Elite Guru

Far Cry Instincts On both Xbox and Xbox36

Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that its award-winning Montreal Studio is developing two new titles inspired by the recently released Far Cry Instincts video game.

Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter (working title) for the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will introduce players to an entirely new story, characters and game features that reflect and improve upon the critically acclaimed elements of the first title.

Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will feature both Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter and an enhanced version of the original Far Cry Instincts game. Offering the kind of lush and deep natural environment true to the Far Cry® brand, Far Cry Instincts on Xbox 360 will captivate gamers with its enhanced graphical reality and gameplay. Giving gamers the opportunity to discover the Far Cry universe in an optimized, high-definition environment, the game takes advantage of Xbox 360's multi-core next-generation engine for improved performance. Gamers will experience advanced pathfinding and new enemy and vehicle artificial intelligence for improved chase scenes and more enemies on-screen at one time, allowing for more adrenaline-rushing fast-action sequences. Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter are slated for release in spring 2006.

"Far Cry Instincts quickly became one of the most talked-about games of 2005 because of its blend of high graphical quality, wide open environments and immersive gameplay elements," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director for Ubisoft. "Ubisoft is confident that Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 and Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter for Xbox will be among the best games this year."
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_r....php?aid=14015

Far Cry Instincts port to Xbox360 with few enhancement.

Forum Elder
    Wow this is big, There are a lot of good games coming out on the xbox 360. Far cry, Halo 3, Gears of War and much more. This three titles are the most anticipated games coming out on the xbox 360.

30.82Mbps<--Download----Upload-->22.80Mbps

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was just going to post this lol.
    This is kinda good news for the 360 to get a far cry game.
    but i did not like the frist far cry game i though it was crapy lol

Forum Elder
    So I guess they will release Far Cry Next Chapter on PC too, might just wait...........didnt like the first one cause AI was too expierence and too smart.

Forum Sage

Re: Far Cry Instincts On both Xbox and Xbox36

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeMaster Ice

Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will feature both Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter and an enhanced version of the original Far Cry Instincts game. Offering the kind of lush and deep natural environment true to the Far Cry&reg; brand, Far Cry Instincts on Xbox 360 will captivate gamers with its enhanced graphical reality and gameplay. Giving gamers the opportunity to discover the Far Cry universe in an optimized, high-definition environment, the game takes advantage of Xbox 360's multi-core next-generation engine for improved performance. Gamers will experience advanced pathfinding and new enemy and vehicle artificial intelligence for improved chase scenes and more enemies on-screen at one time, allowing for more adrenaline-rushing fast-action sequences. Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter are slated for release in spring 2006.

"Far Cry Instincts quickly became one of the most talked-about games of 2005 because of its blend of high graphical quality, wide open environments and immersive gameplay elements," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director for Ubisoft. "Ubisoft is confident that Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 and Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter for Xbox will be among the best games this year."
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_r....php?aid=14015

Far Cry Instincts port to Xbox360 with few enhancement.
    How is this exactly "Few" enhancement?

According to this, it will be a considerably enhanced game from the original version, which sounds really good.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Super Bias Moderator
    Upgraded AI...oh no...I might as well break all my controllers now.

Wii # 2775 0778 3886 7989

Animosity
    Oh neat.The 360 is just like the original Xbox,not much variety,but some great shooters.Can't wait.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    Oh neat.The 360 is just like the original Xbox,not much variety,but some great shooters.Can't wait.
    Apparently you missed all the racing games, the 200 hour RPG, the other shooters, the JRPGs coming, the action games, platformers, etc...

So the 360 is getting another shooter. How exactly is this a problem? Did anyone complain when the PS2 got yet another JRPG? Of course not, because it is a popular genre, just like shooters.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by siren
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    Apparently you missed all the racing games, the 200 hour RPG, the other shooters, the JRPGs coming, the action games, platformers, etc...

So the 360 is getting another shooter. How exactly is this a problem? Did anyone complain when the PS2 got yet another JRPG? Of course not, because it is a popular genre, just like shooters.
    WOW siren chill out dude. Maybe he didnt mean to say the xbox 360 is just like the xbox, and the only thing they had is shooters. But in some parts i agree with him, there is way too many shooters. Some variety wouldnt hurt the xbox 360 (lots of them please!!!)

Veteran
    The point is there already is a lot of variety with an obvious further increase in the variety coming in just the next few months.

They have covered pretty much every genre in the US already except for RPGs. In Japan 2 JRPGs are already out (I personally can't wait till my copy of Enchant Arm comes in). The original Xbox didn't even get 1 JRPG.

The original Xbox didn't have a single Party Game worth mentioning. In Japan it already has Every Party which is a lot of fun even if you don't know Japanese.

If you also choose to ignore Xbox Live Arcade, you miss a ton of the games on the system. You miss all the puzzle games. You miss all the old school games. You miss the economic simulator game. You miss the board games.

In some ways, the Xbox360 has more variety in just 2 months than the original Xbox had in over 4 years.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Forum Guru
    there is way too many shooters.
    Um, well, this works both ways. There is way too many JRPGs as well, but, like Siren said, no one is complaining when the PS2/PS3 gets yet another JRPG.

If it were my way, WRPGs and JRPGs would be about equal, for those that don't know. WRPGs = Western RPGs like KOTOR and Mass Effect.

Elite Guru
    Ok why did you guys have to bring the ps2/ps3 to the talk? thats pure fanboyism

Forum Sage
    As I said before, it would be a problem if they didn't cover other important genres like 2nd person action, racing, RPGs...etc. But it happens that they ARE covering them, in fact, some of the most awaited ones don't have anything to do with FPS (blue Dragon, Lost Oddysey, Mass Effect, NG2...etc...)

In fact, some titles that used to be other console's exclusives (or FIRST exclusives at least) have also more chances now to land on 360 simultaneously with other platforms.

Variety is here, and it would be crazy to think that a console adaptation of this game wouldn't meet the Xbox 360.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by War Hawk
    Ok why did you guys have to bring the ps2/ps3 to the talk? thats pure fanboyism
    1) Please don't call anyone a fanboy because I doubt you know what a fanboy is the way you automatically assume something.
    2) I'm getting all systems, I like one system over the other, fanboyism is when someone only likes one system (or anything else) and most likely won't care about the other systems (or anything else competing with that one thing that they like).
    3) Why shouldn't I bring the PS2/PS3 into the talk? Reasoning below.

I should have brought it in because I see PS fans complaining how the Xbox has too many shooters and no variety, well, the PS has loads of JRPGs, that's what it's known for but how many of you complain about that?

Anyway, no need to complain about the Xbox brand and its variety now, it's getting plenty.

Elite Guru
    1) Please don't call anyone a fanboy because I doubt you know what a fanboy is the way you automatically assume something.
    Do me the favor and read the post again, i didnt call anybody a fanboy.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by War Hawk
    Do me the favor and read the post again, i didnt call anybody a fanboy.
    You didnt call anybody a fanboy but you are implying/assuming that since somebody brung up PS2/PS3 they are fanboys.

They brung up the PS2/PS3 because since this topic is mostly about how the xbox, and xbox 360 have no variety, they are comparing to how the PS2/PS3 will have lots of Jrpgs with the same idea as why the xbox, xbox 360 has shooters.

Personally I dont even know why people bring up this variety BS. Its simple, if you like shooters you get xbox 360, if you like RPGs you get PS3, if you like both then get them both.

Elite Guru
    well i didnt call anybody a fanboy, so i didnt break the law. :s$#@!
    As far as i know the xbox 360 have no variety, when i see some variety i will post something else...until then boys and girls

Veteran
    Oh joy, let's run around with stupidly programed enemies again! The joy of Far Cry. At least the graphics'll be good.

I Won't Kill You, But I Don't Have To Save You

Animosity
    LOL,I didn't mean to be offensive.Just stating an opinion.The Xboxes seem to focus more on shooters than anything.I like it,I have a Xbox and am getting a new one soon.KOTOR is my favirote RPG btw.

Dedicated Member

Molyneux: FFVII defined the genre

xbox sucks big time

Re: Molyneux: FFVII defined the genre

on it

Thread Information