Please close if this has been posted.
Did anybody get the new PlayStation the Official Magazine? The cover story was MGS4 in their "Top 10 PS3 Games of 2008". MGS4 was number 1 by the way. Since the source is a magazine, I can't provide any links, only pictures. But it is from the official magazine.
I'll just list the new info to make it faster.
- Possible MGS4 + Metal Gear Online bundled together
- When some scenes are shown related to other parts in the series, you can hold down a button to view a flashback from the original game. (Example: When talking about Metal Gear Rex, you can watch a flashback that plays from the earlier MG game to provide background info.)
- ***Estimated 4 HOURS of cinematic cut scenes in the entire game!!!*** (More than MGS3)
- 16 players online
- Game types include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, and Team Sneak
- Customizable characters can have up to three skills (like perks in COD4)
- Some examples are "Marathon" for sprinting and "Narc" for showing enemy positions
- Skills and weapons will level up the more you play
- ***Up to 100 different weapons to acquire and use!!!***
- SOP system allows you to know current position of teammates, current status of teammates, and even sharing perks
Also, I looked at the images on GameFAQs. I found some pictures of Snake firing an FGM-148 Javelin (for those who watch FutureWeapons), and even an M224 mortar with the line coming out of the barrel showing where the shell would land (the same as when you throw a grenade in the game).
- MGS4 has a staggering 200 people working on the project
- 30 of those are animators
- Octocamo will be able to use 300 surface textures throughout whole game
---Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.---
Link to GameFAQs gallery, please check it out. Multiple pictures show Snake in the same position showcasing different weapons.
Enjoy people!!!!! D
Do not show scans or phots from a magazine directly in the forum ~ Graham
Results 1 to 25 of 86
Thread: PTOM - New MGS4 Info BLOWOUT!
PTOM - New MGS4 Info BLOWOUT!
Awesome I honestly can't wait!
Nobody is answering. Time to change the name.
I am not usually interested in futuristic games but this sounds so awesome
the 100 weapons alone probably would not fit on a DVD9 (I set myself up for flaming)PS3 Forums Staff X100000000000
I wish I could be excited for MGS4, but for some reason I just don't care. I WILL be getting it, mind you, but the anticipation which I held when awaiting the release date of MGS3 is a feeling of the past. I wish I could get excited for games like I used to.
Either way, it looks cool and thanks for the info.
They should allow a mod so people can create their own magazines to throw around ingame, that'd really get people looking at them
I want this game, everything i hear about it makes me want it moreBTP666
Im thirsty any one have any haterade?
PS3 Games 18
Sounds awesome, although I'm sure they mean weapons variations. Or does that mean we could use a broken bottle or things found on the street?
400 HOURS OF CINEMATICS!!!! WTF??? Are u kidding me? That's like 2 movies![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love Jessica Alba and Adriana Lima!!
I AM NOT THE PIGEON MAN!!
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- Rep Power
- 3,211 (0 Banked)
So can this game come out before Christmas? I wish. It's probably the most ambitious game I have ever seen."Knowledge is power"
12-20-2007 #15"For they that are discontented under monarchy call it tyranny; and they that are displeased with aristocracy call it obligarchy: so also, they which find themselves grieved under a democracy call it anarchy." -Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan.
MGS4 is going to be huge.
I hope Sony have a launch party for it.
Sony, where the f*** is my copy of the magazine!!!
I hope everyone buys MGS4. It should be able to easily break 1 million copies in the first week. It would be truly a bad omen if MGS4 (one of the PS3's flagship franchise) does not sell well.
Looks like my main goal is to get a PS3 again..You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
PSN ID - WrathofAres
Send me a friend request
Thanks for the old news buddy! And MGS4 will include online, they won't be separate.
100 weapons...thats effing awesome. man I can't wait for this game. I really hope they bundle MGS and Online and have it 60 bucks, although I have a feeling they'll probably charge more.
see what happens when the devs dont rush out a game !! and some people were complaining about the delay and to those peeps i say "stop crying and let the devs do theire best" this game gets better every time they give us info on it.
Might as well save me the trouble and put your face in my cross-hairs, Why delay the inevitable?
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
- Rep Power
- 0 (0 Banked)
when released, this will probably be the best next gen game...it just sounds so fleshed out...after the ff games this is what Im waiting for
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)