PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

DigitalRemedy
12-25-2006, 07:41
Hey guys, so I don't feel like shelling out much for a damn next-gen system, and I was thinking of just purchasing an 360, but only the $300 one (the core I believe). Now, I am not hardcore or anything, I like to play some games, maybe try some demo's, so would this be a worthy purchase or is the Premium one really that worth it? I mean, I have a PS2, and never having a hard drive is just fine to me...

Linkedscorpion
12-25-2006, 08:04
if you want to even think about demos. you have to get the premium. but you can get the core and sacrifice the demoes and still online and such but you gotta get a memory card

cypherkin
12-25-2006, 09:02
if you want to even think about demos. you have to get the premium. but you can get the core and sacrifice the demoes and still online and such but you gotta get a memory card

yup totally, and also when u start going online - trust me u would start thinking - damn i should have gotten a premium. So, just go with the premium, and enjoy yourself - its a great system :P .

DigitalRemedy
12-25-2006, 09:44
Ahh, alright, thank you for your input both of you, I think I will probably pick one up Tuesday after Christmas, and probably get Gears of War...

Vampirtc
12-25-2006, 10:39
Buy a used Premium and I'm sure you can get it for 300.

Carsonal
12-25-2006, 10:48
I can understand not wanting to spend much, but its still better to get the premium.
The Wireless remote, hard drive, component cables, and remote (or) headset are well worth the extra 100 dollars.

unr3stricted
12-25-2006, 11:38
I can understand not wanting to spend much, but its still better to get the premium.
The Wireless remote, hard drive, component cables, and remote (or) headset are well worth the extra 100 dollars.

Especially since you will need a HDD or memory card anyways... in the end its only $60 more than the Core, but has that much more functionality.

Vampirtc
12-25-2006, 12:10
Especially since you will need a HDD or memory card anyways... in the end its only $60 more than the Core, but has that much more functionality.

Oh and you don't get a HD cable as far as I know (not that you get one with PS3 thought).

So the Core is only for those that don't have broadband internet access, have a standard SDTV and wanna save about 50$ since you do need the memory card for saving which is a must.

Fishface
12-25-2006, 12:33
the memory card will cost as much as a 360 premium plus u get headset 20gig HD and a wireless controller. its a no brainer get the premium.

LevelheadedGamer
12-25-2006, 13:12
Hey guys, so I don't feel like shelling out much for a damn next-gen system, and I was thinking of just purchasing an 360, but only the $300 one (the core I believe). Now, I am not hardcore or anything, I like to play some games, maybe try some demo's, so would this be a worthy purchase or is the Premium one really that worth it? I mean, I have a PS2, and never having a hard drive is just fine to me...

Thats a classic line right there. *goes into sarcasm mode* so, i wanna buy a ferrari but i only want to pay for a toyota. Im sorry but you either bite the bullet and put your wallet where your mouth is or wait for these damn next gen consoles to become affordable.:rolleyes:

twistedfirestarter
12-25-2006, 13:59
Thats a classic line right there. *goes into sarcasm mode* so, i wanna buy a ferrari but i only want to pay for a toyota. Im sorry but you either bite the bullet and put your wallet where your mouth is or wait for these damn next gen consoles to become affordable.:rolleyes:

I'm going for this option. I'd never buy a next-gen console straight at the time when they'd come out. I can hold off for a year or 2 or at least until the games I want come out (as in the case in 2002 when I got my ps2 with the newly released FFX and MGS2).

G_H_G
12-25-2006, 14:09
Save some extra money and get the premium. You wont regret it.

mm04
12-25-2006, 14:41
Just buy a premium at Toys R Us and get the free $100 gift card with it OR buy one at Best Buy and price match Toys R Us. They'll give you $100 off on the spot AND you get a free game. I've seen it happen a couple of times this last week. Your mileage my vary, I suppose.

mm04

QuickSilverD
12-25-2006, 15:00
quit dickin' around and just get a ps3 :rolleyes:

Uhm, Your username is "Banned!" I wonder how long will it take you to get Banned!

twistedfirestarter
12-25-2006, 15:19

Easier said than done, mate.

DOGG
12-25-2006, 15:20
By god, is it worth it? Every single penny.

SharkBait1980
12-25-2006, 16:41
Worth every single penny. I have never had so much fun on a console. The 360 has redefined console gaming for me.

coolguy
12-25-2006, 16:50
i had the core 360 and i was really happy with it.
i dont about xbox live and down loading demos.
so get the core and have fun with it.
i got rid of mine so i can get a PS3.

Tibiquera
12-25-2006, 18:58
If you buy core, you'll definitely want to buy a memory card which is 40 or 50 bucks. Just spend an extra 50 bucks and get the premium version and you won't regret. Or enjoy your ps2 a bit more and wait for a price drop.

PsychoMantis
12-25-2006, 20:06
Your better off getting a premium because, unless theres a sale, the HDD is $99.99 so you going to spend about the same amount of money either way it goes. If your intrested in xbox live premium comes with all the stuff you need (cept a high speed connection witch is needed).

coolguy
12-25-2006, 20:09
yup sepnd the ex 50 and u get a hard drive and a wireless controller

skulpt
12-25-2006, 20:23
Never ever get the Core. You'll need a memory card, and can't get demos off the Internet. There's just way more value in the Premium package, and games are more and more relying on HD cache-ing data to speed things up.

Get a Premium from the start, and you won't have to pay (I mean play) catchup later.

Brian

Carsonal
12-26-2006, 10:37
Worth every single penny. I have never had so much fun on a console. The 360 has redefined console gaming for me.

Same, its kinda like a buffet of fun.
There hasnt been a single day that i havent played it since i got it 30 days ago.

pascale
12-27-2006, 04:58

He's looking for an affordable option...

Einz
12-27-2006, 06:09
just buy a DS Lite... its mad fun! Seriously! Touchscreen = next-gen too

Killller
12-27-2006, 06:16
100$ More for the premium really isn't that much money... I'd say definently go for the premium, the core is a waste of time.