PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Tven
12-13-2011, 22:42
was good to see Lita, looking awesome.........even tho the divas division is a shadow of its former self and shes probably glad to not be a part of it. altho i miss her presence in wwe, she could really shake things up, but as ppl have said above she was screwed over in '06 the night of her last match.

but had to lol at cena recieving that earlier award for game changer, and getting no reaction from the crowd haha

p.s. i watch raw on youtube as i dont have sky anymore, i cudnt find the end of punk/orton v miz/del rio, what happened to punk that he cudnt get his main slammy personally?

The Cage
12-13-2011, 23:26
was good to see Lita, looking awesome.........even tho the divas division is a shadow of its former self and shes probably glad to not be a part of it. altho i miss her presence in wwe, she could really shake things up, but as ppl have said above she was screwed over in '06 the night of her last match.

but had to lol at cena recieving that earlier award for game changer, and getting no reaction from the crowd haha

p.s. i watch raw on youtube as i dont have sky anymore, i cudnt find the end of punk/orton v miz/del rio, what happened to punk that he cudnt get his main slammy personally?

miz and alberto beat him up with a ladder

Yuuichi
12-17-2011, 01:28
Aww apparently Punk and Beth are no longer dating sad. Skipping smackdown tonight. Really do not want to see Bryan lose again.

XMW
12-17-2011, 21:18
TLC tomorrow night. WWE expects the lowest buyrate of the year for this PPV, and looking at the card I'm expecting the same, the card is not really appealing to me. The only matches I'm looking forward to are HHH vs Nash and the ME. The rest of the card is looking Capitol Punishment bad.

Molo316
12-18-2011, 02:23
Punk and Beth apparently stopped dating some time ago now. Apparently it became apparent when she stopped following him on Twitter or something.

Anyway, regarding tomorrow, I don't even think Super Cena has a match at the PPV.

The Cage
12-18-2011, 05:44
Punk and Beth apparently stopped dating some time ago now. Apparently it became apparent when she stopped following him on Twitter or something.

Anyway, regarding tomorrow, I don't even think Super Cena has a match at the PPV.

Good!, i Hate him!

anyways, can't wait till the PPV :D

Yuuichi
12-18-2011, 05:52
There is talk he may sneak into main event some how. I hope not.

XMW
12-18-2011, 22:08
TLC tonight.. Let's get through this pointless filler PPV quick so we can get to the Road To WrestleMania already!

Molo316
12-19-2011, 02:13
I read earlier that they were going to do the WHC match first, so people were speculating a cash-in or something. So much for that.

Screw Zack Ryder :p

Yuuichi
12-19-2011, 02:19
Woo woo woo you know it!!!

Molo316
12-19-2011, 02:54
:lol: As they say in the UK, Teddy Long is a G...m! He's been hilarious tonight, and slightly non-PG.

Yuuichi
12-19-2011, 04:03
I knew I had a feeling about tonight. This is either good or bad.

Molo316
12-19-2011, 05:26
Who did Daniel Bryan say "it was for" when he was speaking to the camera?

XMW
12-19-2011, 15:43
Who did Daniel Bryan say "it was for" when he was speaking to the camera?

I couldnt really hear it either but I assume it's for the people who believed in him since his ROH days.

http://p.twimg.com/Ag_961WCQAAhzSO.jpg

claud3
12-19-2011, 15:56
missed TLC.. But caught up on the news of what happened and a new World heavyweight champion twice, the bigshow first and then daniel Bryan.... Nice one, but he has opened a path of being the number one target and will not have the title long

Yuuichi
12-19-2011, 16:42
Word is Henry is injured. After last night we may see Big Show Heel turn. I can not picture Bryan doing it.

Molo316
12-19-2011, 18:30
I couldnt really hear it either but I assume it's for the people who believed in him since his ROH days.

http://p.twimg.com/Ag_961WCQAAhzSO.jpgAh, very well.

Word is Henry is injured. After last night we may see Big Show Heel turn. I can not picture Bryan doing it.
Yeah, apparently Henry went to the hospital after Raw last week to have his leg examined, so it sounds right.

I'm surprised there was no appearance at all from Cena. Apparently he wanted to let the light be on others, which is admirable. Just surprising that the WWE themselves didn't stick him on TV for anything.
But tonight he's scheduled to get a Kane rivalry in full swing.

XMW
12-19-2011, 20:56

I hope we're getting a Daniel Bryan heel turn. He was awesome as a heel in ROH, he had a great heel run there, so I'm hoping he can do the same in WWE.

Yuuichi
12-19-2011, 21:34
I hope we're getting a Daniel Bryan heel turn. He was awesome as a heel in ROH, he had a great heel run there, so I'm hoping he can do the same in WWE.

Then looking forward to if they heel turn him. I will still support him.

The Cage
12-19-2011, 23:34
TLC was kind of good last night...

I think we will see Kane vs Henry soon

Yuuichi
12-20-2011, 05:07
Good raw. It feels like a new era. I hope it is.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

The Cage
12-20-2011, 09:38
Good raw. It feels like a new era. I hope it is.

yeah, also i think after kane is done with henry he'll go after the title

Molo316
12-20-2011, 15:43
I actually wanted Kane to come out and chokeslam all three of the guys at the start of the show to be honest.

claud3
12-20-2011, 16:15
kane is back and the time has come for the undertaker to come back. I see brother vs brother and then a tag team, leading up to a month before wrestlemania and then a new foe for the undertaker to fight at wrestlemania for his streak been increased to 20-0

XMW
12-21-2011, 13:52
Just read that ROH had an epic 8-man tag team match sometime ago:

"On Sunday afternoon December 4, 2011, Ring of Honor presented "Northern Aggression" at the Greensboro Coliseum Event Center in Greensboro, NC. With a loaded undercard featuring the likes of TJ Perkins vs. Jay Lethal, The All Night Express vs. The Bravados, The Young Bucks vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, & more, the event was highlighted with an All-Star 8-Man Elimination Tag that pitted ROH World Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards, & El Generico against Jay & Mark Briscoe, Roderick Strong, and "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with a $10,000 purse allotted to the winning team of this battle. When this bout was signed several weeks prior, ROH officials knew it would be something special, but little did anyone suspect that it would make history and, at 1 hour 20 minutes and 33 seconds, become the longest match in ROH's 10-year history. While research is still being done to 100% confirm, this would likely be the longest match in modern major league pro wrestling history!"

I'm usually not a fan of long matches, but I will definitely check this one out once it releases on dvd. 1 hour and 20 minutes, that's insane, most of the time a 10-15 minute match is long enough for me, but ROH main events can usually hold my attention for much longer due to how stiff and hardhiting they work.

claud3
12-21-2011, 15:35
Sounded like a great event R.O.H. long matches rule if they are grounded and submission based and always well thought through

XMW
12-21-2011, 15:52
Sounded like a great event R.O.H. long matches rule if they are grounded and submission based and always well thought through

To be honest I dont like that. I hate technical wrestling. I'd rather see four 630 Phoenix Splashes in the span of 10 seconds then endless headlocks and restholds lol. I recently watched Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards from Best In The World 2011, it went about 40 minutes long and I was hooked all the way through, and they only needed very few restholds. It was one of the most actionpacked matches I'd seen in a long time.

claud3
12-21-2011, 15:55
Like the high flying stuff as well, but it bores me sometimes when its over used

XMW
12-21-2011, 21:12
"WWE has released a preliminary Survivor Series PPV figure of 280,000 total buys. The buy total for The Rock's big return match teaming with John Cena will likely grow by the time WWE reports fourth quarter earnings result, as the preliminary total is only through the end of November."

Ouch!

claud3
12-22-2011, 17:09
the lost has a gain factor to it, they will make up for it in DVD sales and tour's

Yuuichi
12-22-2011, 18:22
- The Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, Kansas is advertising a WWE Title Match between John Cena and Kane for the February 3rd RAW live event. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio is also advertised.

Has to be a miss print unless they going to play hot potato with title again. They have it set for Punk vs Jericho at WM for title.

Word is WWE is finally going to do something big with Divas division.

claud3
12-22-2011, 18:26
they need to defend the titles more and make the rivals more interesting.

Yuuichi
12-24-2011, 01:06
- John Cena recently mentioned that his match vs. The Rock at WrestleMania would be even bigger if it was for the WWE championship. At the time he made the comments, WWE was strongly considered putting the title on Cena heading into WrestleMania.

Big surprise Cena starting to cry for belt again. He must be dying after not being in main event at TLC. His poor poor ego.

The Cage
12-24-2011, 02:03
Sick of Cena , seriously

XMW
12-24-2011, 12:02
Big surprise Cena starting to cry for belt again. He must be dying after not being in main event at TLC. His poor poor ego. Sorry, but I dont think that's the case. You cant dispute that his match with The Rock WILL be alot bigger if it's for the WWE title. I dont think Cena has a big ego, I actually think he's very humble. If he wanted to be in the main event of TLC I'm pretty sure all he had to do is ask and he'd be in it. Cena doesn't book his character, the writers do, and seeing as how Punk's reign as WWE champ has been garnering terrible ratings they'll likely think about putting the title on Cena (seeing as how he generally draws around a 3.5 rating)

Yuuichi
12-24-2011, 15:47
Sorry, but I dont think that's the case. You cant dispute that his match with The Rock WILL be alot bigger if it's for the WWE title. I dont think Cena has a big ego, I actually think he's very humble. If he wanted to be in the main event of TLC I'm pretty sure all he had to do is ask and he'd be in it. Cena doesn't book his character, the writers do, and seeing as how Punk's reign as WWE champ has been garnering terrible ratings they'll likely think about putting the title on Cena (seeing as how he generally draws around a 3.5 rating)

But with title on line it a predictable cena will win. Wwe is just not pushing punk as champ.

The Cage
12-24-2011, 17:11
But with title on line it a predictable cena will win. Wwe is just not pushing punk as champ.

They're pushing orton even when he's not the champ , it's starting to show that orton is the next cena

Yuuichi
12-24-2011, 17:57
They're pushing orton even when he's not the champ , it's starting to show that orton is the next cena

They setting him up for wm and he will win rr. Orton is and always will be a b rated wrestler. He couldn't cut a promo to save his life and his in ring is c class at best. You can not blame wwe creative team for that because he has been that way for years.

XMW
12-24-2011, 20:13
Orton c class at best? I'm not the biggest fan of his, but can you honestly say he's bad in the ring? His series of matches with Christian were amazing. His matches with Dolph Ziggler were said by many to be the match of the night. Heck, he even got a couple good matches out of Mark Henry.

I'm also not seeing Orton win the Royal Rumble. I'd put my money on either a returning Jericho, or someone who has never won it like Barrett, Ziggler or Rhodes.

Yuuichi
12-24-2011, 22:47
Not a C a B. He has never had a match that wowed me. He can do promos. His match vs Ziggler was crap compared to Ziggler vs Punk. I consider Punk, Bryan, Ziggler the top 3 A rated wrestlers in WWE currently wrestling. Orton just works politics. RR is at his hometown to I think so he may indeed win.

Molo316
12-27-2011, 06:01
Mighty glad that Dolph Ziggler has got a title shot next week.
I was about to write that there's no way that he'll win, but then I thought that if it is Jericho returning next week, there have been rumours that he and Punk will be facing at WrestleMania, so something could be started there. Having said that though, with what happened tonight, it looks like they're pressing for more of Punk and Laurinitus.

I feel he and Cody Rhodes are definitely capable now of holding top titles for a good run now. Possibly, just the guy I mentioned in my spoiler tag (see how I didn't spoil it with his name here?) could improve the quality of his promos, but as an in-ring competitor he is already great!

Yuuichi
12-27-2011, 15:32
Word is him and cody going to be in title picture next year. Also rumor they may move punk to smackdown to help that brand out. Still feels so empty there with out edge. I keep edge there on wwe 12. Me and him got some good matches.

Molo316
12-27-2011, 20:09
So they should, in my opinion.
Apparently they asked Jim Ross about them, and he said that if they don't become a World champion in 2012, they should quit :lol:

I just hope nothing exterior goes wrong for either of them. And I'd do a back-flip if Cody became WWE Champion and changed that fugly belt!

Yuuichi
12-27-2011, 23:42
So they should, in my opinion.
Apparently they asked Jim Ross about them, and he said that if they don't become a World champion in 2012, they should quit :lol:

I just hope nothing exterior goes wrong for either of them. And I'd do a back-flip if Cody became WWE Champion and changed that fugly belt!

I agree they deserve to be in title picture. Ziggler is the best heel raw has right now. Cody may not be best heel but he preforms as a top star. Ziggler char should never change. He is like a Rick Rude villan and I love it. Cody is just an insane heel.

claud3
12-28-2011, 17:46
the new kane rules and what happened at the end of raw was the sign of the undertakers return

Molo316
12-28-2011, 20:34
I agree they deserve to be in title picture. Ziggler is the best heel raw has right now. Cody may not be best heel but he preforms as a top star. Ziggler char should never change. He is like a Rick Rude villan and I love it. Cody is just an insane heel.
I think Cody is great already. His promos are quite electrifying and he sounds serious. It's not like "Johnny Nitro" believable.

the new kane rules and what happened at the end of raw was the sign of the undertakers return
Really? I thought it was signalling an eventual heel turn from Cena?

XMW
12-28-2011, 21:12
Fuck, some reports are saying Randy Orton got injured during last nights SD taping. He may be out for upto 6 months and therefore miss WrestleMania.

Molo316
12-29-2011, 04:15
Fuck, some reports are saying Randy Orton got injured during last nights SD taping. He may be out for upto 6 months and therefore miss WrestleMania.
Yeah. I also heard that he may have done it last week when he RKOed Barrett on top of the car - but he looked fine after that...?

As regards to the mystery person set to be revealed on Raw next week:
Apparently, Chris Jericho is scheduled to be in Memphis, Tennessee, from January 1st-3rd, where they are doing Raw on the 2nd.

Unless there's a big surprise, it looks all set.

Also, Vickie Guerrero tweeted about a new Raw stage set-up. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to look exactly the same with all the lights and LEDs... boring!

The Cage
12-29-2011, 06:42
what if the returning one isn't Jericho?

Yuuichi
12-29-2011, 16:16

Yes sir which means time to push another super star. I hate the guy and glad he injured, but I hope it is not a career threatening one.

Molo316
12-29-2011, 17:07
It sucks for anyone to be injured, but at least hopefully this means he won't be winning the Rumble.

what if the returning one isn't Jericho?

I read a rumour that was apparently going around, and sounded completely ridiculous, that the mystery person was going to be Jeff Hardy! If that were the case, I'd rather it be Matt Hardy, because that would be stupidly hilarious! :lol:

And after a big lead-up just before they reveal the person, I'd want this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crL61TLDdS4#t=1m59s) to come up on the titantron! :lol:

Yuuichi
12-29-2011, 21:15
- It was announced at last night's WWE SmackDown live event in Detroit, Michigan that Randy Orton will be out of action for six months, meaning he will most likely miss WrestleMania 28.

Rhut oh it is official. This will be an interesting 6 months.

Suley
12-29-2011, 22:23
INDIANPOLIS WWE Superstar Randy Orton suffered an injury at SmackDown in Indianapolis that could keep him sidelined for a few weeks, and will prevent him from competing at upcoming WWE live events.
This is from wwe.com. I sure hope it's true as I don't want him to be gone for too long.

The Cage
12-30-2011, 01:21
It sucks for anyone to be injured, but at least hopefully this means he won't be winning the Rumble.

I read a rumour that was apparently going around, and sounded completely ridiculous, that the mystery person was going to be Jeff Hardy! If that were the case, I'd rather it be Matt Hardy, because that would be stupidly hilarious! :lol:

And after a big lead-up just before they reveal the person, I'd want this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crL61TLDdS4#t=1m59s) to come up on the titantron! :lol:

Oh Please not jeff!

Molo316
12-30-2011, 03:13
Oh Please not jeff!
It won't be Jeffrey. He's scheduled to fight in the main event of their January 8th PPV.

Then again, he's not turned up for main events in the past... ;)

The Cage
12-30-2011, 08:33
It won't be Jeffrey. He's scheduled to fight in the main event of their January 8th PPV.

Then again, he's not turned up for main events in the past... ;)

Is he still with TNA ?

XMW
12-30-2011, 12:32
Is he still with TNA ?

Yes he is, I think he signed a 2 year deal with TNA last year.

Also, something completely different. Has anyone ever heard of the wrestler Uhaa Nation? He has a ridiculous name, but man he has blown away everyone with what he's done so far. He is a big black dude with a build very similair to Ezekiel Jackson. Only difference between Zeke and Uhaa is that Uhaa can actually go in the ring.. big time. This guy can do standing Moonsaults and that sort of stuff.
I honestly expect WWE to sign him sometime in 2012. He's currently signed to a Dragon Gate USA contract, but DGUSA releases their wrestlers if they get a contract offered from WWE (already happened twice in the past). Here's a MV of him wrestling AR Fox at an AIW show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3jJf-UDEs

claud3
12-30-2011, 15:55
To me and this is my opinion on it being the DEADMAN, the ending of raw video seemed more up the street of the return of the deadman and then again it could be another twist in the kane and undertaker's past and the undertaker might be playing mind games again with kane before he returns say at the royal rumble.

Remember the last time kane burnt the undertaker alive in a casket during a match the taker was having with shawn michaels all them years back. Just my hunch on this one

Or maybe i am thinking way to much onto this

XMW
12-30-2011, 17:31
I really dont want to see yet another Kane vs Undertaker fued. It has been done too many times already, and lets be honest, these two 40+'ers aren't going to put up a 5 star match with everyone, let alone with each other. Kane should just be build up as as a big monster like Mark Henry was, and then get taken down by a babyface. Undertaker should take another year off and face John Cena at WM29

yourmumsface17
12-31-2011, 15:21
Lesnar retires from UFC... just saying.

XMW
12-31-2011, 16:39
Yep, after getting his kidney kicked to shit lol. He made alot of money in the UFC, but like he said before if there is money to be made in a good deal with WWE he's up for it.

Yuuichi
12-31-2011, 23:28
So after watching smackdown I am guessing orton really fell down the stairs and that how he got injured. Wonder if this will help or hurt barret and orton has a history of when some one makes a mistake he stops their rise. Ie what he did to kofi.

XMW
01-01-2012, 00:43
I think we should thank Randy for stopping Kofi's push. Can you image Kofi in the main event scene, above and on the level of guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, John Cena, Triple H etc..

claud3
01-01-2012, 17:24
i am sticking to it being the return of the undertaker, and maybe not a feud with kane. But a Feud with someone in mind.

Still believe its the undertaker

2012 the end of the undertakers career in the WWE, after wrestlemania when he hits that 20-0 streak. And then he will call it quits believe me people

Molo316
01-02-2012, 00:19
Lesnar retires from UFC... just saying.
:lol: That really would be a dark horse surprise for tomorrow night.

So after watching smackdown I am guessing orton really fell down the stairs and that how he got injured. Wonder if this will help or hurt barret and orton has a history of when some one makes a mistake he stops their rise. Ie what he did to kofi.

Apparently he did it when he RKOed Barrett on the car last week. I believe this because during the match this week you could see that Orton hardly took many back bumps (maybe like three in total), and when he went for covers he didn't seem to dash into it.

Yuuichi
01-02-2012, 17:13
Ok here we go official 1/2/2011 prediction.... Y2J Jericho!!! Also

- Regarding Randy Orton, there have been a number of different ideas on how to handle his injury creatively, since at one point he was set to win the Royal Rumble in his hometown of St. Louis.

Officials have discussed having Orton do a surprise return late in the Rumble, win it and then take more time off to heal leading into WrestleMania 28.

Keeping him off the Rumble and having him return around Elimination Chamber to set up his WrestleMania match has also been discussed.

LOL big risk if he is not fully healed by Wm. Then again they could just have him phone in the match, but if Daniel is champion and Orton phones it in this is bad news for Daniel.

claud3
01-02-2012, 18:16
Orton will be ready for WM and i hope to see him fight someone fresh and have one of the greatest matches at the event

Molo316
01-02-2012, 18:29
Potential returner image for tonight:
http://ringsidenews.com/jericho.jpg

Yuuichi
01-02-2012, 20:03
Orton will be ready for WM and i hope to see him fight someone fresh and have one of the greatest matches at the event

Doubt it. But we all know now that if he does come out he will win.

claud3
01-02-2012, 23:56
Doubt it. But we all know now that if he does come out he will win.

Orton needs to use that angry part more if he is to fight at WM... i see it being a hell of a mayhem of a match with a fresh rival

Potential returner image for tonight:
http://ringsidenews.com/jericho.jpg

The hopes are in my eye's or is that tears...?

Molo316
01-03-2012, 01:56
If it ended up being the Undertaker in the end I'd be extremely disappointed.

claud3
01-03-2012, 02:04
its the way all the comebacks are of the TAKER man, thats how i have seen it done for years... Me i am hoping it is

But then again hope its something or someone new

Molo316
01-03-2012, 05:20
Well, that Jericho return was disappointing :lol:
But he'll probably end up turning heel. That sort of comeback was probably just to get the excitement out of the fans, and he surely would have still been cheered if he came back as a heel - like Stone Cold was when he started the whole Austin 3:16 thing.

33x
01-03-2012, 10:10
before u all hate on the best on what he does.......he is just setting up for a heel turn, TRUST ME!

33x
01-03-2012, 11:47
The first Raw of 2012 earns the very average rating of five from me. Three main things happened. The rest was pretty much filler.
First up, the Jericho return was different than what I was expecting. He got a massive pop the moment the fans realized it was him, chanting “Y2J” and cheering for him while he encouraged them to do so. He never said a word over the microphone, though. Weird right? There are a couple of ways to interpret it. To me, the most obvious thing I took out of it was this was his way of pissing us off. Instead of hearing him speak, he left. That has angered a lot of people. I’ve seen it on my Facebook & Twitter already. People are pissed off about it. Isn’t that the reaction he wants? I think it is. To those that are angry I say step back a little. Cool off. Look at it from his perspective. He’s a master of working people, just as he did on Twitter for weeks saying he was never going to appear in WWE again. Some people are gullible. It worked. I doubt Jericho is back as the smiling babyface he appeared to be when he stood in the ring with that goofy grin on his face. I was waiting for him to get on the microphone to cut a heel promo calling all the fans sheep and how he doesn’t want any of their support because he knows he is…cue slow talking…”the best in the world at what I do.”
By the way, I told you it was Jericho over a month ago. I never wavered. I’m glad it was him. I’m also glad that I don’t have to read theories about Shane & Stephanie McMahon, Kharma, Undertaker & Michelle or others being the mystery person. There were so many Jericho related clues. Most knew, but a lot didn’t and for that I applaud him for a return well done. That’s why Jericho is one of my favorite people in wrestling history. He always keeps people guessing. That’s what the business should be about.
Welcome back home Chris Jericho. Sometimes words are overrated. Your presence is enough for me. Getting them riled up and wanting more is the exact response he was likely looking for. My name is 33x and I’m a Jerichoholic.

XMW
01-03-2012, 13:40
Dissapointed it's Jericho, I've never been a fan of his. I liked his debut in '99, and his return in '07 was good, but I never really want to sit back and watch his matches or promo's.

The rest of Raw was average. nothing really stood out or anything, hopefully Smackdown's first 2012 show will be better.

yourmumsface17
01-03-2012, 13:49
By saying nothing, it said everything. Was a wicked return.

claud3
01-03-2012, 16:28
still loving the whole kane thing going on with cena... Hope there is more of this madness to come

Jericho sucks to be honest.... His music career must of failed massively

Yuuichi
01-03-2012, 17:04
LOVE that Jericho has returned. This is his final run. Course he will be a heel but last night he just wanted to enjoy it. His music career is going well. Looks like Ziggler will be in the title scene for at least till Elimination Chamber. Good for him. Now on to Orton

- It was reported Sunday that Randy Orton, who is out of action after suffering a herniated disc on the L4-L5 level on the left side, would be returning on Jan. 16 Raw SuperShow in Anaheim, California. He is now scheduled for all SmackDown events beginning on Jan. 17.

IF he is healed great. If he is just going to phone in all his matches including the inevidable win at WM then I am more pissed at WWE for doing this. If it was a b wrestler there is no way WWE would let them back so soon.

Molo316
01-03-2012, 19:10
Yeah, because Orton is one of their top attractions. Usually I am sure that they would give him as much time off as possible because they don't want to hinder him, but since the Rumble is in his hometown they would get rave reviews if he is there. And with Mania coming up, he'll be a top attraction for all the fans who care about his character.

Just for LOLs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SimGIlkSs

:lol:

33x
01-03-2012, 19:24
fuck orton.

shakes head at those who hate Jericho

claud3
01-03-2012, 19:52
look i do not hate jericho really, i just hate the way he gets on and turns heel so often

XMW
01-03-2012, 20:27
People complain about Orton getting pushed all the time, yet Jericho gets to leave for a year and instantly get put in the main event without any complaints. (happened in '07 and it's bound to happen now)

Also his matches scream same-old-shit to me, and his promo's aren't diverse either.

claud3
01-03-2012, 21:34
WWE need to start jericho at the bottom and get him to fight for the U.S.A and I.C titles and Tag titles, before he gets a shot at the WWE and World heavyweight titles

Molo316
01-03-2012, 22:07
People complain about Orton getting pushed all the time, yet Jericho gets to leave for a year and instantly get put in the main event without any complaints. (happened in '07 and it's bound to happen now)

Also his matches scream same-old-shit to me, and his promo's aren't diverse either.
The thing is for me is that Jericho was around in the old days. Now that is definite favouritism there, but also for me, Jericho is entertaining. Randy Orton's promos are so boring, and his wrestling speed is too slow for my liking.
I liked Orton's gimmick when he was heel, but since he's turned face it's annoyed me. But then I'm against what the WWE believe is totally good in their eyes.

claud3
01-03-2012, 22:32
call for old skool wrestling, nothing but mayhem all the way.

Yuuichi
01-04-2012, 00:20
Orton should have gone Heel and not Christan. They do not talk about "voices in my head" as much any more because PR finally realized that does not make sense for a babyface. Orton will always be babyface because of his daughter now tho.

Anyone see his DVD. I am curious if he apologized to any one because of his crazy drug use.

claud3
01-04-2012, 00:31
like your post. I agree to a point, but they need to explore this voices in my head more

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 13:05

Hang on, don't forget in his last run he put over a number of people, if I remember rightly he lost to Daniel Bryan when he was WHC clean if I remember rightly, he is great in the ring, he is great on the mic, absolutely loved the honest man gimmick, he put over the IC and tag titles.

He doesn't get in the main event that often, don't forget he has been unfortunately booked as Cena's bitch.

Off course he will come back and be high up the card! It's freaking Chris Jericho, the same applies to The Rock, it's the freaking Rock off course they will both be high up the card.

Jericho was carrying Raw for quite a while during his last run, he deserves everything he gets!

33x
01-04-2012, 13:39
Hang on, don't forget in his last run he put over a number of people, if I remember rightly he lost to Daniel Bryan when he was WHC clean if I remember rightly, he is great in the ring, he is great on the mic, absolutely loved the honest man gimmick, he put over the IC and tag titles.

He doesn't get in the main event that often, don't forget he has been unfortunately booked as Cena's bitch.

Off course he will come back and be high up the card! It's freaking Chris Jericho, the same applies to The Rock, it's the freaking Rock off course they will both be high up the card.

Jericho was carrying Raw for quite a while during his last run, he deserves everything he gets!

this.

chris, PUTS OVER people, can wrestle and can cut great promos.

Orton, hardly puts anyone over, isnt that great in the ring and is boring on the mic.

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 13:42
To be fair Orton has started putting people over recently, since he beat Christian he hasn't looked unbeatable which is good.

santinomarella
01-04-2012, 13:51
Jericho is the best in the word at what he does. Put him anywhere on the card and it will be the best part of the show. I remember him saying a while back that when he does return he wanted to come back and do something he hasn't done before (Since everyone seemed to be ripping off his last heel gimmick) Based on Mondays Raw he is well on the way to becoming something different yet again, not many people can play so many different characters like Jericho.

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 13:53
I think he could come out in the suit next week and do the same, almost to say "I don't want to return like this" then the week after come back how he wants too.

33x
01-04-2012, 13:54
http://www.thejohnreport.net/2012/01/03/hes-baaaaaaaaaaaaaccckkkkkk-by-laurence-salford/

claud3
01-04-2012, 14:00
Look guys either way, jericho, orton, cena, rock, bigshow, mark henry, alberto del rio, kane, undertaker, christian and etc... etc.... can be main eventers. Its just how the WWE handle its that is the problem they put in the head liners first when they have been away say for a year, two, three or more. And never use's the ones already there. Yes Danile Bryant is WHC now. But once that is up he will be rock bottom again and will leave the WWE because they just used him to make the big stars the main show and that they need the big stars to carry the two flagship shows. Were's the youngs ones and the ones that have the better matches than say orton and all the other small stars are side lined so jericho and cena and the others can steal the light once again just for turning up.

Its a fucking joke to be honest

33x
01-04-2012, 14:04
u really dont like jericho do you? do me a favour, read the above link. i dunno how you can legitimately hate the guy.

however, i do agree that is the WWE creative team that fuck things up for other superstars

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 14:06
Look guys either way, jericho, orton, cena, rock, bigshow, mark henry, alberto del rio, kane, undertaker, christian and etc... etc.... can be main eventers. Its just how the WWE handle its that is the problem they put in the head liners first when they have been away say for a year, two, three or more. And never use's the ones already there. Yes Danile Bryant is WHC now. But once that is up he will be rock bottom again and will leave the WWE because they just use them to make the big stars show that they need the big stars to carry the to flagship shows. Were's the youngs ones and the ones that have the better matches than the orton and all them are side lined so jericho can steal the light once again just for turning up.

Its a fucking joke to be honest
He won't be around for long! He is absolutely awesome, why should he not be high up the card? It's not like he's HHH and he is in every single title match ever (exaggerate for effect) He goes up and down the card, heck he lost to Evan Bourne :lol: he's great he makes people look good, he helped Barret get over. He is awesome.

What do you expect? Come back to face who? Santino? :lol: Kane has returned to face Cena, is he stealing spots?

WWE are pushing people, you have to blind not to see it, Punk, Ziggler, Bryan, Miz (I love him :D) etc are all on the up. How do you know they will simply leave when they lose the belt? If he has a great run with the title he will certainly get another one,

XMW
01-04-2012, 14:13
Orton doesn't put over people? He lost to Mark Henry twice clean, not sure if that was clear, he lost clean to MARK HENRY. And why does everyone associate losing to people with putting people over? Orton put over Ziggler huge in their matches on Raw, not by letting Ziggler win (Ziggler lost) but because of how the match went, Ziggler looked great in there, that's what putting over is.
It's the same with any Hulk Hogan match, Hogan doesn't have to lose to put someone over, by being in the ring with Hulk Hogan the fans instantly see you're something bigger then the others. Another example is Ricky Steamboat losing to Ric Flair in the NWA. Sure Ricky lost but flair put him over huge which cemented his spot as one of the biggest faces of the late '80's.

Anyway my point is Orton does put people over, and he gets way too much hate for his matches and promo's (especially since we know he can cut good promo's as he cut good ones during his Evolution days, his fued with Cena in '07, and his fued with the McMahons in '09).

As for Jericho, I stand by what I said earlier about him. I just don't see Jericho as a legit main eventer. High mid-carder? Sure, but not a main eventer. Casuals fans also dont really care for Jericho as ratings are declining when Jericho's champion.

Also some people have ridiculous ideas on Jericho's return, like this guy:

I can't believe that I am yet to read a similar theory ANYWHERE else. I almost thought like making a new thread because it was that obvious so that people can stop being so simple and I made an account just to tell the simpletons my theory.

TL;DR version: Chris Jericho is being controlled /possessed by a supernatural girl who wants to end the world, ie. Take over the WWE.

To anyone that thinks that Jericho had a boring return and had no direction for his story line: you need to scratch the surface A LOT deeper. Anyone who has met Jericho, has watched Jericho, has read his books and has followed his life for not even a decade like I have, knows that he is not a simple thinker! He would not have agreed to come back to a return with no talking, for absolutely no reason. He said he was going to come back with a new gimmick and he has done exactly that. For those that believe he came back to such a simple promo and there was nothing connected to his earlier vignettes/his lack of talking, lacks the IQ necessary to be able to predict the future of this story line and should stay out of this thread.

Enter Jericho's new gimmick: "Control" (The 4th vignettes title, search it on Youtube)

This storyline is supernatural, which is why many people believed The Undertaker was behind this. Just like his promos have stated in many different ways before returning, there is something about "control" to go with this angle. The facts are there is also a girl/woman that is behind his return and he will rightfully claim "what is his" when she appears... which will more than probably be very soon so people can calm down in believing that "his return is a failure and completely boring". They may have given the average wrestling fan too much credit in this case.

I'd hate to spoil it for you all but the girl will be some kind of witch/demon, call it whatever you will, that is controlling Jericho with what I believe is his Jacket. Her aim is to "Take over the world/End the world" ie. Take over the WWE with Jericho as her pawn. He will also probably start talking soon but it will be under her command.

Being possessed was doubly confirmed upon watching the interview on the website backstage where he seems out of it and aloft, with a cheesy grin on his face. He was very robotic with his reactions, just as his promo was very robotic. He was probably commanded to act that way by the girl... and my intrigue in his jacket ran into overdrive when he turns it on in a symbolic fashion.

You can quote this theory in the coming weeks if it's true and I'm honestly surprised that no one else has come up with something similar like this. It might not be entirely correct but it will be something close to this, I'm sure.

My other less probably alternative is he is just going to be a troll and upset everyone by not giving them what they want, but I still believe in my main one as Jericho is not an idiot and his new gimmick will be linking to his vignettes.

"IT BEGINS" (BUT IS JUST THE START) ON THE "SECOND", "LOOK WITHIN" his "CONTROL" (The most telling Vignette)..... JERICHO IS HER "PROPHET" to her "PROPHETLESS" WWE.... It is the end of the world as we know it.

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 14:17
Jericho is def not fit to be say the face of the company, but he is fit to move up and down the card when needed, he carried Raw for a good long time a few years ago, he was amazing as the champion, his feud with HBK was awesome! Awesome I tell you! Then he was tag champion and feuded with DX, then he was IC title he feuded with Rey.

I don't think it's a coincidence that whatever feud he is in tends to be the best thing in the WWE.

I agree however that he shouldn't main event ALL THE TIME (but that applies to everyone.)

claud3
01-04-2012, 14:30
just that i hate the way the WWE are handling the young ones and not pushing them harder, the big stars are just selfish for the light and i hate the fact the rivals are so bad at the moment, besides the cena and kane one

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 14:34
I don't get it, your argument would be vaild maybe 3 years ago but we have seen lots of new world champions just this year. Like I said before.

Punk
Ziggler
Miz
Bryan
Del Rio
Ryder

They have pushed all of these very high up the card, but lets be honest would Bryan v Ziggler main event PPV draw? No it wouldn't they need to be paired with the bigger names to get them over first.

Unless you are referring too Henry and Christian finally getting the belt, well then if you are, tough they both deserved it, get over it :D

I agree the problem is that feuds these days don't actually mean anything.

How would you book this years Wrestlemania out of interest? Would you have the younger new talent headline?

claud3
01-04-2012, 14:49
Yes and no, a mixture of both

But i am no expert as you can tell. But the WWE need to wise up and hire less and work with what they have and stop bringing back as beens

33x
01-04-2012, 14:53
Ziggler will be a WWE or WHC champ this year. the guy is freakin awesome.

XMW
01-04-2012, 14:59
I don't get it, your argument would be vaild maybe 3 years ago but we have seen lots of new world champions just this year. Like I said before.

Punk
Ziggler
Miz
Bryan
Del Rio
Ryder

Don't even bother with that lol, I said the same thing when someone brought up the "fact" that WWE doesn't push anyone else besides Cena and Orton. But it wasn't really seen I suppose as I cant remember anyone disputing it. ;)

A perfect WrestleMania for me btw, would be a fine mixture of young talent and old talent. A good example of such a WM would be WM X-8:

DDP vs Christian with DDP being the older vet.
Maven vs Goldust, Goldust had made his debut in the WWF over 10 years earlier when this match took place
The Undertaker vs Ric Flair, while Taker wasn't really young himself anymore, Flair was clearly the veteran here only making his return to the WWF a couple months earlier
And I cba typing alot more, but other matches to prove my point were Austin vs Hall and Rock vs Hogan

So I'd say WM 28 should be similair to that card (with obviously Cena winning from The Rock).

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 16:24
Yeah I agree, they should have the older superstars get over the newer ones. Would love to see Jericho work with Ziggler! Some sort of alliance between them is an awesome thought.

33x
01-04-2012, 16:28
Im pretty sure jericho and punk will be feuding and fighting at WM

yourmumsface17
01-04-2012, 16:34
Yeah that's likely. Returned to get his 'best in the world' gimmick back.

santinomarella
01-04-2012, 20:34
http://i44.tinypic.com/315k609.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bPWZ6.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

XMW
01-04-2012, 22:12
Not sure how many of you, if any at all watch Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) but I just watched this match and I really recommend it you watch it. It's a semi-squash match with a surprising ending between Prince Devitt and Davey Richards (current Ring Of Honor World Champion), Richards plays the heel here in Japan however in the US he's a face.
Personally I love these types of matches, Richards is always intense and his kicks are awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2-P7QqXDg

That uploader also has matches from MVP in Japan on his channel (and from Giant Bernard/A-Train, Tajiri and Ultimo Dragon in case anyone remembers them).

Yuuichi
01-05-2012, 16:16
Regarding the online rumor of Rob Van Dam returning to WWE, Power Slam confirms in their latest issue that RVD is seriously considering returning to the organization once his contract with TNA Wrestling expires. The magazine adds that the feeling is mutual as people in WWE want the master of the Five-Star Frog Splash back.

"RVD from what we're told would receive a warm welcome in WWE," the magazine says.

This magazine is so misinformed. I think most of us remember RVD ripping the WWE apart when we he left. Vince was pissed. No way WWE would take him back. Heck he wouldn't even pass the drug test.

- CM Punk was hurting when he returned backstage after the match against Dolph Ziggler at Monday's RAW Supershow in Memphis. Punk is said to be banged up but there is on talk of him taking time off. Punk was shaken up after taking the bad slam from Ziggler in the match.

Oh hells no. If this true then ZIGGLER should get the title and fued with someone other than Cena. Knowing WWE tho Ziggler will get title for a day or a week then Cena will get it. Or if we suddenly see a three way Punk Cena Ziggler pop up we know it is Cena.

XMW
01-05-2012, 16:23
This magazine is so misinformed. I think most of us remember RVD ripping the WWE apart when we he left. Vince was pissed. No way WWE would take him back. Heck he wouldn't even pass the drug test.

Road Dogg ripped apart Triple H, saying he'd beat him up next time he saw him. Road Dogg currently works for WWE.
Booker T also talked negatively about Triple H and WWE when he left in 2007, didn't stop WWE from resigning him.

Brock Lesnar has been talking shit about WWE all through 2011, wouldn't stop WWE from signing him the moment they get the chance.
Steve Austin has publicly critized WWE in the past (multiple times) yet he's been back in WWE numerous times.
Bret Hart didn't have a good thing to say about WWE from 1997 towards 2006, and still after that, yet he returned in 2010 anyway. ;)

My point is, WWE (Vince) don't hold grudges to anyone, especially if there is money to be made. I think Power Slam is right when it says WWE would welcome RVD back with open arms, though they shouldn't. RVD is way past his prime and his entire TNA stint was dull and boring.

claud3
01-05-2012, 19:56
Not sure how many of you, if any at all watch Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) but I just watched this match and I really recommend it you watch it. It's a semi-squash match with a surprising ending between Prince Devitt and Davey Richards (current Ring Of Honor World Champion), Richards plays the heel here in Japan however in the US he's a face.
Personally I love these types of matches, Richards is always intense and his kicks are awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2-P7QqXDg

That uploader also has matches from MVP in Japan on his channel (and from Giant Bernard/A-Train, Tajiri and Ultimo Dragon in case anyone remembers them).

Japanese wrestling is awsome, the none hardcore part of it and the matches are so amazing and long and so put together... The WWE should take idea's from japanese wrestling

Yuuichi
01-05-2012, 20:50
Road Dogg ripped apart Triple H, saying he'd beat him up next time he saw him. Road Dogg currently works for WWE.
Booker T also talked negatively about Triple H and WWE when he left in 2007, didn't stop WWE from resigning him.

Brock Lesnar has been talking shit about WWE all through 2011, wouldn't stop WWE from signing him the moment they get the chance.
Steve Austin has publicly critized WWE in the past (multiple times) yet he's been back in WWE numerous times.
Bret Hart didn't have a good thing to say about WWE from 1997 towards 2006, and still after that, yet he returned in 2010 anyway. ;)

My point is, WWE (Vince) don't hold grudges to anyone, especially if there is money to be made. I think Power Slam is right when it says WWE would welcome RVD back with open arms, though they shouldn't. RVD is way past his prime and his entire TNA stint was dull and boring.

Good points. Agree tho RVD is really done.

claud3
01-05-2012, 21:33
its true the WWE never hold a grudge, thats not entirely true

They do with closed lips and biting their tongues. But they do let the ones that really let them have it back for the money making part of it alone and nothing else :)

LastManDancing
01-05-2012, 21:34
Ziggler will be a WWE or WHC champ this year. the guy is freakin awesome.This.

Jericho is awesome.

Orton hasn't put anyone over until after his feud with Christian, since then he has helped put over Cody Rhodes, make Mark Henry look like a legit champ, and now Wade Barrett so I approve of Randy Orton.

yourmumsface17
01-05-2012, 21:38
Yeah I think Orton wants to put people over now, fair play to him.

XMW
01-05-2012, 22:11
Orton is in the stage of his career where a loss really doesn't hurt his character anymore, just like John Cena (though for some reason Cena still usually wins which really isn't needed all the time

Japanese wrestling is awsome, the none hardcore part of it and the matches are so amazing and long and so put together... The WWE should take idea's from japanese wrestling

Yeah, it is awesome. But tbh I really like the hardcore stuff too, Big Japan Pro Wrestling is a company specialised in deathmatch wrestling like CZW used to be in 1999 and 2000. Though the regular hard-hitting Puroresu matches are definitely awesome, especially if the matches consists of Gaijin's who are used to the Puro style like Davey Richards.

claud3
01-05-2012, 22:16
Yeah, it is awesome. But tbh I really like the hardcore stuff too, Big Japan Pro Wrestling is a company specialised in deathmatch wrestling like CZW used to be in 1999 and 2000. Though the regular hard-hitting Puroresu matches are definitely awesome, especially if the matches consists of Gaijin's who are used to the Puro style like Davey Richards.

Yes i agree japanese hardcore is awsome, but far more controlled than CZW's make of it, they are just stupid wrestlers with no respect from me what so ever

XMW
01-05-2012, 22:38
Yes i agree japanese hardcore is awsome, but far more controlled than CZW's make of it, they are just stupid wrestlers with no respect from me what so ever

Hm, I think CZW is awesome. They're my #2 favorite Indy promotion right behind ROH. They have seriously toned down on their hardcore matches. Usually they have 1/2 out of 7/8 matches as hardcore matches. I recommend watching Cage Of Death 6 or 7. The main event is a bloody Cage Of Death match, but the rest of the card features some of the best independent wrestlers around.

claud3
01-05-2012, 22:43
i watched all the gage of death matches and liked one out of all of them and that was 6... But i feel i am a middle man when it comes to the wrestling scene, Its more normal WWE wrestling and less hardcore wrestling

XMW
01-06-2012, 11:45
i watched all the gage of death matches and liked one out of all of them and that was 6... But i feel i am a middle man when it comes to the wrestling scene, Its more normal WWE wrestling and less hardcore wrestling

Ok, fair enough. You've actually watched more Cage Of Death matches then me, as I've only seen 6/7/10/12/13.

Here's another fantastic match, one of the best matches Ive seen in 2011. It's from the Dragon Gate promotion, I'm not sure if I had posted this match already or not. It's between Ricochet (he wrestles in Dragon Gate/DGUSA, EVOLVE, IWA East Coast and local indy's) and PAC (a British wrestler who is just amazing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYj3zfOCaYg

33x
01-06-2012, 19:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ejiG5-BtA&feature=player_embedded

still gives me goose bumps, just listen to that crowd, never heard a louder pop!

mistercrow
01-06-2012, 22:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScSyG85FEM

Yuuichi
01-07-2012, 02:50
Epico and Hunico confuse the shit out of me lol

Also LOL Henry on Smackdown. That was good stuff.

claud3
01-07-2012, 17:23
bryant is really loving the fact he got one over both the large wrestlers, being Henry and Bigshow. But it will come and bite him hard the next time around. He has to face either one or both at the same time

Yuuichi
01-07-2012, 20:27
He will prob turn heel and not big show. Got to set it up so if orton comes back in time he will face a heel at wm for title.

claud3
01-07-2012, 21:20
byrant and orton at WM sounds like the match i would love to see. Not knowing the out come of a near balanced WM match

That is a match to watch for any money

berts08
01-10-2012, 13:04
Did the ref fuck up CM Punks match? This fued with Kane and Cena is fucking stupid, its going to lead to nothing in the end.

Yuuichi
01-10-2012, 14:20
Did the ref fuck up CM Punks match? This fued with Kane and Cena is fucking stupid, its going to lead to nothing in the end.

Looks like the ref did mess up. Everyone was surprised. That was a big kistake. Just got to check updates and see what happens. same with wtf brodus clay.

XMW
01-10-2012, 15:37
Ok, not the Brodus Clay I expected, but he was fun nontheless, for one he actually has a gimmick unlike 70% of the roster.

As for Punk's match I'm not sure. If it was a botch Michael Cole did a great job of covering it up. However, this could easily play into the Ziggler vs Punk story at the RR. Since Johnny Ace was at ringside he saw with his own eyes that Swagger kicked out (thus allowing Swagger/Vickie to be at ringside at the RR), yet the referee's decision was that Swagger was pinned. Johnny can easily reverse the decision, it shouldn't be hard for him to reverse a ref's decision (altough Matt Striker came up with some BS story on NXT, on how you have to file for an unrightfull decision which has to be approved by attorneys etc.. That's why Striker needs to GTFO of the announcing booth).

yourmumsface17
01-10-2012, 15:39
Trying to post a GIF (how do you do that eurrgh)

nofear01
01-10-2012, 15:40
Can someone explain what happened with Punk? I missed the re-caps this weekend on Sky1.

XMW
01-10-2012, 19:10
Can someone explain what happened with Punk? I missed the re-caps this weekend on Sky1.

If you're talking about his match on Raw yesterday; he wrestled Jack Swagger and he went for a Randy Savage Elbow Drop, he hit it and went for the pin. The ref counted to 3 even though Swagger got his shoulder up at 2. Punk looked really pissed, Ziggler was confused and the ref immidiately apoligised to Punk.

Suley
01-10-2012, 20:06
(altough Matt Striker came up with some BS story on NXT, on how you have to file for an unrightfull decision which has to be approved by attorneys etc.. That's why Striker needs to GTFO of the announcing booth).

What?!
Matt Striker is the best commentator in the WWE, at least when he calls the play-by-play he uses the right names for the wrestling moves and actually does his job correctly!

33x
01-10-2012, 20:26
If you're talking about his match on Raw yesterday; he wrestled Jack Swagger and he went for a Randy Savage Elbow Drop, he hit it and went for the pin. The ref counted to 3 even though Swagger got his shoulder up at 2. Punk looked really pissed, Ziggler was confused and the ref immidiately apoligised to Punk.

it looks like ref Jack Doan messed up here. Immediately after Swagger got his shoulder up, Punk went for the Anaconda Vice because that was likely the next spot. Instead, the match ended on a signature Punk spot that has not been a finishing move for him. Look at Punk’s reaction at the 4:34 mark in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931ioXrNS7s). He was going for the Anaconda Vice, which could have been the planned finish or maybe the GTS a few moments later. After the bell rings, Punk looks legit pissed off…and he won the match. So it lends me to believe it was messed up by the ref, which is crazy at the WWE level. They know what the finishes are and Jack Doan has been working for WWE for 20 years, so that really confused me. My first reaction was it was a total work as a way for Laurinaitis to say he’s the best ref for the job in a Punk match. The way it turned out, though, didn’t suggest that to be true. It looked like a total mistake. His face told that story too. He was embarrassed, Punk reacted to it unfavorably despite winning the match and the others around ringside didn’t appear ready for that to be the finish too

Yuuichi
01-10-2012, 21:02
All I know is sombody better call Jack Doans mama!!

XMW
01-10-2012, 21:40
There are two reasons why I think it was a work.

1) Swagger had his eyes nearly in the back of his head, from the first count on, making sure he was going to kick up right before the ref's hand hit the mat for the third time (just check the video).
2) The referee would delay the last count a bit, like they always do...but he really didn't, and I can't be convinced that an experienced ref would end the match on a flying elbow from the top rope (has Punk ever won with that?), instead of a GTS or the Anaconda Vice.

Is it just a coincidence that the botch happens, in that manner, after learning Laurinaitis is going to referee the Punk/Zig match, AND while John was ringside?

Punk was probably told to continue with the match, immediately, for the effect...and to act mad, for seconds, despite the win.

That's just my take on it though. I could be completely wrong and the ref just fucked up, but I'm not convinced yet. :)

Yuuichi
01-11-2012, 00:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OVPE5ZCl4&feature=related

Funk is on a roll!!!! I give the WWE Devs props for this. Talk about something unpredictable.

Molo316
01-11-2012, 00:26
"Somebody call ma momma!"

That felt like an insult after the way they had been bigging him up. I'm on the feeling that he's going to snap at some point and then just completely dominate, but if they actually stick to this and give him something to work with them I commend them big time.
You have to give props to Brodus for pulling this off. He seemed believable and didn't look embarrassed when pulling it off.

claud3
01-11-2012, 00:40
that was some thing else, its like the hoe's train all over again. But fatter

Molo316
01-11-2012, 03:08
The birds with him were Naomi (from NXT) and Ariane (from Tough Enough - the one who got eliminated first saying that her favourite match of all-time was Alicia Fox vs Melina... What?).
If they're going to be classed as Ho's then at least one of them [Naomi] had a great ass.

Going on to TNA, am I the only one who can't stand Crimson?

Yuuichi
01-11-2012, 03:56
I never was a fan of Crimson. I am thinking the Punk thing was a work, or else why would they ever show a botched replay.

Molo316
01-11-2012, 04:27
I never was a fan of Crimson. I am thinking the Punk thing was a work, or else why would they ever show a botched replay.

Good to know. Glad I'm not the only one.

It could have been a legitimate botch that was conveniently placed. Usually, when coming down for the third count, when the match isn't supposed to end, the ref turns his arm inwards which would always prevnt him from making a three-count.
Anyway, my point of it being legit and convenient is because now, Funkman could say, "This is why I'm going to referee the match: so that no mistakes like that are made!"

To me, it looked like Jack Swagger was keeping an eye on the ref's count. At first I thought Swagger had just screwed up and kicked out too late, but of course, the replay said differently.

XMW
01-11-2012, 09:30
I hate Crimson. He is absolutely useless in every single department. Yes TNA, push your own talent, but not someone who is utter shit like Crimson.

33x
01-11-2012, 09:39
There are two reasons why I think it was a work.

1) Swagger had his eyes nearly in the back of his head, from the first count on, making sure he was going to kick up right before the ref's hand hit the mat for the third time (just check the video).
2) The referee would delay the last count a bit, like they always do...but he really didn't, and I can't be convinced that an experienced ref would end the match on a flying elbow from the top rope (has Punk ever won with that?), instead of a GTS or the Anaconda Vice.

Is it just a coincidence that the botch happens, in that manner, after learning Laurinaitis is going to referee the Punk/Zig match, AND while John was ringside?

Punk was probably told to continue with the match, immediately, for the effect...and to act mad, for seconds, despite the win.

That's just my take on it though. I could be completely wrong and the ref just fucked up, but I'm not convinced yet. :)

Defo not, the ref fucked up

yourmumsface17
01-11-2012, 14:34
I'm not sure, I'm sure I read a while back refs weren't to know the outcome to add "realism" to the match. (Could have been bollocks though) However Cole did a great job of covering it up after and it fits the story line nicely so I am inclined to say that it was a work.

33x
01-11-2012, 14:36
it looks like ref Jack Doan messed up here. Immediately after Swagger got his shoulder up, Punk went for the Anaconda Vice because that was likely the next spot. Instead, the match ended on a signature Punk spot that has not been a finishing move for him. Look at Punk’s reaction at the 4:34 mark in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931ioXrNS7s). He was going for the Anaconda Vice, which could have been the planned finish or maybe the GTS a few moments later. After the bell rings, Punk looks legit pissed off…and he won the match. So it lends me to believe it was messed up by the ref, which is crazy at the WWE level. They know what the finishes are and Jack Doan has been working for WWE for 20 years, so that really confused me. My first reaction was it was a total work as a way for Laurinaitis to say he’s the best ref for the job in a Punk match. The way it turned out, though, didn’t suggest that to be true. It looked like a total mistake. His face told that story too. He was embarrassed, Punk reacted to it unfavorably despite winning the match and the others around ringside didn’t appear ready for that to be the finish too

not a work!

yourmumsface17
01-11-2012, 14:45
Yeah he does yell at the ref, I honestly don't know now :lol:

I like when WWE work the internet, whether it's an accident or not.

Molo316
01-11-2012, 17:54
I hate Crimson. He is absolutely useless in every single department. Yes TNA, push your own talent, but not someone who is utter shit like Crimson.
In the Tag Team title match at Genesis, Magnus even had to get off of Matt Morgan when the ref got to a two count because Crimson was too slow to get in the ring and break up the pin.

XMW
01-11-2012, 18:16
In the Tag Team title match at Genesis, Magnus even had to get off of Matt Morgan when the ref got to a two count because Crimson was too slow to get in the ring and break up the pin.

Yeah I noticed that too.

TNA pushed Crimson as an unstoppable monster with an undefeated streak, trying to make him their Goldberg. Unfortunately for them Crimson already had losses back when he portrayed Amazing Red's brother. So I don't see why they even bothered with that, it didn't even get him over (altough tbf hardly anyone can get over in that shithole aka Impact Zone). I wish they'd just release Crimson. No point in sending him to OVW because there isn't anything to improve.

Molo316
01-11-2012, 18:20
Yeah I noticed that too.

TNA pushed Crimson as an unstoppable monster with an undefeated streak, trying to make him their Goldberg. Unfortunately for them Crimson already had losses back when he portrayed Amazing Red's brother. So I don't see why they even bothered with that, it didn't even get him over (altough tbf hardly anyone can get over in that shithole aka Impact Zone). I wish they'd just release Crimson. No point in sending him to OVW because there isn't anything to improve.
I can't remember him losing exactly. I remember him losing a tag team match or two, but of course he wasn't the one who actually "lost" the match.
He really annoys me. I suppose it's because he keeps winning, but his character doesn't appeal to me at all. Brock Lesnar at the time was someone who appealed to me, so when he won the title off The Rock at SummerSlam I was well happy, and then it hit me that he had been pushed way too fast.

Thinking as a marketer, it would probably be good for Crimson to still be undefeated when he inevitably goes for the TNA Heavyweight title, but then, unless Matt Morgan is the one who gets pinned or taps out, he'll have the tag team title, as well as potentially even more!
If they made him hold every title in TNA at one time that would majorly suck bawls!

XMW
01-11-2012, 18:43
They could have someone attack Crimson backstage right before a scheduled Tag Title match, thus making it a handicap match for Morgan. Morgan loses the title, Crimson wasn't in the match thus he doesn't lose his streak. I could see it happen altough I dont want it to happen.
And I might've been wrong in him losing singles matches already, but I was pretty sure he already lost, though I'm beginning to doubt now.
Anyway, the only push Crimson should be getting is a push out of the door.

claud3
01-11-2012, 19:02
Crimson and the blue print, should not be tag champs. Because they have them has the one's looking for the right tag team to fight and thats the companies job... Even this Random tag team thing they have going now. Its awfulsince eric bishoff came to TNA, he and hogan and flairHave tried to turn it into WCW with all the drama that company had and more... Its just sad how its turned into a joke rather than an wrestling company... They have failed to capture what wrestling is all about TNA is dullThis is One of TNA'S top Paper-per-views and this is how it panned out

On Sunday night, "Genesis" aired live on Pay-Per-View and on the internet from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, featuring Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship and much more! Catch the replay all this week on your cable or satellite provider, or watch it online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com.Scroll down for results, plus ringside photos below from the Pay-Per-View eventTune into Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV at 9/8c for the aftermath from the event, plus exclusive footage! If you can't watch it, set your DVR to record it.

Quick Results from the Pay-Per-View:

X-Division Title: Austin Aries Def. Zema Ion, Kid Kash and Jesse Sorensen

Devon Def. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

Gunner Def. Rob Van Dam

Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim Def. Mickie James

Monster’s Ball Match: Abyss Def. Ray

Tag Team Championship: Crimson & Matt Morgan Def. Samoa Joe & Magnus

Kurt Angle Def. "Cowboy" James Storm

Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Hardy wins due to DQ, However Roode retains title

Results from the Genesis Pay-Per-View

X-Division Title: Rap Star Rick Ross was in attendance who promptly made his feelings known of his opinion of Zema Ion during his entrance. At the start of the match Aries immediately left the ring followed by Kash, which left Ion and Sorensen duking it out in the ring. The two finally made their way back in after seeing an opportunity for a pin however neither was able to follow through for the pin. After bringing the fight outside Ion took a massive twist off the top rope to the outside of the ring to take out Aries and Kash, followed by Sorensen taking a dive off the top as well. Ion managed to get the first elimination by pinning Kash. Sorensen nearly got the second elimination on Aries but was stopped by Ion, though this came back on him as Sorensen shortly after eliminated Ion. Aries nearly had an elimination on Sorensen however the ref was distracted missed the pin. After Ion, who was waiting outside the ring, interfered by stopping Sorensen from taking out Aries, Aries was able to take advantage and get the pin on Sorensen to retain the X-Division Championship.

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero vs. Devon: The match got off to a quick start with Devon running to the ring and immediately starting a very rough beat down on Pope with Devon’s sons Terrance and Terrell at ringside. This seemed to be a bit much for the Pope ashe begged him to stop shortly into the match. While Devon showed no mercy Pope was able to turn the match in his favor and maintain. Each time Devon managed to build a little bit of momentum the Pope would shut him down and keep the match in his control. Pope brought in Devon’s kids Terrance and Terrell and told them to start beating on their father, but after they wouldn’t he took them out, which unleashed the fire in Devon who went after Pope in a full on assault and led to Devon getting the pin on “The Pope”. After the match Devon and his sons resolved their personal issues and were all back together.

Gunner vs. Rob Van Dam: The match started with the two competitors exchanging holds on each other with neither seeming to gain the upper hand. They ended up exchanging blows and kicks with control of the match going from RVD during much of the early part of the match to Gunner after receiving some advice from his mentor Ric Flair. The match went outside of the ring where Gunner attempted to expose the concrete as he has done with competitors on the past few weeks of IMPACT WRESTLING but was stopped by the referee and was forced back into the ring. RVD managed to start building momentum in his favor, however Gunner left to go to the outside the ring next to Ric Flair. RVD attempted to dive on Gunner outside the ring however Flair pulled Gunner away and Van Dam landed on the exposed concrete below. As the Ref was distracted dealing with Flair,Gunner DDT’d RVD on the exposed concrete then got him back into the ring to get the pin for the win. RVD was stretchered out of ringside by emergency personnel.

Knockouts Championship: As part of a stipulation suggested by Velvet Sky to Sting, Rayne was forced to stay inside a cage hung at ringside during the match, which was dubbed “Velvet’s Touch”. The match went back and forth with many near pin falls coming from each competitor in a very physical match. Though Rayne was suspended at ringside (and she made sure you didn’t forget she was there…) she still managed to interfere by tossing two brass knuckles with the first being discovered by the ref, however the second managed to be intercepted by Mickie who used them against Gail and led to a disqualification. As a result Gail Kim retained the Knockouts Championship.

Monster’s Ball Match: At the start of the match Bully Ray delayed then inevitable and continuously left the ring. Finally Ray grabbed a chair and taunted the Monster who left to grab a chair and even the odds. After some back and forth the Monster took it upon him self to load the ring up with weapons and the match continued. Finally after Ray turned his back, Abyss brought out Janice from under the ring which prompted Bully Ray to give up and leave. Abyss would not have this and he went and brought him back in to the match. From this point the match continued to get more brutal with barbed wire, a cheese grater, and thumbtacks. After Abyss attempted to slam Ray into the thumbtacks Ray went for the table, however Abyss managed to counter and send Ray into the table instead. Between Abyss being sandwiched between Razor board and Ray being slammed into thumbtacks it’s amazing these two competitors were able to continue as long as they did. Finally, after a black hole slam into barbed wire a bloodied Abyss was declared the winner and he will retain his freedom from Immortal.
After years of Monster’s Ball matches this one tops them all.Later during the Tag Team Championship match Ray was seen beating down on Abyss. Later in the Pay-Per-View the cameras caught up with Ray who was cleaning blood off to find out what happened to Abyss however he said he had no idea where he was.

Tag Team Championship: Starting out with Morgan and Joe these two started with an exchange of blows that Morgan seemed unaffected by for the first few, however after continued blows Joe seemed to start effecting Morgan. Shortly into the match both Magnus and Crimson were tagged in and a lot of back and froth happened until Crimson tagged in Morgan and gave Magnus repeated elbows then immediately tagged Crimson back in. The match continued with a series of quick tags to and smart tag team strategy by both teams. The challengers were in control of a big part of the match but it managed to turn around back into the favor of Morgan and Crimson leading to Morgan getting the pin on Magnus and the duo retaining the World Tag Team Titles.

Kurt Angle vs. "Cowboy" James Storm This match started out with each competitor being very cautious so as to not make a mistake. The pace started to pick up with Storm in control of the match and keeping the pressure on Angle. After a slight hesitation on the part of James Storm, Angle managed to turn things in his favor and maintain it for a large part of the match. Storm was eventually able to get things turned back in his favor, however Kurt retaliated with multiple suplexes and a moonsault. From here on the control changed back and forth between the two. In the end Angle managed to avoid the last call super kick and answer with a low blow and a kick to the face to take out Storm and get the pin on him.

Heavyweight Title Match: The crowd was in favor of the challenger Jeff Hardy for this match. Roode started out dominating Hardy with his calculated ground and pound style. Hardy was able to gain control and bring it outside of the ring where Hardy managed to wear down Roode and at one point cleared fans from ring side and drop kicked Roode into the guard rail. However, after this Roode dominated and wore down Hardy punishing every inch of his body. Bobby’s strategy for the most part seemed to be to keep Hardy on the mat to prevent him from going high risk, essentially cutting off his main means for offense. Finally Roode mocked Hardy before jumping on him off the ropes and Hardy managed to lift his leg in time to take out Roode. Though Hardy was slow to get up he managed to turn the tide in his favor. From here forward the control seemed to go back and forth though not according to Roode’s plan and at one point he attempted to leave and take the count out, though Hardy would not allow it. Hardy continuously put the pressure on Roode who tried leaving yet again with thetitle. In desperation Roode kicked the referee to get the disqualification, which gives Hardy the win but allows Roode to retain the title. An unhappy Hardy gave Roode, who was laid out from a twist of fate right before the ref called for a disqualification, a farewell Swonton Bomb and left the arena.

Link: http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3277-Results-From-Genesis-Bobby-Roode-vs-Jeff-Hardy-For-The-World-Title-More

it just shows, from reading that...They really have the dullest matches and most predictable matches of any wrestling company i have watched over the 22 years of watching wrestling.... Its just insane how they are still going or vince has not bought them out yet

XMW
01-11-2012, 19:46
TNA has a big company supporting them financially (Panda Energy), just like Ted Turner was funding WCW. TNA won't be sold to Vince (or die) in the near future anyway. TNA is still one of the highest rated shows on Spike TV, so there's no doubt they'll keep their tv deal, couple that with the fact that Dixie Carter can throw around money like she has in the past number of years, and you can see TNA is here to stay.

Personally I like TNA, and I really want them to grow and compete with WWE. They just need to get rid of a number of wrestlers, a number of staff and then they can produce the show they should.

Btw, the Monsters Ball match was awesome, Bully Ray is one of the best heels in the business today.

claud3
01-12-2012, 00:34
Look i have respect for the wrestlers, its just to me the matches in some case's are excellent, amazing and a direct rival to the WWE... its the story lines and the WWE reject aspect and the same faces over and over again... This piss's me of the most

I watch TNA hoping its improved over time and it has to an extend... Its just that money will not buy them everything just hopes and to compete with the WWE, they just need to grow and as you said get rid of some wrestlers and staff

Tven
01-12-2012, 01:21
totally agree with the comments about crimson..........i love tna impact (going to the nottingham show in 2 weeks!), but if theyre going to give anyone a long winning (or non losing) streak, at least make it believable! hes just AWFUL

Molo316
01-12-2012, 02:55
On the comments about TNA staying: I agree, and I'd love for them to really rival the WWE so they'd have to step their game up. It was a real shame that the Monday Night Wars never got off the ground again a few years back (between the WWE and TNA).
But I saw a few reports flying around that TNA were accused of not paying bills or something, and read today that two weeks worth of Impact tapings have been cancelled. No idea if there's any link between the two pieces of news but it just seems convenient.

I agree that Bully Ray is a top heel. He's actually in the best shape of his life too. He's a big guy but you can just see his arms are very defined now, in comparison to his WWE days... not to mention his calves that he always goes on about :lol:
I loved his shout-out of "OW, MY BAWLS! when Abyss ran the cheese grater along his nuts :lol:
If I were a wrestler I would love to work a match with Bully Ray. He's a great heel and, even if he may be a dick outside the ring at all, he seems like a real professional in the ring.

Yeah, TNA is full of "WWE rejects". That's a point that always comes up. But if you think about it, TNA isn't PG, so there's the possibility that for these guys who go [back] over to TNA, they seek the thrill to be that little bit more brash with their words and actions. Sometimes it feels like a real throw-back to the old WWF days, in terms of the way their lines are delivered, not necessarily the stories themselves.
In addition, apart from the main event matches, the action is a lot more faster, and I feel more inclined to actually watch TNA matches. When I sit and watch Raw on TV I often find myself browsing these forums on my iPod rather than watching the action.
And something I greatly admire about TNA is their dedication to the ladies division. They actually seem to care that they exist and want to give a performance - by that I mean all you have to do is compare the length of women's matches between WWE and TNA; even the other week they let Mickie James and Gail Kim main event their weekly show, even though it was close to a PPV and have a rivalry going on with Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy.

Last note: my brother tells me that Bobby Roode reminds him of Triple H when he first won the WWF title. I concur.

XMW
01-12-2012, 11:40
On the comments about TNA staying: I agree, and I'd love for them to really rival the WWE so they'd have to step their game up. It was a real shame that the Monday Night Wars never got off the ground again a few years back (between the WWE and TNA).
But I saw a few reports flying around that TNA were accused of not paying bills or something, and read today that two weeks worth of Impact tapings have been cancelled. No idea if there's any link between the two pieces of news but it just seems convenient.

Hm, I haven't read that personally, but it could be true. Were those Impact Tapings on the road, or were they just Florida tapings?

I agree that Bully Ray is a top heel. He's actually in the best shape of his life too. He's a big guy but you can just see his arms are very defined now, in comparison to his WWE days... not to mention his calves that he always goes on about :lol:
I loved his shout-out of "OW, MY BAWLS! when Abyss ran the cheese grater along his nuts :lol:
If I were a wrestler I would love to work a match with Bully Ray. He's a great heel and, even if he may be a dick outside the ring at all, he seems like a real professional in the ring.

Yeah, I loved that too. Bully Ray is such a great heel, by just being in the same ring as a face with Ray could get you kind of over with the crowd I'd say because the crowd naturally will cheer Ray's opponent lol.

Yeah, TNA is full of "WWE rejects". That's a point that always comes up. But if you think about it, TNA isn't PG, so there's the possibility that for these guys who go [back] over to TNA, they seek the thrill to be that little bit more brash with their words and actions. Sometimes it feels like a real throw-back to the old WWF days, in terms of the way their lines are delivered, not necessarily the stories themselves.
In addition, apart from the main event matches, the action is a lot more faster, and I feel more inclined to actually watch TNA matches. When I sit and watch Raw on TV I often find myself browsing these forums on my iPod rather than watching the action.
And something I greatly admire about TNA is their dedication to the ladies division. They actually seem to care that they exist and want to give a performance - by that I mean all you have to do is compare the length of women's matches between WWE and TNA; even the other week they let Mickie James and Gail Kim main event their weekly show, even though it was close to a PPV and have a rivalry going on with Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy.

Last note: my brother tells me that Bobby Roode reminds him of Triple H when he first won the WWF title. I concur.

Hm, yeah it could be that they go to TNA for the thrill, or they go to TNA for the money lol. (though I doubt that, TNA doesn't pay very good, alot of Indy wrestlers have stated they rejected TNA contract offers because they earn more on the Indy's). And don't get me wrong, it's sometimes great if TNA signs ex-WWE wrestlers (think Pope, Dudleys, Angle), but they sometimes go overboard like when they signed Trevor Murdoch, Test, Rikishi.
And they should fire Mr. Anderson, can't stand that guy.

As for the Knockouts, I agree. I don't like women wrestling that much, I always skip diva matches but TNA can have some great KO matches. Especially in 2009 I think it was, they had the Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong matches which were awesome, and now you have Madison Rayne, Mickie James and Velvet Sky who are all pretty decent from what I've seen.

Also I love the X-Division. I love 4 way matches with high paced spot wrestling. Kid Kash, Austin Aries, Zema Ion are awesome. TNA should sign Jack Evans (already turned down the contract offer around Destination X), Ricochet, Uhaa Nation, Low Ki and PAC. Those are some of the best wrestlers in the world who could easily fit in the X- Division. :)

Yuuichi
01-12-2012, 14:27
TNA was better before hogan. Yes I read they canceled a bunch of UK stuff due to budget. Get rid of Hogan, Bitchoff, ruso and you just saved enough for some advertising and new stars.

claud3
01-12-2012, 20:19

you have helped me change my view mate, the thing is i am a WWE fan through and through. I always question, challenge and fight against new companies to rival the WWE. Maybe its a change that is needed and it has to come from me

XMW
01-12-2012, 20:53
you have helped me change my view mate, the thing is i am a WWE fan through and through. I always question, challenge and fight against new companies to rival the WWE. Maybe its a change that is needed and it has to come from me

I think everyone who posts in this thread is a WWE fan. But in order for WWE to get better programming (it's decent now but nothing compared to the AE) they need some competition. Without competition there is no reason for WWE to work harder then they do now because they're still making millions of dollars with decreased attendence, ratings and PPV buys. :)

Btw, I think if ROH were to get a national tv deal (I dont think Sinclair is broadcasted all through the US) they could catch up on TNA and become the #2 promotion in America.

claud3
01-12-2012, 21:05
If R.O.H and TNA battle it out in a invade kind of thing, like the WWE and WCW and ECW did

They would get the attention of even more WWE fans

And a lot more promotion

Tven
01-13-2012, 00:53
nice to see a good TNA debate going on.............now they just need to cut down the lengths of the promos between matches and itll be near perfection haha

Molo316
01-13-2012, 03:22
Hm, I haven't read that personally, but it could be true. Were those Impact Tapings on the road, or were they just Florida tapings?
This is what I read:

The January 16th and 17th IMPACT Taping originally scheduled for next week has been removed on the Universal Studios Website and has likely been canceled.

Pro Wrestling Dot Net

Thanks for reading.

I was the same at first. I didn't want to bother with TNA at all because I thought I'd gotten into wrestling because of the WWF/E. But, I got bored, and here we are.

nice to see a good TNA debate going on.............now they just need to cut down the lengths of the promos between matches and itll be near perfection haha
I agree! When I first took up watching TNA I thought they were more action, but I found that they do just as much talking as WWE, or even more sometimes. I was shocked when an opening promo was literally 28 minutes or so.

$Greatness$
01-13-2012, 10:06
TNA will continue to fail when you're still having a drunk fight for the Heavyweight championship. Where's A.J Storm and Samoa Joe? Who the hell is Magnus? Damn, I feel like a wrasslin' noob. Damn you, Vince. lol

XMW
01-13-2012, 12:44
TNA will continue to fail when you're still having a drunk fight for the Heavyweight championship. Where's A.J Storm and Samoa Joe? Who the hell is Magnus? Damn, I feel like a wrasslin' noob. Damn you, Vince. lol

Storm is wrestling in a #1 contenders match for the World Title next week or the week thereafter lol.

33x
01-13-2012, 12:51
Joe needs to go to WWE asap.

claud3
01-13-2012, 17:18
TNA needs the weapon of promotion and acknowledging their failures, just like the WWE and move past them and get their roots back... Then they will grow to rival the WWE

XMW
01-13-2012, 21:34
Apparantly Hulk Hogan is going to shave off his trademark mustache and hair. If TNA is smart they'll do an angle where Bobby Roode shaves Hogan's stache and hair after beating him down. Not only will this give Roode alot of heel heat, it will VERY likely give TNA huge mainstream exposure and publicity.

claud3
01-13-2012, 21:45
a hair match, really mate

a simple hogan choice is more than easy... But i get were you are coming from

XMW
01-13-2012, 23:35
Yeah a hair match would be possible too, but Hogan can't really do anything in the ring lol..

Also I just bought the Dragon Gate USA Uprising 2011 dvd, it has an awesome trailer for one of their Philly shows which you guys should check out. It's basically highlight clips from that 1 Philly show, but you can get a small taste of the awesome action DGUSA usually has. The big guy (Brodie Lee) you see dishing out a big boot to the smaller guy (Yamato) at 0:36 is pretty great too, and I reckon WWE or TNA will sign him to a deal very soon. I think TNA already had him for tryouts, he moves great for a big guy and he also looks like he can tear you to pieces which is a nice attribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcpFVxoXoiw

Yuuichi
01-14-2012, 03:34
Guys download Brodus Clay theme on itunes, only $1.29(not sure euro change). Just to support even as a joke. Call your Mamma!! lol

claud3
01-14-2012, 15:58
Saw the bigshow and bryant NO.D.Q match on smackdown... What is the WWE doing with this rival between them two

And bryant is fighting Henry next week on smackdown.. I told you it would be either one match against bigshow or henery or a match against both wrestlers and here we are and i see a three way match for the title..

Yuuichi
01-14-2012, 18:42
Saw the bigshow and bryant NO.D.Q match on smackdown... What is the WWE doing with this rival between them two

And bryant is fighting Henry next week on smackdown.. I told you it would be either one match against bigshow or henery or a match against both wrestlers and here we are and i see a three way match for the title..

Yeah looks like a three way. So daniel is going heel does this mean henry will switch? Royal rumble looks to be won by jericho while orton going to win elimination chamber if he back in time cause he still won't be top condition. This will set up wm.

claud3
01-14-2012, 19:05
Yeah looks like a three way. So daniel is going heel does this mean henry will switch? Royal rumble looks to be won by jericho while orton going to win elimination chamber if he back in time cause he still won't be top condition. This will set up wm.

looks that way.. But the WWE is thrown all these things into theair and seeing which one's will get caught first, if you know what i mean. Ideas on rivals, stories and accidents

XMW
01-15-2012, 11:19
Last night was the very last time wrestling was promoted in the historic ECW arena. CZW had their tribute show in the afternoon, and EVOLVE had their show later that day. The Arena is under new ownership and the new owners don't want to hold wrestling or boxing events in the building. This building was the home of CZW since 2004 and no other company has held as many shows there as CZW. So they'll have to go find a new building. From what I read the 2 shows were pretty great, with some ECW alumni coming out to pay tribute to the arena. Sabu, Justin Credible and Joey Styles (even though he's contracted to WWE) have appeared from what I read.

EDIT: in case someone is interested in reading the EVOLVE results:
COMPLETE THOUGHTS ON EVOLVE, THE FINAL WRESTLING EVENT IN THE ECW ARENA AND THEIR 'FADE TO BLACK' ENDING
By Mike Johnson on 2012-01-14 19:40:00

First, thank you to those of you who wrote me about my column earlier today. I'll write you back once I return to NYC.
Well, for the last time, I am sitting in a balcony above the ECW Arena. It's pretty wild to think this will be curtains for the building and I am really hoping the wrestling Gods will give us a fun show on the way out. There are quite a few surprises tonight.

We had surprise number one with Low Ki returning to the ECW Arena, defeating Ahtu. Low Ki and Gabe Sapolsky, together again! Ki looked like a monster killing Ahtu. He never even took the bluetooth out of his ear. It was a great way to get the place to really explode. Low Ki's promo was really strong. I love the idea of Ki as the face of the company and as someone who wants to be the face of pro wrestling as a sport. I loved the "I want my profession back" line. Ki using Taz's old catchphrase was a nice way to pay tribute to him and the past of the venue. Ki and Taz always had a lot in common in terms of the way they approach the business

Cheech vs. Cloudy was just great. It was two guys going all out with lots of crazy back and forth spots and this hard hitting match. I really thought Cheech was going to be the first fatality in the building when he missed a dive and hit the floor with this disgusting splat. Hernandez going over makes sense since it was the first match of their feud. Good stuff!

The Scene vs. Alex Reynolds and John Silva was a really good, old school traditional tag team bout. Now when I say that, I mean that they did a great job of building the story in terms of the way tag matches should be presented, with the heels working over the babyfaces for a long time to build to the hot tag. There was some really good mat wrestling early on and Reynolds, who is currently the most underrated guy on the independents, pulling out some great looking submission variations. The Scene going over makes sense since they are the most established team. Good stuff.

Jigsaw thanking the building for their support of CHIKARA was a nice gesture. In a perfect world, all the promotions would have gotten a last show here but EVOLVE giving Jigsaw the forum was cool.

AR Fox vs. Jigsaw was solid. Fox is one of the most athletically gifted flyers to come along in a long, long time but he's not going to have a long career doing some of the stuff he's throwing out there. The flying legdrop onto the apron is a surefire recipe for pain. I actually thought Fox looked better here than he did in the CZW match. Jigsaw's finishing sequence and his superkick was just brutal.

The post match angle with Sami Callihan mocking Fox and daring him to fight to try and trick Fox into getting suspended and fined was an interesting idea. Callihan clinking the bottles was obviously right out of "The Warriors". Mike Kehner, Callihan and Fox all did a really good job here.

Uhaa Nation defeating Pinky Sanchez was a great way to introduce him to EVOLVE. Sanchez had some offense but nothing that really made anyone think Nation was in any real danger. When Nation finally unleashed his move power moves and the standing moonsault combination, the place exploded. He looks and acts like the real deal. Sanchez actually did a hell of a job selling the final move.

Ricochet's promo ripping on the venue and the fans was eh. It seemed like he wasn't comfortable doing it, at least in how he delivered it. I got the idea of what he was trying to do, but it didn't carry the inflection or gravity to make it truly believable. It sort of reminded me of an eh WWE promo in how it came across. When Ronin came out, it was a totally different story. Rich Swann is bursting with charisma and his interaction with the crowd during his free-styling was awesome. Just fun in the right way.

The Super Smash Brothers vs. Ronin was tag team wrestling on acid, with a lot of crazed, athletic, double team spots. I don't know that the match would appeal to everyone but for the crowd in this building, it got over huge. Really impressive stuff.

They played the ten year anniversary of the Arena video during intermission, followed by a message thanking everyone past and present who made the venue what it is. Man, watching that thing was like watching a small piece of my heart - it was literally an endless procession of visuals that I loved at the time. So good. Michael Pancoast, who produced it, is a hell of a hand.

Jon Davis' win over Kyle Matthews was OK. It was more a match to set up Davis for 2012 and begin the storyline return of Dave Finlay. Works for me! Match was fine

Callihan vs. Fish was just another in a series of good back and forth bouts. Bobby Fish is just so good in the ring, its ridiculous. They worked a totally straight forward grappling style mixed with some really good strikes. Callihan is head and shoulders over a lot of the independents when it comes to how he handles his persona and even the way he stalks around the ring. The series of kicks back and forth to the legs was nasty, like a throwback to UWFi back in the day. Yoji Anjoh woud be pleased. Well, unless he ran into Rickson Gracie. Callihan's kick to the back of Fish's knee was disgustingly brutal. I loved the spot where Fish looked to be ready to finally call it a day and tap but AR Fox slapped him to motivate him. Fox then distracting Callihan so Fish could trap him in the leglock for the win was a nice touch in that they haven't done a lot of angles to lead to finishes, so this is a way to put more storyline fodder into EVOLVE and use it to push DGUSA at the same time.

This led to Fox handcuffing himself to try and intice Callihan to attack him now instead. Callihan wanted to drill him with the bottle but finally walked out, pissed. The bottle thing has to be leading to a big spot either tonight or down the line.

Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet was another hard hitting, hard fought match with a lot of fun back and forth sequences early and decent near falls. Ricochet whipping out the Space Flying Tiger Drop was awesome. There were some other nice spots but it was probably a little too long in certain sequences as you could see the crowd getting a little restless. Part of that was that Gargano was hurt towards the end, although the crowd didn't realize it until after the match. He took a long time getting out o the ring and was helped out by the Commission doctor. It wasn't him selling but being injured. I couldn't pinpoint where it happened.

Now, as for the last segment of the Arena, among those I spoke to afterward, a lot of them HATED it. I don't think that's how I would have booked the ending of the building but I totally got what Gabe Sapolsky was going for. Everyone was expecting the happy ending and he teased giving it. He had all the ECW guys out there for one last hurrah and then CZW tried to ruin it all. The image of the dream team of Tod Gordon, Gary Wolfe, JT Smith and Joey Styles in jeopardy at the hands of CZW will be one of my all time favorite moments of just sheer random insanity. Of course you get the violent run-ins with Balls and New Jack making the save, only Justin Credible lays out New Jack and Sabu hits the scene. The crowd LOVED this as they were alllll about ECW. Credible and Sabu have this really decent ECW match and in the end Sabu is victorious. He should have been the last guy to win there. He put it on the map. I loved that aspect.

So the big angle is that for the first time, Sabu is going to talk in the Arena, only Sami Callihan hits the ring and blasts him with a glass bottle from behind and beats the hell out of him. Callihan's promo was awesome as he talked about how the Extreme era keeps getting sendoffs and happy endings and now he's just put it out of its misery once and for all. Everyone is waiting for the big run in or save and instead, it fades to black and when the lights come on, all that's left is the remnants of the table that was smashed and some other objects and garbage. Metallica's "Fade to Black" plays everyone is standing there waiting for something, anything to happen. It doesn't. Some fans boo. Some throw trash. I kept waiting for one last chair riot but no, the building just fades away into the night with Callihan having ruined things.

As I said, I knew what they were going for here. It was the Sopranos. The visual of the trash in the end was pretty artistic and the angle was gutsy in that you aren't sending the fans home happy when you "should." I thought it was a smart idea in theory, but was it the right angle? I don't know. It may have been the right angle but the wrong night to do it.

I want to note that I was happy just seeing some of the guys out there getting some well deserved applause. I loved seeing Sabu close the place. To me, the angle was fine as a way to make Callihan and do a renewed feud with Sabu.

However, to the majority of those who came to say goodbye, I don't know that they felt the same. I didn't feel this quell of anger towards Callihan in that they wanted to see him get his ass kicked from this. Instead, it was more of a shaking of heads of "This is what they did?"

I don't know that will translate to ticket sales. I don't know that this will translate to DVD sales. It might. The proof of success will be how well they can draw with the angle when they run their next series of shows. Until then, the jury is out, although I absolutely see what they were going for and well, ECW has had a ton of happy endings and this was obviously a middle finger to that. I just don't know that the audience wanted the finger flipped on a night where they wanted to come for closure.

Source: PWInsider

Tven
01-16-2012, 23:19
haha loving the Eric Young/ODB storyline on TNA, funny stuff! Also good to see Magnus being used better alongside samoa joe, and not the cast off jobber he seemed to be the past few months

Molo316
01-17-2012, 02:42
Yeah, I'm glad that they're going to carry on with Joe and Magnus as a tag team. WWE could take a page out of TNA's book here and develop tag teams.

By the way, Primo and Epico apparently won the Tag Team titles on a house show, so I would imagine Evan Bourne would be getting future endeavoured in the near future.

33x
01-17-2012, 09:14
It seem as evan is in the dog houe again, they had rematch on raw and didnt retains.

raw wsant to bad today, promo heavy.....CM Punk and Y2J will happen, CM said he is the best wrestler in the world, still loving Y2J not saying anything! my guess is, Y2J wins the rumble, eliminating randy orton in his home town (lil bit of revenge for the punt) and goes on to WM to face punk, THEN starts speaking after the rumble.

LastManDancing
01-17-2012, 10:04
Jericho is interesting and R-Truth's promo was very good. They were definitely the two highlights of Raw.

I found the past two weeks boring, but this wasn't as bad. It could be because I kept changing to watch The Office on netflix when losing interest.

XMW
01-17-2012, 11:06
John Laurinaitis has won a 5 star PWI Match Of The Year award from Dave Meltzer in the past lol.

Yuuichi
01-17-2012, 12:42
Raw was meh. Upset Ryder lost but saw it coming. John L. getting upset and going off was nice. Hopefully this will be the last week Jericho does the silent thing.

33x
01-17-2012, 17:17
yup -

@prowrestlingnet (https://twitter.com/#!/prowrestlingnet): WWE suspends Evan Bourne for 60 days due to another failed Wellness Policy test

Yuuichi
01-17-2012, 18:11
Fuck at this point Bourne is shooting himself in the foot. One more and he gone but wwe gonna put him in dog house for a while.

Molo316
01-17-2012, 23:34
He apparently has a load of heat on him backstage from the other wrestlers after he apparently ratted out R-Truth with the whole wellness thing the last time they both got suspended.

I can hear TNA a'snapping!

Jericho and R-Truth cracked me up proper last night. Hilarious stuff!
And I marked out when Wade Barrett called Mick Foley an "old git". #GodSaveTheQueen

claud3
01-18-2012, 15:33
The WWE is letting C.M punk go nuts with the mic and i am loving how this time around its a new spin on austin vs vince, were this time its words and less action and i see it edging the WWE in a direction were they open up more about how the company is run just a little. So we get a taste for more and that is when the WWE wins with the fans, because the fans want the honesty factor in their more often

Molo316
01-18-2012, 20:13
The WWE is letting C.M punk go nuts with the mic and i am loving how this time around its a new spin on austin vs vince, were this time its words and less action and i see it edging the WWE in a direction were they open up more about how the company is run just a little. So we get a taste for more and that is when the WWE wins with the fans, because the fans want the honesty factor in their more often

I agree. After the Triple H and Punk match last year, Punk just seemed to go downhill and became a face "product" of the WWE. At the end of Raw we saw him open up the reality once again and be blunt with his words; that's the CM Punk I've been missing so dearly. I hope they continue with this, and he doesn't become lame once again.

claud3
01-18-2012, 20:19
its a idea that is sitting well with the WWE and the reaction of the fans is clear, they love this no holds bar kind of mic honesty bashing of the WWE and the reality of the wrestling world..

I see it as a continuing factor for a long time. With other wrestlers to

Yuuichi
01-20-2012, 00:19
- Whether this is true or not, there was speculation among some of the WWE talents this week that Evan Bourne was trying to get himself fired after failing another Wellness test just weeks after he returned from the first suspension.

Oh Evan why would you. I guess go to TNA and rule X division but man.

XMW
01-20-2012, 12:41
Oh Evan why would you. I guess go to TNA and rule X division but man.

I read that report too, but I dont believe it one bit. Before his first suspension Bourne wrestled nearly every week on Raw + Smackdown occasionally + House shows. Bourne won a ton of matches, and seeing as how much he appeared on shows I'd say he made good money. There is (imo) no reason for Bourne to try and get fired, unless he wants to be a pothead and smoke pot every which he can't do in WWE, but can in TNA and the independant circuit.

claud3
01-21-2012, 21:21
I read that , TNA is sueing WWE because they are using Ric flair as an inductee into the WWE hall of fame and TNA are trying to block this attempt. Because they own the rights

its just weird how these companies all own the rights to each wrestler that pasts from one company to another

Molo316
01-21-2012, 22:03
I suppose if there's a buck to be made, they'll do it. But morally it's pathetic. I heard that when Jeff Hardy returned to WWE, TNA tried to copyright his name - that's basically his birthname; that was low really.

Yuuichi
01-22-2012, 18:10
Tna has been doing shitty things lately any ways. They should have never brought in hogan because that was the start of the downfall. They use to have fantastic matches and little promos. Now not so much.

claud3
01-22-2012, 20:05
i am giving TNA a by ball now and i am now getting the enjoyment in watching it. But the stories are crap, the rivals are crap and the only thing keeping me watching now and then is the odd match here and their. To much time on the mic and not enough time in the ring are fighters

XMW
01-22-2012, 22:58
Hm, I like TNA. Then again I'm a Hogan fan, so I don't mind it much when he's on. Plus I love the X-Division, Austin Aries is awesome, Zema Ion and Kid Kash are worth watching too, so is Robbie E. I've been following Robbie since his days in Pro Pain Pro Wrestling wrestling as Rob Eckos in 2003.

As for TNA sueing WWE, I doubt they will do it to be honest. They had given Mick Foley permission to appear on a Live Raw in 2011 too, and WWE could've sued TNA at Hardcore Justice 2010 when they used the ECW name on air yet they didn't.

berts08
01-23-2012, 10:21
I have a feeling Brock Lesnar might be a surprise entrant in the royal rumble, anyone think so?

33x
01-23-2012, 11:32
Maybe, i doubt it though.

Y2J to win in Randys hometown

yourmumsface17
01-23-2012, 12:30
No chance!

Maybe in a year or so, who knows.

Y2J to get major heat by eliminating Orton I reckon.

33x
01-23-2012, 12:42
and thats when he will start talking

yourmumsface17
01-23-2012, 12:46
He might even win the rumble without getting in the ring; it wouldn't suprise me for his music to hit then he just circles the ring high fiving people, then orton and someone eliminate themselves :lol:

XMW
01-23-2012, 15:59
I could've seen X-Pac be a surprise entrant in the Rumble. But he has Hep. C, not sure on WWE's policy on that but I doubt they'd let someone with that wrestle.

And I sure as hell don't hope Jericho wins it. My bet is Jericho though, personally I hope Wade Barrett wins.

Molo316
01-23-2012, 17:04
I read that at the moment they have no outside people waiting to enter the Rumble, which is a shame. I usually always look forward to seeing a popular face from the past one more time.

They announced on Smackdown that Orton is returning this week, so it seems they're definitely not going to let the hometown boy miss out.

I'd love to see Barrett win, or Sheamus is even deserving in my eyes. The only thing with him winning would be that he's a face and it might get too damn lame.

Yuuichi
01-23-2012, 17:12
Ok so Orton to win Rumble, Orton to win WM, and for Raw they interpret Jericho into main event either by a number 1 contenders, or winning belt at Elimination Chamber and facing Punk at WM. Hope I wrong about RR but knowing the creative team I won't be.

33x
01-23-2012, 17:20
Y2j will win, its a lock.

Seamus doest need the win, hes already been champ and doest seem in the title hunt atm

last 4 will be Y2J, orton, wade and seamus.

Still dont get your hate towards y2j wolverine, many have already ended you on that matter! who do you like then?

claud3
01-23-2012, 17:45
ortan to win or y2j... But on the other hand the undertaker could come back and win.... Setting him up for a WWE or WhC title shot at Wrestlemaina

33x
01-23-2012, 17:52
i really think the undertaker will call in quits, i cant remember him being out for a whole year..............he will have one last match, then call it a day - legend

claud3
01-23-2012, 18:04
got this wee bit of news from a official undertaker site

I know I know, we’re basically hearing the same thing over and over again. But this article lets us know a little on what’s been happening while he’s been gone, so I figured I’d post it.

The Undertaker has had another hip and shoulder operation since he’s been away from the ring. Last year around this time there was doubt in Taker’s health for WrestleMania but the latest word is that he’s recovered well and is ready for Miami.

We don’t know yet who Taker’s opponent is for WrestleMania 28 but word is that it has already been decided on. WWE officials have reportedly decided on the top three WrestleMania matches, including John Cena vs. The Rock, and Taker’s match will be the #2 top match on the card.

Link:http://www.phenomforever.com/?p=9024

So this is proof that the undertaker has been out because of HIP and Shoulder injury and has had an operation to fix them and is clear to wreslte..

on his oppontent at wrestlemaina is still to be sorted out

Suley
01-23-2012, 18:43
Apparently, Randy orton has returned from injury. He participated in a house show yesterday.

claud3
01-23-2012, 18:56
yep it seems he will be on RAW tonight and hoping he is fighting

XMW
01-23-2012, 21:08
Still dont get your hate towards y2j wolverine, many have already ended you on that matter! who do you like then?

I don't hate him, I just dislike him. To me he usually sounds like a dick (especially in his 2 books and on Twitter). I'm not interested in his matches or promo's at all. He's been doing the same shit in the ring since 1999. His promo's (in 2009) consisted of him talking slow, wearing a suit, calling the crowd hypocrites and saying he's the best in the world. You don't have to agree with me, I just think he's vastly overrated, he might barely make my top 20 of all time but I doubt it.

And who do I like? If you mean currently, I'd say Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, CM Punk, and from the Indy's/TNA Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Ricochet, PAC, Uhaa Nation, Davey Richards, Drake Younger, Ian Rotten and Chris Hero.
Of all time, eh Austin, Rock, Hogan, Lesnar, Nick Mondo, JC Bailey, and the guys I listed above, and I'm probably forgetting some.

Yuuichi
01-23-2012, 22:35
If Taker comes back then we may See Jericho vs Taker at WM as they talked about it a while ago, but also talks of HHH vs Taker again with Shawn as referee.

Molo316
01-23-2012, 22:44
If Taker comes back then we may See Jericho vs Taker at WM as they talked about it a while ago, but also talks of HHH vs Taker again with Shawn as referee.
Very much doubt they'll do Jericho vs Taker. I think Taker has to face someone he has a history with, or has a great, great following with, particularly with the WWE's niche audience members. I'd say they'd probably do another Taker and Triple H. If they did, I would hate it if they put Michaels as the referee. I could see Foley, or moreover, Stone Cold Steve Austin, being the ref, just because he's got nothing to do, unless he actually does something at the Royal Rumble.

33x
01-23-2012, 23:09
no one else likeing dbry's heel act/turn? im loving it

yourmumsface17
01-23-2012, 23:13
Think it's great because of how subtle it has been done. He has almost transistioned into one without anyone realising (That maybe because I don't watch Smackdown and just see him on Raw though :lol)

Think he is going to be so much better on the mic as a heel.

Molo316
01-24-2012, 01:37
I'm not saying that WWE competitors are Oscar winning material, but for me, Bryan's acting in promos seems pretty poor, and that is the same for AJ (as much as I love her).
His promo at the start of the last Smackdown was fluent and confident, but acting other than that isn't so great for me.

I know it should be about wrestling, but I can't fault him there, so my qualm would have to be elsewhere, as stated above.

PPV News:
I've read that the Money In The Bank PPV has been removed, and TLC will now take its place, with the MITB match returning to WrestleMania. I'm liking this bit of news.

yourmumsface17
01-24-2012, 02:15
^^ Oh wow that's great news!

Molo316
01-24-2012, 05:35
Cor blimey! Jericho finally spoke out aloud!
From what he said it now seems more certain that he's going to win the Rumble. If not, then I do wonder what they've got planned for him on Sunday.

And Zack Ryder has a broken back!?You could see that the "staging" flopped around his body as he got Chokeslammed.
And the way Cena and everyone else has to crowd around him, and fully support him has gotten right on my nerves. It's the old addage of you get somewhere if you've got friends in high places.

33x
01-24-2012, 09:22
This Sunday at the Royal Rumble, it's going to be the end of the world as you know it,"

yourmumsface17
01-24-2012, 11:38
Thought Raw waas great (Don't know how to do spoiler tags so don't read if you don't wanna know)

Punk was great at the start, great promo, didn't quite get the whole Cena knowing Lauranitus was coming to the ring and Punk was confused bit, but hey it was a good segment.
Jericho spoke! Wooo :lol: He's winning the rumble!
Ryder v Kane was good! I like Kane.
Cena's rising to the hate appears to be working, his overracting when he looked into the camera was hilarious though; does he not know how to overact? Some of his facial expressions were brilliant, however I can't complain too much, it's a frigging character change, finally. Maybe it all culminates at WM and he destroys Rock.
Lauranitus is simply hilarious his conversation with Punk "I didn't intend to screw you etc" was pretty good and he seems to actually be really rational (but he's so obviously lying) he's a great heel GM (don't fire him HHH).
Great Raw will try and find a download/stream of Rumble.

XMW
01-24-2012, 12:14
Cena heel turn on the way! Even though Ryder's backstage promo was short I loved how he just backed off Cena. Cena is really starting to get an edge again, it's great.

claud3
01-24-2012, 19:11
raw was excellent and i loved the john and punk conversation and the end result... So Royal Rumble is going to be amazing

Tven
01-24-2012, 23:10
i also enjoyed Raw, best one for awhile!

Yuuichi
01-25-2012, 04:31
Rumor going around is Orton returned a bit to early. I get they want to push him but an injured back no joke and could end his career if he pushes it. Prob win Rumble then light duty till WM.

Blu-Ray
01-25-2012, 07:08
Lol i rarely every post on my own thread XD But, I enjoyed raw. "Future Endeavored" Tshirt was awesome. And did anyone else see the face Big Johnny was doing when he was getting GTSed?

yourmumsface17
01-25-2012, 11:32
Yeah I noticed that straight away :lol: massive poker face haha! He didn't fear the GTS lol!

Hope Orton doesn't win the Rumble. Y2J! Y2J! Y2J! :D

Rumour has it is that it could all wind up being

HHH v Punk at Mania
Y2J v Taker at Mania (Well I say rumour, just what people have been guessing.)

I prefer this to HHH v Taker 3 anyway, I think that'd be a better way to go and save Punk v Y2J for a later date.

A card with those 2 and Rock v Cena and Bryan v Orton would be absolutely epic. (Although Wm 26 looked amazing on paper but somehow failed to deliver, although it was better than WM 27 and 25.)

claud3
01-25-2012, 13:35
taker vs y2j

HHH vs punk

ortan vs bryan

cena vs rock

kane vs regal

barrat vs Rhodes

they are the matches i would like to happen...Yes i know the few are mentioned already and cena vs rock is the main attraction...

But my ones i see as nice touches to the card

yourmumsface17
01-25-2012, 13:53
taker vs y2j

HHH vs punk

ortan vs bryan

cena vs rock

kane vs regal

barrat vs Rhodes

they are the matches i would like to happen...Yes i know the few are mentioned already and cena vs rock is the main attraction...

But my ones i see as nice touches to the card

Who would be the face/heels in the last 2 you have mentioned?

Would love to see one last push from Regal!

XMW
01-25-2012, 14:34
No fuck Regal, I hate him. I seriously can't stand that guy.

yourmumsface17
01-25-2012, 14:39
Really? I love Regal! Saw him wrestle Orton in a great match in the 02.

claud3
01-25-2012, 14:51
well i feel kane vs regal could just be a match

as both are haters and i think the whole kane thing might be over by then

barrat vs rhodes would be for the IC belt

Molo316
01-25-2012, 17:24
Regal is great! He's not in the best shape, but he's got some great moves, and is a hell of an entertainer. And the fact that he's English just makes it even better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJ99R0TH-Y

Tven
01-25-2012, 18:56
TNA. Tour. tomorrow. Nottingham. Mickie. James. excitement. overload. *passes out*

33x
01-26-2012, 09:58
good read and i agree with ALL of it, especially about orton.

http://www.thejohnreport.net/2012/01/25/the-midweek-breakdown-10-things-i-think-i-thought-this-week-by-cody-dodson/

The Midweek Breakdown: 10 Things I Think I Thought This Weekby Cody Dodson
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another fine edition of the column that rises above hate almost 43% of the time. It’s the Midweek Breakdown with me, your ever-so-grateful host, Cody Dodson. It will be January 25th when this column comes out, which can only mean one thing. The Royal Rumble is upon us and thus, the Road to Wrestlemania is about to begin. Now, most people are busy speculating over the standard questions like who is going to win, who will be the surprise entrants, and whether or not the arena will fall dead silent when Heath Slater makes his entrance. I personally won’t try to guess any of these, although I think we all know the answer to one of them. What I will do is give some thoughts on the week’s happenings and the Royal Rumble in the form of the 10 random thoughts format I debuted last time. It got a good response the first time, so let’s do it again!
Quick note: I might make this format a bi-weekly thing if people continue to enjoy it. Be sure to let me know what you think. It’s still in the experimentation phase!
1) Will the “Rumble Curse” make its return?
Do you know about the “Rumble Curse?” If you’re not familiar with it, it works something like this. Superstitious wrestling fans believe that the #14 spot in the Royal Rumble is cursed. The thought is that shortly after the Rumble, the person who entered in that spot will go on to experience some sort of misfortune in either their personal or professional lives, or both. Sometimes it’s minor and sometimes it’s major. Looking back at the unlucky recipients of this distinction, you see guys like Marty Jannetty and Jeff Hardy, both of whom have well-documented legal problems and drug issues, which impacted their careers quite a bit. You have guys like Rikishi, Kurrgan, DDP, and Joey Mercury, whose careers either fizzled out or they got hit by injury. You have guys who got future endeavored for various reasons like MVP and Chris Masters. Saddest of all, there are people like Eddie Guerrero, Davey Boy Smith, and Umaga who were taken from us all too soon. So is the #14 spot cursed? It’s debatable, and it depends on what you believe. There are people who have braved the cursed entry and went on to have successful careers, such as Goldust. However, for most of the unfortunate entrants, things haven’t gone so well. Will the curse return this year? Will WWE play it safe and put somebody they could care less about in that spot? Will they be bold, stare evil in the face, and put Randy Orton or John Cena in that spot? These questions and more, tonight on Unsolved Mysteries. I miss that show. And Robert Stack’s voice. I wish I was as cool as he was. This is weird, moving on.
2) Four matches, eh?
Interesting move by WWE to only advertise four matches for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. With buyrates for their big events not doing so well, it’s surprising to me that they haven’t put more out there in order to sell the show. We’re looking at John Cena vs. Kane, the two title matches, and of course the Rumble itself. The Rumble itself is a huge event, despite having lost some of its prestige over the years. However, the casual fan who actually believes there will only be four matches may not be inclined to spend their hard-earned money on a show that doesn’t have much advertised. Loyal fans who have been around for a while will buy it, of course. So will a lot of the smark base and hardcore fans. It’s just surprising that they’re not pushing at least five matches for the event, especially with the poor numbers that some of 2011’s shows brought in. The Rumble almost seemed like an afterthought on Raw this week, as they chose to hype next week’s Raw more than the Rumble itself. Of course, there is my next thought, which somewhat counters this one…
3) The matches they do have for the Rumble have been hyped very well.
I can tell you that I am very excited for every single match on the card this Sunday, and that hasn’t happened in quite some time. Despite some of the odd shenanigans surrounding Kane and Cena, I’m more interested to see what happens with a John Cena storyline than I have been in months. I genuinely want to know if he will embrace the hate or if this is all just some kind of diversion. It also feels like a really fresh matchup. The WWE Championship match has also been hyped very well. It’s rare to see the challenger get the best of the champion pretty much every week leading up to their title match. Combine that with the John Laurinaitis declaration that he will screw CM Punk and you have a pretty compelling story where the champion is the underdog with insurmountable odds to overcome. I’m also loving Daniel Bryan’s slow heel turn and I can’t wait to see how he tries to retain his title in a steel cage against two monsters. If anything, the Rumble itself has the least amount of hype. The match does sell itself to some degree though. Kudos to WWE for doing a great job building up their main events. I guess with only four matches, all of which are big matches, the whole damn show is a main event.
http://www.thejohnreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bio-zackryder.png (http://www.thejohnreport.net/2012/01/25/the-midweek-breakdown-10-things-i-think-i-thought-this-week-by-cody-dodson/bio-zackryder/)
4) WHAT DA HAYELL did Zack Ryder do?
I like Zack Ryder and I really respect what he has been able to make happen for himself in the past year. I wouldn’t call myself a broski or anything, but I’m a fan of the guy. That said, I have to wonder about what exactly happened that caused the events of the past two weeks for the broski himself. There are a couple different scenarios out there. The first is that this was all part of the planned storylines and Ryder is a pawn for the John Cena vs. Kane feud. He’ll end up getting some revenge down the line and come out a better superstar for it. Fair enough. Another possibility is that he is being punished for something. It could be the poor ratings for his segments, it could be a drug test failure, and it could be something else entirely. Another idea that was reported this week is that he’s doing a movie and needs the time off. There’s an endless supply of possibilities, really. What we do know is that WWE originally stated that he has a broken back, which has since been downgraded to a herniated disc. Regardless of what it is, WWE wants Ryder off television for a bit for some reason. In time we will see what happens with Ryder and if he ends up higher up the card as a result. I will say one thing, though. If we have an R-Truth situation here and it comes out that he failed a drug test, I will lose a ton of respect for the guy. To work so hard to see results and then squander his opportunity would be utterly stupid. Time will tell.
5) I’m happy to see some familiar faces resurfacing on Smackdown.
One thing I really enjoyed about Smackdown last week was seeing Justin Gabriel and Ted Dibiase. These are two guys who I think are very underused and have the potential to at least be solid upper midcarders. It looks like we could see that happen as Gabriel had a nice back and forth match with Cody Rhodes, and it doesn’t look like it’s the last time they will face each other. I’ve always thought that, along with Wade Barrett, Gabriel would be the breakout star from the Nexus. He’s been doing a whole lot of nothing in recent months but hopefully we will see him in a different role moving forward. Ted Dibiase is in the same boat. I see a lot of potential in him, but he seems to be caught in this push-depush cycle. Hopefully this “feud” with Hunico will lead to him getting more television time and a chance to really prove himself (despite how stupid the reasoning for the feud may be).
6) Please don’t let Randy Orton win the Royal Rumble.
I can’t tell you how happy I am to see that Randy Orton is making his return on Smackdown. Why, you probably didn’t ask but let’s pretend you did? Because it means he isn’t making a surprise return at the Royal Rumble. If I have my way, then this would significantly diminish the chances of him winning the whole thing in front of his hometown crowd. I like the guy as a worker. He puts on good matches. Unfortunately, his character bores the shit out of me. He’s no fun as a face except for when he makes those ridiculous Hacksaw faces or fights a losing battle with the announce table. I know that he’s going to be in the World Heavyweight Championship picture at Wrestlemania, and I’m fine with that. I just would like to see it happen in a different way than via the Royal Rumble. To me, there are many more compelling directions they can go than having Orton win. For the sake of not making predictions, I’ll keep those a secret for now.
7) Triple H is returning…cool. Can’t wait to….see…….him…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I am NOT excited to see Triple H return in the COO role at all. I know why it’s happening, or at least I can make assumptions that might turn out to be wrong and then I’ll look like an ass and then some readers would celebrate but whatever. He’s coming back because he eventually needs to start hyping his (assumed) match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That’s all fine and well. I loved their match last year and I’ll be excited to see it again. However, the COO version of Triple H sucks. He bored audiences all over the world last year and there’s a chance he’s going to do it again. John Laurinaitis has been golden over the past few weeks. He’s been doing a fine job in the role that everybody despised at first. I’d hate to see Triple H step in and have the whole thing go to shit. I’m not blaming Triple H for it necessarily, as it’s mainly a device to get him back on TV. But the authority figure vs. authority figure thing is tired. Rebel wrestler vs. authority figure will always be fun, but two authorities getting mad at each other is a thing of the past. I hope they can just get past the corporate bullshit, let Laurinaitis continue doing what he’s doing, and let Hunter start his feud with the Deadman.
http://www.thejohnreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/johncenaangryface.jpg (http://www.thejohnreport.net/2012/01/24/the-wwe-raw-deal-012312/johncenaangryface/)
8) John Cena MUST lose to Kane, or at least embrace the hate to win.
As I alluded to earlier, this match has been hyped well and I think the whole idea of Cena embracing the hate is very compelling. Here’s the result that won’t be compelling, though. Cena wins cleanly, smiles and waves, kisses some babies and hugs some fat girls (Thanks Batista), and comes out on Raw to make poop jokes. Luckily, I don’t see a strong chance of that happening. I think one of the two scenarios I mentioned above will happen. Cena loses to Kane, or he gets really pissed off and wins. While I’ve predicted before that he will not turn heel, I think this feud has been the catalyst for a character change for Cena. WWE knows he won’t be a face at Wrestlemania in The Rock’s hometown, so they need to have him play some sort of tweener role. He desperately needs the change, and we’ll see it continue to transpire at the Rumble.
9) The Miz needs to be in the final four of the Rumble match.
I’ll just come out and say it. The Miz has looked like a freaking joke in the past few months. We all know it’s true. When you consider that he was main eventing Wrestlemania less than a year ago, that shows how far he has fallen. If they want to reestablish him as a major player, something has to change quickly. After R-Truth has gotten the best of him several times, the Rumble could be a turning point for Miz. He’s entering at the not-so-coveted #1 spot. While I see zero chance of him winning the whole thing, a trip from #1 to the final four would be a great way for him to show that he is still a force to be reckoned with. Make it happen!
10) I know it’s not possible, but I wish The Rock would surprise us.
Last on my list, I’d like to take a second to talk about The Rock. It was recently announced that the Great One himself would be appearing at several Monday Night Raw events as we inch closer to Wrestlemania. I get the point of advertising him ahead of time. It sells tickets, which makes money. End of story. I just wish that he could make a few surprise appearances as well. There’s just something about not knowing when he will show up again that makes it much more special when he does. When he’s advertised for Raw and he comes out, it’s still awesome to see him. But when that music hits unexpectedly like it did in February of last year, it’s a very special mark out moment. I hope we get to see that again sometime in the future.
That wraps it up for me. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Tell me your opinion on this format. What thoughts do you want to share about the Royal Rumble? Of course, you can always email me or follow me on Twitter as well. Thanks for reading and I’ll be back on Friday with Headlines.

XMW
01-26-2012, 10:39
Good article, don't agree with his point about The Miz though. I like Miz, but he's simply not a main eventer. When he was teaming with Truth, and they were portrayed as these psycho's who would and could beat up anyone at anytime he didn't play the part convincing enough. Truth looked like a freak during that angle, Miz just looked like an angry teenager. Not to mention he's pretty lackluster in the ring lol.

The final 4 at the Royal Rumble (in order to make it exciting) should be Jericho, Orton, Barrett and John Cena/surprise entrant who is a former champion imo.

claud3
01-26-2012, 14:04
great read.... I see cena and kane being a bloody match and the undertaker will turn up and help kane

Blu-Ray
01-27-2012, 06:05
They need to make Miz a face. He has the tools to be a good face. He isnt convincing as an "angry" heel. People already at least CARE about the guy, but making him face in the near future would work. Kinda reminds of me of when The Rock was a heel at first. Im not comparing The Miz too The Rock at all tho haha. I actually like the Miz. I think he could improve in the ring, but if the wwe gives SOMETHING TO DO maybe he'd be more interesting. I really want to see a CM PUNK/MIZ feud in the future while Miz is still a heel. Their exchanges in the Promos before TLC were really interesting lol.

On another note, im really liking Cena right now. Here's some good line for ya: If Cena beats Kane CLEAN and is still a baby face, I riot.

XMW
01-27-2012, 13:00
For anyone that cares, here's the Wrestling Observer awards for 2011:

LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD (WRESTLER OF THE YEAR)
1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI (417) 2,718
2. C.M. Punk (248 ) 2,102
3. John Cena (68 ) 946
4. Masaaki Mochizuki (9) 493
5. Randy Orton (2) 388
6. L.A. Park (51) 326
7. Mark Henry (8 )269
8. Averno (9) 191
9. The Rock (9) 188
10. Davey Richards (14) 185

MOST OUTSTANDING WRESTLER
1. DAVEY RICHARDS (201) 1,511
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi (165) 1,112
3. Daniel Bryan (104) 948
4. Prince Devitt (5) 785
5. El Generico (67) 598
6. C.M. Punk (43) 452
7. Akira Tozawa (19) 363
8. Averno (49) 359
9. Eddie Edwards (22) 353
10. Dolph Ziggler (14) 351

BEST BOX OFFICE DRAW
1. THE ROCK (319) 2,222
2. Georges St. Pierre (244) 2,035
3. John Cena (53) 1,244
4. C.M. Punk (2) 273
5. Anderson Silva (10) 211
6. Jon Jones (11) 146
7. Cain Velasquez 51
8. L.A. Park 40

FEUD OF THE YEAR
1. JOHN CENA VS. C.M. PUNK (190) 1,551
2. Randy Orton vs. Christian (74) 747
3. Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards (61) 701
4. Blood Warriors vs. Junction Three (75) 673
5. Kevin Steen vs. ROH (56) 485
6. Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller (45) 458
7. Briscoes vs. All Night Express (8 ) 352
8. Sanada & Soya vs. Sekimoto & Okabayashi (16) 344
9. Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck (41) 295
10. Mark Henry vs. Big Show (17) 145

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
1. GIANT BERNARD & KARL ANDERSON (233) 1,678
2. Mark & Jay Briscoe (174) 1,632
3. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (87) 894
4. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin (104) 674
5. Young Bucks (41) 425
6. Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (19) 362
7. Cima & Ricochet (13) 311
8. Bobby Roode & James Storm (29) 295
9. Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne (23) 215
10. Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada (2) 116

MOST IMPROVED
1. DOLPH ZIGGLER (224) 1,478
2. Mark Henry (86) 828
3. Ricochet (79) 527
4. Cody Rhodes (24) 419
5. Zack Ryder (9) 314
6. Tetsuya Naito (28 ) 295
7. Wade Barrett (10) 236
8. Seiya Sanada (6) 196
9. Tama Tonga (19) 191
10. Kyle O'Reilly (2) 161

BEST ON INTERVIEWS
1. C.M. PUNK (338 ) 2,594
2. The Rock (178 ) 1,381
3. Chael Sonnen (137) 1,360
4. Kevin Steen (23) 490
5. Mark & Jay Briscoe (3) 361
6. Steve Austin (29) 228
7. The Miz (7) 161
8. Mark Henry (3) 112
9. Bully Ray (2) 106
10. Nick Diaz 92

MOST CHARISMATIC
1. THE ROCK (315) 1,906
2. John Cena (53) 1,151
3. C.M. Punk (81) 978
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi (51) 863
5. Georges St. Pierre (19) 359
6. Kevin Steen (26) 271
7. Chael Sonnen (26) 231
8. L.A. Park (15) 145
9. Clay Guida (2) 128
10. Zack Ryder (3) 126

BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER
1. DANIEL BRYAN (263) 1,829
2. Davey Richards (247) 1,655
3. Prince Devitt (30) 910
4. Yuji Nagata (29) 590
5. Eddie Edwards (13) 568
6. Zack Sabre Jr. (37) 254
7. Dolph Ziggler (3) 166
8. Kurt Angle (6) 154
9. Mike Quackenbush 106
10. C.M. Punk (4) 89

BRUISER BRODY MEMORIAL AWARD (BEST BRAWLER)
1. KEVIN STEEN (161) 1,082
2. Togi Makabe (89) 718
3. Mark & Jay Briscoe (63) 626
4. Sheamus (50) 545
5. Bully Ray (45) 517
6. L.A. Park (94) 499
7. Sami Callihan (49) 487
8. Masato Tanaka (25) 461
9. Mark Henry (59) 452
10. Randy Orton (32) 186

BEST FLYING WRESTLER
1. RICOCHET (116) 1,473
2. Kota Ibushi (131) 1,092
3. Pac (125) 992
4. Evan Bourne (59) 600
5. Prince Devitt (38 ) 472
6. El Generico (42) 393
7. Sin Cara (35) 383
8. Rey Mysterio (23) 224
9. Mascara Dorada (2) 221
10. La Sombra (17) 197

MOST OVERRATED
1. CRIMSON (127) 1,011
2. Mason Ryan (54) 756
3. Kevin Nash (97) 735
4. Mr. Anderson (83) 727
5. Jeff Hardy (34) 477
6. HHH (32) 369
7. Sin Cara (39) 328
8. Matt Morgan (6) 174
9. C.M. Punk (14) 114
10. Randy Orton (5) 112

MOST UNDERRATED
1. DOLPH ZIGGLER (119) 942
2. Daniel Bryan (112) 840
3. Alex Shelley (82) 741
4. Tyson Kidd (31) 622
5. Drew McIntyre (35) 376
6. Yoshi Tatsu (15) 277
7. Jack Swagger (6) 237
8. Christian (24) 217
9. John Morrison (2) 157
10. Chris Masters (27) 153

PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
1. ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (313) 2,049
2. New Japan Pro Wrestling (275) 1,935
3. Dragon Gate (44) 914
4. Ring of Honor (61) 846
5. World Wrestling Entertainment (15) 659
6. CHIKARA Pro (41) 584
7. PWG (18 ) 580
8. Bellator (1) 239
9. All Japan (2) 110
10, CMLL (5) 108

BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW
1. WWE SMACKDOWN (188 ) 1,790
2. Ring of Honor (214) 1,603
3. Dragon Gate Infinity (108 ) 1,092
4. Ultimate Fighter (64) 838
5. Bellator Fighting Championships (43) 648
6. WWE Tough Enough (45) 404
7. WWE Raw (12) 360
8. CMLL (9) 197
9. WWE Superstars (15) 196
10. TNA Impact (2) 145

WORKED MATCH OF THE YEAR
1. JOHN CENA VS. C.M. PUNK 7/17 CHICAGO (333) 2,292
2. Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards 6/26 New York (112) 1,362
3. HHH vs. Undertaker 4/3 Atlanta (51) 890
4. Jun Akiyama vs. Suwama 10/23 Tokyo (75) 808
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yuji Nagata 4/3 Tokyo (39) 538
6. Kota Ibushi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi 6/10 Tokyo (15) 343
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito 10/10 Tokyo (6) 305
8. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico 12/18/10 New York (14) 183
9. Averno vs. La Sombra 9/16 Mexico City 107

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
1. DAICHI HASHIMOTO (552) 3,018
2. Uhaa Nation (23) 650
3. Takumi "Sho" Soya (24) 509
4. Obariyan (17) 315
5. Archibald Peck (15) 242
6. Fenix (3) 235
7. Dragon Lee (11) 185
8. Tommaso Ciampa (15) 111
9. Mike Dalton (2) 78
10. Dark Dragon 72

BEST NON-WRESTLER
1. RICARDO RODRIGUEZ (335) 2,357
2. Vickie Guerrero (191) 1,910
3. Jim Cornette (44) 532
4. Karen Jarrett (31) 430
5. Barrister R.D. Evans (6) 269
6. John Laurinaitis (14) 227
7. Truth Martini (8 ) 185
8. Michael Cole (11) 126
9. Ric Flair (7) 120
10. Teddy Long (6) 117

BEST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER
1. JOE ROGAN (214) 1,386
2. Kevin Kelly (77) 1,058
3. Michael Schiavello (113) 983
4. Jim Ross (112) 952
5. William Regal (65) 733
6. Mike Goldberg (22) 355
7. Scott Stanford (7) 344
8. Jimmy Smith (16) 242
9. Josh Matthews (6) 219
10. Nigel McGuinness (5) 188

WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER
1. MICHAEL COLE (568 ) 3,133
2. Booker T (37) 1,201
3. Jerry Lawler (27) 861
4. Taz (8 ) 334
5. Mike Tenay (7) 159
6. Josh Matthews (12) 124
7. Matt Striker (1) 92
8. Mauro Ranallo (2) 85
9. Gus Johnson 54
10. Todd Grisham 37

BEST MAJOR WRESTLING SHOW
1. WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 7/17 CHICAGO (374) 2,391
2. UFC 139 11/19 San Jose (40) 700
3. ROH Best in the World 6/26 New York (32) 542
4. ROH Final Battle 12/18/10 New York (15) 483
5. PWG DDT 4 3/4 Reseda (24) 378
6. UFC 129 4/30 Toronto (19) 274
7. WWE WrestleMania 4/3 Atlanta (12) 197
8. K-1 World Grand Prix 12/11 Tokyo (29) 188
9. New Japan G-1 Finals 8/14 Tokyo (4) 180
10. CHIKARA High Noon 11/13 Philadelphia (11) 129

WORST MAJOR WRESTLING SHOW
1. TNA VICTORY ROAD 3/13 ORLANDO 405
2. TNA Turning Point 11/13 Orlando 55
3. WWE Capitol Punishment 6/19 Washington, DC 20
4. TNA No Surrender 9/11 Orlando 19
5. WWE Night of Champions 9/18 Buffalo 18
6. WWE Vengeance 10/23 San Antonio 14
7. TNA Against All Odds 2/13 Orlando 12
8. AWE Night of Legends 10/15 Fisherville, VA 10

BEST WRESTLING MANEUVER
1. RICOCHET DOUBLE ROTATION MOONSAULT 174
2. Daniel Bryan LeBell lock 127
3. Randy Orton RKO 55
4. Daisuke Sekimoto German suplex 35
5. Prince Devitt Bloody Sunday DDT 31
6. Akira Tozawa delayed German suplex 29
7. Evan Bourne shooting star press 27
8. Kota Ibushi double moonsault 19
9. Pac 360 shooting star press 18
10. AR Fox Lo Mein Pain 18

MOST DISGUSTING PROMOTIONAL TACTIC
1. WWE BULLYING/BE A STAR/JIM ROSS 183
2. TNA sending Jeff Hardy out when he was loaded on PPV 178
3. Perro Aguayo Jr. faking cancer 140
4. WWE never letting up on twitter during Raw 43
5. Matt Hardy teasing suicide on the Internet 25
6. Jarrett/Angle feud putting up custody of kids in match 22
7. Michael Cole burying talent in commentary 15

WORST TELEVISION SHOW
1. TNA IMPACT 430
2. WWE Raw 197
3. WWE NXT 88
4. Hogan's Micro Championship Wrestling 15

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR
1. STING VS. JEFF HARDY 3/13 ORLANDO 317
2. Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole 4/3 Atlanta 199
3. Kevin Nash vs. Ricky Morton 10/15 Fisherville, VA 35

WORST FEUD OF THE YEAR
1. HHH VS. KEVIN NASH 151
2. Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler 94
3. Michael Cole vs. Jim Ross 81
4. Sin Cara Azul vs. Sin Cara Negro 48
5. Winter & Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky 32
6. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan 29
Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff vs. Dixie Carter 29
8. Samoa Joe vs. Pope 19
9. Edge vs. Kane 16
10. Sting vs. Immortal 15

WORST PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
1. TNA 564
2. WWE 67
3. AWE 14
4. Strikeforce 13
CZW 13
6. Urban Wrestling Federation 12

BEST BOOKER
1. GEDO & JADO 287
2. Joe Silva 223
3. Mike Quackenbush 128
4. Hunter Johnston 109
5. Gabe Sapolsky 26
6. Konnan 20
7. Vince McMahon 10

PROMOTER OF THE YEAR
1. DANA WHITE 610
2. Mike Quackenbush 42
3. Vince McMahon 37
4. Naoki Sugabayashi 22

BEST GIMMICK
1. C.M. PUNK 160
2. Archibald Peck 107
3. Zack Ryder 83
4. Briscoes 51
5. Kevin Steen 35
6. Alberto Del Rio 33
7. R-Truth 31
8. Sin Cara 19
9. Mark Henry 16
10. Fake Sin Cara 12

WORST GIMMICK
1. MICHAEL COLE 298
2. Zack Ryder 52
3. Eric Young 49
4. Cody Rhodes (bagger gimmick) 31
5. Johnny Curtis 25
6. John Laurinaitis 19
Crimson 19
8. Hunico 18
9. Fake Sin Cara 10

BEST PRO WRESTLING BOOK
1. CHRIS JERICHO "UNDISPUTED" 345
2. Stan Hansen "Last Outlaw" 154
3. John McCarthy "Let's Get It On" 51
4. Jerry Jarrett "The Best of Times" 28
5. Joe Laurinaitis "The Road Warriors" 18
6. Brock Lesnar "Death Clutch" 10

BEST PRO WRESTLING DVD
1. BRET HART VS. SHAWN MICHAELS 335
2. Wrestling Road Diaries 143
3. Memphis Heat 128
4. History of WrestleMania 22
5. Steve Austin Bottom Line 13

Some noteworthy things;
- The Rock only had a handfull of appearances, yet he's still the biggest draw lol.
- Cena and Orton are both in the top 10 of wrestler of the year.
- Giant Bernard is A-Train in New Japan, he's improved masively since his WWE days, good to see him in the #1 tag team. I don't agree with WGTT on #4 though, their entire run in ROH has been a borefest.
- Crimson the most overrated = overpushed, agreed.
- WWE is only the 5th best promotion of the year.
- Cena vs Punk (MITB) and Edwards vs Richards (ROH Best In The World) as best worked matches of the year, I completely agree, both were amazing. Both of those shows were also shows of the year.
- Uhaa Nation as #2 rookie of the year. This guy is great, WWE is gonna sign him some day, check him out on YouTube
- No WrestleMania 27 on worst major show? WTF.
- TNA and WWE as the worst promotions of the year lol.
- Vince McMahon as the 7th best booker.. ouch.

nofear01
01-27-2012, 15:50
Go UFC!!!

claud3
01-27-2012, 16:32
one hell of a mixed year for the WWE, but TNA man they got their ass's handed to them

Molo316
01-27-2012, 19:16
I'm glad that Crimson got the most overrated award. Justly deserved.

XMW
01-27-2012, 19:47
I'm glad that Crimson got the most overrated award. Justly deserved.

Agreed, he fucking sucks, I hope he goes back to the shithole he came from before he joined TNA.

TNA being the worst show is not deserved though, WWE NXT takes that one. Only + there is Tyler Reks wrestling.

LastManDancing
01-28-2012, 03:26
YES Dolph Ziggler!

That guy is going to win MITB and if he doesn't it's robbery.

claud3
01-28-2012, 15:41
crimson is really bad, its all about power and no ring presence... He really wears is brains in his arms and that is were they will always be

XMW
01-28-2012, 16:17
YES Dolph Ziggler!

That guy is going to win MITB and if he doesn't it's robbery.

No way should Ziggler win. He's as generic as they come. He's good in the ring, but that's pretty much the only thing he's got going for him. This is just my opinion though, but when guys like Ziggler and Rhodes get pushed to the main event it really shows me how low the standard has fallen. :)

claud3
01-28-2012, 16:32
No way should Ziggler win. He's as generic as they come. He's good in the ring, but that's pretty much the only thing he's got going for him. This is just my opinion though, but when guys like Ziggler and Rhodes get pushed to the main event it really shows me how low the standard has fallen. :)

in my opinion, we need new blood to be pushed in the WWE and yes i said this before

it will help the WWE in the long run

Why always the same old faces... Undertaker will retire after wrestlemaina at 20-0 and maybe the WWE title. to me that would be a great way to go and the respect when be unmatched

XMW
01-28-2012, 18:11
in my opinion, we need new blood to be pushed in the WWE and yes i said this before

it will help the WWE in the long run

Why always the same old faces... Undertaker will retire after wrestlemaina at 20-0 and maybe the WWE title. to me that would be a great way to go and the respect when be unmatched

I completely agree and I didn't say otherwise. I just think Ziggler isn't the guy. He should be what R-Truth always was, wrestling in the mid-card while having enough credibility to wrestle main event matches like at Elimination Chamber, but also never win those matches like Truth.

claud3
01-28-2012, 21:54
ok i get you...Fresh meat with the ability to catch the attention of the WWE fans and makes it worth while to watch

I am liking the fact C.M punk was well known from the R.O.H and other Wrestling firms and just appeared in the WWE and look at what has happened, the WWE needs more wrestlers like him

Yuuichi
01-29-2012, 01:05
I am glad MITB PPV is gone. it belongs at WM. Having one person being able to cash it in on whoever not only adds to excitment, but also gives the creative team more room to think(something we know they are not good at lol).

Y2J to win Rumble, Orton to win at elimination chamber, Punk to retain at RR, Ziggler to win MITB and cash it same night at WM.

claud3
01-29-2012, 16:44
orton RR,

Ziggler MITB

C.M Punk keep title

my outcome of RR and the MITB at wrestlemaina

Tven
01-30-2012, 00:07
TNA comment before this thread goes RR crazy: that bully ray powerbomb off the corner thru the table brought back the memories of most of the wwe women's roster getting that fate 10+ years ago, u'd never see that now