Superior Member

I need a new controller!!

Ok, I know why I suck at Warhawk.

It's this dang controller...I hate it. It's too small. (for me personally, i'm sure it's fine for others)

Often times i'm fumbling with it...my thumbs will press up against each other when I have to push both sticks towards each other when i'm running and doing some moves...or it'll slip almost out of my hand when i'm trying to do the afterburners AND guns. It's just too dang small...I also don't like how the two sticks are side by side.

So...I was wondering...is there a LARGER 3rd party controller out there? I didn't see any at a couple stores I went too...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Who are you, Goon from Rocketeer?

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/rocketeer6.jpg

I would just check out your local game store, but for the most part I think the controllers are pretty much around the same size...you could always try plugging in a PC USB controller to see if it will work, since that would open up a lot of other controllers to you...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Superior Member

haha, i'm 6'3" with long fingers. Not freakishly long, just normal for my height. A bigger controller would make all the MANY buttons you have to use in Warhawk sooo much easier for me.

thanks for the link! ahhh memories

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw® View Post
    Who are you, Goon from Rocketeer?

Hilarious....but seriously....why not pick up that huge ugly lava lamp controller thing? Maybe that is big enough....

Apprentice
    I personally am waiting for the new rumble controller. Hell one of my sixaxxis controllers acts possessed. Sometimes when I press a button it doesn't react. And sometimes it goes haywire and scrolls randomly in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 120 GB North America
    PSN: ASSASSINUS
    Folding Team# 54376

Elite Member
    I don't like the sixaxis either but it's the same size as the PS2 DualShock so no compaints on the size of it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig/Avatar created by: ajrobin (thanks for all your hard work)

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I am surprised a company hasn't come out with a controller that is the same design but coming in 2-3 different sizes for different people, I know of a few people that think controllers are too small or large depending on their hand size...

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw® View Post
    I am surprised a company hasn't come out with a controller that is the same design but coming in 2-3 different sizes for different people, I know of a few people that think controllers are too small or large depending on their hand size...

Yeah, and you know...in some games I'm totally fine with the controller. Like with Heavenly Sword...but when i'm playing something like Warhawk, where you have so many buttons you need to press at once...it is easy to fumble the controller when you are changing hand positions.
    Like when I was driving the tank last night...I had to use my middle finger for the gas and my index finger for the tank cannon...so my hands are scrunched up on the little controller while I use my thumbs to navigate...And on foot, my thumbs get in the way of each other when I'm running right and looking left.

But for other games that are not as button heavy, it works great.

I may end up getting that Madcat controller, it looks like it has a lot of room for your hands to navigate.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kappaman View Post
    I personally am waiting for the new rumble controller. Hell one of my sixaxxis controllers acts possessed. Sometimes when I press a button it doesn't react. And sometimes it goes haywire and scrolls randomly in game.
    I thought that was just me...when my wife and I were playing Lego Star Wars (ps2 version) my guy would suddenly just start running to the right and keep walking into the wall or off a cliff...happened maybe 4 or 5 times during the course of 2 weeks of playing. nothing big, just annoying.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    Yeah, and you know...in some games I'm totally fine with the controller. Like with Heavenly Sword...but when i'm playing something like Warhawk, where you have so many buttons you need to press at once...it is easy to fumble the controller when you are changing hand positions.
    Like when I was driving the tank last night...I had to use my middle finger for the gas and my index finger for the tank cannon...so my hands are scrunched up on the little controller while I use my thumbs to navigate...And on foot, my thumbs get in the way of each other when I'm running right and looking left.

But for other games that are not as button heavy, it works great.

I may end up getting that Madcat controller, it looks like it has a lot of room for your hands to navigate.
    Sony needs to take a hint from Transformers and make a controller that can shape-shift to different sizes and different designs so you can customize it for each game!

Superior Member
    yeah they made them smaller for japanese hands they used to be bigger imo

Add me to your PSN friends
    my PSN id is IIIKAGEIII

Thread Information