Ahh....what have I started...
No. I don't think you have.
Originally Posted by radgamer420
Uncharted seems to have taken inspiration from one game and one successful movie franchise imo, Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones.
Love Uncharted and it's not a knock to believe ND was inspired by these two I mentioned.
Gameplay of Tomb Raider and Uncharted isn't that similar -- they do use third person perspective, yes...but so do many other games. Shooting isn't even the main focus of Tomb Raider.
I am just saying that the examples a lot of people like to give to say TR influenced Uncharted aren't that obvious because of how far gaming has come now.....so yes there could have been influence. At the same time....it's possible that it wasn't the case.
When I play Uncharted, I think TR all the time due to my previous experience playing all the TR games.
Not sure why.
I don't think anyone here said TR was the first to introduce any of that. As I mentioned before, TR and UC really copied Pitfall from back in MY day.
I didn't say anyone here was saying that....so OK.
You are better at making a case then this. Come on. That is like saying GT didn't copy Forza or Forza didn't copy GT....because then that means they copied Need for Speed, Grid, PGR, Dirt, Pole Position, F1. The two games we are discussing are substantially closer in similarity than say Uncharted vs. Mario
OK? All those games have one thing in common -- platforming. I think platforming is established enough as of now where developers do have an idea of what type of gameplay a platforming game will have without having to reference other games (not saying they won't....just making a point here.)
Any many other do see it. Not a big deal.
It doesn't mean anything, you are correct. We are just all voicing our opinions on a game forum.
You can't be serious. lol
- Third Person
- Hand to hand combat
- Exotic environments
- Ancient legends, artifacts and tombs
- Jungle, Ship, Water and Desert battles
- Climbing, jumping
- Quick Time Events
- Mastered assortment of guns
- Creatures and mythological monsters
- A lead that has been backstabbed in the story
- Different weather extremes
- Great looking lead characters
- Symphony sounds that resemble Indiana Jones movies
- Bomber Jackets
- Tibetan Mountains
- Traveling to remote islands to unlock big gold objects such as pyramids and coffins
- Multi-armed god statues
- Treasure hunters bring artifacts to war lords, granting super powers to past friends and foes
- and more that I am missing.