Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    The_Pope

Will i get MEGA LAG!!!???

Hey i have a ps3 hooked up to my router and my lil bro is getting a elite for xmas so sometimes we will proberly be online at the same time i have a 4mb internet connection will both of them online at the same time cause mega lag?????

Apprentice
    I wouldn't have thought so, I have 8Mb, and I have my PS3, my laptop, my sisters laptop and my dad's computer. Still runs fine for me through all that, so 2 consoles shouldn't do much. Although some people have had problems with the router, apparently the Xbox sometimes cuts the PS3's connection off or something.

Dedicated Member
    I dont really know, i use wifi to play online and such, usually get 70% + signal, and im SUPPOSED to have a 1Mb connection, but my ISP is Messing with me so im getting like.....less than a 100Kbps at the speedtest site =/, Yet i still get NO lag when i play Warhawk online, so i dont think it will be an issue. And even when someone else is on the lappy too, no lag!.

Christmas Thief
    You'll be fine. I've had 3 PCs and 2 game systems connected to one router wirelessly before and it was never a problem. Just don't be running download programs on your PC like BitComet or UTorrent if you want to play games.

The_Pope
    but wont playing online games on both of them at the same time cause problems ????

Dedicated Member
    It might cause some lag for the 360 game, i heard 360 games get lag, i never witnessed any lag with any ps3 game BUT!!....Fight night round 3, which is weird since there isnt a whole lot going on, i blame EA.

The_Pope
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho_rez View Post
    It might cause some lag for the 360 game, i heard 360 games get lag, i never witnessed any lag with any ps3 game BUT!!....Fight night round 3, which is weird since there isnt a whole lot going on, i blame EA.
    Lets all blame EA ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH

Superior Member
    You may get lag, you may not; won't know till you try it but I'd guess you should be ok with a decent connection. Do as the one post says though and don't be downloading a bunch of stuff while you're playing, that will make pretty much any connection lag, depending on size of the downlaod.

Also, the type of router you have will have an effect this.
    R.I.P. Tom Clancy.

May you have many Commies to wage war upon in Valhalla.

The_Pope
    I have a Belkin G+ ive never had any problems with it b4

Dedicated Member
    You've got a 4MB connection and YOU're worried about lag?C'mon that's more than enough for your pc,laptop,ps3,360,ps2,psp combined.Just don't be using torrents or GB downloads when playing,cuz that'll make you lag for sure.

The_Pope
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    You've got a 4MB connection and YOU're worried about lag?C'mon that's more than enough for your pc,laptop,ps3,360,ps2,psp combined.Just don't be using torrents or GB downloads when playing,cuz that'll make you lag for sure.
    COOOOOOOOOl i hope your right Toes crossed

I have the PS3 and my roommate has the 360. We play online all the time at the same time and never had a problem on the PS3 side. The 360 lagged every once and awhile, but the this happens regardless if the PS3 is online or not. And as far as everyone saying not to have anything downloading, I never had a problem playing online while I am downloading something. Just keep in mind like everyone else is saying, your experience with this could be completely different depending on many factors like IP, router, etc.

On another note, what is a GB download?
    PSN ID: davevis

The_Pope
    Quote Originally Posted by davevis View Post
    I have the PS3 and my roommate has the 360. We play online all the time at the same time and never had a problem on the PS3 side. The 360 lagged every once and awhile, but the this happens regardless if the PS3 is online or not. And as far as everyone saying not to have anything downloading, I never had a problem playing online while I am downloading something. Just keep in mind like everyone else is saying, your experience with this could be completely different depending on many factors like IP, router, etc.

On another note, what is a GB download?
    i also want to know what a GB downlaod is

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    at my house my girlfriend and my ps3 are on at the same time playing online together (wirelessly), and we are not getting any lag. I also have my laptop on (not downloading) and my desktop(hardwired) on upstairs.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

The_Pope
    Quote Originally Posted by vudumonkey25 View Post
    at my house my girlfriend and my ps3 are on at the same time playing online together (wirelessly), and we are not getting any lag. I also have my laptop on (not downloading) and my desktop(hardwired) on upstairs.
    When i read the 1st part of that i thought you was saying the ps3 can have periods lol

Sublimely Static
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZ View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so, I have 8Mb, and I have my PS3, my laptop, my sisters laptop and my dad's computer. Still runs fine for me through all that, so 2 consoles shouldn't do much. Although some people have had problems with the router, apparently the Xbox sometimes cuts the PS3's connection off or something.
    Funny part about this statement is that I have all three consoles hooked to my router through hard wire and the wii knocked off both my 360 and PS3. Interesting, no?

Master Guru
    Stop complaining, i have 1mb, shared between 2 computers, on nearly all the time, and a ps3, wanting to play WarHawk. Pretty **** signal too, but its on the best tv i have got.

Dedicated Member

will you get lag? hmmm, i guess u'll find out eh?

Elite Guru
    the Wii might have been trying to use the same IP address, that's the only time I've seen a problem with multiple systems causing issues.

Forum Sage
    Yeah with a 4Mb down connection you won't have any problems. If it was under a meg then maybe or even 1.5. I used to have 1.5 and never had any problems with one console so by deductive reasoning two wouldn't be a problem on a 4 meg connection. As said though don't run a torrent, that will dominate your connection.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Ultimate Veteran
    Items New User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by v-digit View Post
    will you get lag? hmmm, i guess u'll find out eh?
    thats what im thinking let the ps3 and the xbox do wireless battle looool
    we will see who owns the broadband and turn off the torrent thingy it wil lag like hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.

Superior Member

if you plan to download and play at the same time limit the speed of the torrents and leave enough so you can play online.

Master Poster
    I wouldn't think you would have any problems. For me on the other hand, with a 256kb/s connection. I have to turn off every computer in the house just about so that i can safely online game without major lag. With 4MB, you should have no problems!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    40GB PS3 Owner - 32" Hisense LCD 1080P - 1 DS3 - 2 Sixaxis
    Games Owned: Fifa 08, Uncharted, GTA:IV, COD 4, PGA Tour 2008, Haze, Battlefield: Bad Company, COD:W@W, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2

I have a 576 Kb/s connection, and last night i was able to download a video whilst playing warhawk without any lag...you should have no problem at all.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    You should be fine. In the dorms we all share the same internet and there are a lot of people playing online at once and it's never any trouble. Usually in my room I'll be playing COD4 online on the PS3 and my friend will be playing COD:UO on the PC and both our games are fine... and then every now and then there's 1-2 guys using my wireless to play WoW on their laptop.

Thread Information