PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With New 360!

TheRaceBegins
12-18-2006, 04:02
I hooked up everything turn it on and it stays at the start up screen for about 30 secs and then it says theres a problem and to go to xbox.com/support (tried that). There is ONE ring section lit up when it goes to the ring of fire. THE SYSTEM IS BRAND NEW.

PLEASE HELP.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/tannercallander/2006_1217Image0002.jpg

Immortal_Daemon
12-18-2006, 04:15
Section 4 is flashing red
- Hardware Failure
/ \
\ /

The Specific Type of hardware failure can be determined by the error code displayed on the screen.

E65: DVD (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726#) Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc.

E67: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable.

Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- The AV cable cannot be detected
/ \
\ /

THINGS TO TRY
Make sure that the AV cable is correctly connected to the Xbox 360 console.
Disconnect the AV cable from the Xbox 360 console, and then reconnect the AV cable to the Xbox 360 console.
If the four flashing red lights continue to flash, try wiping the metal area of the AV pack with a dry cloth. The metal area is the end that plugs into the console. Wipe the metal area thoroughly, and then try the AV Pack again.
If the AV cable is correctly connected but the four red lights are still flashing, substitute a different AV cable if you have one available.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

TheRaceBegins
12-18-2006, 04:23
Section 4 is flashing red
- Hardware Failure
/ \
\ /

The Specific Type of hardware failure can be determined by the error code displayed on the screen.

E65: DVD (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726#) Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc.

E67: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable.

Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- The AV cable cannot be detected
/ \
\ /

THINGS TO TRY

Make sure that the AV cable is correctly connected to the Xbox 360 console.
Disconnect the AV cable from the Xbox 360 console, and then reconnect the AV cable to the Xbox 360 console.
If the four flashing red lights continue to flash, try wiping the metal area of the AV pack with a dry cloth. The metal area is the end that plugs into the console. Wipe the metal area thoroughly, and then try the AV Pack again.
If the AV cable is correctly connected but the four red lights are still flashing, substitute a different AV cable if you have one available.http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm
THANKS!
anyway I works without the hard drive, but when I put it on it messes up again.
Should I replace it? or what? updates?

G_H_G
12-18-2006, 04:25
Take it back to the store and get it replaced.

TheRaceBegins
12-18-2006, 04:28
Take it back to the store and get it replaced.
Ill probly have to do that, but I would much rather just have a miracle happen and figure it out.

bluvi69
12-18-2006, 04:30
if it works without the Harddrive
then the x360 it self is OK

and maybe you can try reattach the harddrive again, and check it out maybe there is something on the harddrive connector.
if still not work then the harddrive unit maybe broken

anyway what error code on screen when you try to boot up with the harddrive ?

DMB14
12-18-2006, 04:32
That's crappy luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

G_H_G
12-18-2006, 04:33
Ill probly have to do that, but I would much rather just have a miracle happen and figure it out.

Trust me dude, then time you'll take to try and sort it you could have a replacement unit and be playing it. You have a DOA system, thats all. Those sorts of things happen sometimes.

TheRaceBegins
12-18-2006, 04:39
if it works without the Harddrive
then the x360 it self is OK

and maybe you can try reattach the harddrive again, and check it out maybe there is something on the harddrive connector.
if still not work then the harddrive unit maybe broken

anyway what error code on screen when you try to boot up with the harddrive ?
e67 ....................

Please do not post under the 5 word limit. - Keesie

noble
12-18-2006, 04:46
Did you go on Live and download the fall update?

It bricked two of my systems and I had to return them.

They said it's since been worked out, but you never know ;)

bluvi69
12-18-2006, 04:48
E67 = Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

if you already try above suggestion, then maybe your harddrive is broken, try looking one more time to the connector, maybe something blocking it.

garyfitz
12-18-2006, 04:51
If it's not a connection mistake I'd replace it pronto. Even if you fix it now, it'll probably conk out in a few months time. Harddrive error sounds serious enough

TheRaceBegins
12-18-2006, 04:54
If it's not a connection mistake I'd replace it pronto. Even if you fix it now, it'll probably conk out in a few months time. Harddrive error sounds serious enough
yea im gonna replace it asap

Versa
12-18-2006, 05:13
Had the same problem with my first 360, I was devastated. Get it replaced and get online!

MSU_4life
12-18-2006, 07:52
I guess you bought one of those supposed 360's that were left behind before they brought out the
"good" batches :rolleyes:.

Hope things work out though. I'd really return that.

I'm sorry for being civil before... but you truly are a heartless troll aren't you?...

Sounds like he needs to return the hard drive not the damn console.

Last time I give you the benefit of the doubt.

P.S. good luck man!

Xaor
12-18-2006, 12:12
Though I'd never wish it on anyone, Naruto does have some form of a point... Its irony.. yah?

@TRB Unlucky dude. Hope you get it better so you can start playin' :)

justsayin
12-18-2006, 12:35
If your brand new 360 doesn't work, then definately exchange it. There is no use trying to rig up a solution for something that has a fault. What if you make it work for just long enough to go out of warrenty? Just get a new one.

Sorry about your luck, man. Hope you enjoy your new 360.

MikeAaronB
12-18-2006, 12:39
I love how narutoboy and MSU_4life hi-jacked this guy's thread.

Four words: Private messages next time.

Optimo
12-18-2006, 13:21
Ok instead of making a new thread I hope it would be alright for me to ask my questions here. I also bought a 360 yesterday took advantage of the Toys R Us deal with the $100 gift card. So far I've been having a great time playing Gears of War co-op online and VS mode also even though I suck at it for now. Gonna be hard to try and balance my time between this and Resistance online but I'll find some way to do it. But my questions are -

1) What's MS warranty without buying their extended warranty and I heard depending on the date when your system was made the warranty is extended for it or they repair it for free is anything goes wrong? What is the cut off date if there is any truth to this? Mine was made in June 06 it says on the back of the console and the system box has pictures of the launch games.

2) I get a lot of "You have lost connection to the host" or something like that while trying to connect to VS games on Gears of War and I had one message pop up during a online game saying "Your connection became unstable and to press B to exit game" not the exact message but you guys know what I mean. What could be causing this? I think my Comcast cable is pretty good since I have never had anything happen like this while on PS3. Not saying it's because of the 360 but a solution to fix these minor problems would be nice.

3) I was quite suprised how loud 360 was but this shouldn't be nothing to worry about right?

4) Anyone have any recommendations for other good multiplayer games for online thats not a sports,racing, or fps title?

5) Is the wireless headset made by MS any good or should I just stick with the one that came with the 360?

Overall though I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the 360 :mrgreen: , Gears of War is really fun and quite a different online expirience from the 40 player Resistance games online which I find a blast also. Plus I'm just amazed with how Gears looks on my HDTV. I just hope I got a good 360 system since I did not buy a extended warranty *knock on wood*. Now I just need to save up and get a Wii to put in the middle of my PS3 and 360 on my entertainment center shelf. Thanks in advance if anyone can help answer my questions.

justintheman99
12-18-2006, 14:22
Wow thats bad luck right there......just return it and get a new one and see you online! :wink:

X2
12-18-2006, 14:39
2) I get a lot of "You have lost connection to the host" or something like that while trying to connect to VS games on Gears of War and I had one message pop up during a online game saying "Your connection became unstable and to press B to exit game" not the exact message but you guys know what I mean. What could be causing this? I think my Comcast cable is pretty good since I have never had anything happen like this while on PS3. Not saying it's because of the 360 but a solution to fix these minor problems would be nice.

It's not your connection. The only time you will get that is if the room is full that you are trying to join or the host of that room left and the room doesn't exist anymore.

As far as the connection being unstable press B. That to comes down to the host, if their connection is stronger enough it effects the whole room. Some times when people leave during matches it occurs to.

Fishface
12-18-2006, 15:31
dont have it standing it block on of the main vents and makes the thing break.