Call of Duty: Ghosts new multiplayer details revealed
Plus a fresh batch of screenshots
Activision has revealed new Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer details at Gamescom.
Following the first details of the Call of Duty: Ghosts Multplayer unveiled last week, Activision has released new information pertaining to the game's multiplayer component.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will allow players to create a soldier, offering 20,000 options to customise a soldier's appearance. There are also more perks than before, which can be attached to your solider. A total of 35 perks have been separated into seven categories:
Players can mix and match between categories, but each soldier can only take advantage of eight perks, with each costing between one and five points. Choosing not to have a secondary weapon will give you three more points to spend on perks.
Activision has also outlined the strike packages, which include the usual three categories: Assault, Support and Specialist.
- Assault: Based on consecutive enemy kills and resets on death. New streak rewards are as follows:
- Sat Com - Use satellite communications to spy on enemy movement.
- Guard Dog - Your combat dog will warn you of enemies approaching, and attack when needed.
- Maniac - Seek help from a knife wielding juggernaut, where a high-speed melee attack is in place of guns.
- Support: Enemy kills do not reset when the player dies. New streak rewards are as follows:
- Night Owl: Advanced drone that detects enemies, and offers protection from explosions.
- MAAWS: Laser guides will guide missiles from the free-fire rocket launcher.
- Helo Scout: Hop on a helicopter and provide aerial sniper support
- Specialist: More consecutive kills will earn you more perks.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will feature seven new game modes:
- Search and Rescue: Similar to Search and Destroy, however this time teammates can revive each other.
- Cranked: Kills provide new abilities, but starts a countdown clock. Kill again before the timer runs out, or risk exploding.
- Blitz: Breach the enemy goal line, while defending your own. A similar mode to Capture the Flag.
Activision has confirmed a Call of Duty: Ghosts release date of November 5
on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and PC. The game will also be a launch title for Xbox One and PS4.
I'm looking forward to this :)