Here you could post this on the front pag,e It's LazLow Jones Criminal Record from the LCDP database
Here is the GTA WIKI website, you could put this on the front page
Here you could post this on the front pag,e It's LazLow Jones Criminal Record from the LCDP database
Here is the GTA WIKI website, you could put this on the front page
But it's mostly from GTA IV. And I don't want to just add anything.
I said before that I should probably add more GTA/GTA 2 content.
Ok cool, i will get more GTA/GTA 2 stuff
Here is some GTA 2 concept art
Actually, I found the page that was hosting the images as well as some renders and added it to Links of interest.
nice one sir... I will look for more on the net
Man it is really hard to get some GTA old stuff
Yeah, I'll try to find some stuff as well. Never really browsed GTA Forums' Top Down Games sections but I'm betting they've got something interesting.
here is links to GTA 3, VICE CITY, SAN ANDREAS ART WORK
You can pick from these what art you want to add
GTA 2/GTA 1 art is hard too get
I could only find a google search on gta 1 images that is all
Here is the link, pick from it sorry friend
GTA 2 IMAGES LINK
Don't worry about it, claud3. I don't think there's anything else I can add.
We can still talk about the games.
cool i feel so helpless. I mean we both love this series a lot and you would think it would be easy to come across things...
But onto other things..
How would you see a SAN ANDREAS STORIES working out, i think we have covered it in the thread already and if not give me your thoughts on the idea
The visuals for Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were already scaled down for the PSP so it's hard to imagine San Andreas Stories with decent visuals. But it would have been interesting to see whose story they could have pursued. Probably not Brian Johnson, since he was younger than CJ.
San Andreas Stories would be on Vita now and would look better than SA Xbox probably, but since they've left the GTA3 era it wouldn't be the same SA.
BTW LCS and VCS were on PSP before PS2, unless you mean scaled down from GTA3 and VC then my bad.
the graphics for a SAN ANDREAS STORIES game could be the VICE CTIY STORIES and LIBERTY CITY STORIES graphics
They could with the power of the vita i guess enhance them a little and i get the fact that the scale of SAN ANDREAS would be problem... But who ever is the main character you play as, who's to say they explored all of SAN ANDREAS
PS2 era San Andreas would easily work on Vita, the graphics wouldn't quite be the PC version on max settings but it wouldn't be TOO far off, certainly better than PS2/Xbox graphics. As for space I think the Vita cards are currently 4GB but they are gonna introduce 8GB+ ones eventually apparently which is what I'm guessing R* (and hopefully Bethsoft :P) are waiting for.
Makes perfect sense.... But will we see one so far from the others and after all these years, it would make perfect sense to have that as the only GTA so far on the VITA
I'm going to be posting my first impressions of GTA San Andreas in this sub-forum very soon as I started that game for the very first time in mid-December 2012.
I just recently started this game for the very first time in mid-December 2012 and these are my first impressions.
First thing, the intro screens are not dissimilar to those of Vice City and seem to fit the series. The intro movie is not as good as the one in Vice City. To my surprise, the loading screens change in a smooth manner and have audio...a good change. In general, to my amazement, Rockstar managed to reduce the load times on almost everything but most of all the original load. How they did this with a larger game is beyond me. Loading and saving is much faster as well, very welcomed. The first cutscenes to me didn't make much sense (cops setting up CJ) and were harder to see. Those scenes certainly didn't look any better than Vice City did. The start where CJ has to get back home and a bike is in front of you, that was my exploration of the controls and animations. I was surprised to see the game looked different than what I recall with the trailers and gameplay, not really similar to VC. I love the jumping now, crouch is better, melee attacks much more fun and intuitive (I didn't think so in the beginning but that changed), the "tapping the X button to speed up" is really something that enhances the control of everything and was well implemented. What impresses me is how much control they allow you and the methods of using the controller to do the maximum amount of actions. What I dislike is the graphics, I couldn't believe how bad they were!!! I wondered if it was a setting or something but everything was in order. Its hard to see stuff in general within this game in the PS2 version. What the hell was Rockstar thinking here? Stuff blends in better in this game, but overall everything just looks worse. The lightning is pretty bad, the glare is the worst of any video game I've played on the PS2, and the washout is extreme during dusk and dawn. When cutscenes are playing or when your in a certain shaded area during these times, often I won't be able to see much detail whatsoever and that really boggles the mind since Rockstar should have clued in a long time ago that was unacceptable. The jaggies are very bad as well, much worse than VC. Character modeling is the same or slightly worse, cel shaded graphics for some items are odd. The best lighting periods are during mid-day and the middle of the night when you can actually see stuff. In fact, the game looks quite good during these times and maybe better than VC. On GameFAQS there is a review for this game titled "If you love the colour orange, than this game is your dream come true!" - I now see why LOL! I thought that was an over-exaggeration when I first read that in 2004, but it really isn't. The game isn't always orange in tone, but during dusk what happens is in certain areas of the map, literally everything for a time becomes orange. I thought it was crazy the first time I saw it. Someone in the Rockstar development team really must have liked this colour. I can't even read the amount of ammo I have for weapons and a lot of icons are hard to see on the Map. Another thing is the removal of the First Person View so now its a typical 3rd person camera control for the right joystick. I thought this was another bad move but its not the end of the world. They could have had a First Person mode with select but no. Here is what I like so far and what I don't like:
- Being able to stomp on top of cars and vehicles and ride their tails...this is always funny
- Recruiting members
- Fire is much improved in this game from VC (in fact its actually really cool)
- Finally police motorcycles! Yah!
- Firetrucks respond much more often than in VC to fire related problems...this was a wish of mine in VC
- Motion blur during high speeds of driving is awesome
- Trains return!
- AI greatly improved in almost all areas of the game
- Massive Map...something that has to be played to believe
- The amount of open space and hilly terrain is crazy fun
- The idea of the motorbike skill bar allowing you to fall off a bike less and less, amazing idea
- Flying...nuff said
- Extremely large amount of content
- No undercover cops like in VC at 3 wanted stars or higher...even though its not the worst thing, I still think this blows...only modding on PC can bring all this back
- You can't rob stores in this game! What gives? Its has everything under the sun but no robbing stores? Come on
- Can't attack cars in the front with melee unless its high enough like a tanker (if you however lock on to "nothing", this becomes possible)
- Health too low at the start of the game and very difficult to increase
- Driving sucks at the start of the game and building up the bar extremely slowly wasn't a great idea
- Police are too difficult at early stages
- There are WAY too many police roaming around most of the time, its even worse than VC where I thought it was overdone. Sometimes there can be 5 police vehicles that randomly spawn around you and then some walking! It makes doing certain "tasks" almost impossible without a wanted rating. I believe this sucks.
- Very few health icons...this is extremely annoying and stupid...I hate going into fast food places and eating just to get my health back up mid-game
- Your ride still blows up when flipped upside down...that still is unreasonable
- You still get weapons and some cash taken when you are killed or arrested...this needed to change after VC but no
- Load times are not great when going into stories and fast food places...also getting clothing and haircuts, etc. is not fast enough to be enjoyable
- The rain grainy effect sucks...I read how some people think its good and realistic...smoking crack much guys?
- Frame rate...nuff said
- Getting annoying calls from girlfriends and turf attacks right at an inopportune time
- Paramedic doesn't ALWAYS work on my game...no reason why but no patients appear to be picked up during the game...this is a huge glitch and serious issue!!! When it does work, its very difficult to see the blue dots for patients on the screen...yet another reason to play this on the PC instead
- Gay requirements to do certain missions (come at a certain time frame, have certain swimming experience...yikes that is dumb)
Things missing from SA that are in VC:
- Robbing stores out of missions with aiming a weapon at the store owner...its now burglary and some missions that are similar to this
- Punching a criminal that is escaping a police officer no longer gives you a "Good Citizen Bonus" but a wanted rating...dumb
- Bus mini-game?
- Those mini RC copter races (however they exist in a different context in this game)
- Pizza boy side-mission (but there were many new additions to SA that replace this so not a big deal)
- Points 1 to 3 for Dislike and no FP mode anymore
Things that could be improved or easily added to SA:
- Drive through for food to speed up the process of getting more health (I know there are vending machines and food stands)
- More health icons around
- Climbing ladders
- Radio stations in emergency vehicles (I thought there was but there wasn't)
- If you mod a vehicle and it gets destroyed, your screwed...why isn't there a tow service feature in this game if you leave it somewhere or destroy it like in Driver: PL?
Overall, I believe this game is probably vastly better on the PC than anything else. Its definitely not as good as VC but I knew that going in. One of this game's biggest strong points is the enormous map size for a PS2 era game and how much open space there is. At the time, it was the largest map size for any game of its type with the content held within (meaning Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall or whatever doesn't count because its generated continued patterns within a map). What I will say is that this game pushes the PS2 hardware to its fullest and pretty much takes advantage of every last clock cycle it seems. There are times when I marvel at how I'm playing this on the PS2 and then other times I realize I'm on a PS2 when the frame rate drops below 10 FPS :lol: . Related to this is the ability for this game to produce total chaos and insanity during gameplay...that can make the game become extremely entertaining and fun. The GTA series has a history of doing this and San Andreas over delivers in this regard. The sounds and the level of interaction takes this to another level to produce spectacular results. I also think the AI being upgraded majorly helped. Pretty much everytime I do this I laugh out loud at least a few times because something incredibly funny always seems to ensue.
Its a real turnoff when you keep dying in the middle of doing stuff and there is no way to increase the health (I tried). I have armour, still die. Sometimes you can't get out of a burning vehicle fast enough before it explodes and kills you. This is stupid and should have been fixed. There has been some random glitching that isn't at all favorable to your game...a mission failed out of nowhere occurred once (thankfully at the very start, not end), and twice randomly there was a "threat" icon that popped up just before I wanted to save my game and it wanted me to ram a courier and get some cash...WTF!!!?! I didn't ask for it, it just pops up at a dumb time and forces me to play this thing I don't have time for (key word - force meaning I couldn't do the usual left or right button selection to deny the side-mission of the "yay" leaving San Fierro...what a weird expression :lol: :lol: ). How the hell can Rockstar leave shitty bugs like that...in the 2nd version no less!! If it was on purpose, than that Rockstar employee who thought this was a good idea is a complete dumbass. To go all across the damn map and waste huge amounts of time driving just to get some dollars...unreal. I can only imagine how bad this is in GTA IV as I keep hearing these jokes about getting calls to go bowling with a friend and other nonsense. Everyone thinks this is stupid and I pray Rockstar ditches it completely in GTA 5...its super gay. It feels like a chore to play when the game is like that. There are various other mini-games and side-quests that seem to be disfunctional like Girlfriends in which is a complete chore to do and I plan on not completing those side-quests. They hardly work out and I end up getting killed when its all said and done :dispirited: . The bar depletes incredibly fast and you get bothered by annoying calls randomly...absolute suckage.
Another retarded session was when I was attempting to increase my lung capacity by swimming for oysters, I had just done 1.5 hours worth of swimming and gaining stats when I reached the Easter Basin Naval Station ship to get one of the oysters and fuck, 5 star instantly for no damn reason and turned the boat I was using so fast it flipped over. I did manage to get the oyster but then once the rating went to 4 stars, the heli started shooting and even underwater I was being hit (Rockstar...you guys are Cockstar). I swam all the way back to land and within moments was mowed down by millions of law enforcement (with armor and a new longer health bar *rolls eyes*) to death. All weapons gone again!
FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR!!
Known Glitches Encountered So Far:
- After a mission was completed successfully, just as the radio was about to start playing again I hit the pause button just at the right time and somehow got the radio station I was on to play during the pause menu!! It was really cool, you can't normally have this because when you go to audio and select a radio station it won't play once you exit that sub-menu. I thought it was really neat.
- During the mission "Learning to Fly", during the loop-the-loop part, the mission stops before I can get through the last corona! I would do it 100% correctly and for no fucking reason it would stop and give me the screen of 0s. Idiots, let me actually play the mission without some retarded glitch preventing me from completing the game! Holy crap thats stupid. You have to exit out of it and then try again to see if the game co-operates. Driv3r didn't even have this.
- During one of the training school lessons (the bike school), the one where you have to complete a stoppie is glitched up. Right when I do the stoppie the bike automatically stops and the mission ends...another school fail. Nothing I do works, restarting or coming back its the same nonsense.
I'd say this is the type of game I love one minute, and then hate the next. There hasn't been one play session where I didn't get pissed off. You may think that comes with the sandbox genre, but I don't recall VC being like that. There are amazing things and stupid things so close together but San Andreas is a must play on the PS2 and in general.
This may seem very long for first impressions but a review from me for this game is at least a year and a half away. I'm actually pretty close to beating the storyline portion of the game and have barely scraped the rest. Thanks for reading.
Nice one, i will drop in and check it out friend..
I might not play the SAN ANDREAS game as much as GTA 3, but i remember every single bit off it and that is a feat in on itself
Man i get the gist of your impressing and ACCEPT it as a whole.... But even though they have 2 years to make the game... The limitations are and were a problem...
But all in all, an awesome impression and well written
I found or experienced another glitch in GTA SA, I was running from a 5 star wanted FBI force and got in and out of a vehicle quickly, something got confused so I didn't die when the car exploded. What did happen is every weapon I had other than what was originally equipped was gone so I couldn't change weapons at all or even go to melee mode! It was odd.
I will give you a quote from a page in this thread about why,
This shows how much i have played all three games and GTA 3 the most
That SAN ANDREAS GLITCH, happens in all the GTA games and it is cool to be god for a few seconds LOL