PDA

View Full Version : HDMI and Component at the same time?

CrazyD3000
10-15-2007, 19:02
Ok a lil question here guys,

Can you run both HDMI and Component Cables, at the Same time. for example.

Say of i had 2 tvs... one was a HDTV! with an HDMI input.. so i hooked the ps3 up though the HDMI out put.. then.. i had a normal tv next 2 it.. and hooked my ps3 up through the normal component cables.. would i get a picture on both screens.. or dos the PS3 only allow one output at a time?

Thanks..

CrazyDx

Cronk
10-15-2007, 19:11
Nah, you can only get one output at a time.. But that definitely would be good for split-screen games.

FaLLeNMoNkEy
10-15-2007, 19:11
No, becasue you have to set your video settings on your ps3 and you pick either HDMI or COmponent
but still change it you have to so no think you can 2 tv one time

360DiedOnMe
10-15-2007, 19:14
wow. NOOOO. you should know by now that in the settings you choose one or the other and whenever you are displayign something on two screens it slows down your system. just like a pc.

mmcg
10-15-2007, 19:18
It's not possible yet.

But it could be added very easily with a firmware update.

solinox
10-15-2007, 19:19
Actually...I setup my hdmi but still left my component in and it was outputting on both. I didn't play a game though, it was only the xmb. Soooo.......

drachma.
10-15-2007, 19:49
No you can't do that just like you can't output 2 channel and 5.1 audio at the same time.However,there are dvd players out there that let you output dual video and dual audio .It is not possible on ps3.
Not being able to output dual audio on ps3 annoys me.Sony should do something about it through a firmware upgrade.

kalishnikov
10-15-2007, 20:03
No you can't do that just like you can't output 2 channel and 5.1 audio at the same time.However,there are dvd players out there that let you output dual video and dual audio .It is not possible on ps3.
Not being able to output dual audio on ps3 annoys me.Sony should do something about it through a firmware upgrade.

That would be nice, my surround sound system is kinda old and doesn't take an HDMI cable, if we could output dual audio I could still use it with the component cables in addition to the HDMI for the tv.

Armandeus
10-15-2007, 20:13
is likesome1 said is not imposible but fimware is need it, does any1 remeber that ps3 was supposed to have 2 or 3 hdmi

Terarrim
10-15-2007, 20:19
You can't output sound from PS3 at the same time as HDMI to TV? thats a very strange. So I guess those who use home theater setups output the sound from TV to home theater systems?

imElite
10-15-2007, 20:27
Its already been shown several times that you can 2.1+SS with pictures posted.

mrnagy88
10-15-2007, 20:36
Sony could release a new PS3 with 2 HDMI ports in the future to make digital recording easier, who knows...

I wish they would allow something like that, for example:
2 720p TV's would actually have a lower resolution than 1 1080p TV, so you could effectively double your screen size at a lower cost than buying a good 1080pTV, and it would be killer for certain games like driving games where you need to see a wide angle so you don't crash into ppl etc.

Or better yet: Split-screen games, that way you could even put a sheet between the TV's so you can't see your buddies screen haha!

Strung Out
10-15-2007, 20:37
Remember when Sony said PS3 was going to come with 2 HDMI outs for multiple screen setups! (at least a year before launch...same time as the 3 ethernet ports claim)

I was pumped about that.

But no, dual screen out put is one thing, and can be added with a firmware update.... maybe. Who here really knows the exact setup of the board and if it's possible or not.

Gaming on 2 screens at the same time is something completely different as your machine has to work harder to render both screens at the same time.

for PSN type games I'm sure it could be a reality, for real actual PS3 next-gen games, it's not going to happen.

mrnagy88
10-15-2007, 21:02
Yeah, there might not even be the right connections to the video card to make it happen...
there would need to be seperate channels for the different screens right? so who knows but Ken K

Metfanant
10-15-2007, 21:27
yeah unfortunately I don't THINK this is possible with the PS3...although I have not tried it....give it a go...it won't hurt anything....

I know my set top cable box will output through all of its connections at the same time, and I currently have it set to output Componnent to my HDTV, and it just runs through an RF coaxial cable to my PC's capture card....and i can watch both at the same time, but i usually use it just to record shows, or watch TV while I'm playing PS3....I can still get my HD channels in 16:9 format as well...just obviously not in HD...

m9105826
10-15-2007, 21:46
If you had a game running at 60FPS, you could technically get two screen multiplayer running at 30FPS stable if the dual output were enabled. Just don't look for it any time soon.

Filler
10-15-2007, 22:01
Remember when Sony said PS3 was going to come with 2 HDMI outs for multiple screen setups!
Ps3 only has one HDMI ouput?

drachma.
10-15-2007, 22:19
Its already been shown several times that you can 2.1+SS with pictures posted.Oh no you cannot output dual audio from the ps3 itself.I mailed sony about it long back and they said it was not possible on ps3 currently.

For anyone unsure about this,try this.Go to sound settings in the xmb.Select sound output connector.You can choose EITHER hdmi or optical or analog 2 channel but you can't select two at a time.

There are ways for getting sound both from your hdtv and av receiver at the same time but the fact remains that ps3 doesn't output dual audio streams.

Two ways to get sound from both your tv and av receiver would be--

1.Hdmi from ps3 to tv and digital audio out from tv to av receiver.
2.Hdmi from ps3 to av receiver hdmi in and av receiver hdmi out to tv hdmi.(This is if your av receiver does hdmi audio and video switching both.Mine doesn't.If i go this way,the sound is output only from tv as the receiver does only hdmi video switching)

I heard that with xbox 360 elite,you can output sound from hdmi and optical at same time.Sony should look into it.

Blu_Ray_Fan
10-16-2007, 06:00
You can't output sound from PS3 at the same time as HDMI to TV? thats a very strange. So I guess those who use home theater setups output the sound from TV to home theater systems?
You can output the sound seperate. Mine is hooked up HDMI for pic and optical for sound. I have not tried anolog sound and I'm not going to. It's to much work to try when it does not help me in any way!

But to the op, I don't beleive it works. When you plug in a HDMI cable the PS3 ask's you "would you like to select the highest settings available?" When you click yes it automatically selects all you tv's native resolutions. In my case mine will accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. I have a 60" BRAVIA with 120 fps8)