Latest PSU headlines:

Conversation Between Itachi and Nitey

3 Visitor Messages

1. Oh yeah forgot about the usb method. Thanks.
    One should know such things, never know when shit hits the fan and your system fails.
  2. Yo man

I tried the direct ethernet connection between them, it kept giving me issues and wasn't working - under System settings it's called 'Data transfer utility'
    So I just did backup/restore instead; just plug in a USB storage device with enough space and go to backup and it just transfers the data onto the usb hdd, mine took about 6 hours for whatever reason. Then on the new PS3 just plug the usb in and go into the same area again but choose restore, and that took me about 1 hour

The shitty thing about backup/restore is that it doesn't transfer over your game installs, and games/demos DL'd off the store - just your videos and pictures and shit. Data transfer utility (ethernet) trasnfers all that shit over , but it just wasn't working for me
  3. Hey,
    Since you have experience with the backup/restore utility on ps3 I wanted to ask you how it all worked? Do you have to connect the two ps3's together via usb/ethernet or something?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.