see the other console specs and make thiers better accordingly but not too long, 2007 is the latest they should take not any longer than that :)

The more time they have on thier hands the more they will be able to make it better (unless thier as lazy as we are, sit at a desk and drink coffee all day and pointlessly chat with one-another :mrgreen:)

I'm really looking forward to a HUGE SHOCK! from it, so it better be good!

Nah I don't think I is gona buy a Xbox 2 cause I is had enuf of Xbox n it's crappy games no offence though :D

Evolution
07-25-2004, 17:24
I'm really looking forward to a HUGE SHOCK! from it, so it better be good!

Thats the problem, their piling all the pressure on sony to create the ultimate games machine and what if it doesnt match peoples expetations, the playstation craze would disappear like a fart in the wind if another console was to totally out class it. oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for :? um

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 17:24
I believe a 2006 release will be fine, and anyway they will launch the console when it makes most business sense for them
but evo what do you think the ultimate gaming experience is and how will we get it?

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 17:52
oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for :? um

Not that I remember off :wink: but whats wrong with that anyway? :?

but evo what do you think the ultimate gaming experience is and how will we get it?

I think that will be virtual reality and real life graphics. That would be some truly different gaming experience :wink:

We could get it if Sony spend enough money and research on it, look at the eye toy, we are getting closer to virtual reality :wink:

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 17:56
oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for :? um

Not that I remember off :wink: but whats wrong with that anyway? :?

I think that will be virtual reality and real life graphics. That would be some truly different gaming experience :wink:

We could get it if Sony spend enough money and research on it, look at the eye toy, we are getting closer to virtual reality :wink:
i think it will be a gaming device that connects directly wirelessly straight into your brain (like in the SCEA adverts when the ps2 launched if anyone saw them). something like that anyway

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 17:58
i think it will be a gaming device that connects directly wirelessly straight into your brain (like in the SCEA adverts when the ps2 launched if anyone saw them). something like that anyway

Ummm no :( , that would be kinda scary I would think :( not a good many people would approach a game console like that lol :lol:

Evolution
07-25-2004, 18:01
Just imagine, youre playing a boxing game and you can really feel the pain. Woulnt that be something like in the matrix.

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 18:01

Ummm no :( , that would be kinda scary I would think :( not a good many people would approach a game console like that lol :lol:
i know, I have put a lot of thought into it and its the public confidence that will hold us back for a long time. damn public

edit : evo i think that things like actual pain would have to be left out, or kept to a small amount, maybe with the option to turn it on or off.
and yes once a mmo is made for this tech it will be like the matrix accept everybody will know about it and will be paying for it etc etc and wouldn’t that be soo cool and fun

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 18:07
I have an idea what about a shock system enabled into the hand controller. Example when you stuff up or something in game you recieve a small charge of electricity, just a small little shock that...

Evolution
07-25-2004, 18:11
Like you have a vibration intensity on some ps2 games you could have a pain intensity level. that would be cool. just imagine plying metal gear solid 1 where ocelots torturing snake and he has to try to hang on. You are actually getting electric shocks through your body and you have to decide whether to hang on or forfit in which you would of just killed meryl.

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 18:13
Like you have a vibration intensity on some ps2 games you could have a pain intensity level. that would be cool. just imagine plying metal gear solid 1 where ocelots torturing snake and he has to try to hang on. You are actually getting electric shocks through your body and you have to decide whether to hang on or forfit in which you would of just killed meryl.

Did you even bother to read my previous post? :| please do so if you havn't :wink:

I didn't mean that powerfull, just a small little electric shock like the feeling of a sharp pin touching your skin or something like that :wink:

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 18:14
funny that you say that because plenty of console modders have already modded their controllers to do just that.

PlayStation 3
07-25-2004, 18:16
funny that you say that because plenty of console modders have already modded their controllers to do just that.
Hmmm interesting I never knew that, wierd :| yah will I'm not happy with modifications and stuff I want it officially to be in the PS3 :wink:

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 18:21
Hmmm interesting I never knew that, wierd :| yah will I'm not happy with modifications and stuff I want it officially to be in the PS3 :wink:
yea but people would start using it in perverse ways :wink: :lol:

Evolution
07-25-2004, 18:23
I want a new eyetoy for the ps3 with a better picture. Also i want some serious eyetoy games, not party games for crying outloud, theres only one game like this coming eyetoy and thats antigarv. i posted about it in another topic. You stand infromt of the eyetoy with coloured armbands and gloves and it puts your body movements onto a character that looks like a futuristic prince of persia. You are on some kind of skate board but its hovering. if youve ever played airblade youll know what im talking about

gaming ultima
07-25-2004, 18:37
I want a new eyetoy for the ps3 with a better picture. Also i want some serious eyetoy games, not party games for crying outloud, theres only one game like this coming eyetoy and thats antigarv. i posted about it in another topic. You stand infromt of the eyetoy with coloured armbands and gloves and it puts your body movements onto a character that looks like a futuristic prince of persia. You are on some kind of skate board but its hovering. if youve ever played airblade youll know what im talking about
http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/
you will like that

Evolution
07-25-2004, 18:47
http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/
you will like that
you are right, i did like that. I certainly hope it happens although you would look like a right divvy sitting there waving youre hands up and down to control an inventory screen but who gives a crap, id love that feature to be on the PS3.

Blake
07-25-2004, 21:01
Playstation 3, someone has to say it. Constant use of smilies in every post is completely annoying, useless and shows a lack of maturity. Only use them when it really requires it, seriously I want to think your on crack everytime you post.

Now as for the PS3. 2006 is problly the latest Im willing to wait. Assuming the Xbox 2 will be out ahead of the PS3 I will be purchasing it first to pass the time untill PS3 does arrive.

Evolution
07-25-2004, 21:04
Ive already asked him that and he answered me with more smilies.

The_One
07-25-2004, 22:45
There's no need for Sony to rush the PS3. Sony have said that they are ahead of schedule. So I see no reason for them to rush things.

gaming ultima
07-26-2004, 19:21
There's no need for Sony to rush the PS3. Sony have said that they are ahead of schedule. So I see no reason for them to rush things.
there not and no one's asking them 2. besides they have said plenty of times they will bring it out when they have planned regardless of what the competition does
2006 seems like a good bet to me

Seb
07-26-2004, 19:29
Sony should take their time. It's their biggest advantage. More time should equal a better console. However too much time and they might give Microsoft too bigger lead. Its a fine balancing act, which I'm sure Sony will balance very well.

PlayStation 3
07-27-2004, 13:38

Ok and what do you mean bu that? Please explain yourself. Really, seriously explain what you meant by saying that :|

Viktor
07-28-2004, 19:00
Just imagine, youre playing a boxing game and you can really feel the pain. Woulnt that be something like in the matrix.

What if you were playing a driving game like a rally game and you suddenly have a huge crash and you can't walk because of the pain for days, lol

gaming ultima
07-28-2004, 21:34

Ok and what do you mean bu that? Please explain yourself. Really, seriously explain what you meant by saying that :|
you will understand when your older

Melodious
07-28-2004, 22:07
evo i think that things like actual pain would have to be left out, or kept to a small amount, maybe with the option to turn it on or off.

Pain is only an illusion. The sense of feeling is what's real. So if you turned "pain" off, then you would become completely numb (basically paralyzed), and wouldn't be able to feel what your hitting. But whatever, we know nothing of the future and what we will be capable of then.

gaming ultima
07-28-2004, 22:55
a game that runs on a console that hooks up directly to your brain could have you say hit in a boxing match and you would feel it but you would feel no pain

Melodious
07-29-2004, 02:38
a game that runs on a console that hooks up directly to your brain could have you say hit in a boxing match and you would feel it but you would feel no pain

You still don't get what I said. Try thinking deeper.

Evolution
07-29-2004, 09:54
I dont understand what youre saying. It kind out sounds like something to do with the matrix in what you just said.

mozilla
07-31-2004, 07:57
ide rateher wate so sony can make a kick ass new console.

PlayStation 3
07-31-2004, 12:35
ide rateher wate so sony can make a kick ass new console.True same here but no longer than 2006 or at the latest early, early 2007.

But what happens if M$ decides to release a new console by then? could happen you know ...

Hopefully Sony has planed about that ...

Blake
07-31-2004, 19:10
M$ is already planning to have their console released before the PS3...that's no secret.

Seb
07-31-2004, 20:19
Yea Microsoft would be deeply annoyed with themselves if they didn't release XB2 before PS3. And 2007 for PS3? Thats not very likely. Only if Cell flops in production would that happen.

richjwild
08-01-2004, 00:01

Seb
08-01-2004, 00:04
sony should take their time, ps2 still has alot of life left in it, graphics and games are getting better and more advanced still, so id say 2007 for the perfect for the ps3

Fair enough, but PS2 sales are declining. PS2 is moving into its decline stage of life now, so it makes sense for Sony to get the replacement out as soon as possible. I still think 2006 is the best time for Sony to release the PS3 and I'm fairly confident that's when it will be coming out. PS2 will continue to sell even well into PS3's life. I'm sure PSone still shift a few units now and then. :wink:

Boomer51
08-31-2004, 16:47
I say take their time also because I've read that the cell may not be manufactured until a year after PS3 is released.

Evolution
08-31-2004, 17:24
I say take their time also because I've read that the cell may not be manufactured until a year after PS3 is released.

That statement doesnt make sense. Does it?

don_milz
08-31-2004, 17:50
I'm not sure but maybe he meant this:

"I say take their time also because I've read that the cell may not be manufactured until a year after PS3 was scheduled for release."

But even that statement is false, because cell manufacture is under way as we speak, and the first cell product should arrive this year (Workstation).

Blake
08-31-2004, 19:54
The Cell will be in the PS3, thats it's main purpose.

gaming ultima
09-01-2004, 04:24
The Cell will be in the PS3, thats it's main purpose.
naw the cell's main purpose is to form a giant AI brain to takeover the world :wink:
and yes test production of the STI cell variants started a while ago, commercial manufacture should start later this year

bob05
11-04-2004, 00:25
:) :D why poll

Blake
11-04-2004, 01:37
bobo, the max avy size is 100 by 100, you need to resize yours.

Colin
11-05-2004, 03:50
That pisses me off when people say things like, "The X-Box has crappy games." Granted, like every system it has its crap. But the screw every other system other than my favorite is stupid. Think back to the debut of the ps1, it was ten times better the N64. But the N64 had some of the best games ever, both of the Zelda games on the system. So I will be buying both X-box 2 and Ps3, just cause both will have good games.

heerokenshin
05-15-2006, 09:27
On most of the news articles, after the headline there is a line with "By" on it with no name, and after the article it was the authors name, looks pretty tacky

ps3 Wanna be
05-15-2006, 09:49
This is true for some of the first articles on the new site, but the bug has been fixed so it shouldn't occur anymore.

Rebon
05-15-2006, 13:25
As Bhav said, this is only for older articles. All new ones won't have this problem. It's not worth going through the old ones and changing them.

JstuFly
04-15-2008, 00:48
Wow! A brief glimpse into the past!
Its really interesting reading posts as far back as this!!!

TAZ427
04-15-2008, 01:00
Well glad that the 'long wait' suggested of being in 2007 and even 2008 for the release didn't come true. Solid product and end of 2006 was good.

TAZ427

effer
04-15-2008, 01:46
wow! a thread from the dead...

Lionel Hutz
04-15-2008, 02:31
wow! a thread from the dead...Nice one. How about:

A blast from the past.

Genesis-
04-15-2008, 02:40
Where am i.......? DAMN YOU DOC!!

Lionel Hutz
04-15-2008, 02:46
Where am i.......? DAMN YOU DOC!!Just find some more trash to power that De Lorean DMC-12 and you can come back to modern times. (And I have a surprise for you when you get here - the PS3 has finally been released!)

the_End
04-15-2008, 02:47
Holy ****!!! 2004 DAMN! Hmm.....what was I doing in 2004 at this time? Ahh who cares.

Maaz
04-15-2008, 02:53
wooow so old why bump it?

Guitargamer567
04-15-2008, 03:03

dude that would be sweet but think about the lawsuits!! lmao

Guitargamer567
04-15-2008, 03:04
lol xbox 2 eh? well the 360 relly is "xbox 2" lolz.