Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran

PS3 Remote Play to connect to cell phones

There isn't much specific information or even a reference for this news or which phones and services will work with this, but it looks like PS3 Remote Play is going to be expanded to cell phones next year. It sounds like this would only be with Wifi capable cell phones that can be in Wifi areas. It remains to be seen how much capability is there but the very least is being able to stream your video and music collection from your PS3 to your cellphone. It seems a natural progression since Remote Play is essentially turning your PS3 into a content server.
    Connect the PS3 to Your Phone, Starting Next Year
    - You get a ringing joystick that vibrates and receives text messages

Seems that Sony's not only trying to compete with Xbox Live and Nintendo's similar services, but also with Apple's iTunes. The news of the day is that the PS3 will be able to hook up to your cellphone and you surely know that this is just another reason for those PSP Phone rumors to resurface. We're already loving the Remote Play functionality featured on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3 and we guess that it can be expanded in order to allow the next-gen gaming device to connect to many other
    gadgets.

Linking a PS3 to a mobile phone means hardcore media streaming and maybe a chance to take screenshots and capture videos from the games you play, plus some neat content management of your saves and files. We'll see this new feature being launched by April 2008, probably with the aid of a brand new firmware. I'm curios to see if the connectivity option is only available for Sony's phones, or we'll be able to hook up iPhones to our beloved consoles.

Can you read into the future and really figure out what such a feature means? Here's a couple of high-tech lucky guesses (even reaching sci-fi levels at times):

* We'll play games using our Sony Ericsson phones as joysticks, maybe even taking advantage of their vibration function and accelerometer

* In case you're hooking up a phone with a pretty big storage space to the console, you'll be able to transfer your saves or even copy demos on the next-gen device

* Maybe the streaming process will be able to work in reverse, allowing us to check out YouTube content on the PS3

* Guess what? Connecting a phone that has a QWERTY keypad to your PS3 means that you'll be able to type messages faster and sometimes even pretend that you're playing a PC game

Speculations aside, there's still a long road ahead of us and some serious waiting time before the novelty kicks in, so let's enjoy the Remote Play for now and hope for the best.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Conne...ar-74079.shtml

Loves Kat Von D
    I seriously thought it was **** that I can't use my SONY Ericsson mobile with my Ps3! It has Bluetooth, for fcuk sake!! Logistically any mobile should be allowed to, but at least a phone of the same brand!!!

But meh, whatever. I just rip the Memory card out my mobile, slap it in the PS3, and rip all my music that way.
    See, I'm a smart person- I got the -decent- Ps3 system

<3
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

I don't really post here these days..

Playing GTA5/Online. Add me for a game?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfOfZero View Post
    I seriously thought it was **** that I can't use my SONY Ericsson mobile with my Ps3! It has Bluetooth, for fcuk sake!! Logistically any mobile should be allowed to, but at least a phone of the same brand!!!

But meh, whatever. I just rip the Memory card out my mobile, slap it in the PS3, and rip all my music that way.
    Well, this is pretty big since it means people will have access to their own private media server and their personal collections rather than subscribing to some expensive cell phone content delivery service. Plus it means being able to update their music and video content on their cell phone on-the-fly, so they keep their whole collection on their PS3 and switch out whatever they have on their cellphone wherever they are -- without having to be anywhere near their PS3.

Thread Information