PDA

View Full Version : The Empire Strikes Back!!!!

shinblade
05-14-2007, 00:12
Hey guys... you know, we are on the edge of something really big...

There is a shift in the waters coming - onver the last few weeks, hype has been buildig for PS3 - don't believe me?

well...

the ps3 has been 'most wanted' on cnet
the Home beta has generated HUGE amounts of web activity
Halo 3 has been revealed to NOT be the epoch everyone was expecting (i will concede it's going to be a decent multiplayer game, though. Just a shame it didn't beat gears)As I write, we're less than 24hrs away from sony's gamers day press event - and although the news is under embargo untill the end of the week.... we can expect some decent announcements.

If sony can generate even half the hype they got after GDC - but by showing their fall line up, then the PS3 is going to recover even more ground in terms of mind share.

And.... even better, Sony have timed their gamers day to coincide with microsofts 'good news'

All this means that we've got a potential megaton of news, media, screens, and maybe even demos going to be announced in the next few days... which can't fail to give the system a huge boost in terms of hearts and minds... Even better, Sony is going to concentrating on titles that are going to be hitting the shelves and PS Store soon... expect a Major showing for a near-final Lair, and new PSN titles like Stardust. Also, ratchet and clank is confirmed - and they mentioned a demo... which might even come to the PSN. My sources tell me that the maintenance that was done on the PSN last week was to get ready for what's coming this week - as the announcments about 'exciting news and updates' from Threespeech said. Well, my friends, we don't have long to wait to find out! oh... and expect a PSN title to coincide with the release of W......

Then... if that wasn't enough, we'll get the major strategic announcements at E3 in July, alongside a confirmed showing for Killzone - with halo 3 drawing sighs, you can bet guerilla are now working around the clock to make sure their game lives up to the hype - especially as they now know what they're target-to-beat is. I won't speculate further about E3, because it's hard to know where they are going to strike the balance of what get's shown at the gamers day and what get's shown at E3.... expect whatever they do show to be amazing - they know the media has put them in the corner.

Then, right before E3 Ninga Gaiden hits... and more PSN titles... and Lair follows that... which leads into heavenly sword which is going to be amazing(BTW as they've mentioned the animated series is start before the game is out, expect that in the summer, too)... as if that wasn't enough, we've then got ratched and clank to look forward to, and the full release of home....

That's october... all that in 5 months... and thats before we mention any of the other big games due out, and things like the TGS and third party games.

When you add all that up... it's pretty amazing... regardless of what's happening on other formats, the PS3 is really going to step into high gear....

Surely thats something worth getting excited about??? I for one could not be happier with what we've got to look forward to.

if nothing else... it's certainly a great year to be a gamer.

dannyphantom105
05-14-2007, 00:23
wow, you put everything thats ps3 for the next 5 months into one article. Very well done and I agree with every point that you made. It indeed is a good year to be a gamer, especially a ps3 gamer. +rep!

Lefein
05-14-2007, 00:24
/obligatory

Do not overhype!

I'm just beating people to the punch ;)

Jared
05-14-2007, 00:26
Any news/information on LittleBigPlanet? I thought it's supposed to be released on PSN as a download later this year prior to being released on Blu-ray sometime in early 2008. :???:

Kugar77
05-14-2007, 00:30
no the demo for LBP should hit the PSN by the end of this year but LBP should be out early next year

Devil_Killer
05-14-2007, 00:31
I agree with everything you said except one thing:
Halo 3, from what I've heard two days ago, Halo 3 already sold 4 million preorder, so it is hard to be beaten.
and if that is true then there is no way that SONY's Killzone can beat Halo 3, and that means it exceeded the expectation.

shinblade
05-14-2007, 00:31
It's a 2008 title... i'd expect it to be e3 rather than gamers day.... gamers day is more about the imediate future... e3 is about the overarching 'stuff

shinblade
05-14-2007, 00:32
I agree with everything you said except one thing:
Halo 3, from what I've heard two days ago, Halo 3 already sold 4 million preorder, so it is hard to be beaten.
and if that is true then there is no way that SONY's Killzone can beat Halo 3, and that means it exceeded the expectation.

the 4 million RUMOUR has already been debunked.

Tears of Ash
05-14-2007, 00:45
Why is all news from this event under embargo? I'm sure we'll hear something about it each day. This will probably be a reiteration of stuff from GDC and also some stuff about the Eye product. And they'll definitely show off some AAA titles and the progression of LBP. I don't really expect much that we haven't heard of already, just stuff we all want to know much more about. Maybe a few surprises, I can't totally dismiss that there might be something.

KatanaKing
05-14-2007, 01:00
Yeah, lets get some positive energy in here regarding the PS3, sure the PSN sucks now but there are better times coming, this is going to one kick-ass year for PS3 owners, i can feel it in my water.

blacktuxedoman
05-14-2007, 01:15
" i can feel it in my water" ~Katana King

do you mean water in a cup or as in the around 70% of your body that's made of water?

good thread op + rep

Solid_Squirrel
05-14-2007, 01:24
the 4 million RUMOUR has already been debunked.

huh? that was a rumor?

got a link?

Majic Morgan
05-14-2007, 02:31
,but you forgot Warhawk, which I belive will be the next premire AAA online title for the PS3 and will pave the way for downloadable content.

primalbreath
05-14-2007, 02:32
good article i agree. the ps3 is just dominant over anything else, and the games coming out will make people buy them up

Stoffinator
05-14-2007, 02:33
All good points but please keep in mind

# Halo 3 has been revealed to NOT be the epoch everyone was expecting (i will concede it's going to be a decent multiplayer game, though. Just a shame it didn't beat gears)

This is NOT what Halo 3 will look like in the end. Anyone who believes this is just out of it.

BluBoi22
05-14-2007, 02:38
good article i agree. the ps3 is just dominant over anything else, and the games coming out will make people buy them up

Check the 360 section, the title of the thread now says *debunked*.

mickice
05-14-2007, 02:47
PS3 owners should be happy about this, it's nothing but a bright future for us, and us soon to be owners. Hopefully all this atteracts a huge userbase for some intentse online play!

Kougaiji
05-14-2007, 02:47
I disagree with you on the halo thing. Sorry. Well.. of course its not the epoch fanboys hype it up to be, Killzone will be no different, but it's already appearing to be a great game and the final version with finalized graphics and effects will blow most people away. I'm a PS3 fan just like most people on these board, but you have to be rational - the only reason Halo 3 isn't visually the greatest thing out there yet (although it looked better than I expected considering it was using Halo 2 assets) is because it's using Halo 2 assets to save bandwidth.

SharkBait1980
05-14-2007, 04:53
There'd better be something big coming up, because I've had my PS3 for a while and feeling ultra bored. The competition is just blowing it away. Where the hell are the PAL region PSN updates?!

DayWalker
05-14-2007, 04:59
I know better than to get excited for a Sony PR event.

Most of you all should to. ;)

edit-
and when did Halo 3 become a disappointment??? How'd I miss that?

fiero911
05-14-2007, 06:50
ppl.....Halo3 dat ppl r playing now is a beta..not a demo...dere r a lot of differences...demo's a small part of the final version..whereas beta is a small part but it has bugs n stuff..lets leave that fer now...after all this isn't xbox forums

On the other hand the info given for the next 5 months was great...well done....take the initiative..
I belive this is just a start for many things to come

shinblade
05-14-2007, 12:09
ppl.....Halo3 dat ppl r playing now is a beta..not a demo...dere r a lot of differences...demo's a small part of the final version..whereas beta is a small part but it has bugs n stuff..lets leave that fer now...after all this isn't xbox forums

On the other hand the info given for the next 5 months was great...well done....take the initiative..
I belive this is just a start for many things to come

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. (does phoenix wright pose)

When early videos of halo 3 wer leaked.... bungie was a great pains to say the game has polished up since then, and that the graphics were 'amazing' - when they said that they were talking in the present tense, and they were doing that about 4 months ago.

This 'beta' is not to iron out bugs - but a server stress test, again bungie have confirmed this.

So everyone who's saying... oh but it's going to look better, is wrong.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my thread, regardless of whether halo 3 lives up to peoples high expectations... the PS3 is facing an extremely positive time... and i think it's future looks realy bright.

And we should be pleased about that!

HellsJester
05-14-2007, 12:26
Since this is the empire strikes back does that mean we will freeze Nintendo in carbonite and cut off Microsofts hand and tell it that Sony is its father?

Lirion
05-14-2007, 12:34
Since this is the empire strikes back does that mean we will freeze Nintendo in carbonite and cut off Microsofts hand and tell it that Sony is its father?

Yes, that's how it is. And soon Steve Balmer the Hut will work for Darth Kutaragi while he sends of Jango Moore Fett to bring in Reggie Solo becuase he's late with the $$$.

Later Hideo Skywalker will destroy everyone and we will have peace once again.

DaSaint
05-14-2007, 12:39
Hey guys... you know, we are on the edge of something really big...

There is a shift in the waters coming - onver the last few weeks, hype has been buildig for PS3 - don't believe me?

well...

the ps3 has been 'most wanted' on cnet
the Home beta has generated HUGE amounts of web activity
Halo 3 has been revealed to NOT be the epoch everyone was expecting (i will concede it's going to be a decent multiplayer game, though. Just a shame it didn't beat gears)As I write, we're less than 24hrs away from sony's gamers day press event - and although the news is under embargo untill the end of the week.... we can expect some decent announcements.

If sony can generate even half the hype they got after GDC - but by showing their fall line up, then the PS3 is going to recover even more ground in terms of mind share.

And.... even better, Sony have timed their gamers day to coincide with microsofts 'good news'

All this means that we've got a potential megaton of news, media, screens, and maybe even demos going to be announced in the next few days... which can't fail to give the system a huge boost in terms of hearts and minds... Even better, Sony is going to concentrating on titles that are going to be hitting the shelves and PS Store soon... expect a Major showing for a near-final Lair, and new PSN titles like Stardust. Also, ratchet and clank is confirmed - and they mentioned a demo... which might even come to the PSN. My sources tell me that the maintenance that was done on the PSN last week was to get ready for what's coming this week - as the announcments about 'exciting news and updates' from Threespeech said. Well, my friends, we don't have long to wait to find out! oh... and expect a PSN title to coincide with the release of W......

Then... if that wasn't enough, we'll get the major strategic announcements at E3 in July, alongside a confirmed showing for Killzone - with halo 3 drawing sighs, you can bet guerilla are now working around the clock to make sure their game lives up to the hype - especially as they now know what they're target-to-beat is. I won't speculate further about E3, because it's hard to know where they are going to strike the balance of what get's shown at the gamers day and what get's shown at E3.... expect whatever they do show to be amazing - they know the media has put them in the corner.

Then, right before E3 Ninga Gaiden hits... and more PSN titles... and Lair follows that... which leads into heavenly sword which is going to be amazing(BTW as they've mentioned the animated series is start before the game is out, expect that in the summer, too)... as if that wasn't enough, we've then got ratched and clank to look forward to, and the full release of home....

That's october... all that in 5 months... and thats before we mention any of the other big games due out, and things like the TGS and third party games.

When you add all that up... it's pretty amazing... regardless of what's happening on other formats, the PS3 is really going to step into high gear....

Surely thats something worth getting excited about??? I for one could not be happier with what we've got to look forward to.

if nothing else... it's certainly a great year to be a gamer.

I try not to get too amped by news like this but ya got me......Im all excited to see whats coming in down the pipeline in the coming months.:D You got +Rep

Racoon
05-14-2007, 14:05
shinblade, I like your crusade for optimism, but you should have kept Halo out of your argument. Halo means nothing in the big picture. :-D

Shearstown
05-14-2007, 17:32
Well Halo is irrelevant to the PS3. no matter what anyone does or says it's going to sell a boatload of copies. If the game is disappointing, then we will hear in time. for now, we should concentrate on the slew of upcoming titles for the PS3