Page 1 of 59 111 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Devil May Cry 4: News* and Images (Updated Nov. 3)*. (56k warning)

Updated November. 3rd with new screens! (Click on "Reveal" to see them)
    [reveal]
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta110 View Post

[/reveal]

The Game play can contain so many different possibilities due to the new disk capacity?

Like a larger variety of weapons and styles to use them. New game play tweaks and tactics that can be wide range over large-scale maps.
    So cool.

Updates and Highlights:

Hideaki Itsuno stated that "Devil May Cry 4 will feature more weapons, maneuvers, enemies, locations, music, and cut scenes than all the previous releases combined. It is also being billed as being the longest release yet."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_4(article found by Superb, this same quote was also found in another article located by Steroyd)

Also.
    "The location of the story has been mentioned to be in a winter/snowy climate and that both Dante and Vergil are being specifically dressed for this occasion. It's quite possible that either both Trish and Lady could make appearances or a new female lead could be brought in to keep the 'tradition' going."
    Article URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_4(article found by Superb)

This means we my see every character in the series again in this game and chances are they will be playable.

No News of an online mode but demand is really high for it and we may hear about such features in the near future.

What will Devil May Cry 4 look like?
    It has been said that DMC4 will look at least as good as some of the shots in the TGS demo. "Finally, touching on the staggering impression the stunning TGS demo made on fans, thanks to the blinding levels of graphical pizzazz, the producer confirms that DMC4 will look at least as good as the demo, running in real-time."(article from Computerandvideogames.com, the article was a translated entry)

The bare minimum.

(Pic and article found by Steroyd)

Update:
    Here are some new pics, under speculation, from 1up.com
    These are from the TGS demo, stated above that will represent the bare minimum of the real time graphics of DMC4.

If these are real-time, then who believes that this pic from the E3 trailer is possible in real-time For DMC 4?

It looks like they have many different models and faces for Dante, but they’re still working on which one they will use for the game itself. By now, they probably have chosen all of Dante’s features if they plan on showcasing it at this year’s E3.

A link to download the TGS teaser trailer (it's off screen).
    http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140593

Link to Full length 2005 TGS Trailer
    http://www.thestash.tv/restricted_ac...s/devilmaycry4

For those wondering how DMC4's game play will be, here's the Game play News section.

Game play News:

1) Itsuno(Developer for DMC4) mentioned more accessible freedom with air-combat. Giving the game's combat system and advancing it into flight. (possible indication of more primary focus for Dante's demon form) Hopefully something ZOE2-ish.

2) The next thing mentioned is that not only can you level up Dante in a set path (which at this point, is commonplace in action games), but you can also assign certain attacks to whatever button input, commands you'd like. For those that forgot, on the Capcom Magazine they released in Japan (I assume it was with Famitsu) Kobayashi mentioned in ease and option of control. To which, obviously assumed -- you can mix and match various inputs together for complete customization. You create your own style -- is what it seems they are getting at. Instead of selecting pre-determined ones.

3) He then talks about DMC3:SE and about Vergil. Saying he wanted Vergil to be harder to play with than Dante, but ultimately have a higher peak of tactical performance for those who master him. With the interview over at 1up, he also goes to say that inclusions of Vergil, BP, were things they wanted to put in the PS2 ver., but development time prevented it from happening.
    (above quote found by Superb, from GAF forums)

Everything from E3 2006:

Here's Hoping.......

At E3 2006 DMC4 was a no show.

Everything From TGS 2006:

At TGS, Sept. 22-24 Devil May Cry 4 is deemed to be playable.(info found by wotter)
    I can't wait!

THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE HAS BEEN POSTED THE URL IS http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html
    THESE ARE SOME IN-GAME DEVELOPMENTAL PICTURES THERE

Wow!
    Multiplatform
    Just Released, DMC4- Multi platfrom!! 360 users and even PC users get a tast of DMC.
    Great news for capcom.
    Dtails to come,rumor or or fact?)....

Official Capcom Press Release.(i got it a day before it's supposed to come out, its the 19th now)

" March 20th, 2007
    Press Release
    3-1-3, Uchihiranomachi, Chuo-ku
    Osaka, 540-0037, Japan
    Capcom Co., Ltd.
    Kenzo Tsujimoto, President and CEO
    (Code No. 9697 Tokyo - Osaka Stock Exchange)

Capcom’s "Devil May Cry 4" Goes Multiplatform! Mega-hit Title set for PLAYSTATION® 3, Xbox 360™ and PC!

Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™ and PC platforms.

"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.

Product Details 1. Title Devil May Cry 4
    2. Genre Stylish Action
    3. Platform ・PLAYSTATION®3
    ・Xbox 360™
    ・PC<
    4. Release Date To be announced.

* PLAYSTATION is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Corporation.
    * Xbox 360 is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.

Inquiries regarding the above information may be directed to:

Capcom Co., Ltd.
    Public Relations Office (Tamoto or Tamai)
    (Email) ir@capcom.co.jp
    (Address) 3-1-3, Uchihiranomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 540-0037, Japan
    (Tel)+81-6-6920-3623 (Fax) +81-6-6920-5108

Back to FY2006 Press Release Page

Close"http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html

Officail NEW!!! YES

New Pictures from IGN.com: Sep. 12, 2007

New boss?

(From August)

Dante

(From July)

***RELEASE DATE NEWS:****
    CAPCOM DEVELOPER SAYS DEVIL MAY CRY FOUR WILL BE RELEASED IN *AUTUMN* 2007.
    THAT'S THIS FALL!!! YES!
    (information from psu.com)
    Devil may cry 1 was released on october 16, 2001.
    Devil may cry 2 was released on jan 25, 2003
    devil may cry 3 was released march 1st, 2005
    The only thing that can be concluded from all this is that each game was 2 years apart.
    So from march 2005, they should release it in 2007, probually in december or the first quarter of 2008, which i think they would like to get a holiday rush in if they could.
    Thats on the release date but i hope we get a demo, i miss my dmc3 game.

Here's a box art pic from ebgames.com

Superior Member

Sounds good to me. Whatever the changes, they'll probably be good. Not like DMC2 please.

I pull the cord and freefall, so high I feel so small...

Dedicated Member
    Just think they could make final fantasy games even longer that would be awsome to have a larger weopan and armor select. U dont have to worry about games being to short if the devs are smart.

Dedicated Member
    I want to see some really good things from the next DMC though. 3 was awsome and im lookin towards the 4th.

Elite Guru
    I'm looking forward to DMC 4, I'm excited that Hiroyuki Kobayashi is back and working on DMC 4.

I don't know. I bought DMC1 recently, loved playing it for a while, but it seems like it's only 6 hours long or so, so whether or not I'm really really hyped for this game is questionable...
    Next-gen console fund: £255.

Elite Sage

Re: Devil may cry 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotice
    The Gameplay can contain so many differnt possiblites due to the new disk capacity?

Like a larger variety ofweapons and styles to use them. New game play tweeks and tactics that can be wide range over large sacle maps.
    So cool.
    not because of the disc capacity, but it would help have bigger areas at a time compared to PS3.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Dedicated Member
    http://www.ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10902

might as well add that link in here
    PSOMGLMAO - Live in your world... bake, kill and play in ours!!! キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ 〜であります

Apprentice

Hey, thanks for adding that, I was just about to.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    DEVIL MAY CRY 4 is going to be a killer game.
    this is a must have game for any PS3 owner

Dedicated Member

Rumor has it that some more info about DMC4 & RE5 is featured in the upcoming Famitsu...
    Someone with japan language knowledge gotta check this out, plz!

Source
    "Awesome, the PS3 is like alien hardware from a UFO crash... it's like reverse engineering the FUTURE OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT!"

barney_2k
    Famitsu always has the latest stuff

i think they will extend DMC4 a lot in comparison to the PS2 games

its over 10x as much capacity compared to a normal DVD if its a dual layer blu-ray disc

Barney

Apprentice
    lol dmc is so perfect for ps3. The only thing holding dmc back was the $#@!ty graphics. Now that its outta the way, its gonna be great. What im hoping they do, is weaken enemy's hp and make more of them and smarter. Its felt kinda mindless slashing a mere peon like a billion times.... tho boss fights are great as it is.

Oh yea, they should let you get diff weapons. I don't like that big sword. I want a katana like virgil. Oh and alt costumes would be cool.

lol... since dmc gameplay is so good already, they just have to follow the "bigger, better, prettier" formula

uhh... btw... wheres the mag scan, i can prob translate some of it. I only see the cover.
    PS3 Funds: $850

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Einz360
    I hope they make dante more agile... I mean he was agile enough to begin with... but I hope he can run on walls a little longer, and stuff... also include a block button instead of having to be a Royal Guard to do so... it would add a lot more strategy to the game.

And make the bosses badass as they always are... and obviously make Dante trashtalk like hell.
    carbon based life forms

Dedicated Member
    the latest issue of famitsue isnt out yet, therefore no more scans available. I think some more page scans are going to appear on the net when the new famitsu comes out...

Only the cover, if this is the real one for the next issue, has appeared until now...
    Tell me, is the cover saying something about a preview of DMC4/RE5 ???
    "Awesome, the PS3 is like alien hardware from a UFO crash... it's like reverse engineering the FUTURE OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT!"

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred0r
    the latest issue of famitsue isnt out yet, therefore no more scans available. I think some more page scans are going to appear on the net when the new famitsu comes out...

Only the cover, if this is the real one for the next issue, has appeared until now...
    Tell me, is the cover saying something about a preview of DMC4/RE5 ???
    It says
    NEW SOFT New info + screenshots of games for next-gen console!
    Dead Rising / Lost Planet
    Devil May Cry 4 / Biohazard 5

Note: Biohazard is the Japanese name of the game Resident Evil.
    And then there's some other stuff, like on the side the big gold letters says "Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams & Ookami demo disk included!" And the bottom has something about a special DVD disk of 29 different game trailers. And apparently this Famitsu magazine is dedicated to Capcom only. Famitsu has lots of different divisions I think. Like, there is Famitsu 360, Famitsu, and this one is Famitsu Capcom.

Dedicated Member
    I got some news of this latest issue:

Devil May Cry 4: details
    The Japanese magazine Famitsu Capcom vol. 2 reveals some new information concerning very awaited Devil May Cry 4 under development out of PlayStation 3. The hero of the play Dante should be older in this new episode, it should even wear the beard according to information's of the Japanese magazine, which does not prevent it from preserving its behavior very cool good cavity.

Producer of the play at Capcom, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, indicates that it hoped at the beginning to make of this Devil May Cry 4 a play easier to finish than the preceding shutters of the series, but that really did not correspond so that the fans asked. Hiroyuki Kobayashi thus centered its optimizations more on the gameplay, the goal being to return the control of the character simpler and accessible to all. The director of the play, Hideaki Itsuno, adds that Devil May Cry 4 will be a difficult play and that the player will not be able to go into reverse.

Hideaki Itsuno states then that Devil May Cry 4 will propose more weapons, movements, enemies, decorations, musics, and scenes kinematics that the whole of all the episodes of the series combined. Without wanting truly to comment on the graphic power of PlayStation 3, the persons in charge specify that the first trailer card of Devil May Cry 4 diffused at the time of Tokyo Game Show in Japan is the minimum of what one can imagine to see in real time in the final version of the play.

No date of exit for the play was mentioned in the article. Hiroyuki Kobayashi adds all the same, to make us have patience, that the next time that Devil May Cry 4 will be presented (E3 2006?), the play will be certainly in its final version and will thus turn entirely in real time. The play should leave only on PlayStation 3, no conversion for Xbox 360 or Nintendo Revolution is not envisaged.
    Sounds veeery promising in terms of the PS3 hardware power *.-P

The only thing that strikes me is that DMC4 will keep on being a difficult game....i lost my nerves many times when playing DMC3...

English translation of the france source:

source

Elite Sage
    Here's the article from Computerandvideogames.com

and a good english gone through the channels translation with a respected website as well..

KOBAYASHI SLASHES DMC4 INFO ARTERY

DMC4 producer reveals game will look at least as good as TGS demo, plus it'll be big, hard and hairy

12:19 Here's a true story: we borrowed a copy of the original PS2 Devil May Cry from a friend once - and played it as far as the first boss and got so utterly humiliated by the fact that we couldn't get passed it that we've comfortably repressed all thoughts of the game so far back in our heads that we're more or less at the point where we can pretend that the series never existed in the first place.

Apart from, that is, the fact that DMC producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi has revealed more info on the PS3 Devil May Cry 4, meaning all that hard work's about to unravel around our ears.

Speaking to Famitsu Capcom Vol. 2, Kobayashi bared his teeth and gnawed down on the bone of tantilisation, sharing more information on the new look Dante for the upcoming next-gen iteration of the series. As previously stated, the youthful Dante model used in the TGS demo for DMC4 wasn't indicative of the character's final look. Kobayashi reveals that, similar to Solid Snake's re-imagining in MGS4, Dante will be much older, more stylish and - get this - have a beard! Hooray for beards!

While DMC3 was renowned for its blistering difficulty level, Kobayashi also confirmed that - despite initial plans - the fourth iteration of the game won't be any easier. He explained that while he began development intending to lessen the challenge, he realised the decision would be unpopular with series fans. Instead, the development team is concentrating on making the title "easier to control" and simpler to "get into". Also on the subject of game difficulty, series director Hideaki Itsuno chimed in, ominously stating that "there is no turning back now".

If you can battle your way through DMC4's eye-watering difficulty level though, you'll apparently discover far more "game" this time around. According to Kobayashi, the next-gen follow-up will feature more enemies, bosses, weapons, locations and so on than the first three games combined. Our official response: blimey.

Finally, touching on the staggering impression the stunning TGS demo made on fans, thanks to the blinding levels of graphical pizzazz, the producer confirms that DMC4 will look at least as good as the demo, running in real-time. Although the Kobayashi was unable to give a time-frame for the game's completion, he did make assurances that when DMC4 next surfaces, it will be in fully-playable form. Yippee!
    to summarise.

- So yes Dante gets a beard
    - Yes the game is going to be as hard as DMC 3. *re-uses shock emoticon*
    - and yes there's going to be and i quote....

you'll apparently discover far more "game" this time around. According to Kobayashi, the next-gen follow-up will feature more enemies, bosses, weapons, locations and so on than the first three games combined. Our official response: blimey.
    Yes...combined. *uses shock emoticon again*

from the good ole' english website.

Link

This game is going to be so big....i don't know wether to faint or cry, especially how teeth grinding DMC3 was.

I like DMC3's difficulty kept me on my toes all the time.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Apprentice

I found this Article/interview with DMC4 concept art on a Korean site. Waay to lazy/tired to translate anything now, but enjoy the eyecandy

Animosity
    Looks like they are going back to the DMC1 style Dante.Hopefully Drew Commbs will voice him agian.

Veteran
    Can't wait for this game! The most ineresting is when he said the Tokyo Game Show trailer is only the minimum of graphics you can expect from Devil May Cry 4. Devil May Cry 4 will be a graphical beauty.
    Resistance 2, KillZone 2, WarDevil, MGS4, God Of War 3, Final Fantasu XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, and a alot more, how can 2008 not be the PS3's year.

Master Guru
    I don't want to sound like a baby but I don't want it to be as hard as DMC 3, god damn it I can't even get to the 3rd level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    I personally liked the difficuilty in DMC3. It gave me a real challenge and felt satisfying when I beat the bossses(especially Virgil, I died 18 times on this boss).
    Resistance 2, KillZone 2, WarDevil, MGS4, God Of War 3, Final Fantasu XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, and a alot more, how can 2008 not be the PS3's year.

is there somthing i don't no here. Why does every one think this game is hard? Its not that hard, actually its quite easy, and i have done all the difficulty leves as well, So why does every one say its hard, my friends don't think its that hard.

Master Guru
    maybe because it was my first time playing a DMC game. maybe if I had the game for longer I would have got better practice.

It would be awesome to put that chick from the movie Underworld with Dante in the game, just think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information